report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2010, 06:57 AM
Gold Member

Sarah Palin is backing North Korea.

'We gotta stand with our NORTH Korean allies': The latest gaffe from Sarah Palin.

Original Link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nd-allies.html

Quote:
She could run for president in 2012 but Sarah Palin may want to brush up on her geography after confusing a major U.S. adversary for an ally.

In a radio interview with controversial talkshow host Glenn Beck, former Alaskan Governor Palin managed to confuse North Korea with South Korea.

Asked about the ongoing conflict between the two nations, Palin replied: 'Obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies.'

Palin is famously no stranger to foreign policy blunders, having been quoted in 2008 as saying Alaska is 'right over the border from Russia'.

Former vice presidential candidate Palin has been embraced by some sections of the Republican party for her traditional views and appeal to working class families but she is less popular with a former First Lady, it has emerged.

Speaking to CNN's Larry King alongside her husband George HW Bush, Barbara Bush appeared to advise Palin to stay out of national politics.

'I sat next to her once. Thought she was beautiful,' Mrs Bush said. 'And she's very happy in Alaska, and I hope she'll stay there.'

Palin, who has earned thousands on speaking tours since she and Senator John McCain lost to Barack Obama in the 2008 election, hit back at Mrs Bush and her social standing.

'I don't think the majority of Americans want to put up with the blue-bloods,' Palin said in a radio interview on the Laura Ingraham Show on Wednesday.

'With all due respect because I love the Bushes, the blue-bloods who want to pick and choose their winners instead of allowing competition.'

And if labelling North Korea an 'ally' and insulting a former First Lady wasn't enough, Palin also criticised the current First Lady and her health initiatives.

Palin claimed Michelle Obama's anti-obesity showed she 'cannot trust parents to make decisions for their own children, for their own families in what we should eat'.

The self-styled 'hockey mom' continued: 'And I know I'm going to be again criticised for bringing this up, but instead of a government thinking that they need to take over and make decisions for us according to some politician or politician's wife priorities, just leave us alone, get off our back, and allow us as individuals to exercise our own God-given rights to make our own decisions and then our country gets back on the right track.'

But while the ex-Alaskan Governor is taking past and present First Ladies, the current President laughed off suggestions that Palin could be a tough adversary in 2012.

'I don't think about Sarah Palin,' Barack Obama said in an interview with ABCís Barbara Walters.

'Obviously, Sarah Palin has a strong base of support in the Republican Party, and I respect those skills.

'But I spend most of my time right now on how I can be the best possible president.

'And my attitude has always been, from the day I started this job that if I do a good job and if I'm delivering for the American people, the politics will take care of itself.'

He added: 'If I falter and the American people are dissatisfied, then I'll have problems.'

Palin said last week that she is seriously considering a presidental bid in 2012.

And the woman dunned the 'Lipstick Pitbull' said she could beat Obama.

'I believe I could,' Palin said.

A survey released Monday showed that Obama has an 8 per cent edge over Palin if the election were held now, though 49 per cent said the President did not deserve a second term.

Palin was given a rock star welcome in Phoenix, Arizona earlier this week where she kicked off a nationwide book tour to promote her second book American by Heart: Reflections on Family, Faith and Flag.

Several hundred people waited in line to get a signed copy of the book.

Popular: Sarah Palin signing copies of her latest book at a Barnes & Noble store in Phoenix.

Some began lining up at 1am outside the Barnes & Noble bookstore for the event, which didn't start until 6pm.

The book is Palin's first since her million-selling memoir Going Rogue.

As an indication of her popularity the new book was No. 10 on Amazon.com's best-seller list.

While the book might be popular her reality show has not fared so well.

Ratings for Sarah Palin's Alaska plummeted for the show's second episode.

The show fell 40 percent on Sunday night, to three million viewers, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The premiere had attracted five million viewers, setting a ratings record for a TLC show debut.

Only 885,000 of those viewers were in the coveted 18-49 age bracket, dropping 44 per cent from last week.

Executives at TLC said they anticipated the drop with the reality show up against the American Music Awards and Sunday Night Football.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:23 AM
Right Might over Right Wrong(J. Swift) late 1600's

Re: Sarah Palin is backing North Korea.

The reason she is so big, she appeals to people who don't think.

She represents regressive policies. Who here could truly live in an America with Her Will being Done?

She like Hitler have an appeal to a desperate public who have been fed FEAR.
FEAR of this or Fear of that.

If you want something to Fear, Fear Her and her Ilk. Deep, deep down inside her are Nationalistic Ideals. One party the true party of the people, (The Palin Party)

Palin will save us from all our problems, she will let us become the Greatest Nation on Earth who care not for the World.

Palin would point to our money and say "See there, there on our Money, it would say it if God didn't say so."

Not even once thinking that we added that during the Scare of who could be a Communist Nation and added it to show the World we were not Communists.

Hitler made False truths.
Fox News makes false truths (Glenn Beck's)
All news read the talking points the Government fed them.

I could see her thinking they were a friend cause they dictate the way she wishes to.
To have Power so "Her Will be Done" Not God's.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:25 AM
Not Banned Yet

YA, this coming from an Obongo koolaide drinker,lol.
How many states in The Union Mr. Pres?? 52???????

Old 11-25-2010, 08:42 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Did some media outlet really make a story abou this????

You know, I was never a Palin fan, I didn't dislike her, just never really paid attention. Now that she scares the crap out of the left I started paying attention and I am starting to figure out why....

She is not only not dumb, she is the exact opposite. She is a down to earth, real person. She speaks with courage, with passion and from a real American stand point.

I have to kind of give kudos to the left for forcing me to listen to her..... She is slowly converting me to a fan.

- Thomas Sowell
http://www.tsowell.com/

Old 11-25-2010, 08:44 AM
Not Banned Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle View Post
Wise words. I'm sure you're right about Palin, we all slip up and misspeak. A wrong word here, a faux-pas there. North, south, their religion, my religion ...AMERICA SUCKS, ALLAH AKBA, yadda yadda yadda
Thats what he really meant

Old 11-25-2010, 09:38 AM
ɹǝpun uʍop

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleP View Post
Did some media outlet really make a story abou this????
Image that. Absolutely terrible.

Although....

I do seem to remember something a while back.... Obama misspoke about being a Christian/Muslim.... hard to remember because no one made a big deal about it....

Old 11-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Silver Member

Hehe, Sarah Palin reminds me of another political figure we used to have down here....Pauline Hanson! Big on ideas and opinions, most of which were pretty good, BUT very short on thinking and political savy.

I think most people expect their polititians to be excellent talkers and speach makers, so when they slip up, everyone jumps on them and calls them idiots. If you look to the "old" days, most polly's used to be just "people" from next door. Nowdays, they are nothing but trained party morons who can't say anything for themselves and do an excellent job reading from cue cards.

Cheers, Pokey

Old 11-25-2010, 11:24 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Slow Poke View Post
Hehe, Sarah Palin reminds me of another political figure we used to have down here....Pauline Hanson! Big on ideas and opinions, most of which were pretty good, BUT very short on thinking and political savy.

I think most people expect their polititians to be excellent talkers and speach makers, so when they slip up, everyone jumps on them and calls them idiots. If you look to the "old" days, most polly's used to be just "people" from next door. Nowdays, they are nothing but trained party morons who can't say anything for themselves and do an excellent job reading from cue cards.

Cheers, Pokey
Agree completely... Our leaders are supposed to be one of us, not a seperate class.

- Thomas Sowell

Old 11-25-2010, 11:39 AM
ɹǝpun uʍop

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleP View Post
Agree completely... Our leaders are supposed to be one of us, not a seperate class.
I agree with that in the sense that I don't like the way politicians all tend to come from an aristocracy.

On the other hand, I want my leaders to be better than me. I want them to be smarter than me, I want them to know more than me, I want them to be wittier than me, more politically savvy than me, better educated than me, have more courage than me.... Otherwise, what's the point?

Being 'of the people' is one thing, but being an idiot is another.

Old 11-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Preserve. Protect. Defend.

Kind of a ballsy thread, considering the gaffe-masters at the top of the lib ticket.

Make Your Heart As Big as Your Dreams
Is your future secured?
Do you have all the money you need?
Do you have a plan to achieve your financial goals?
Would you like to see one?
thinkdreamcreate@gmail.com
Think big. Dream big. Create a better world.

Old 11-25-2010, 12:10 PM

I wish my book sold as well as hers.

Old 11-25-2010, 12:56 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazza View Post
I agree with that in the sense that I don't like the way politicians all tend to come from an aristocracy.

On the other hand, I want my leaders to be better than me. I want them to be smarter than me, I want them to know more than me, I want them to be wittier than me, more politically savvy than me, better educated than me, have more courage than me.... Otherwise, what's the point?

Being 'of the people' is one thing, but being an idiot is another.
Well of course, it would be what represents the best of us as a perople, not how much wealth your family comes from, how much you bought of people and how appealing to the eye you are...

- Thomas Sowell

Old 11-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Right Might over Right Wrong(J. Swift) late 1600's

I have one thing to say "Hitler"

Wrote a Book.

Was convincing even hypnotic.

Held rallies with workers in Beer Halls.

Country was in turmoil.

Created a common enemy before the J E Ws and it was their own German Government which didn't represent the peoples (working classes)

Extreme Nationalism mixed with Patriotism is a strong brew to have the peoples drink.

He was Germany's Rising Star.

I could see a cable show back then would of probably been "Hitlers Bavaria" or "Hitlers World"

He'd be hunting, drinking beer, flying planes, camping out, fishing etc.
Eva she'd be cooking and cleaning and would be the Star Dancer on "Dancing with the Scum Bags"

Big Government is Bad.
Palin is Good and we should be proud to have her as President for a year or two.

In my neck of the woods we would consider her a Trader to Alaska by giving up Her Post after she vowed to be their Governor.

Can any of you call a lier a lier?

"Tell a lie often enough it becomes a truth"