report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2010, 10:02 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Prado electronic cigarettes-smokefreely.com

I recently received an email offering a free trial for Prado Electronic Cigarettes. It was advertised as being risk free. The charge was $14.99 for shipping. I couple of weeks after the charge for the risk free trial was charged on my card, another charge appeared for $149.90. I called the company to question this and was informed that my 14 day trial period was over so I was charged the full pricing for the starter kit. I was informed that on the website it was clearly stated that these were the terms and conditions for the purchase. I have been unable to find these statements on the website but regardless, I am out the $14.99 plus the additional $149.90. Please be cautious of this company.

Old 12-20-2010, 12:21 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Prado electronic cigarettes-smokefreely.com

Same thing happened to me and my fiancť. We only had to pay $7.99 for shipping and handling. We were contacted by a representative who told us this was risk free and we would not get charged ever again. 14 days later both of us were charged $149.90. Prado is a scam and criminals!!! No where on their site did it say anything about a 14 day trial. Nowhere!!

Old 12-26-2010, 05:03 AM
I am new at Scam.com

ATTENTION: PURCHASERS OF PRADO, SMOKEFREELY OR OTHER E-CIGARETTE TRIAL OFFER PRODUCTS--We are a law firm with attorneys admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, New York, District of Columbia, Georgia and West Virginia. We have also appeared in matters in California, Florida, Texas, Illinois, Ohio and elsewhere. We are interested in hearing about potential wrongfully charged credit cards or debit cards arising from the purchase of trial offer e-cigarette products which were supposed to be mailed to the buyer for $0.00 plus $9.95 or $14.95 for "shipping and handling". We understand from this board and other sources that purchasers of the $0.00 trial offer were subsequently charged $149.90 and then $69.90 every month for e-cigarette cartridges they did not believe they had ever requested. We may be able to represent you in a lawsuit against the responsible parties. There would be no fee to you unless there is a recovery. Please contact me at the email address indicated to discuss your potential claim. jonathan@steelcitylawyers.com

Old 04-13-2011, 09:50 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I too had a similar experience with the Prado "risk free" trial for only $14.99 but was charged $149 on my credit card. The Customer Service rep told me the same thing, that it was a 14 day trial only. However, not only was there nothing on the advertisement about the 14 days, it took 14 days to get to me which meant my trial was over before I received it!! I was livid. The only concession he was able to make for me was for me to order more refills for $29.95 and he would credit my card for $100. If that's the case, I paid only $70 for the cigarette and $30 for the cartidges. I haven't seen the credit yet and I'm hoping I haven't fallen for yet another trick!!!

Old 08-31-2011, 01:00 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Thanks for giving people the heads up. I know someone else that had a problem with this Prado company so I decided to go with (no advertising allowed in forum) and have been buying my electronic cigarette from them without any hassle.

Last edited by mumbles : 08-31-2011 at 05:36 PM.