report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Business Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
View Poll Results: What "Urban Nutrition" Experience Happened To You?
Did Not Know that Autoship was a part of the "Free Trial"? 0 0%
Trouble Cancelling Order? 0 0%
Billed for Products After I Returned Them? 0 0%
Not Satisfied with Quality or Claims of Products? 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Newbie Member

red flags with a guy I met

I just moved to Naples Florida, so naturally I'm looking for work, and having an IT background I'm up for getting back into that.

So my friend and I are at a bar, and this guy calling himself Oliver starts talking to me, going on a lot about himself and exhibiting considerable ego as he brags himself up, but gosh, he doesn't seem to know IT in an real depth, although he's telling me how easy it is to get into it and BS your way into jobs installing networks and systems.

A week later we run into him at the same place, and he is even more impressed with himself, and gives me a stack of stuff he's had printed up advertising his "business" telling me he has his own corporation, and gives me his business cards to pass out also, telling me that all the business he gets from me passing them out he will pay me for.

He also says he'll recover my crashed hard drives for free.

I asked him why his name was not on his business cards, and he said his name is Tech... just Tech. No email address on the cards, so I ask him to write it down for me, and it's

guardianopps@gmail.com

Okay, so big red flag, why does someone who owns a corporation use anonymous webmail? And why is his name not even on his business card?

Well..... I google that email address, and it comes up with two c-list ads for picking up used computers for recycling that have been flagged for removal, and the google results have the same phone number on the business cards he gave me.

I'm seeing a lot of red flags going up with this guy, and he sure is full of himself. He also doesn't seem to know a lot about what he's talking about with regard to IT, just smoke and mirrors, combined with a lot of bragging and fast talk.

I think the guy is a con man and a real shady operator that I don't want to get involved with.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:56 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Mark Schroeder & Co, CA Landscaping Rip-off

Marc Schroeder & Co is Landscaping Company Located in San Diego, California, License #502561(www.schroco.com). Sandra Grow has been Manager, Bookkeeper and the Officer of Marc Schroeder & Co. Mark Schroeder and his employees have been involved in numerous Fraudulent Acts against Homeowners. One of the latest cases, they contracted to install swimming pool at the residence and after claiming impossibility to do so, Marc Schroeder and Co, removed swimming pool from installation plan but not only still charging the owner for swimming pool installation but increase the contract cost by 20% of the contract cost! Mark Schroeder is under CSLB investigation at the present time. You can check the status of Marc Schroeder & Co at https://www2.cslb.ca.gov/OnlineServic...
By their license number -- 502561, or by company's name - MARK SCHROEDER & CO INC, or by personal name - GROW, SANDRA GAIL.
Once you get to the record please go down to the section - Additional Status, and click on "Complaint Disclosure" link.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:27 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Everdrive

My wife's aunt hooked me up with one of her friends, who in turn hooked me up with some representative guy for a company named "Everdrive". Long story short, my dealings with all three of them (aunt-in-law, aunt's friend, company rep) have been shadey (I can elaborate if interested). I don't find a discussion of this company in an entire forum search for "everdrive" nor "ever drive". So, does anyone know if they are a scam or legit. I will most likely forgoe their product; I have decided to deal with Hanlon Motorsports instead. I am still curious, though.

Last edited by turin : 10-15-2010 at 12:30 PM.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:58 PM
I am new at Scam.com

sourcing in China-a buying agent say

China is such a great source for a wide range of commodities with low cost, but for many buyers, the problem is that so many suppliers make them puzzled, some are with good quality, some not, some are real manufacturers, some even donít exist. I believe that most buyers have learned some basic tips to verify qualified suppliers, here I just want to introduce a few examples of potential risks I experienced myself.
Iím a Chinese guy, used to work for a mid-east trading company headquartered out of China, the company buy many kinds of commodities from China, like furniture, motorcycle, e-bike, home appliances, electronics , blanket etc. This way, I had chance to travel many places, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Yiwu, Hangzhou------to visit those factories or markets in person, everywhere I went, I took pictures of products and factories and sent to the overseas office by mails, also I gave my own opinions about the suppliers as a reference for the head quarterís decision-making.
Many buyers from out of China only know something about their suppliers through internet, and canít evaluate in person, which increase the risk of their business.
Itís not that I always have to do travel thing, travels only took a small proportion of my job. I used to look into the suppliers through their sites(English and Chinese) first, Sometimes, only a look at the supplierís website, you can tell that if itís cheating or not, like some addresses do not really exist, etc. There are also some bad guys who are using other companiesí websites, in this case, Iíll call for a verification. Also, in some well-known B2B websites, there are some bad guys doing cheating thing, even they are with gold membership.
For example, one time in 2008, one of my colleagues in the headquarter wanted to buy some computers and parts, she chose by herself a supplier located in Beijing, and transferred about USD 20,000 to them, she waited some days and then urged the supplier for delivery, but to her horror, the supplier delayed time after time, just would not send goods. At last, my boss sent me to Beijing to try to get the money back.
When I got there following the address on their site(they are a gold member of a famous B2B website), to my big surprise, itís only one of a hotelís rooms, thereís definitely no such a company. So I phoned them but the phoneís closed.
I called the police, but they would not take care cos itís a trans-national fraud as they said, I tried hard for 2-3 days, frotunately got about 80% of money back finally. so exhausted.
Another potential risk is about the supplierís reputation, you require them to use good materials and even check the sample carefully for that. Yes, thereís no problem about the sample, but they could change poor materials after you place a big order.
Take my story for an example, the company ordered 60 units of steam ovens from a factory in Guangdong in 2007. I was sent there for negotiations and inspection. The price is good, we required that the ovens must be made of 0.8mm thick Japan or Korea made stainless steel, but the factory changed it into 0.6mm thick China made stainless steel. I found out and demanded them to change back, first they found a lot of excuses to explain that the materials were ok, I sent one piece of materials to SGS for inspection in person, it proved that they did cheat, to this step, they have to put it right.
For one thing, bad guys are only a part of all suppliers, thereíre many good suppliers in China. But sometimes the bad ones do make small or big harms to overseas buyers.
Therefore, Iíd like to give a few suggestions to those buyers who are sourcing or plan to source from China but without an office in China, just for reference.
1. Pay a business visit to the supplier in person as far as possible, seeing is believing, it deserves if you want a long and pleasant cooperation, especially for some big and important orders;
2. If you are not available, then try to find one Chinese friend you can trust on to act on your behalf in China, you can have him/her as your representative.
3. If your business scale really big, and your demands are very diversified, then establish a sourcing office in China could be a good idea, thisíll be convenient for travel and management.

Sure, there are many other stories about my work , Iíll write some other posts in the future, hope this post to be of a little help to you.

Old 10-16-2010, 06:45 PM
I am new at Scam.com

great!

Ive been so long looking for a great community. I can't wait to find new friends.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:39 AM
I am new at Scam.com

scary facts

American workers - whose taxes pay for massive government health programs - are getting squeezed like no other group by private health insurance premiums that are rising much faster than their wages.

While just about all retirees are covered, and nearly 90 percent of children have health insurance, workers now are at significantly higher risk of being uninsured than in the 1990s, the last time lawmakers attempted a healthcare overhaul, according to a study to be released today.

The study for the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation found that nearly 1 in 5 workers is uninsured, a statistically significant increase from fewer than 1 in 7 during the mid-1990s.

The problem is cost. Total premiums for employer plans have risen six to eight times faster than wages, depending on whether individual or family coverage is chose, the study found.

"The thing I think is interesting is how many workers are newly uninsured," said Lynn Blewett, director of the State Health Access Data Assistance Center at the University of Minnesota, which conducted the research.

"In the last couple of years we've seen a deterioration of private health insurance."

About 20.7 million workers were uninsured in the mid-1990s.

A decade later, it was 26.9 million, an increase of about 6 million, the study found.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:11 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Affordable Tires Scam 2557 valley street riversid

Affordable Tires Scam 2557 valley street riverside oh 45404

U decide if I got scammed or not by Affordable Tires

Affordable Tires 2557 valley street riverside oh 45404 . I saw Affordable tires listing on *****slist. I drove to their shop and ask if they had a set of 4 used tires 235 75r15. They did not have a set of 4 matching tires but they did have sets of 2 matching tires. They suggested I could put 2 matching tires on the front and 2 matching tires on the back. The front and back tires would not match each other.
I told the sales man I could get a set of 4 matching tires out the door on Monday for $140. That prices included every thing. He agreed to that prices. I found a set of tires for the front and told the sales man to find a set of matching back tires that had similar tread to the front tires. I paid for the tires with out seeing the back set. I helped roll my old tires into their shop where they mount tires. As I tried to see the tires they got me for the back the one worker kind of hustled me out of the shop and started telling me there is a $3 disposal fee. So now they added an extra fee. So I paid the extra fee. Then when I got the tires the back set of tires did not match. When I ask about this I got all kinds of excuses. I took my tires and left not a happy customer.
So what I got was this. 2 very nice front tires. One good back tire and one fair back tire that did not match. The treads did not match. Plus an ex $12 fee.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:24 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Watch Out For Sherri Reitz from Dubois, Pa

Sherri duped me into sending her $300.00 via Western Union under the pretense that she was going to drive her car from Dubois, Pa to Houston, Texas to visit me. After she got the money, a supposedly friend of hers called to say that she was beaten and robbed after getting her money from Western Union and had just gotten out of the Hospital. The friend would not give the name of the Hospital, so I could verify her story. I met Sherri on Sugar Daddy for Me. Her profile on SDFM is dadsgift.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:08 PM
I am new at Scam.com

john's custom paint and body Dallas TX

I Howard Atkinson have informed the Better [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Business[/color][/color]
Bureau (BBB) Case #91155781 about Mr. John Durant and Michael Wren (THEY
BOTH HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH FORGERY, ARMED ROBBERY, EVEN FRAUD AS WELL
AS MINOR INFRACTIONS) of John's Custom Paint and Body., located in
Dallas at multiple locations at "2621 Royal Ln, Dallas TX 75229, 12444 E
Northwest Hwy, Dallas TX 75228, 3015 S Garland Ave, Garland TX 75041 as
well as California ([COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]research[/color][/color] his name in that state)., as well as 11818
E Northwest Hwy Dallas, TX 75218., I have stated to the Better [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Business[/color][/color] Bureau(BBB) that i
took my vehicle to this body shop after i got into a car wreck i had
insurance it wasn't my fault for the accident. the insurance
co.(progressive) gave him a check and he didn't complete the work that
was stated in the estimate, my first mistake was not knowing that i had
to get and estimate from the shop prior to the insurance co. writing
theirs' and he took full advantage of that and [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]my [COLOR=blue !important]vehicle[/color][/color][/color]
is in bad shape, i informed the insurance co but they said that i chose
the shop, its my doing and they cant help me. John's Custom Paint and
Body then responded to the BBB that:

1).The vehicle in question, a 2005 [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Mitsubishi[/color][/color]
was repaired per the specifications made by the insurance company
[COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Progressive[/color][/color] per their estimate request made on 6/16/2010. 2).All repairs
were made per the request. 3).The damages were assessed by Lindsey
Mcnutt the Progressive representative. She can be contacted at (((redacted))). 3).The owner ( Howard Atkinson ) came
out and pulled a gun on one of my workers in front of the claims
adjuster. 4.)A second incident occured when the owner got someone to
steal the vehicle without paying for it and that person wrecked car but
got away and that 4). The incident was recorded as case #223568x with
the Dallas Police Department on 8/09/2010. The Dallas Police Department
is now looking for that person and the vehicle.

Thank you for your assistance in regards to this matter.

Respectfully,

John Durant
General [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Manager[/color][/color]
John Custom Paint and Body

I then informed the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Better [COLOR=blue !important]Business [/color][COLOR=blue !important]Bureau[/color][/color][/color] (BBB) that:

The
vehicle was not repaired per the insurance specifications which is why
the Insurance Claims Adjuster went out to the shop to [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]take [COLOR=blue !important]pictures[/color][/color][/color] of
my unrepaired vehicle on 07/01, nearly 3 weeks after the vehicle has
been brought into John's Custom Body Shop (06/11). I pulled my gun,
registered under my name, in self-defense, as one of Mr. Durant's
employees came up to me, while I was inside my vehicle, and made
[COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]physical [COLOR=blue !important]threats[/color][/color][/color], as well as another employee trying to open my
passenger door, as I was leaving. The rest of his employees, then chased
after me after I left, and I struggled to find a police station and
came across a policeman's house instead and he can attest to them
chasing me, as we both pulled up to his house. His name is Lt. James
Foster, and his number is 214-749-5906. After the incident, I called Mr.
Durant who stated to me that he will not give me any receipt of any
work done on my vehicle, nor will he accept any other form of payment
but in his own words, "cold, hard, cash." He also stated that he will
sabotage my [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]car[/color][/color],
which he did. After retrieving my car from him, he reported it stolen,
so I had to go downtown and tell the police that I am the owner of the
car after I got pulled over. The police who helped me said that he
indeed filed a false claim, her name is Detective Sparks from the Dallas
Police Department, and she may be reached at 214-671-3537. My car now
does not have AC, fuses are spliced, and I have an estimate of the
damages he has done to my car intentionally from the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Mitsubishi [COLOR=blue !important]dealership[/color][/color][/color],
which amounts to over $2000 ( I can fax this as well). My family now
suffers from the heat of the Texas sun, which he is responsible for.
Personal belongings of his as well as his relatives were also found in
my car, including a fake license plate, an A/C repair guy's [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]business [COLOR=blue !important]card[/color][/color][/color],
an apartment application, which prove that he had been driving my car
while it was in his shop. He also drove my car on the tollway on 07/23,
which I got the bill for, while the car is supposed to be in his shop
being repaired. My personal belongings were also no longer in [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]my [COLOR=blue !important]car[/color][/color][/color], including paperwork containing sensitive information, and are in his current possession.

The Better Business Bureau(BBB) then concluded that:

Complaint ID#: 91155781
[COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Business [COLOR=blue !important]Name[/color][/color][/color]: Johns Custom Paint and Body

The
Better [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Business[/color][/color] Bureau has received your Customer Response and has
noted that you remain dissatisfied after the company's formal answer to
your complaint. Our conciliatory attempt of having the two parties
arrive at a mutually acceptable agreement to the dispute was not
successful. Because the company is not an Accredited [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Business[/color][/color] of the
BBB, there are no other options available at this time to help bring
about resolution between the parties. Because the issues remain
disputed, we are closing the case under the heading of Administratively
Closed.

If you wish to pursue this matter further, you may pursue these options.

1. You may be able to sue in the Justice of the Peace county courts, commonly referred to as [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Small [COLOR=blue !important]Claims[/color][/color][/color]
court. You will need to determine the county in which the company is
located and call the county seat for more information. Or, check one of
the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]online [COLOR=blue !important]search [/color][COLOR=blue !important]engines[/color][/color][/color] to see if your county has a web site, which
may provide helpful information on how to file a suit.

2. You may consider [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]hiring [COLOR=blue !important]an [/color][COLOR=blue !important]attorney[/color][/color][/color]
to assist you. If you do not have an [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]attorney[/color][/color], you can call the Dallas
Bar Association Referral Service at 214-220-7444 for assistance.

If the company requires a state license from a state agency, you may be
able to file a complaint with that agency. If you do not know if a [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]business[/color][/color]
requires a license, you can access the State of Texas web site State
Agency link at http://www2.tsl.state.tx.us/trail/agencies.jsp to
inquire.

You can view the details of this complaint at the following internet site:

http://dallas.app.bbb.org/complaint/...55781/c/pli74g

Sincerely,

BBB Complaint Department

I really need help from any form of legal entity etc...

Old 10-24-2010, 07:26 PM
Emily Dorsett

Next Generation Entertainment LLC / Big Poppa

Next Generation Entertainment LLC / Big Poppa Entertainment - Emily Dorsett is trying to put together a boy band (Uptown Boys) for the federally indited Lou Pearlman who is currently serving 25 years in a federal prison in Texas for a ripping off 400 million dollars of investors money.

HERE IS THE SCAM: First you audition for Emily Dorsett if she likes you and thinks that you could be in the boy band Uptown Boys she ask you to interview in front of Lou Pearlman. However, you have to fly to the federal prison in Texas where he is locked up and sign a federal document stating that you knew Lou Pearlman prior to his incarceration. Now if you actually didn't know him before he was incarcerated you have to lie on a federal form which could someday comeback to haunt you.

I don't think that this Boyband will ever materialize because the Judge who sentenced Pearlmen offered to take off one month of jail time for every million dollars that he returned. So if this Boyband ever makes a penny the court will take.

Last edited by Emily Dorsett : 10-24-2010 at 07:39 PM.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:59 AM
Silver Member

Ppi Claims Now Frozen By Banks

LOVE IT

Con job claims companies will get the bullet yet again.

Brilliant!

Old 10-27-2010, 05:08 PM
I am new at Scam.com

New Blog that is out there

Just wanted to get the word out on my new blog. The blog is about scams, and crime prevention. Please visit and see what you think. I plan on updating it as often as possible. Any ideas for future topics would also be appreciated. I am a seventeen year law enforcement veteran so I'd like to think I know a little about what I am talking about.

The blog is a link was here

Thanks

Last edited by Meri Widow : 10-27-2010 at 05:14 PM. Reason: personal links, even for great blogs, go in siggy line

Old 11-01-2010, 06:09 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Bionic Band Scam - New

I guess not too many people have heard of this one. I'm trying to expose the creeps as much as possible. The guy at the mall tried to sell me one of the rubber bands for $30. It's all trickery and this YouTube video exposes the scam. Watch this video first and then watch the people trying to sell this on other videos. What a shame. You can find many other videos on YouTube of the people trying to sell these.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE3JqfN_HVs

Last edited by scamexpose7 : 11-01-2010 at 06:16 PM.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:35 AM
I am new at Scam.com

financialdirection.net is a SCAM

financialdirection.net is a company that has me listed dozens of times in internet searches as a contact for a company that I have never worked for, and that has been out of business for at least 5 years, and is not related to my occupation.
- financialdirection.net lists my phone number and address.

I get phone calls from people all day long looking for this company.

I have tried dozens of times to contact the company but they do not accept any kind of feedback from emails, internet contacts, or phone correspondence.

Do NOT associate yourself with this company. Financial Direction is a scam.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:34 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Firstcom Singapore

if you dont want ot be charged huge amount of money at singapore airport for a 5 minute call like i did then dont use ther phones there.

I used a phone for a 3 minute international call there on a firstcom phone and it cost me $40+ unbelievable.

i tried to contact this company head office in Singapore but could not speak with the director as she would not come to the phone no surprise there.

Any way i did further checks at the singapore comapny board and her name is Christina Chua so you to have any huge bills from such a company there you know whom to contact !!

Old 11-05-2010, 03:22 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Animal rescue scam

www.fourpawsandtailrescue.org* is a lady named Beverly l gambel who lives in de but. Posts adds on *****slist in several different states adopts tons of animals and then rehomes them with a 100.00 fee and makes a ton of money selling other peoples pets from her house . Let others know they are poorly fed and nothing more then profit to this lady.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:02 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Oxford College ODL

Don't study with Oxford College ODL, England. Why? They are fraudsters who charge extra for bound home learning courses; that are ridden with typos by the 1000's that distract you. The online exam duplicates questions and uses language and content that has nothing to do with the subject being studied! The Professional Diploma is NOT awarded, instead one receives a "Diploma". Some of the online questions are NOT based on the course material. In short DON'T waste your money on home studying; do the real thing and attend a local adult education college.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:56 PM
Newbie Member

Anyone Living in Florida

Hi

Is could anyone living in Florida looking at this site. Could you help me please.

I went on holidays to Florida and ended up getting sucked into a timeshare from Westgate Resorts.

I wish I never got into this but I do not know how to get advice from anyone in Florida can anyone help?

many thanks

AM