report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Newbie Member

Re: Arise.com

Hello, I have worked for arise for about 3 years and love it. I'm currently hiring independent contractors to work under my corp so no need to incorporate. Lots of clients currently available right now!! Please email me for more info.

a link was here

Last edited by Meri Widow : 10-12-2010 at 06:52 PM. Reason: personal links go in siggy lines

Old 12-27-2010, 09:03 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I like Arise. I like setting my own hours and being my own boss. The most important thing for me is scheduling my life the way I want and being able to do my job without someone looking over my shoulder, if your like me you will like Arise too. The initial startup is a little daunting with the start up cost and training however this could be eliminated by just joining a VCS as opposed to starting one yourself. I have a VCS that is extremely helpful throughout the whole process. Check out the link: www.wix.com/askcoco/arise

Old 01-27-2011, 08:33 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Arise Complaint

I had contracted with Arise for about 3 years. From the very beginning, there were technical issues on their end that they would not acknowledge. I have come to realize that the people who are out there to “assist” you probably have some sort of financial vested interest in the company. It is like a clique, where you can never get anywhere if you have any kind of problem. Of the many issues I submitted in the resolution center, NONE were resolved promptly, if at all.

The training is way too long – especially if the class is large and the instructor has no control or little experience with a virtual setting classroom. Arise tries to impress the client reps who sit in on classes by showing them they cover every little insignificant detail in training. This puts more money in the pockets of Arise because instead of a two week training class, they can offer a four week class for much more money. The content of most of the classes is a lot of bullcrap and poorly composed. I’ve worked for about six of these type companies and only one had a thirty day training where we were paid to attend. The quizzes and tests are often poorly written and inaccurate. The instructors even give you the answers to some of the wrong questions, but come time for the test, the wording may be so ambiguous, that even with the answer, you get the question wrong.
Because I was a member of the elite sales team at a company that went out of business, I was given a supposed prime opportunity for Apple sales. I got to preselect hours and then all of a sudden the sales team was forced to take overflow calls for customer service. Of course, this affected our production (metrics). Also, because there is such high pressure to produce numbers, some sales people would transfer under the pretense of being a customer service rep just to pick your brain about a product. The next thing you know, your call had been disconnected when the “customer service rep” would terminate the connection and close the sale on their end. Next, we had to take overflow calls from the UK. At certain times of the day, this could be all the calls we would handle. I asked my PF about this who informed me there would be adjustments made on the client’s end. Needless to say, this never happened and all of a sudden, I got a termination notice for not fulfilling my SOW. Upon further investigation on my part, I saw that I was missing chunks of time that amounted to over 15 hours. I had documentation – the sales record numbers – to prove that I was on the phones during one shift where it showed that I had not worked at all the entire day. I never got anywhere with the resolution center and of course; there is no one you can speak with over the phone.
I strongly believe if all of the supposed “satisfied” people on these complaint forums would add up their time with a stop watch or timer as I did, they would find out that they too are being robbed by this company too.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:03 AM
k9nan

My original post here was a few years ago regarding Arise.

My opinion has not changed.

Sweat shop is what this JOB is - like migrant workers without migrating. Not a "business" for many reasons, no freedom regarding scheduling, no support.

Still working through Arise and while I have no respect for Arise I love what I actually do for work ... I ignore Arise and have fun while working.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:44 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I have family that work for Arise and I have began to work for Arise myself, and it for sure is not a scam the money you put into it, you get it all back plus more after certification and the completion of hours.

The course material like every instructor I have had has always said its not necessary to memorize all the material, because when your actually doing live calls you will have resources to help you.

Arise is a great opportunity for working from home! Your your own boss, getting to stay home with your family, you create your own hours and once your shift is over you wont have to drive home and deal with all the rush hour traffic and so forth, you can just turn around and your already in the safety of you home. Also to keep in mind that other people are also working thru Arise so to keep in mind you have to be there when the hours are posted for the good time frames or you would be left with what I call the 'Left Overs".

The fact of having kids that are sick is just an excuse! I have 2 very young daughters who are usually sick at the same time and I am still able to get my hours done... Either while their sleeping or awake... Having to complete a minimum of 20 hrs and 4 on the weekend should be attainable, for anyone!

Prioritizing your time is the main thing with everything! WORK, KIDS and SOCIAL LIFE!!!

Honestly your better off working outside of your home if you dont seem to realize a good opportunity when its thrown at you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Deal View Post
Arise does business above the board in a very self serving way.
But lets start with their instruction;

Once you have spent that $200 on training, non refundable...
There is no Manual, not a single iota of something they can send you. their advise, go to the site and explore.
Their alternative is to overload you with just one training flash card after another. Believe me, these get old after a few weeks.

Trainers... as you know, some are not a bright as others and some and not as bright as them.

Keep in mind that is not the stupidity of the instrustor, but the fellow classmates that get to ask questions. This is when you wish you had a recorder. We sit through these classes, listening to the transcripts of material and listening to questions out of this world, we wonder if we are getting what we paid for.

Your instructor for the class is probably not the smart one she pretends to be. I took a class, and just asking questions she corrected herself 6 times, and I still have never gotten answers on the other 30 that she said she would get back to us on.

LOL, next the tests, that's a joke. Things that were never covered and ambiguous questions about sales. Here's a hint about getting through the test. Copy paste every question to a text document along with your response. When you submit your answers, it does tell you you answered number 2 wrong or number 8, so you know where to correct and double check. Second try, you have restudied and should succeed.

I use the term succeed lightly, and want to succeed in giving them another $200 to pick out who you want to work for... if there are any available. As thing go with Arise, after you sign up, it's usually a month wait to start a class, completion could take from the time of sign up 2 months to 7 months to complete. Read your SOWs carefully.

Upon your success, you will be greeted with open arms and the opportunity to spend another $200. Keep in mind this is in addition the the hardware and additional phone line you just added, and the hardware (don't even mention the time).

Then the realization sets in, I have to get 20 hours this week or I don't meet my SOW (Statement of work) and I have to sit by the computer night and day to try to get it.

You get the hours, but have a sick child. You would think Arise would care, but instead your Commitmittent adhearance suffers, your attendance didn't meet SOW requirements, as Mr. Trump would say... Your fired!

So off to find another... well I just lost a job that I paid $225 for, and this one looks good. Problem is you have a bad Commitment or close ratio. No one is going to hire you.

Arise is really a great way to profit if you work for directly for Arise there in Florida. With that in mind I would think they would rename their company "ARTERIES".

They will bleed you till you are dry. They don't care about you. Close ratios and talk times. They say friendliness and apathy, LOL.

Enough Blood, Bad_Deal

Old 03-31-2011, 01:00 PM
I am new at Scam.com

DO YOU THINK these corporations charged their employees in Asia a fee for training? I don't think so! This is nothing but a training mill.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:07 AM
Newbie Member

I have been a contracted agent with Arise for 9 months now and I would like to clear up a few things that are posted on this thread that are not true.
First and formost being that we are not employees of Arise. We own our own companys. One of the main requirments of Arise is that you have your own tax ID number and your own license to opperate a business in the state that you live in. Arise is very upfront with this in the very begining.
So if you are not willing to do this you will not be able to contract with Arise.

Second. As far as paying for training, how else are you going to learn how to do a job without training. You cant be a realestate agent or a doctor with out training and you have to pay for that. The very idea of starting your own business no matter what it is, and not paying for training, is frankly dumb.

Arise is contrated with very well know corperations and they do have standards that they are required to maintain to keep us all working. I personally dont know of any place in this country where you can start your own company for less than one thousand dollors and be showing a profit in less than 90 days.

Yes the service fees paid to their agents could be higher, but is that not true of any job. If it were not, would you be here looking at ways to supplament your income in the first place.

The thing that must be stressed here is you are the owner of YOUR own business and not a employee. If you are looking for a employee employer type of job, then Arise is not for you.
If however you are looking for a oppertuinty to make money in a nontraditional work from home business then Arise is a great place to start. Our CEO was on fox news at the end of last year telling how they plan to add 6,000 new agents this year alone. The video is on youtube if you would like to check it out, just type in Arise in the search box.

As for the cost of the service fees of $40 dollors a month. I have to ask, how else are they going to mantain all the technology, not to mention all the other things that it takes to keep all of us agents working?

Now as to hours. I am a agent that takes emergency roadside calls for a very well known club here in the US and I am able to post 22 hours per week when I do my scheduale and I am also offered the chance to pick up more hours if service is needed up to 60 hours per week and trust me when I say that with my application that is almost always the case. I worked 4.5 hours friday and 5 hours saturday of last week and had 92 calls in that time period. So you see the call volume is there. Even with the over 200 agents working the same client at the same time.

So in closing ARISE is NOT a SCAM. They are a legit company offering poeple who want to start their own company working from home the oppertunity to do so. If you have any questions that you would like answered in a honest and forthright way please fill free to email me and I WILL get back to you.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:38 AM
Newbie Member

Arise is not a scam I have been here since 08. I'm able to make my own schedule and work clients like Dis*ey, AA*, Carn*val, appl* and a lot of others. You do have to pay for training but I would rather pay for it then be on a set schedule and have to stick to the same job everyday. I love arise and what it has provided for me. You also don't have to incorporate you can join an existing corp, if you would like more info feel free to email me.
mbrown@opendoormultiservices.com

Old 04-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxemo45 View Post
I have been a contracted agent with Arise for 9 months now and I would like to clear up a few things that are posted on this thread that are not true.
First and formost being that we are not employees of Arise. We own our own companys. One of the main requirments of Arise is that you have your own tax ID number and your own license to opperate a business in the state that you live in. Arise is very upfront with this in the very begining.
So if you are not willing to do this you will not be able to contract with Arise.

Second. As far as paying for training, how else are you going to learn how to do a job without training. You cant be a realestate agent or a doctor with out training and you have to pay for that. The very idea of starting your own business no matter what it is, and not paying for training, is frankly dumb.

Arise is contrated with very well know corperations and they do have standards that they are required to maintain to keep us all working. I personally dont know of any place in this country where you can start your own company for less than one thousand dollors and be showing a profit in less than 90 days.

Yes the service fees paid to their agents could be higher, but is that not true of any job. If it were not, would you be here looking at ways to supplament your income in the first place.

The thing that must be stressed here is you are the owner of YOUR own business and not a employee. If you are looking for a employee employer type of job, then Arise is not for you.
If however you are looking for a oppertuinty to make money in a nontraditional work from home business then Arise is a great place to start. Our CEO was on fox news at the end of last year telling how they plan to add 6,000 new agents this year alone. The video is on youtube if you would like to check it out, just type in Arise in the search box.

As for the cost of the service fees of $40 dollors a month. I have to ask, how else are they going to mantain all the technology, not to mention all the other things that it takes to keep all of us agents working?

Now as to hours. I am a agent that takes emergency roadside calls for a very well known club here in the US and I am able to post 22 hours per week when I do my scheduale and I am also offered the chance to pick up more hours if service is needed up to 60 hours per week and trust me when I say that with my application that is almost always the case. I worked 4.5 hours friday and 5 hours saturday of last week and had 92 calls in that time period. So you see the call volume is there. Even with the over 200 agents working the same client at the same time.

So in closing ARISE is NOT a SCAM. They are a legit company offering poeple who want to start their own company working from home the oppertunity to do so. If you have any questions that you would like answered in a honest and forthright way please fill free to email me and I WILL get back to you.
Is the training of use outside Arise? It seems that if the training were Arise-specific, they should pay for it.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnRo View Post
Is the training of use outside Arise? It seems that if the training were Arise-specific, they should pay for it.
The training is Arise specific as it pertains to the clients expectations and there applications. It would be of no use to you outside of the client application. That being said you could take what you have learned in that training and apply for a job with the client and have a headstart over other applicants. But you do make a valid point. Now what you have to understand, like I said earlier, this is your own business and as such you are being trained on how to work for the client and how to meet their mandatory expectations and how their applications work.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:25 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: still in the process with Arise

Hello Miranda, I am still in the process with Arise, i do not expect to get rich, Why i only want is a normal job with a decent salary, I am still nervious about working from them, and about the hours because i am a workaholic and i used to work for long periods of time.
a link was here[/quote]

Old 04-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Newbie Member

There are 100% legit. Give it a try

Work From Home Jobs

Get paid from surveys

Old 04-08-2011, 07:42 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Can you explain the training to me? I don't understand the client opportunity stuff. I completed Arise University 101, but do I have to train from 6-10 every day for a month? Or is it just one session? Thanks in advance!

Old 04-11-2011, 01:47 AM
I am new at Scam.com

You have to train for a month or more 6-8 hours a day. This includes homework, then pass the test with a 85. If you don't pass then your SOL. If you don't make your sales number or say the wrong thing or don't say the right thing the way they want you to say it, your gone with out compensation. But don't worry, There is a new opportunity with another company after you pay for their training. All this for $8.00 an hour after you pass. The contracts seem to be one sided. Contracts should be for at least two years and compensation for early dismissal.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:06 AM
Newbie Member

For The fun ship I have been there since 08 and have never made 8$ hr not even close. I average 13-15HR and have never had any issues getting hours. Training is also 4 hours a day Mon-Fri for 2-6 weeks depending on the client. Some you have to complete a couple hours of homework a day but I only know of 2 that require that. Each client varies on how many hours to get but there are some where you could work full time and others where you can only get the min amount (20 HRS a week). Each client has different peak seasons so I always suggest to have 2 clients if you want full time and make sure they have different peak seasons.

Old 06-04-2011, 05:25 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda226 View Post
Hello, I have worked for arise for about 3 years and love it. I'm currently hiring independent contractors to work under my corp so no need to incorporate. Lots of clients currently available right now!! Please email me for more info.

a link was here
Hello Miranda226 I just started with arise and wanted to know, since you've worked for them for so long, if we could communicate via email if I have any questions. srjackson323@gmail.com

Old 06-04-2011, 05:27 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hello Miranda226 I just started with arise and wanted to know, since you've worked for them for so long, if we could communicate via email if I have any questions. srjackson323@gmail.com

Old 06-29-2011, 02:47 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I too am very interested in ARISE and have made a few of the intial investments of time and money. Before I make the next step and actually begin the training and further time investment, I would appreciate a current ARISE rep to contact me and answer just few questions. Please contact me @ pclark1977@gmail.com

Thank you to anyone who can take the time to help me sort out my last few questions.