report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Gold Member

Re: The Wealthy Affiliate University Scam or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonknickers View Post
You seem to like picking fights as a serial mr nasty in order to get people to your blog... oh dear, I feel cheated, I thought we had something special , but you are doing it to every person that steps on your website - I take it you own scam.com and think we are pimping on your turf ? I wish it were true, but it's not, I just come here to see if there is any real news about court cases, and how for my affiliates to avoid scams. First point will be to tell them to watch out for the scam trolls here that are really affiliates in disguise that get off on bullying other members in a very web 1.0 way.
Thanks for the visit and contribution.

In case you do not know this yet the link in my signature is not that old. For the first 9-10 months I had no links.

And as I stated to you before you and bwh1 are the only two antagonists that I have had for a very, very, long time, and it has been basically about the same general issue.

I do not like it when inferior products are being promoted as though they were superior and that there are no better choices available for less money.

No, this is not even similar to the other thread in any way. Except maybe in the differences of what each person finds acceptable in marketing practices, and the defense of questionable products for the cost.

Free Tools and Resources for making money online: Raief.com.

26 free videos on how to create a web business.

Last edited by gregw2 : 03-20-2010 at 04:51 PM.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Silver Member

NOT a scam, I did my BEST learning here on the internet and they made me thousands and I mean THOUSANDS with the learning I was given.

Its a scam cause you people are LAZY and don't want to do the hard work you got to do to make money online.

Trust me, you can't make cash easily at all, it takes hours of planning and advertising to steady your cash flow.

DONT BE LAZY AND KNOCK SOMETHING IF YOU CANT DO IT

Old 03-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianM View Post
NOT a scam, I did my BEST learning here on the internet and they made me thousands and I mean THOUSANDS with the learning I was given.
So tell us, Brian,

is the Wealthy University Scam where you learned to run all those cash gifting sites you so proudly promoted here and on the 'net ????

Are you saying that someone who is scammed by Wealthy University is lazy, but someone who makes a buck by running cash gifting scams ISN'T lazy AND a criminal ????

Old 03-21-2010, 01:01 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
So tell us, Brian,

is the Wealthy University Scam where you learned to run all those cash gifting sites you so proudly promoted here and on the 'net ????

Are you saying that someone who is scammed by Wealthy University is lazy, but someone who makes a buck by running cash gifting scams ISN'T lazy AND a criminal ????
This thread is now bringing in some self proclaimed heavy hitters.

I just wrote an email to a student of mine tonight and thought that I would share it, because it is directly related to this thread, and many others.

By the way, I do not charge my students.

Hey E,

The most important thing is not to lose sight of your goals.

You are number one, and never forget that.

If you place yourself as second you will always be last or second.

It is a very hard road to traverse for most.

Most successful affiliate marketers fall prey to narcissism and self aggrandizement.

They think that being on the Internet gives them the cloak or shield of anonymity and that they can promote anything that is popular to make a quick buck.

I try to teach that longevity is only reached through a combination of self examination and introspection coupled with learning and discovery.

Keeping your head so to speak, and not drifting too far from your principles, will do you more good than most textbooks or religious rantings by outside forces will ever achieve.

Stay true to yourself and you will find that you will succeed in any endeavor that your path leads you upon.

Always think as your customer or the receiver of what you are writing and delivering.

How do you want to be talked to? How do you want to be recognized? How do you want people to treat you?

Approach others, your potential customers the way that you would like to be approached and you will gain their trust and their friendship.

Once a marketer takes the path of deception and deceit it is a slow death.

Spend your time learning, not spending, and you will understand what most miss or have never been taught.

Read you on the next email,

Greg

Last edited by gregw2 : 03-21-2010 at 02:38 AM.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:27 AM
Newbie Member

Wealthy Affiliate is amazing! Whoever says it isn't amazing, must have been expecting to be rich as soon as they entered their Login info. :P But seriously, Wealthy Affiliate Rocks.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:28 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregw2 View Post
Oh and in case you forgot because you are not very honest. YOU were the one that brought up Raief and started criticizing it and making the claims.
I brought up Raief ? Each post of yours mention several times to visit it, how great it is, all the free stuff (in details) and now you're saying that I brought it up?

Quote:
I am the one that refuted your lies and insinuations. And continue to do so.
Show me where I'm lying. You didn't even answer my offer to give you double the membership fee if you proof me that WA teaches illegal stuff as you claimed they do.

And I'm the liar ?

Quote:
So if anyone one is spamming it is you MR WA affiliate.
LOL, no comment.

Quote:
I continue to believe and will continue to reveal the fact that there are less expensive and better products and systems than WA, for people to make choices.
Yeah, you made that already very clear several times, just this time you forgot to mention that all we need is raief.com to make money online.

G.

P.S. About FTC rules. Every top marketer (such as Chris Rempel, Kevin Riley, Jeff Johnson, Frank Kern and similar) does add a disclosure to his sites and even email campaigns, so please don't spread BS that you don't need it, OK.

Nothing worse then bad legal advice which can cost you money.

BREAKING NEWS: Join my Free Make Money Course www.FreeAffiliateMarketingTraining.org

Old 03-23-2010, 06:36 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwh1 View Post
I brought up Raief ? Each post of yours mention several times to visit it, how great it is, all the free stuff (in details) and now you're saying that I brought it up?

Show me where I'm lying. You didn't even answer my offer to give you double the membership fee if you proof me that WA teaches illegal stuff as you claimed they do.

And I'm the liar ?

LOL, no comment.

Yeah, you made that already very clear several times, just this time you forgot to mention that all we need is raief.com to make money online.

G.

P.S. About FTC rules. Every top marketer (such as Chris Rempel, Kevin Riley, Jeff Johnson, Frank Kern and similar) does add a disclosure to his sites and even email campaigns, so please don't spread BS that you don't need it, OK.

Nothing worse then bad legal advice which can cost you money.
I did not give you legal advice. I simply said to do some of your own research and read the documents, the FTC guidelines (which are not rules by the way), and read the FTC interviews, simply do your own research instead of relying on others interpretations. You may find out that what you have been led to believe is not wholly true.

I did address your offer (twice) so I do not know what reality you reside in but it plainly is not the one on this thread.
I told you to take your money and put it to some good use, such as invest in some software or a better program or system than WA.
I plainly stated that I have no use for WA any longer, and why would I rejoin a program that I found lacking and that I disagreed with some of what they taught?
That would not make any sense at all. Read the posts.
I challenged you to take your cash and use it somewhere beneficial, since you are so stuck on WA you could open your eyes and look outside of that box.
I see clearly now that you do not want to do any of your own investigations.
Or you would have read the FTC guidelines and interviews for yourself.
I too, made the mistake of misunderstanding them due to all of the fright posts in forums and blog sites across the net, that came out before they were published.
Read them, and the follow up interviews and you might just learn something other than what you are told by some others.

Again, I do not recall ever saying illegal stuff or using those exact words. You have a way of creating words that I do not use. A sad commentary, but not surprising given the fact that you do not see anything wrong with using content from other websites.

I said black hat and gray hat tactics were taught when I was a member. Fake affiliate review sites with fake content, fake reviews, and fake comments are techniques that were endorsed. This is one of the reasons I quit.

You may think that this is just a personal choice for someone to make, but I disagree. There are many other marketers online that have similar principles as mine. And, there are many marketers online that follow the creed that anything is okay, as long as you do not get caught. These types of marketers have a foul stench and a cloud of deceit that follows them. Some have a strong stench, and others a mildly uncomfortable odor.

Which category you choose for yourself is a personal choice, but when it comes to the customer and the consumer the fouler the stench that surrounds a marketer the greater chance for a reputation of deceit to become evident.

The more often that black hat and gray hat techniques are used by a marketer the more chance for customer alienation, dissatisfaction, and general disillusionment toward marketers in general. In other words when faulty products and programs are promoted the more callused the consumers become, and this hurts all marketers even the ones that are tying hard to be honest and above board in their endeavors.

I will again say what I have said on this thread and others. When I was a member there were some things that I liked about WA and there were some things that I learned, but there were things that I disagreed with that outweighed the good elements of the site. So I chose to quit. I also chose to quit promoting them after only two months into my membership, because of some of the techniques that were being taught.

And, again, I will say that there are better places to learn online than WA that are less expensive. There are some that are more expensive, but there are choices and you appear to promote WA without looking into any others.

Last edited by gregw2 : 03-23-2010 at 07:06 AM.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:19 AM
I am new at Scam.com

After researching Wealthy Affiliate and being directed to this thread...I began reading all the comments on the subject of whether Wealthy Affiliate University was a scam or not...You know what I forgot why I was here! All I can say is.....In this corner is grega2 and in this corner comes bwhi

Honestly guys...I think I'll stick with Chris Ferrell. He a no nonsense straight up guy...especially for the "Newbies" But thanks, I learned alot from my visit here.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:06 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawfood View Post
After researching Wealthy Affiliate and being directed to this thread...I began reading all the comments on the subject of whether Wealthy Affiliate University was a scam or not...You know what I forgot why I was here! All I can say is.....In this corner is grega2 and in this corner comes bwhi

Honestly guys...I think I'll stick with Chris Ferrell. He a no nonsense straight up guy...especially for the "Newbies" But thanks, I learned alot from my visit here.
Chris is cool, although I would recommend anyone researching Wealthy Affiliate to first try their free tutorials as they will definitely make one more informed as to whether this place is for them

Old 04-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Gold Member

Chris is cool?

Chris is one of the most honest, forthright, and sincere, people online today.

You should take a moment and feel how lucky you are to encounter someone like Chris Farrell in your lifetime.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Newbie Member

A scam is something that is deliberately set up to take people's money and give nothing back in return.

I think people throw "scam" around too much without understanding what it really means.

Yes, there are free information on the web to show you how to learn Internet marketing.

It's up to you whether or not you have more time than money or how much you value your time.

Wealthy Affiliate...I looked into a few years ago and became a member for a very short time and decided it was not for me.

I already understood marketing and there was not a whole lot there to keep me interested in paying that monthly fee (at least at that time).

The information was presented in an un-organized way to me. I'm ADD...and unless there's some kind of structure or organization to the training it's a nightmare for me to get through it all.

The forum was a nightmare to read all the posts and make sense of everything when everyone has an opinion as to what to do.

All Wealthy Affiliate is give you the information and tools to help you understand Internet marketing so you can get up and running making money.

It's up to you to do the work and put in the effort.

Take the trial and see how you like it. If you don't like how they teach, what they teach or the environment, then just cancel.

WA is not for everybody.

The key with any kind of paid training program is to get into profit mode ASAP. The training should give all the necessary skills to get you there.

If you're a slow learner or don't have much time to devote to training, you may want to look at a more simpler training program (a cut to the chase kinda of training) or a quality free training site.

In my humble opinion..

Old 04-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
So tell us, Brian,

Ah another jealous and dumbfounded person. Of course Wealthy Affiliate is where I did all my learning and guess what? It was done to Cash Gifting and EVERY SINGLE MARKETING I DO ONLINE. MLM's TOO! Got a problem with that? GOOD. I love it when people hate on the rich, that makes me laugh hardcore. I beat the system and WILL beat any system on the market TODAY with the internet marketing knowledge I was given with Wealthy Affiliate YEARS AGO

Old 04-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregw2 View Post
Chris is cool?

Chris is one of the most honest, forthright, and sincere, people online today.

You should take a moment and feel how lucky you are to encounter someone like Chris Farrell in your lifetime.

Take a chill pill man,

Chris Farrell is a very smart businessman (see his JV with Kevin Potts)

Coupling this with a TRUE desire to help people (which Chris has) simply allows him to make more money.

Which is exactly how it should be (and which is taught instrincially at Wealthy Affiliate)

Old 04-12-2010, 11:50 PM
Affiliate Marketer

I have been a member of WA for almost 3 years. I've been scammed a lot prior to signing up to WA and I actually told myself that WA will be the last thing I'd try... I never looked bad, never had any regrets.

My ONLY income comes from the Internet, and while I am not rich I live very comfortably. What I really enjoy about WA is the FORUM and resources because even though I considered myself as a knowledgeable marketer, every time I log into Wealthy Affiliate site I always learn something new... A new strategy, a new technique, etc.

By all means it is not a scam ;)

Old 04-15-2010, 03:23 AM

Wealthy Affiliate definitely rocks

Old 04-15-2010, 03:39 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianM
I love it when people hate on the rich, that makes me laugh hardcore
Hate on the rich ????

How is talking to a wannabe punk forum nobody like "BrianM" hating on the rich ????

You gotta be kidding me.

I think you got too close to that last storm you pretended to chase and the electrical field interfered with your ability to process information.

"BrianM" = "the rich"

HaHaHaHaHahaHaHa.

That's funnier than reading a David Bent Aerial sermon about sinning and sinners.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:19 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BilldaCowboy View Post
Take a chill pill man,

Chris Farrell is a very smart businessman (see his JV with Kevin Potts)

Coupling this with a TRUE desire to help people (which Chris has) simply allows him to make more money.

Which is exactly how it should be (and which is taught instrincially at Wealthy Affiliate)
What you seem to not grasp is that people are looking for systems that teach in an organized manner and when they receive more than what they expect for their investment they are profoundly happy.

WA affiliate does not offer this and Chris Farrell's site does. His is one of the very few sites that will generate a custom video for you when you have an issue or problem understanding a principle or a technique, for no additional cost.

WA affiliate is not organized as well as Chris Farrell's site nor does it offer one-on-one instruction. At least it did not when I was a member. And there are much better paid courses online.

If you want forums and scattered information you can do online searches and find out the information online for free.

My whole point of this is that you need to take the chill pills that you are prescribing and look outside of your WA world and see that other, better sources and solutions are online today for less cost.

I never called WA a scam. I just pointed out that there are better alternatives for less money.

You do not have to take my word for it. I have now been in Internet Marketing for 4 years (time flies by doesn't it?).

Right now I can name 4 courses that are better than WA and much cheaper but I will not name them unless the moderators allow me to.

Each course is focused on a slightly different aspect of marketing but teach anyone that follows them and uses them how to make a living online (not just a few dollars here and there).

2 of the courses are from the UK, 1 is from Australia-NZ, and 1 is from the US. All of them teach enough to begin making a living online if put into practice, and cost far less than WA.

Enough said.

Last edited by gregw2 : 04-17-2010 at 10:33 PM.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:19 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I came here looking for information about a lottery scam and low & behold there is a post about wealthy affiliate university! Somewhere I only joined 2 weeks ago!

Well I am what you might call a "newbie" to Internet marketing and it took me a long time deciding if wealthy affiliate was right for me or not.

My problem was what they offer because to me it seemed to good to be true. $39 is a lot of money to me but even to me I couldn't understand why it wasn't a lot more like the other similar sites? Maybe I was wrong thinking like that but it is what made me concerned.

After my second week has just finished I think it's a perfect program for me because I am learning slowly. I do see others complaining about not getting training at a quicker rate but its just right for me.

From what I can see the 2 owners are really active in the forum and I think this is the best part of the website. There are lots of people in there every day and also some people from in here!

There is also some great stuff in there from people like pot pie girl who is really good with Squidoo (what I am using at the moment) and Travis Sago who is that cool bum marketing guy! Most of his posts are older but he has a really great way of making people like me understand things better!

There is also a really helpful guy there called Marcus and he is the affiliate coach for new members. His wealthy affiliate for free website was what made me join because his guide explained everything in such detail and he really does so much for his members.

So I know everyone feels different for all the programs online but I just wanted to say that it is perfect for someone like me. Not everyone is the same I know but it's a great education for the new guy!

Thanks and nice meeting you all :)

Bob W