report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Chat Here
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2010, 09:35 AM
Lady Moderator- Just call me Your Majesty

Re: I quit this website .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post

Boris, Hopeful, SBM, Entertained and many others have provided a useful education to many on how to avoid potential scam . They're no longer here and, so far, noone seems to have taken their place.
Well, here is something constructive, refer your friends to the board that you and those you mention are providing useful information on now. Seriously, if defeating scams is really what it's all about for you guys, then why are you wasting so much time and band width on other sites complaining instead of educating? Did your priorities suddenly change with the change of location?

Quote:
If this board had any other name than scam.com, I guess it wouldnt matter so much, but having control of the name scam.com makes it the first call for many innocents trying to check out scams. The fact that respected scam hunters are no longer posting here, makes the name misleading and raises the question of the site's ethics and purpose.
I hate to break it to you, but none of those you mention are the only people on the planet who can provide the information that the "innocents" are looking for. If they are as respected as you say, and I'm not saying otherwise, then they will be welcomed just about anywhere, I would think. They are even welcomed here provided they can work within the rules. I know they don't particularly want to but that doesn't mean that they aren't able to come back and continue entertaining and educating people.

Quote:
These are the concerns of people who participate here and who are complaining - not the fact that they may or may not like mlms, or any individual mod or admin.
And what is interesting, these concerned people are complaining on the same forum that these respected scam hunters are on who would entertain and educate them what to look for.

Kind of makes this a moot point doesn't it?

Lady Mod

When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to
seek it elsewhere.
---= Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Last edited by sojustask : 06-18-2010 at 09:44 AM.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Bronze Member

With all due respect LM, I am not sure your presumtion about what I want to do, or not want to do, is a fair assessment. I have no problem with the forum becoming more pro-MLM (from my perspective), although I think (and can show mathematically) the MLM is a pretty inefficient business model (and that's why there are no very large MLM companies, say in the Fortune 500). As long as the forum allows fair and open discussion (and uncovering) of scams, I am fine. To me, selling products far above there intrinsic value (often a staple of MLM) is not a scam. For that matter, selling phony neutraceuticals, magic wands, magic coffee, fake gas mileage enhancing additives, etc. is not really a scam either, just people misrepresenting the benefits of the products. As always, there are exceptions, but I will continue to call out those who fail to provide data and facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojustask View Post
Well, here is something constructive, refer your friends to the board that you and those you mention are providing useful information on now. Seriously, if defeating scams is really what it's all about for you guys, then why are you wasting so much time and band width on other sites complaining instead of educating? Did your priorities suddenly change with the change of location?

I hate to break it to you, but none of those you mention are the only people on the planet who can provide the information that the "innocents" are looking for. If they are as respected as you say, and I'm not saying otherwise, then they will be welcomed just about anywhere, I would think. They are even welcomed here provided they can work within the rules. I know they don't particularly want to but that doesn't mean that they aren't able to come back and continue entertaining and educating people.

And what is interesting, these concerned people are complaining on the same forum that these respected scam hunters are on who would entertain and educate them what to look for.

Kind of makes this a moot point doesn't it?

Lady Mod

Old 06-18-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entertained View Post
With all due respect LM, I am not sure your presumtion about what I want to do, or not want to do, is a fair assessment. I have no problem with the forum becoming more pro-MLM (from my perspective), although I think (and can show mathematically) the MLM is a pretty inefficient business model (and that's why there are no very large MLM companies, say in the Fortune 500). As long as the forum allows fair and open discussion (and uncovering) of scams, I am fine. To me, selling products far above there intrinsic value (often a staple of MLM) is not a scam. For that matter, selling phony neutraceuticals, magic wands, magic coffee, fake gas mileage enhancing additives, etc. is not really a scam either, just people misrepresenting the benefits of the products. As always, there are exceptions, but I will continue to call out those who fail to provide data and facts.
Entertained, just to set the record straight, wishfulthinking's own post kind of lumped you into a group that doesn't appear to want to be here.

Quote:
Boris, Hopeful, SBM, Entertained and many others have provided a useful education to many on how to avoid potential scam . They're no longer here and, so far, noone seems to have taken their place.
He said you were no longer here, but here you are. I don't think I was presuming anything I wasn't lead to believe based on the post I was responding to. But I'm glad it was wrong and thanks for speaking up.

Your input and point of view are appreciated I'm sure. They are most certainly welcome.

Lady Mod

seek it elsewhere.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Damage Control Squad

Entertained, my apologies. Not having seen any recent posts from you, I made the erroneous assumption that you too were no longer posting here. Lucky for scam.com that you are staying.

LM, you have suprised me with your comment:-

"I don't think I was presuming anything I wasn't lead to believe based on the post I was responding to"

As a Mod, you have access to all aspects of the forum and know who is and isnt posting. You of all people should know who has left. Thought we were responsible for our own due diligence.

For the rest - I stand by what I already said.

Old 06-18-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
Entertained, my apologies. Not having seen any recent posts from you, I made the erroneous assumption that you too were no longer posting here. Lucky for scam.com that you are staying.

LM, you have suprised me with your comment:-

"I don't think I was presuming anything I wasn't lead to believe based on the post I was responding to"

As a Mod, you have access to all aspects of the forum and know who is and isnt posting. You of all people should know who has left. Thought we were responsible for our own due diligence.

For the rest - I stand by what I already said.
Thousands of people and I'm supposed to keep track of who is and isn't posting? I didn't even know we had someone here by the screen name Entertained.

As a Mod, I think my time is better spent moderating and not checking to see who is and isn't posting during the day and who has and hasn't left.

Sheesh!

Lady Mod

seek it elsewhere.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:44 PM
Always Right, Seldom Agreed With.

Haven't been here for ages. Not since GZ crashed and burned. Don't know if Westmoreland ever got arrested or not. Came here to post a news story about yet another MLM/Ponzi scheme getting it's just reward. Not sure I like what I see. It is not possible to be pro-MLM/Ponzi and anti-scam. MLM/Ponzi = Scam; plain and simple.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:11 PM
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
Haven't been here for ages. Not since GZ crashed and burned. Don't know if Westmoreland ever got arrested or not. Came here to post a news story about yet another MLM/Ponzi scheme getting it's just reward. Not sure I like what I see. It is not possible to be pro-MLM/Ponzi and anti-scam. MLM/Ponzi = Scam; plain and simple.
You may be right, though I don't agree with you, as you're just plain wrong, as I am pro-MLM and don't like Ponzi's at all.

I'm sure you'll find others here that feel the same way.

Live & learn, hopefully.

Kerry
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here

Last edited by katiescorner : 06-21-2010 at 07:23 AM.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:56 PM
Military Veteran - Lightyear Wireless

Please elaborate on how MLM is a scam. If MLM is a scam then so is corporate America. The difference between MLM and corporate America is you can move up in MLM when you work for it. Who decides whether or not you will be promoted in the corporate world? It is always your boss. With MLM, you know exactly what has to be done in order to get promoted, correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafo View Post

David

--
Lightyear Wireless, showing everyone how they can refer 3 and have free wireless service. View the Lightyear Wireless Overview today.

What can you do with Free Wireless Service?

Send me an E-Mail Directly

Old 06-21-2010, 12:26 AM
Father Evangelicus.

Quote:
Really? Father deleted 3 of his posts himself and I deleted Doc's who was doing nothing more than advertise another site. 4 posts hardly make for heavy pruning. Read the rules:

Now if Doc is an honest man, (jury still out on that as well) he will admit that he violated the rules and that the infraction and temporary ban were warranted.

As far as referring anyone you know here? If our traffic was dependent on just your referrals, don't you think this place would have closed a long time ago?

I realize that there are some of you who insist on finding something wrong with everything I do here and you are free to bitch about it all you want someplace else. The truth of the matter is, this site has not taken a nose dive, nor has it shut down and we have a whole lot of people happy with the changes from both sides of the fence.

It's not imparative that those who don't like it here, continue to stay here. Frankly, I don't know why those who are unhappy would insist on sharing that unhappiness with the rest of the world? Can't you guys find someplace else willing to listen to your petty complaints? I'll bet you can if you try hard enough. If the one site you are currently using isn't good enough I'm sure you can find others.

Lady Mod

You are correct,I did delete three of my posts myself;however there were a couple of others that I did not delete.They referred to the deletion of seven complete threads of mine.(Over a period of time),due to a certain scammers complaints.So do I assume that Zac deleted my posts?Because his disappeared also at the same time.
Is it against the rules to mention such things on this board now?
As Lexx says---only sayin.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father View Post
You are correct,I did delete three of my posts myself;however there were a couple of others that I did not delete.They referred to the deletion of seven complete threads of mine.(Over a period of time),due to a certain scammers complaints.So do I assume that Zac deleted my posts?Because his disappeared also at the same time.
Is it against the rules to mention such things on this board now?
As Lexx says---only sayin.
There were posts on this thread that someone else deleted that were yours? Sigh.

I wouldn't assume anything these days, it doesn't seem to be healthy to. I couldn't tell you if Zac (George) deleted those threads you had once or not. Quite possibly, yes, and then again someone else might have as well.

Lady Mod

seek it elsewhere.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:57 PM
Father Evangelicus.

Quote:
There were posts on this thread that someone else deleted that were yours? Sigh.

I wouldn't assume anything these days, it doesn't seem to be healthy to. I couldn't tell you if Zac (George) deleted those threads you had once or not. Quite possibly, yes, and then again someone else might have as well.

Lady Mod

Yes,you're right. (Health comes first!)

Old 06-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Banned

Please cancel my account and delete all my posts.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live&Learn View Post
Please cancel my account and delete all my posts.

Just don't return. You know I can't do that. Nor will I go to all the trouble of deleting all your posts.

Lady Mod

seek it elsewhere.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Just don't return. You know I can't do that. Nor will I go to all the trouble of deleting all your posts.

Lady Mod

But that doesn't make him feel better,,,he wants to quit!

Old 08-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Newbie Member

Why you want to leave this , it wonderful site dude, what happenssssss