report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Auction Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2010, 01:22 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: PoliceAuctions.com a Scam?

Although PoliceAuctions could be considered the more reputable site buyer beware for them and PropertyRoom.com. Police Auctions sales are not from property rooms but other sellers that found a forum through them. Knowing this I bid on a "Geneva" watch on PoliceAuctions and won.You see the quotes. That watch was not an authentic Geneva. As soon as I tried to set the time the dial fell off and then the entire face popped up. I will credit their consumer department, they paid for its return BUT I'm still waiting for a refund. As for PropertyRoom.com I recently won 5 auctions and paid for 5 seperate shipping fees. They shipped them all together for a total shipping of $78! I'm still awaiting a reply from them. You would be far better off looking for jewelry and the like on bidz.com which looks suspiciously like PoliceAuctions or ebay for everything else.
Hopefully this post will save some people some heartaches and headaches.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:43 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I would very much like to know why they never return phone calls or respond to emails.

I spoke to one of their sales rep/customer service rep and told him that I used their own email messaging service using my legitimate user name, my legitimate email address, and my legitimate login password so why is it they never respond to my emails. His response was we get thousands of emails and mine must have been tagged as a scam (junk). I said then how is it ever one was tagged. His response was I don't know. I guess they do not want to answer because what ever they say is written and would be legal in court.

Old 03-05-2010, 03:50 AM
Newbie Member

Yep, same thing happened to me, so called diamond earrings worth 210, took it to have it appraised and his diamond tool didn't even light up, fake!!! and is worth 15.00. Everyone contact 7 om your side and as many media agencies as possible and expose these crooks!

Old 03-05-2010, 03:59 AM
Newbie Member

I found out about this bogus company through a news program, if anyone remembers which agency did a story on them I would like to contact that same agencies and let them know they sell fake diamond jewelry !

Old 03-05-2010, 05:23 AM
Newbie Member

I just spoke to the customer service rep "Elaine" at ajewelryauctions@gmail.com. I asked why the diamond earrings they sold on propertyroom.com was appraised at 15.oo and was not genuine diamond, I also told her that there were a few others here who experienced the same and asked why they sell fake diamonds. She replied that they assume there are genuine when they buy from their distributor etc. Can the others who also bought fakes who the seller was on property.com. was the email the same agjewelry? She got a bit nasty with me and also said she never heard of anyone other claim they were fakes.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:45 AM
Newbie Member

I also joined their facebook fan page and exposed them there, I suggest you do the same.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:05 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morganna777 View Post
I just spoke to the customer service rep "Elaine" at ajewelryauctions@gmail.com. I asked why the diamond earrings they sold on propertyroom.com was appraised at 15.oo and was not genuine diamond, I also told her that there were a few others here who experienced the same and asked why they sell fake diamonds. She replied that they assume there are genuine when they buy from their distributor etc. Can the others who also bought fakes who the seller was on property.com. was the email the same agjewelry? She got a bit nasty with me and also said she never heard of anyone other claim they were fakes.
You do realize that you are ranting against PropertyRoom.com in the PoliceAuctions thread and that they are not the same company, don't you?

4 posts and your head is about to explode, so you didn't bother to go to the right thread. You are attacking Propertyroom in the wrong thread.

This just shows how jumbled up and confused and wrong most of these complaints are. How can you beleive anything in here, what a mess.

Old 03-06-2010, 05:39 AM
Newbie Member

I do realize that now, but They call themselves policeauctions in their site so I don't think I am the only one who calls them this, but true their actually website name is propertyroom.
I will keep my posts here until i resolve this fake diamond issue , and also make another thread about Propertyroom.com.
You are probably a rep from propertyroom since I informed them about this site, still I have a pair of earrings that a jeweler stated they are fake, and I watched his diamond tool fail to light up, so you both suck.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:01 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Don't buy anything from PoliceAuctions.com. I recently bid on a kunzite ring that the ERV was $3,000. I bid the item up to $400. and won the auction. The ring was advertised with 28 diamonds around a 5.9 carat pink kunzite. Like the other people what I received did not even resemble the item in the picture. The kunzite was white, it was in a flimsy white gold setting, and there were only 12 tiny little diamond chips in it, not the 28 diamonds they promised. I called them and they told me I could send it back. I also wrote a review about their fraudulantly advertised jewelry, which of course they never published. I wrote an email to the site, saying I thought it was terrible that they couldn't post the bad reviews along with the good one. It just shows that they are crooked if they can't publish the good and bad about an item. I am in the process of turning them into the Fair Trade Commission, and since I am a Graduate of GIA (Gem Institute of America) I am also sending them the page that advertises the ring on the police auction, that I copied, and the actual ring. Maybe someone will make sure they are closed down. I know these two groups will notify the proper authorities I did not want to send the ring back because I wanted to have it for proof of false advertiing and sales.

Last edited by jeini : 05-01-2010 at 01:04 PM.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:17 PM
I am new at Scam.com

As a follow-up; I did receive the full refund. When I talked personally with one of the representatives with Police Auctions he said although they're not responsible for the items sold by others on their site they wanted to insure customer satisfication. They would make the refund and in turn would get the money back from the original seller. With the number of complaints vs. the actual money that Police Auctions is making from these shady sellers they're still way ahead. Until that shifts buyer beware!

Old 05-11-2010, 03:27 PM
I am new at Scam.com

You're so right "UncleEdge"!!! One of the legit purchases I made through them, non-receipt postal items, they shipped everything together but of course charged me seperately for each sale. After complaining to them they gave me a partial refund. One box weighing less than 6lbs cost me over $50 in shipping! Needless to say I've ended any contact with this site.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:55 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I am not a regular poster on any sites, but I specifically registered here to write this review. I am angry and disappointed. So, here it goes. PoliceAuctions.com is a TOTAL SCAM!! I was looking to purchase something nice for my 10th wedding anniversary and stumbled onto this site. If it seems too good to be true...THEN IT IS!! I paid $124 for a stylish Elise Adoree ring. MSRP was nearly $6,000.00!! I visited the Elise Adoree site and browsed around. Now I feel like an idiot. I browsed other sites for the "high-end" products they sell (i.e. Bosovi, LoLo & Co.) and the sites ALL have the same type of graphics, imagery, jewelry photo styles, MSRP prices, fonts, and contact/registration options. I actually contacted Elise Adoree via email and received no reply. Why would such a seemingly prestigious company list MSRP prices anyway. Are we able to negotiate a lower price? It seems that it would be a fixed price, period. Anyway, I received the ring today and the "diamonds" are not as large as shown in the photo, the "smoky quartz" is scratched, and the shape of the band itself is oval instead of circular. Even the size is wrong! I did purchase another cheaper ring for $20 plus shipping, and it was junk as well. The stones were crooked and the setting was sloppy. BEWARE...SCAM...there are plenty of other places to get legit jewelry. If you want to throw your money out for junk, I have an aluminum ring I can glue some plastic to and sell you for a bargain...MSRP $1,999.00, but I'll let it go for $30.00 + $12.95 shipping! Seriously...STAY AWAY!

Old 06-16-2010, 01:44 PM
I am new at Scam.com

So I ordered something from this company. W/O checking them out. I ordered a 1.75 carot ruby ring in 5.01 grams of silver. If it doesn't weigh right. I hope they stand by there 100% money back policy.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:35 PM
I am new at Scam.com

My husband purchased what he thought were really good deals on PoliceAuctions.com. We just got the first item back today and the battery is dead. Upon researching on big purchase, a Antonio Cortalli watch we are finding that it is an unknown brand. Now we are worried about the emerald gem he bought not being real. We will be taking these items to a jeweller once we get them to have them appraised. I will let everyone know what comes of that. I am very afraid we were scammed big time. Just goes to show you can't trust anyone anymore and the buyer should beware.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:14 AM
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyingBlade View Post
I have heard of police auctions in real life that my friends went to and got some stuff, even cars for very cheap. But is this site real? Do you really get the item? Just wondering.
if is not the same thing with what you think.. this is another type of auction .. I don't think is a scam.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:40 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Vortal group host police auctions and once you join there is no way I have found to stop them from deduction their monthly fee from your credit card. The CCard company is obliged to keep the charges running and without a way to stop Vortal group from applying charges your hooked.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:56 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: PoliceAuctions.com a Scam - REALLY ? -

Thanks for the contact info as they have been billing my CCard and provide no way to cancel your account. You cant do it online as their site will give you a message saying, " there is a problem with you cancellation request", and their phone is always busy. The # you gave worked. Bless you.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:08 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecompanyresponse View Post
Thank you for posting. PoliceAuctions.com does not own the watch companies or any of the companies that produce the products sold on its site.

As a policy, we don't list sources or competitive information in blogs, so we will not discuss our product sourcing.

If you are uncomfortable with the products, we recommend that you don't bid on them. If you buy one and don't like it, return it to us for 100% refund. We're doing our best to be consumer friendly and stand behind the customer 100%. Thanks again.
I, too, am concerned, because when I viewed ten or twenty pages of watches, I did not see one brand I was familiar with. I saw what was purported to be very expensive watches, but not one brand that I recognized. I did not see one Rolex, Brietling, Cartier, Zenith, Ball, Patek Phillipe, Vaceron Constatine, Chopard, or Audemars Puguet.

I don't understand a site that is selling or auctioning hundreds of watches they say are worth thousands, yet not one known brand? Not even one Rolex? Really? I'm supposed to believe that you have all these watches that are worth all these dollars and you don't have even one mainstream high-dollar watch?

I'd never buy a pig in a poke, nor would I bid on a watch I've never heard of. I don't even know if these are quartz or automatic. Complications don't make an expensive watch--quality swiss movement does.

I will consider bidding on a watch when I see a brand I recognize. Then, and only then, will I have an idea of its' true value.

FYI: Perhaps if one looked up some of these watches for sale in a watch "blue book", a book that values watches like cars, then one might get a better idea of what's what.