report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Science Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2010, 06:31 PM

Re: The New Evidence That Demands a Verdict

You're right that the existence of gods can't be proved or disproved; we can't prove that Poseidon and Zeus don't exist. What we can disprove are certain details.
For example, science proved that Earth was created 4.54 billion years ago, much more than 5,000 years ago, and as a result 99% of churches teach that the creation story in Genesis is analogous, not literal in its timeline. That widespread acceptance has led to many scientists who are also Christians being able to study and contribute to scientific fields.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubJunk View Post
//

I hope you will take it seriously. You are obviously a man of intellect and experience and I think many people here will value your insight into that point should you choose to give it.
"You are obviously a man of intellect and experience."

Remember those words.
They are from a "moderator."

Quote:
SubJunk:

I fully acknowledge that I attack your character, you're a crazy person, it's just too fun to pass up. I'm not the one who supposedly believes in "turn the other cheek". Some people are just set in their ways and will never be pursuaded. No matter how much evidence you're given you will never change your mind about religion because religious faith isn't related to evidence.

It's an amount of effort that you have yet to reciprocate, nor do we even expect you to.

Before people reach their late 20s they can usually still be taught reason and therefore the capability to view the world in a rational way, but by the 30s if one hasn't learned that tool it's not likely they ever will. I assume from your condescension of youth that you're at least 50, which makes this a futile exercise.

I am, however, saying that in some cases where they were clearly taught (by others or themselves) self-deception in place of reason in their formative years (their first 30 years), they will always perceive a very different world to what we would consider our shared reality, and that's why BarackZero never actually sees what we write. It's impossible.

Old dogs can't learn new tricks unless they've already learned how to be open to learning them

I'll still reply to BarackZero as I always do to these crazy people because it's a fun way to unwind after a long day, and I encourage you all to do the same for similar reasons, but I just wanted to let you know why it's unreasonable to expect our posts to actually affect him in any way other than re-enforcing his delusions.
"As an American I am not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials." - Newt Gingrich

Old 01-29-2010, 03:19 PM

I was very frustrated when I wrote that post, and you will now notice I have removed it because I am ashamed for attacking you like that, but I have kept the quote in your post intact to show I'm not trying to erase my steps.
I think you will see that recently I have been polite towards you and offered a lot of compliments in the hopes of encouraging you to engage in a fair and balanced discussion.
You will see no more libel from me towards you, no matter what you say to me.
Here's a reminder that this thread awaits your response.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
you're a crazy person,
Quote:
it's just too fun to pass up. Some people are just set in their ways and will never be pursuaded. (SIC) No matter how much evidence you're given you will never change your mind about religion because religious faith isn't related to evidence.
For other, open-minded people, who are willing to think and learn, nota bene:

The citations offered in the thoroughly documented book are very many, and many of them were written by scholars in various fields, from history, to medicine, to the sciences. They offer a wide range of EVIDENCE. It is always, always disregarded, mocked, ridiculed, or otherwise attacked by the godless left, which is eternally hell-bent on atheism and pathological narcissism.

Quote:
It's an amount of effort that you have yet to reciprocate, nor do we even expect you to.

and that's why BarackZero never actually sees what we write. It's impossible.
Do tell.

Quote:
Old dogs can't learn new tricks unless they've already learned how to be open to learning them
Quote:

I'll still reply to BarackZero as I always do to these crazy people because it's a fun way to unwind after a long day, and I encourage you all to do the same for similar reasons, but I just wanted to let you know why it's unreasonable to expect our posts to actually affect him in any way other than re-enforcing his delusions.
How scientific of you.
How enlightened, and tolerant, and thoughtful of you, particularly since you are a "moderator."

Remember your words well.
Chew on them. They differ little from so many of your pals I have on IGNORE for that very same reason. They speak much, and say nothing.
"As an American I am not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials." - Newt Gingrich

Last edited by BarackZero : 02-04-2010 at 07:45 PM.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:08 PM

This thread

Old 02-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackZero View Post

Remember your words well.
Chew on them. They differ little from so many of your pals I have on IGNORE for that very same reason. They speak much, and say nothing.
lol. Didn't he just get made because you suggested that he doesn't read what anyone else says?

That's it barrack has to be a Poe Gone crazy. I find it hard to imagin a real person being so completly unaware of the hypocrical nature of saying that he listens and we don't than proudly stating how he puts everyone on ignore.

He has to be a Poe that forget he was a poe.