report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2010, 03:23 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Is not a scam!!

Dhgate is like Ebay, *****slist or Ioffer.
This are vendors usually from China, India, ect.
90% of the time they sell replica products. bags, watches,shoes,clothing accesories computer items, ipods.
Some are excellent quality. But you have to look.

If you want to pay more and get the real items dont shop on dhgate, go to your local Saks Fifth Ave and get your genuine items there.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:34 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Selling on eBay/ DHGate & Beltal SCAM !!!

Complete scam!!! $1,200+ shipping for a 30 bucks item????
Ridiculous!
And that lady who posted about a wedding dress that she bought is a scam artist as well; I've seen her "review" on every site calling out Beltal.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:16 AM
Newbie Member

the ***** sellers union has the same dropship list as eveyone else and you can get a website anywhere. save your money, they seem to be more in webhosting business then dropshipping

Old 07-30-2010, 06:15 AM
Newbie Member

I dealt with DHGate. Did get ALL MY MONEY BACK, after a long, big head ache..YES!!! DO NOT DEAL WITH.

Old 11-21-2010, 04:05 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: DHGate not secure!!!

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums.

First I would like to thank all forums like this... we considered purchasing from several Chinese companies, but after much research (on forums like Scam.com), we've learned it is not safe to deal with Chinese companies unless you personally investigate them (or hire an agent to investigate).

Before research, we were considering multiple $1000+ offers. So you people have saved us much grief. Thank you so much, keep up the good work!!!

So I've been thinking an escrow-like service such as DHgate would be a good solution (outside personally visiting China). They've been around for several years and seem ligitimate, but I've noticed some problems after registering as member.

1. They send an email after sign-up to confirm your identity. Now this is normal practice these days, but usually the email will have a confirmation number or a link you can click to verify your email... but the email they sent has neither!! They keep sending me emails to confirm my registration but it is not clear how... ideas?

2. Like many on-line services, DHgate has a "profile" page to update your personal information like address, phone number, etc... but it is not a secure web page (only standard http...). So I tried to access the page by secure connection (https) but it just goes back to un-secure connection... The funny thing (or not) is the profile page says
Your information is highly secured..
I don't understand how an online service can be active for years and yet totally mess this up!

When I try to find geographic location of 124.42.15.198 (from ping dhgate.com) all I get is "location unknown" So I am thinking they are not in North America or Europe. Wouldn't suprise me if they are some company out of China itself. Any ideas?

Edit
Using another look-up tool, I found the following info:
CountryID: 236
RegionID: 4274
Region: T'ai-pei
CityID: 6744
City: Taipei
Location Code: TWTPTAIP
Certainty: 65
Latitude: 25.0170
Longitude: 121.4500
TimeZone: +08:00
Is proxy: FALSE
Capital City: Taipei
CIA Map Reference: Southeast Asia

Two things to note. First, they are not in China but in Taiwan (probably). Second, the 'certainty' is only 65% so I guess they could be someplace else...

Last edited by hydrophilic : 11-21-2010 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Found Location!

Old 02-16-2011, 02:41 PM
I am new at Scam.com

DHgate.com Scam

Dhgate isn't a scam site. But, when they offer sellers that sell products on their site, and their advertisers lie about what they are selling, when DHGate posts that item under gauranteed, that makes them just as responsible for the scam as the seller.

I bought (2) iphone 4 1:1 clones from this seller named Baby-face, on Dhgate.com . The brand of the phone was the i4gs+, and there are similar chinese phones out there that claim to be clones as well. I sent the seller a couple of messages asking about the phone. He told me that they were 1:1 copies of the Apple iphone 4. He stated that it was also the best phone that i4gs had to offer, which was a complete lie. The best one has the capacitive tough screen like the iphone, with good resolution, and all of the same features. He also stated that these phones were brand new.

Well, I ordered them, and I received them nearly 2.5 weeks later. They were either used and cleaned, or refurbished, because they had somebody elses data entered into them. I was supposed to get one white phone, and one black. The 4G didn't work, nor did 3G. Only cellular data which is slower than the worst american sold phone. The functions looked close, but half of them didn't work. The wifi didnt work even 2 feet away from my wireless router, on both phones. The only functions that worked in english were the sound recorder , text messages, and the telephone calls. You couldnt use speakerphone, because unless there are headphones plugged in sound doesnt even come out.

They are complete garbage. The site offers to hold the money for gauranteed items like this, and when the buyer receives the item, and it is up to their expectation, they can click a button on DHGATE to release the payment to the seller, or dispute, and request a refund.

Well, I did this, and even offered to pay to ship the item back. The seller sent me a message saying he will not return the item, and offered me $30.02 back for the phones I paid $218 dollars for. He told me that he would do that and give me good deals on my next purchases.. Yeah, fat chance of that ever happening.... Man was I scammed.

There is a link in his message that says "escalate dispute to dhgate" I clicked it, and the link is broken. I have sent Dhgate several emails requesting help with this matter, and even told them if this isn't resolved, I will post this message , here on Scam.com. I got no reply. And no reply from the seller either, telling him I need his address to send this crap back to him, after I am refunded.

I told them I did not want to resort to this, because there are good sellers there that actually want to do good business with the internet world, but I am not getting a refund as I requested. I told them that if I get a refund, I will not post this. They will have 48 hours now to refund me, or this message will become permanent.

This is the worst scam that has happened to me.. Worst part is, you think dhgate would actually try to protect it's customers, like Ebay would..

Thoroughly Disgusted,
Marc Belanger

Old 02-28-2011, 06:25 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: DHgate.com Scam

Hi I agree with "Wendyw"

DH gate.com is not scam
can you get ripped off from dhgate hell yeah :)
can you get ripped off from ebay hell hell yeah :)

I been customer of DH gate.com for long time I been customer and seller of eBay too.

What you guys need to do is read more all the stuff that you buy from dhgate is not original its fake and they do tell you its fake thats why you get the stuff for a buck..

I spend over $2000 on dhgate stuff
only one time got ripped off but that happens on every site just like eBay been ripped off there too.

So if you buy from DHgate.com and you didn't get the item do disput with them and you'll get the money back
"and do not wait a month to do that they will tell you otherwise that means scamer and do not buy from persion that does not have feedback" "read thats all you got to do dont just buy and think everything is ok" and and and do not use Western Union because you will lose that money :)

OH yeah and
Dont sell on ebay the items and then buy from dhgate and think that the customer of yours will get that item...

Do you know why ???!!!

Well like I said up ^ there all the items are FAKE which means you have
USA Customs :) and they will I mean they WILLL take your item away and you will not see that item nore the money.. :) it happened to me :)
"it only heppens sometimes if you are a lucky guy" it happend to me twice I think..

So the DHgate really does not work as Dropshipping as the other sites
like DOBA.com

Doba.com is good site if you wanna lose the money :)
meaning whatever they have for sale on there site is more money than you can find on eBay. :)
I was member of that site waist of money :)

Let you know more if I remember

Old 09-13-2011, 08:27 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I looked at DHgate for a long time and almost buy my dress from them,I gave up my thought after read so many negative reviews though I think DHgate have professional and beautiful website.I finally bought my dress from perfectweddingforever.com which recommended by my friend, it looks very nice and well made!

Besides me,I do know quite a few people that have ordered from china manufacturers like perfectweddingforever,lightinthebox for their wedding dresses and have got them come and were very satisfied. Most do advertise that its a designer replica and not the actual brand. Now it does take 4-8 weeks to get it in most cases as thy have to custom make it and then send it. I also know a girl that went to a local seamstress got measurements of all 5 of her girls and sent it and just got all their dresses come last week with no complaints. But again it all depends on you and what you want. If you want the fanciness at a fraction of the cost then go for it ..if money isnt an option for you then maybe not.

Old 10-28-2011, 05:40 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I made several purchases from DHgate, and learned the hard way also. DHgate sells alot of Brand Name merchandise such as Windows XP Professional, Tiffany & Co., etc. All of these products are counterfeit. The funny thing is, PayPal allows you to purchase these items even though they are 100% counterfeit. Never purchase Brand Name merchandise from DHgate and attempt to resell it. You could very likely end up in jail. DHgate ensures it's buyers that these products (Windows XP Professional, and Tiffany & Co.) are authentic. These are 100% lies. It's amazing that PayPal could endorse the purchase of these products knowing that they are counterfeit. I made several purchases of Brand Name merchandise from DHgate and had to physically destroy them all. I took a hammer to the Tiffany & Co. J E Wellery and broke all the Windows XP Professional CD's. Better to destroy the merchandise than be arrested for counterfeiting. Never try to resell these products to anyone because you will put yourself in great risk. The only ones making money on this counterfeit type merchandise is PayPal. On top of all this, it is YOU that will be reported for attempting to resell counterfeit merchandise while others make lots-o-money off of YOU.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:37 AM
Newbie Member

DO NOT BUY FROM DHgate!!! They work with their sellers to scam buyers. I just post up my story in this site to warn buyers to avoid scam by DHgate, and their seller just like "rtexport".

Old 12-20-2011, 05:42 AM
Newbie Member

"rtexport" in DHgate scam and lie

I learn a lesson:

I've bought two suppose brand new faucets from a seller "rtexport" in DHgate. But "rtexport" sent me two Used/Damaged faucets with wrong size connectors. I complaint to DHgate immediately. Seller pretended agreed to send me replacement parts, and DHhagte, without my consent, released all my money to this seller "rtexport".

After four months negotiation with no solution, I put a Negative feedback on this seller "rtexport". "rtexport" then contacted me saying if I revised my feedback to Positive, he'll send me all the replacement parts. So I did so. But this "rtexport" never send me anything since then. I sent him lots of messageS to request for those parts, he ignored me and send me nothing after I revised feedback to positive.

Now I have two Used/Damaged/Wrong faucets on hand cannot use. This "rtexport" is a shameless liar. He also uses the same name "rtexport" in "AliExpress Online Wholesale" site to scam buyers. Be aware NOT TO BUY from this seller "rtexport" to avoid losing money. Also DHgate only work with his sellers to scam buyers.

Spread this message out to protect potential customers.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:33 AM
Newbie Member

It's rather strange how dhgate.com makes it to the top of the search engines due to the amount of counterfeiting that happens with this site. Top counterfeiting items are Tiffany and Co., high dollar watches, diamond J E Welry, ipods, microsoft windows software, golf clubs - ANYTHING BRAND NAME. It seems Ralph Lauren is/was the only item to pass through as legitimate. The sellers ALL claim "Authentic", yet nothing brand name is authentic; it is actually counterfeit. As the old saying goes "if it seems to good to be true it usually is". I would say NEVER buy anything from DHGATE that is labeled brand name (Tiffany & Co., etc.). These are all counterfeit. Paypal allows the purchase, however, you can buy, but you cannot sell. So, if you plan on buying 10 .925 Sterling Silver Tiffany & Co. rings, plan on keeping them because they are counterfeit. I fell into the same trap - Microsoft Windows XP ~$20/disk advertised as "Authentic" with "Authentic" activation codes. None were "Authentic". None passed Microsofts authentity verification tests. The disks were ALL counterfeit. Same with Tiffany & Co., ALL counterfeit. Best rule for DHGATE is to purchase NOTHING that carries a brand name unless you want to get involved in counterfeiting and risk a jail sentence. DHGATE is a money maker for everyone except the buyer.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:50 AM
Newbie Member

Buy the way, I am one person who destroyed (with a hammer) all the counterfeit merchandise I purchased from DHGATE (once I learned it was counterfeit). Watch out for those allowing transactions with DHGATE. Not even Western Union wants to send money to China - and Western Union is even advertised as risky.

Last edited by wpscammed : 12-26-2011 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Grammer

Old 01-02-2012, 09:00 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpscammed View Post
Buy the way, I am one person who destroyed (with a hammer) all the counterfeit merchandise I purchased from DHGATE (once I learned it was counterfeit). Watch out for those allowing transactions with DHGATE. Not even Western Union wants to send money to China - and Western Union is even advertised as risky.

Don't talk about Counterfeit, I just want to purchase two NEW unbranded Sink Faucets, after almost two months, seller "rtexport" of "DHgate" sent me two USED/DAMAGED faucets. These faucets are looked older than my existing 15 years old faucets. I contacted DHgate and this shameless seller for dispute, now is already six months, they did not doing anything at all, but just took all my money and start blocking my message to the seller. So DO NOT BUY FROM seller "rtexport", who is selling is DHGATE.COM and ALIEXPRESS.COM.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Newbie Member

I think that false advertising counterfeit items would be considered a scam, at least in the United States. Since my former comments included doing business with China I would like to make another comment. DHgate sells Brand Name products along with (many) Unbranded Merchandise. Unbranded merchandise is legal for resale if that is what you are into. Unbranded merchandise would include products that do not carry a copyright or trademark. Microsoft and Tiffany & Co. are clearly Branded Merchandise; so is Samsung, Nokia, and Sony to name a few. If you allow yourself to get caught up in the purchase of branded merchandise from DHgate, you will likely loose your money. You may also get in trouble for counterfeiting if you attempt to resell DHgate's "branded" merchandise. It should be obvious that DHgate is looking to sell in wholesale lots. It follows that you are at risk of loosing lots of money purchasing Brand Name merchandise from DHgate.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Newbie Member

Re: http://www.dhgate.com legitimacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
hi
i need to check http://www.dhgate.com
legitimacy
are they a real escrow site?
they say they accept western union but on https://www.escrow.com/index.asp
they state:
Escrow.com does NOT accept payment through Western Union or Money Gram.

and when i tried to buy from this link:
http://www.dhgate.com/p_ff8080811830...4aea751b3.html

they gave me 2 choices : western union or bank transfer ,so i chose bank transfer and i ended up with the attached image

please advice

best regards

DO NOT TRUST DHgate.com. They only work with their sellers to scam buyers. They said they will hold your money until you're received/satisfied with the items that you received, In fact, as soon as their sellers told them they have shipped the items, your money already gone !!

I bought two suppose new faucets from their seller "rtexport", but I received two USED/DAMAGED faucets. I complaint to DHgate.com in time, but still, all my money released to seller "rtexport".

Do Not buy from DHgate. Do Not buy from a seller name "rtexport". This shameless liar "rtexport" not only scamming buyers in DHgate, but also in other websites too. Be Careful!

Old 03-20-2012, 05:12 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Do not buy from Seller Peonyliu.LTD (Peonyliu). I ordered a 250$ Gemei G9 tablet and received a cheap unsusable knock off. He refuses to refund.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Banned

I don't suggest you to buy brand name product from Dhgate, all the brand product is replica