report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Used Car Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2009, 05:55 AM
Newbie Member

'06 Bobcat Toolcat for $4200

This ad is posted in this week's Sunday paper. I called it and it's another fax number. The add reads, including the dumb typo:'06 Bobcat Toolcat 5600, 4x4, Loader, Forks and Dumb body, Heat/AC Cab.Price $4200ask questions:dd567n@gmail.com/and he gives a bogus local phone number that is someone's fax machine.He has adds posted all over the US and his email has shown up on some community bulletin board scam warnings. If anyone is looking up his email for the first time to see if it's legitimate, take a look at the thread in this section about the John Deere 5205 tractor for $2900 to see what you'll get if you answer this add.

Last edited by cls2st00pid : 08-23-2009 at 05:58 AM.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:55 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: '06 Bobcat Toolcat for $4200

I seen the very same ad in a SE Pennsylvania newspaper.
I sent email to the address, with no reply.
What does this person expect to gain from this???

Old 08-28-2009, 07:00 AM
I am new at Scam.com

p.s., I would never send money. the ad let you believe it was local, being in a local newspaper.............

Old 08-28-2009, 07:44 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

While you won't send money, there is a good chance someone else will send money via Western Union. The scammer is hoping several people won't google the ad or email address and will fall for his scam especially since the victim will think this is a local sale since it was posted in a local paper.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 09-17-2009, 05:21 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I actually have been corresponding daily with this guy. I knew it was a scam when I kept saying I could come and pick it up and he said he could ship it very cheap. Kind of fun hearing his answers/excuses.The same happened here, an ad with a local phone #. I tracked it and found it to be an abandoned MCI number. He also used the "horse" story. His ad ran for 3weeks in our paper. The new ad is for the John Deere 5205 for $4,300. New email though robrt5@gmail.com. I just hope no one falls for this scam.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:10 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 00:33:13 +0100
Subject: Re: Bobcat Toolcat
To: lone0@hotmail.com

Thank you for contacting me. Yes, I'm selling my 2006 Bobcat 5600 Toolcat Utility Work Machine.I'm located in Farmington, CT and the bobcat is here as well.I'm asking $4200 for it . Free delivery within 500 miles radius. I can help you with shipping for low shipping fees. Need zip code to calculate shipping fees. If you are interested, I can send you the pictures and specifications.I'll try to provide all the details about the bobcat and the transaction.
Let me know
Ronald Swanson

Old 11-16-2009, 11:27 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Now he is selling a John Deere 5425 for $4400

Old 11-23-2009, 12:14 AM
I am new at Scam.com

06 Bobcat Toolcat for 4200

Willingly I accept. The question is interesting, I too will take part in discussion.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:58 AM
Newbie Member

John Deere Gator for $4200. Another SCAM! I found this on ******list. I replied to it and waited the necessary 6 hours for a response (which gives a hint about where they really are) and, after reading her response, went to look at the ad and it was gone. This one didn't post an email address but just used the ******list reply link. The email from the response is jennife.burke@msn.com. I told her I wanted to come and see it before I buy it and here is her response:

Hello,

The John Deere is already at the shipping company in Tucson, Arizona sealed and ready for the shipping. I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them. I'm very busy with my job and I'm left out of the town so I can't meet in person with you so this is the reason why I chose to sell my John Deere over the internet. According to eBay you have 5 days from the time you receive the John Deere to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
Here is how it will work:

1.First of all I will need the following details from you:
- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address
2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay.
3. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices.
The invoice will send you the details on how to make a refundable payment.
4. eBay will contact me and I will ship the John Deere to you. After you receive the John Deere you will have 5 days to test, verify and do whatever you need to the John Deere. If you will buy, then I will receive the payment details from eBay so that I can pick up the money.
5. If you will decide that you will not buy the John Deere, eBay will refund the money and I will have the shipping company come pick up my John Deere. If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the necessary info so that we can proceed. I look forward to hear from you.

Thank you!
Jennifer Burke

Old 05-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Newbie Member

It goes back to old saying: If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Newbie Member

2007 BOBCAT T300 WITH TRAILER AND 3 ATTACHMENTS $5600 SCAM!

His ad was posted all over *****slist. andrew.livingston@msn.com another scam email address to watch out for. I told him I could come pick it up just to see what the excuse would be this time......

RE: 2007 BOBCAT T300 WITH TRAILER AND 3 ATTACHMENTS‏‏
Sent: Tue 6/08/10 8:45 AM
To: xxx.xxx.xxx

Let me explain you the process..

It will be shipped from El Paso and I'll pay the shipping.

You will send the funds to eBay Int. After they will receive the amount will give me the ok for shipping. When you'll receive the bobcat you'll have 3 days for testing. If it's ok then they will release the money to me. If the bobcat is not as I described eBay will refund you 100% and I will pay the shipping return.

Tell me your decision and I will contact eBay Int. regarding our transaction. after that they will send you the information of the purchasing.

Thanks

To: andrew.livingston@msn.com
Subject: RE: 2007 BOBCAT T300 WITH TRAILER AND 3 ATTACHMENTS‏
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 18:01:59 -0500

So, what will you need from me and, specifically, how will this whole process work?
Thanks

To: xxx.xxx.xxx
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 16:43:11 -0400

The skid steer is in El Paso, TX.

I want to finish this deal through eBay International Trading. They will hold your payment and release it to me only after you will receive, inspect and agree with the machine. I will give you 3 inspection days.

I will start the shipping in the same day with the payment confirmation.
The delivery process to your location will take 5-6 days.

Tell me if we can get the ball rolling and I will contact eBay regarding our transaction. after that they will send you the information of the purchasing.

Thanks

Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 15:39:01 -0500

Shipping won't be necessary. I have a trailer that will handle it and can come pick it up myself. I'd like to schedule an appointment to see it.

Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 14:42:43 -0500
Subject: Re: 2007 BOBCAT T300 WITH TRAILER AND 3 ATTACHMENTS‏

Hi,

Thanks for being interested in buying my Skid Steer. It has an clear title and it is in a good condition, no problems at the engine, runs very well. The price is not negotiable, US $5600 firm. The price includes shipping and insurance to your address. I will ship it via a reputable shipping company and it will take almost a week depending of your location.

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks

Old 09-24-2010, 12:12 PM
I am new at Scam.com

another angle this guy is working....

I emailed this address (nrem75g@msn.com) and he replied from (dd567m@gmail.com)

Andrew Hilbert to me
show details 10:36 AM (6 hours ago)
Thank you for contacting me. Yes, I'm selling my 2007 HARLEY DAVIDSON FAT BOY SOFTTAIL. It is in imaculate condition and has never been involved in any accident, never down and no mechanical defects. The frame and motor are great , there are no leaks at all. The engine runs good, garage keept. It comes with all the documents needed for registration, it has a clear and free title and it can be registred into your name at any time. I'm located in St Peters, MO and the bike is here as well. I'm asking $2930 for it . Free delivery within 500 miles radius. I can help you with shipping for low shipping fees. Need zip code to calculate shipping fees. If you are interested, I can send you the pictures and specifications.
Let me know
Andrew Hilbert

Andrew Hilbert (dd567m@gmail.com)
show details 5:49 PM (23 minutes ago)
To see all the pictures click here: http://picasaweb.google.com/10829892...4713811/FATBOY , Mileage 4,731 miles, VIN 1HD1BX5157Y048810 The bike in the pictures is the one I'm selling you and that's the bike's condition right now., Engine 96 CI, Engine size (cc):1573, Transmission 6 SPEED, Drivetrain BELT DRIVE, Fuel Type Gasoline, Exterior Color Silver, Vehicle title: Clear and free. My brother is in the hospital where he had some medical investigations 2 weeks ago. Last week we found out he has cancer. I'm in the process of moving my brother to Eastern Regional Medical Center in PA where they gave us some hope. For making this transaction safer and because my brother needs all the help I can give him, I would like to use an escrow company for completing this deal. This service acts like a middleman between seller and buyer, their job is to make sure the buyer receives the item and the seller receives the money, I will not charge you for using them, it is my choice and I'll pay their fees . Get back to me and I'll tell you how it works.

PS: I can ship you the bike for $300, it will be delivered in 4 days; you'll pay the shipping fees when you'll receive it ( COD )

Last edited by good_times31 : 09-24-2010 at 01:07 PM. Reason: typo