report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Investment Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2009, 04:46 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Seisma Research LLC - Big Scam !!!

Anyone who has invested with Seisma and have already realised it's a scam is welcome to share here

Old 10-27-2009, 05:04 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Seisma Research LLC - Big Scam !!!

Let me share my story

More than a year ago, I invested with this company called Seisma Research LLC (www.seismaresearch.com) - they claimed to offer investments in oil and gas wells - basically, the deal is that you buy a fraction of a well which will then give you dividends when it starts producing

The sales people from this company are usually very aggressive - I started invested a few thousand dollars and have later been tricked into investing substantially more

Most of the people that have contacted me have disappeared, untraceable

Once you've invested, their most common tactics is to tell you that a 'buyer' is willing to buy over your investment for a decent return (and here comes the catch), provided you invest more, promising a quick return on investment (usually in a matter of weeks) - and once you've fallen into the trap, they will most likely tell you that the deal did not go through

Check this out:
http://www.scamfraudalert.com/?p=1305
http://hubpages.com/hub/Non-US-citiz...l-Gas-Reserves

For those of you who have been contacted by them,

DO NOT INVEST A SINGLE PENNY !!!

You will not get anything out of it - these pricks will tell you anything to get your money - these are some of their representatives I've dealt with;

- Peter Sommers
- Nigel Bond
- Victor Hedley
- Adam Green
- James Lemay

The so called owner of the company , Justin Solomon does not have much credibility either

This company used to have an office in Florida but have now moved to Aruba and Sharjah (UAE) to avoid the US authorities

For those of you who have been conned, please share

We can form an alliance and get back at them ! These people are not just robbing people in broad daylight but they are also destroying lives

All my dreams have been destroyed by this company

Old 11-05-2009, 05:25 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Is there any way to recover money from companies like Seisma?

Are they a straight forward boiler room scam, or do they simply target naive investors who can be persuaded to pay for shares at inflated prices, thus establishing a pyramid scheme where the company's risk is covered by those they have exploited?

I think I may have been a victim of a scam by a different company, but many of the features on the website seem similar:

- Lots of information to give the impression of legitimacy, without any meaningful details about the projects or the people running the company - no photos of the executives, no company history.

- Exaggerated claims about partnerships with drilling companies and chambers of commerce.

- Obscure company locations: Panama, Aruba, and other off-shore tax havens.

- False claims that they have had coverage from major TV news channels

Old 11-10-2009, 01:45 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi, I've put 7000 USD in March.
Obviously nothing going on and I've been contacted again and again and again to invest more and recently to pay 5000 USD to sell my stocks at double price.
Any clarification question got very well prepared answers.
Seisma is scam, who is in the same situation?
How can we join together and got our money back?
I'm in Dubai and Seisma apparently have new office in Sharjah, 30 minutes from here.
In UAE, law is tough and any little criminal activity is persecuted with jail in a minute. Unfortunately I sent my money to USA, where a company like SEISMA needs ages to be stopped.
Let's join together and got our money back.
Right? Any advice?

Old 11-15-2009, 06:15 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Dear Dubai

Contact the bank where you sent the money and tell them that you believe that this is a scam refer them to scamfraud alert blog and ask them whether they want there bank associated with them and contact the Dubai authorities to say this is a con look at the bad press show them the contract you signed. In the participartion agreeemnt has it got a clause that they can require monies with 48 hours notice or otherwise lose your total investment, this will happen and then ensure you tell every one about them, it is a con you will never see a penny, I am in the same boat.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:15 AM
I am new at Scam.com

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH SEISMA. I HAVE LOST $7000 OVER 12 MOTNHS AGO AND KEPT GETTING PROMISES OF DIVIDENDS. LAST WEEK THEY WANTED ANOTHER 10% OR i LOSE MY ORIGINAL INVESTMENT. NOT ONE OF THEIR OIL RIG INVESDTMENTS HAS PAID A CENT. BE WARNED

Old 12-05-2009, 10:14 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by weu6171 View Post
Anyone who has invested with Seisma and have already realised it's a scam is welcome to share here
My wife and I took a long trail to get to Seisma, Our first point of contact was via a phone call from Hydrogain technology whose CEO was one Milton Archelaos, he supposedly sold out to Future Power Industries and we received share certificates to the value of 10 to 1 in the new company. We were then contacted by Seisma and encouraged to take investments on various oil exploration projects they were running with a company called Enermax in an area in S/E Texas. We resisted their first offers and had reservations about investing. Unfortunately, we did decide to make a modest investment and to this day still receive emails from their website with progress reports on our drilling site. Like many others I would like to confront the COE Jacob Hall but as they have now moved their offices to Aruba in the Caribbean they are now that little bit more tiresome to get to, my mistake, was not calling in on them last year when I only had to make a 100 mile detour when in the area of Boco Raton Florida USA, how I wish I had taken the time out then. Only in the last 2 weeks I received a phone call telling me they, Seisma where not happy with their chosen drilling company and they had sold out their interests to a bank in New York and if I bought shares to the value of $5000 in this bank I would receive $37500 for my interests as the bank wanted to purchase all the shares. I refused to be drawn, and suffered as I had done when dealing with them previously, abuse and threats that my investment was at risk if I didn't take this oppertunity.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:57 AM
I am new at Scam.com

WOW guys, we all put some money in SEISMA, anyone have a friendly lawyer able to get our money out?
I don't know US laws but I will support the group.
As more the better.
Let's try to put together as many persons as we can find in different groups.
If there is a law in US, these criminals must be stopped!

Old 12-08-2009, 06:29 AM
I am new at Scam.com

im with you guys too, i invested quite a lot more than the figers quoted above. id love to try and get some back.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:08 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I had exactly the same experience with this company.I have invested more than 100.000 usd,and I think,that it`s all lost.I have dealed with Peter Sommers,Victor Hedley,Nigel Bond and Jacob Hall.
The last I have heard from Seisma,was an E-mail from Justin Solomon,who told,that there is nothing to worry about.I doubt!!!!!

Old 04-05-2010, 02:29 AM
I am new at Scam.com

WOW kanasta, 100k$ is a lot!
Is anyone of you based in US and knows how to take legal actions?
I tried through U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission [oiea@sec.gov] but they don't want to be involved since Seisma it's not one of their members.
Any idea?

Old 04-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Brooks View Post
My wife and I took a long trail to get to Seisma, Our first point of contact was via a phone call from Hydrogain technology whose CEO was one Milton Archelaos, he supposedly sold out to Future Power Industries and we received share certificates to the value of 10 to 1 in the new company. We were then contacted by Seisma and encouraged to take investments on various oil exploration projects they were running with a company called Enermax in an area in S/E Texas. We resisted their first offers and had reservations about investing. Unfortunately, we did decide to make a modest investment and to this day still receive emails from their website with progress reports on our drilling site. Like many others I would like to confront the COE Jacob Hall but as they have now moved their offices to Aruba in the Caribbean they are now that little bit more tiresome to get to, my mistake, was not calling in on them last year when I only had to make a 100 mile detour when in the area of Boco Raton Florida USA, how I wish I had taken the time out then. Only in the last 2 weeks I received a phone call telling me they, Seisma where not happy with their chosen drilling company and they had sold out their interests to a bank in New York and if I bought shares to the value of $5000 in this bank I would receive $37500 for my interests as the bank wanted to purchase all the shares. I refused to be drawn, and suffered as I had done when dealing with them previously, abuse and threats that my investment was at risk if I didn't take this oppertunity.
I too was taken in by Future Power Industries and Justin Solomon and Seisma they are all one and the same. I was fooled just after my wife died when I was most vulnerable I lost $80000. Have you seen the fancy new website for Future Power Industry if you did not know better you would think this is a top rate genuine company. But it is a scam.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:47 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Oh my goodness,

Just found this site and now know the true extent of my own stupidity...Seisma Research have over $100000 of my money, and looks like I will never see a penny of it again.

Is there a group of us out there?

Old 08-20-2010, 03:20 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Siesma Research have over $55000 of my money,they did played it very well ! We must do something about all this,we need to get together...

Old 08-28-2010, 02:24 PM
I am new at Scam.com

It seems the bad ones get what they deserves!

http://www.sec.gov/litigation/litrel...10/lr21562.htm

I've all the documentation ready.
What's the next step now? Any advise?

Old 10-15-2010, 06:58 AM
I am new at Scam.com

In April 2008 Enermax Inc. contacted me and introduced me to their joint ventures. I was not sure about investing but the saleperson by the name of Matt Wolcott made the prospect look promising and kept on calling, multiple times a day, and then finally I agreed to invest in the smallest investment that was offered. It was 1/8 unit in their West Janice 1 venture. Wolcott claimed that the well would be drilled and I would get my monthly checks starting August 2008. However, it is now October 2010 and they kept on coming up with new things that needs to be done with the well.
Recently, I have done some research and background on Enermax Inc. and I discovered that they are in conjunction with Seisma Research LLC and some legal records actually indicate that they are partners are some of their "projects" and West Janice 1 is one of such.
This leads me to believe that Seisma Research LLC is not working alone to scam people, but there is an entire ring of these deceitful theives.
This was my first investment experience and I cannot help but feel that I was cheated and scammed, a feeling that I know you all can share. I am not a wealthy person and all I wanted was to make a little extra income during the hard time for the future. Honestly, I really regret investing in Enermax Inc. In these 2 years worth of time I have many sleepless nights.
wondering what to do.
I was raised on the principles of honesty, dedication, and perservence. I worked hard like all of you to earn everything that I have. It disgusts me to see companies such as these lie and cheat to steal from us, destroy our dreams only to indulge themselves.
There is hope. I have been contacting the SEC to launch an investigation, the media to put pressure on these companies, and finally writting to my state's representatives.
It breaks my heart to see so many of you like me are victoms of these scammers' greed. However, it comforts me to know that you also like me are trying to fight the people who stole from you. I have been trying to get justice by myself but I know if we ally together we have a greater chance of winning than each of us striving alone. Once we form an alliance we will bring these fraud companies to the ground.
Contact me at quinnxavier2008@yahoo.com
and we will figure out together our next step of attack and in the end get our justice that has been long delayed and the money that we earned with our sweat and blood back from these pathetic, greed-driven, unamerican parasites.

Last edited by Quinn : 10-15-2010 at 07:01 AM.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:27 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hello everyone! I am a Swedish citizen that have invested in excess of $50K in four different oil and gas joint ventures through Seisma. I am willing to join any kind of group to file suit against these scammers.

Last week (the week that started with 11 OCT 2010) I talked to an employee of Enermax of Texas and with a secretary at Evans NRG of Mississippi.

The guy I spoke to at Enermax was very polite and helpful. He offerd to call me back, which he also did, with the email address of Mr Boteler after consulting with him himself. I sent a mail to him on friday the 15th 2010 to find out about my investments and I cant wait to hear from the man.

The secretary of Evans was also helpful as she gave me the email of Mr Lavon Evans, but explained that it would take at least until after the week starting on the 25th of Oct until I could expect an answer since the man and his team was out of town both the week I was calling and the week after (starting tomorrow on the 18th).

So far until I read Quinns letter, I had thought that both the above companies were legit and not really part of the scam itself. The Enermax guy said that Seisma owed them about a half a million USD. Further he told me that the West Janice #1 had just gotten into production "last week" (read the week starting Oct 4 2010) That was a bit different from the promises that Seisma gave, not that I have invested in the number 1, but in the number 2 and 3. Number 3 he said did not exist to their knowledge, but at the time I could not remember that it was also called "McKenzie Draw". Else than that I have also invested heavily into Los Dos Apaches and a smaller investment in SXC.

Justin Solomon has been taken to court as can be read at courthousenews.com, here is the link.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/06/18/Seisma.pdf

Sorry for my long letter, but I promise to get back if and when I receive answers from the above mentioned people.

Lets hope we can get some justice going together.

Lindberg, Sweden

Last edited by Lindbergsweden : 10-17-2010 at 11:31 AM.