report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Auction Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Banned

Re: PoliceAuctions.com a Scam?

Ran the parent company 'Vortal Group Inc.' through a Google search today and found three rather interesting results.

From16JAN2009, ripoffreport.com,
Quote:
Police Auctions.com - Vortal Group
10061 Talbert Ave. #204
Fountain Valley California 92708
U.S.A.
Phone: 877-677-3040

Submitted: Friday, January 16, 2009
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2009
Bought a 1600 ctw "Emerald" and a 1000 ctw "Ruby". Both gems tested by gemologist; sent off and tested. Emerald came back as commercial grade borite (Emeralds belong in this family of stones) and Ruby had been stained so much, dye was comming off in the wrapped tissue. No farther testing was done to determine what gem the Ruby was exactly. Only seven day return policy = no time to have tested. 7 days-mail route time of 3-4 days-testing time of 3-4 days.

Russ
Broken Bow NE 68822, Nebraska
U.S.A.
From 27FEB2009, ripoffreport.com,
Quote:
Vortal Group, Inc. - Policeaucton.com
www.policeAuction.com
Fountian Valley California 92708
U.S.A.
Phone: 877-6773040

Submitted: Friday, February 27, 2009
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2009
I got my ring today,Is was not as it was shown in photo. They Altered The band part of ring it was thined out and not evenly or in the middle. I would of never bid on a ring that was mis sized or made unevenly,almost 1/2 the band was gone. They stated the size, showed the ring. The photo wasn't of my ring. It had to be a smaller size the just thined it out to make a new size.

I fell cheated. Then I have to pay to return it in 7 days and pay a restocking fee. And pay again to get another one ,f they had one. They did wrong not, I paid them right away. They even delayed senting it by 2 days.Iwas a1st time buyer. I try-ed to write them,but they dumped it because it was not a good review.

Colleen
Coweta, Oklahoma
U.S.A.
From 23JUN2009, ripoffreport.com
Quote:
Police Auctions Vortal Group Inc
10061 Talbert #204
Fountain Valley California 92708
U.S.A.
Phone: 714-9634900
Web Address:

Submitted: Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 2009
I purchased this bracelet at this police auction and they said it was gold and diamonds on the display picture i took it too a jewler and he said it wasnt worth anything They claimed it would sell for 900 hahahahaha. I calle them back and ask for a refund he laugh oh your time limit has passed which was when they shipped it i paid 87 for it . I would not recomend buying anything from this police auction

Rick
quincy, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecompanyresponse
If someone disputes a description, they get a 100% refund.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecompanyresponse
However, we are not jerks about the 7 days, and we can't find a single instance in our records of refusing a refund that was up to 30 days late in arriving.
Bold highlights added by me.

There were two more also, a older one from MAR2006 and another from SEP2009.

If you have had dealings with this company and had a problem you can file a complaint with the BBB at http://www.la.bbb.org/ComplaintDetai...anyID=13164859.

If you feel that it is warranted you can also file a complaint with the California Office of the Attorney General at http://www.ag.ca.gov/consumers/general.php

Last edited by nomaxim : 12-03-2009 at 04:28 PM.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:45 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecompanyresponse View Post
This is a smear post made anonymously by someone who has posted exactly once on scam.com.

This post is so obnoxious is doesn't really deserve a reply, but it's our policy to respond, so we will.

The watch brands are real, the testimonials are real, and there is no shill bidding.
Hello, you will say that I have only posted once but I'd like to i understand why those brand are this expensive and at the same time, this unknow.
Bosovi http://www.bosovi.com/

LoLo & Co http://www.loloandco.com/

( If you google "LoLo & Co" you'll just find non-sens results)

antonio cortalli
Did you know that you're the only website who knows this brand ?
proof here:

Landoux Designer
http://www.landoux.com/

Raphael leon
http://www.raphaelleon.com/

All this brand are unknow but you seems to know them, do they have a shop somewhere in the world? maybe at Dubai like other prestigious brand ?

Also, I noticed that all websites of this "designer" look like each-other
-they all are in Flash

-Websites are in the center of the screen

-They all display MSRP prices for each product ( it's a non-sens in luxury market)

-If you pay atention of the name of the flash file of websites
http://www.loloandco.com/
and
http://www.bosovi.com/
You will notice that they named the same way
lolo.swf

bosovi.swf

- Also, we can see that the code of each websites are similare

ofcourse, I can be wrong

Also, just to let you know, I do a research for each thing i'm about to buy ( just to see if i'm buying the right things at the right price

My english isn't perfect so thank you for reading me.
Have a good day :)

Old 12-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Banned

I don't know as to why you would go about looking at the coding instead of just checking the WhoIs info for the websites. All seven of the following websites are registered to;
Quote:
Prodori Inc
9595 Wilshire blvd ste 900
Beverly Hills, California 90212
United States
+1.3103008409
Here are the links to the WhoIs info along with the creation dates.
WhoIs for Bosovi.com created 10FEB2009.
WhoIs for Loloandco.com created on 16DEC2008.
WhoIs for Raphaelleon.com created on 10JUL2008.
WhoIs for Landoux.com created on 10OCT2008.
WhoIs for Antoniocortalli.com created on 21NOV2008.
WhoIs for Prodori.com created on 6Aug2009.
WhoIs for Cortalli.com created on 21NOV2008.

Per DomainTools there are 16 more somewhere,
Quote:
"Prodori Inc" owns about 23 other domains
And all of the sites have the same ICANN registar and host(GoDaddy) and all have the same IP,
Quote:
IP Address:
IP Location:
United States - Arizona - Scottsdale - Godaddy.com Inc.
Using Whitepages.com a reverse number search for '3103008409' shows it to be a unlisted number in Beverly Hills, CA. And a reverse address search gives 78 returns for that one suite. But, I'm guessing that this one is most relative;
Quote:
Virtual Office Centers
9595 Wilshire Blvd, Ste 900
Beverly Hills, CA 90212-2509
(310) 300-8490
There is a business registration for them with the CASoS, they were just registered on 19AUG2009 (not even four months ago).
Quote:
PRODORI, INC.
Number: C3225332 Date Filed: 8/19/2009 Status: active
Jurisdiction: California
Address
9595 WILSHIRE BLVD STE 900
BEVERLY HILLS, CA 90212
And none of the websites I've found so far are older then 14 months.

I'd point out that some of the products appear to be sold on Ebay, C-raigslist and other places also.

For example;
Bosovi wacth on Ebay.
Raphael Leon Watch on C-raigslist.

I ran a Google search for 'Bosovi', 'Raphael Leon', and 'LanDoux' (without quotes) and I cannot find anything posted about any of them prior to 2008.

Did find this at RipOffReport from 6Aug2009.
Quote:
Vortal Group, Inc.
3182 Pullman St
Costa Mesa California 92626
U.S.A.
Phone: 877-677-3040

Submitted: Thursday, August 06, 2009

The police auction website better know as www.policeauctions.com offers watches called Landoux watches which is what i purchased and in the listing it states that the watch is 18k gold and is worth 21,999.00 when i took the watch to a few jewelry stores in the diamond district in new york, ny i was told the watch was worth less the 100.00 and that they have never heard of Landoux watches. I have paid over 1,000.00 thinking that the value was really 21,999.00 i would never recommend anyone doing business with vortal group which is the same company as www.policeauction.com they cannot be trusted do not waste your money on anything on there site because they will rip you off.

Ggirl
bronx, New York
U.S.A.

Last edited by nomaxim : 12-08-2009 at 11:35 AM.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:14 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Scam

I'm finding out the hard way

Old 12-31-2009, 12:47 PM
Stevers

This site is soooo bogus. I paid $32.00, plus $12.00 shipping for what I thought was a collectible, signed print from a known artist. Just got it in the mail, its nothing more than a cheap and poorly reproduced copy with water smears. Not only that, I got an email from them for "a second chance" to purchase the same item for $76.00. The one item I thought was clearly one of a kind was a mounted Atlas Moth, but saw today they have the same item and photo listed today. I spent over $100 this past week on this site, can't wait to see how badly I've been burned as the
purchases roll in.
Don't even consider buying from this site. Bogus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy New Year!!

Old 12-31-2009, 01:27 PM
Stevers

This website is nothing more than piss, a scam all the way. Stay away. Believe me, I learned my lesson. Just a casual surfer.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:19 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Well ODDLY ENOUGH... Im doing my own due diligence on this company and While going through the testimonials page i found that A gentleman from Puerto Rico (supposedly) became a member, won and auction and received the product ALL IN THE SAME DAY... My guess is that with a turn around like that there is no wonder why they insist on a 7 day return period.

Date : December 31, 2009

" Thank you very much. Thi is a beautil watch,"Wow". from:Vega Baja,Puerto Rico "

User : aielmar

Dont believe me? look it up...

Page 4, 3rd one down... Keeping in mind that this may or may not be there by time you get to it. It will either have moved because more testimonials were added or removed to bring into question my credibility.

And... Yes... In the name of the devils advocate. Its possible that this person was just so excited over the auction that they had won that they felt the need to post a testimonial before ever receiving the product in hand but, realistically, what are the chances???

SUGGESTION!!!

Contact 7 on your side (LA Area), do a google search for it, and put in a "tip" and explain your situation and let them know about your experience and maybe they will do a segment on it... If they get enough complaints Im sure they will... It will expose them to the public, and the pressure will be on for them to make good on everything. Plus you might even get to appear on TV. :)

Old 01-01-2010, 03:42 PM
I am new at Scam.com

AND IF THAT ISNT ENOUGH...

Date : December 31, 2009

" a very nice collectible card my husband really liked it. Thank you it is a great side9/31/09 "

User : george1939

Notice how this person has been a member since NOVEMBER (11) Third (03), 2009... BUT They are leaving feedback on December 31, 2009 for an item that they reference back on the 31st of SEPTEMBER (9) of this year (2009)... Only thing is... September only has THIRTY DAYS to it.

Not only are these people inconsistent but they arent too terribly bright either...

Old 01-02-2010, 08:06 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I have purchased from the property room .com...and kept the bids low and have been weel pleased. The products shipped out immediately and were worth (small bids) what I received. I kept to bidding on the new items and for gift purposes. Neices and nephews love what they have received. I have a return in the process for one item that I was dissatisfied with...hoping that the return will be accepted and without restocking fees...After property room receives my return...they will surely understand and not charge a restocking fee.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:43 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I am also a new member @ policeauctions.com. I won bid on a pretty nice picture of a watch yesterday. I sorta expect it to be what it shows, based on what I've read here. I do feel better now about the fact that if something is legitimately wrong, I probably wont be stuck with it, (except the shipping, cause 2 ways at 14 makes it close to $30 down the drain IF THAT WERE THE CASE) there should be a better way to rectify without damaging the trusting consumers pocket. On the other hand... I am impressed by the endurance of the person posting for policeauctions.com. It seems that if this person is indeed a true representative of the company, then the company holds consumer satisfaction in very high regard. That says something good about any company. Many simply DO NOT CARE what you have to say. "If you don't like it don't buy it, no one forced you to." This being said, I will also point out that I had experienced some uncertainties about the process that made me a little un-easy. Each of those has been covered here, and I feel a little better a couple things.
My first concern was about a "bot-bidder". An explanation has been offered for that above,which makes sense. Next the validity of the direct buy prices and the suggested retail price?? I suppose.. the brand names, I will admit I searched and didn't find info about either, which made me uneasy. However.. if they are designed the way they appear, with the gemstones as they are discribed, with the movements as they are described, then I don't care much about the brand because quality is obviously there. If you have a watch that resembles a rolex -swiss movement, and full of gems.. (diamonds), and built like a brick spit house, then it's worth some money.. Maybe not quite the 15K it says is the srp, but still probably at least what you're paying for it, if not much more. I've yet to see more than $600 spent on a piece that shows a 15k value. But!!!!--- Dear Policeauctions.. hear ye! I paid for the extended membership hoping to find some really great deals on vehicles and boats.. and EVERYTHING I see is EXPENSIVE.. Come on!!! I was hoping to get something nice for, well NEXT TO NOTHING.. I had your back cause you deserved it.. Now hook a bidda up!!

Old 01-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Banned

hello policeauctions.com SCAM......

let's look at that: POLICEAUCTIONS.COM onlineauction a icetime watch BDP(buy direct price) $1,180.00 (where is this comming from??!!!) the bid start $1. winning bid was
$60.00 +4.95 tx+12.95 +shipping=$77.90 WOW this seem's a great deal......
you can buy direct at icetime international watch exotic for $354.00 new ,not $1,180.00 . or you can buy it at clearancemarket,com "icetime exotic watch 4 men...." for $ 89.00 shipping free.
ok, you got that . The scam is the lure with the "$1,180.00"

MEAN ALL THE MSRP and BDP policeauctions put at the top of there sale pictures, are SCAM!!!!

Last edited by buyer42 : 01-11-2010 at 11:00 AM.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:57 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecompanyresponse View Post
Hi, this is an official reply from the company. Please note it's best to contact customer support for customer service issues during business hours.

Our customer service is not open on holidays and weekends, and in America, we celebrate thanksgiving with 2 days off, which then rolls into the weekend, which is why you did not receive a reply for the past 4 days.

We do not accept PayPal internationally because PayPal does not enforce its fraud protection for sellers internationally.

We don't list or guarantee values on our website. If for whatever reason you feel you overpaid for the ring, you can return it to for 100% refund. Please note that any import fees to Canada are not refundable, so exercise caution when buying internationally.

We're happy to answer any questions you might have if you contact us during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 8-4 pacific time, not including holidays and weekends. Thank you.

How can I accept this as an official response? How would I ever know that you are really affiliated with the policeauction. What proof do I have that you are who you claim to be?
And why is it that I never received an email response from policeauction?

In the end I ended up not paying for the item my mom won, since all I'm seeing is red flags.
We won't be dealing with them in order to avoid unnecessary situations.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:50 AM
I am new at Scam.com

All of you guys are talking about this gemology. But not showing facts. I just bought an item from there and am waiting for it. I will be posting the gemology report and just to prove that they don't go reading this and chose to send me something real I have created a email address and name different from the policeauctions name i used. I also changed my IP info. So when I recieve the item I will go about checking so everyone can see which will help decide the facts on whether its real or not

Old 02-01-2010, 06:49 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I went to a few different jewelers and had the Item that I had bought which was a Silver ring plated in rhodium with Amethyst gems. The jewlers told me that the ring was beautifully crafted. They also explained to me in great detail why rings would be less then they were bought for. One reason can be is that when you buy a ring with a gem in it that has color, example - citrine or amethyst, they are often radiated to a certain amount which in turns allows them to have colors that they do. This practice lowers the gems value quite significantly and is frowned upon buy most jewelers but is not illegal to do. Also another reason is one that someone previously had mentioned about scrap materials just being melted down and reused in the making of another ring. A third reason is also that most DIAMONDS are cut for certain ring angles and can not be reused in another ring unless when its plated it has the same angle.

I hope this help people out in the experiences buying items off any website to always read the fine print and also do a little research on what you want to buy prior to buying the said item.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:17 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboyagent View Post
I have just signed up for a free membership to policeauctions.com There were lots of watches and some are very expensive. Bosovi timepiece, Antonio Cartalli, Raphael Leon, all have MSRP prices that are higher than cartier, however when you go to these so called high end watch company's web sites, they are the same. No company info and no way to look at their products, just a one page site with a contact link that requiers your info and a registrations site,and all of them are the same. Humm you don't find that at Tiffany & Co. or cartier, When I ran a who is on them, it's all the same information. When I google these high end watch companies the only thing that comes up is, Policeauctions.com and Bosovi.com etc.... how come i can't get anymore info on these companies.. it just seems strange. I feel policeauctions.com in some way own these so called high end watch company websites. creating a false market for these watches. Has anyone else done any investigating of these companies?
I also JUST purchased a few products from this site (Only because everthing
seemed legit) Now I'm really concerned! I purchased 2 watches,both
FUJI. I've searched the internet and can't find ANY info about the maker.I've also purchased 2 rings.I won't recieve any of the items for a couple days. Stupid on me because I
probably could've got these items from the gas station down the street!!

Old 02-04-2010, 03:33 AM
I am new at Scam.com

The real scam that police auctions is pulling off is on the shipping charges. My nephew runs a small business and ships between 400 and 500 packages a week. In return the major shipping company he uses cuts %70 off of his shipping rates. Police auctions will not let you bundle shipments together and this is why. So they can charge $12.95 shipping for each item. Did you really think that it costs them $12.95 to ship a ring that weighs an ounce? Have you noticed that everything costs $12.95 to ship? How much of a shipping discount do you think they receive by shipping 1000s of packages a week?

Old 02-05-2010, 06:09 PM
I am new at Scam.com

O M G!!!
i am terrified... over the past two days my self and my partner have spent over $1,500.00 on a total of 9 items... and some of them being from supposed designer names such as lolo&co watch, two alise adoree necklaces, just bling watch, and a few other cheap items... After reading all of these posting I am terribly concerned!!!!!!!! YIKES.... from what I have read, it looks like we are out of a ton of money on things that we were led to believe of good value, otherswise we WOULD NOT HAVE SPENT THIS MONEY.... I AM JUST SICK FROM READING ALL OF THIS, IM NOT SURE WHAT TO DO, OR HOW TO TELL MY WIFE, WELL THAT WE FELL FLAT INTO A SCAM, IF THATS WHAT IT IS, I GUESS WE'LL FIND OUT WHEN WE RECIEVE THE PRODUCTS.... if any one could help clue me in a little more I would appreciate it alot... I GUESS THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR A FIRST TIME BUYER AT AUCTIONS YOU JUST GET CAUGHT UP IN IT......

The auction makes statements that the items you are looking at are of value and really nice, perfect gift finders, but based on what I read I just feel cheated,

Now, if when we get the stuff and its different than what Im now expecting, I will be back on here to correct my thought and frustrations....

THANKS FOR READING

Old 02-26-2010, 10:28 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I believe they do have shifty business practices and am filing a consumer complaint on them I suggest others who feel strongly do the same. When I first signed up I bid on 6 items and all of them were outbid in a few moments, what is fishy is that even though I lost all of the auctions, shortly after I was given the second chance opportunity to buy the same items at a much higher price than what I bid for. If I paid the price they wanted I would get the goods. One item might be alright and I understand that some items are bought in lots etc, but all six? Come on.