report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2010, 07:36 AM
Newbie Member

James McCallum

Hi everyone! Here is a scam I got in my mailbox that I thought I should put in here so that if anyone else encounters them & decides to google it, this page will hopefully come up! (It might SOUND legitimate to some people as well, so I thought I better post it to help others out, a payment processing scam)

Hello,

Good day to you, my name is James McCallum Iím the owner of James McCallum wildlife Art Company living and working in North Norfolk UK with my family. I was born in Wells-next-the-sea, North Norfolk on 25th April 1970 to a local family. I grew up in the area and soon became interested in wildlife and landscape. On leaving school I went on to study at art college but it was not until my early twenties that both interests were seriously combined and the outdoors chosen as a studio to draw, paint and study wildlife directly from life. In 1996 I graduated from the Royal College of Art with a masterís degree in natural history illustration and subsequently won several awards for my paintings.

My work has captures the play of light and shadow in the urban environment: the patterns cast on the street by the elevated train trestles, the windows of apartment buildings gilded at sunset, the sharp white heat of a sidewalk in high summer, or the deeply shadowed canyons between tall buildings in late autumn afternoons.

Some weeks ago,we have begun our business in United States Of America and Canada due to the high demand of our products by our customers.Due to this fast-paced growth,we are expanding our USA market and looking for overachievers to be part of the team! Our Mission is to provide the best service to our customers.We are in search of competent,efficient and honest Company driver/delivery agent who can help us establish a medium of getting to our customers in America with primary duties to include direct delivery of our products with our company car and receipt of funds from our clients in USA.All we want is an effective and a friendly Driver/delivery agent.

YOUR TASK:

Your task is to only deliver our products to our customers in your location with our company car and help us with the payment process from our customer.You will not be involved in any sales as our sales managers are in charge of that aspect for the company.You'll have a lot of free time doing your permanent job,you'll also secure good income in the process.

This Job position is Temporary and does not require a specific work time frame. All payments will be mailed directly to you via your contact address. This position became necessary when lots of payments is being received from various customers from different regions / states within the United States and Canada per day and it became very tedious to process and sort, as a result of this, the search for delivery agent to sort / process payments on behalf of the company became highly necessary.You are entitled to 10% commission for any transaction..

WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES?

You do not have to go out, as you will work as an independent contractor right from your home office,Your job is absolutely legal,You can earn more than $3000-$4000 monthly depending on how dedicated you are to this job,You do not need any capital to start,You can do the Work easily without leaving or affecting your present job,The employees who make efforts and work hard have a strong possibility to become Managers in our new office we plan on opening by January next year.

HOW TO APPLY

Full Name:
Full Contact Address:
State:
City:
Postal code:
Phone Number:
Age / Date of Birth:
Sex:
Present Job (If Any):

Get back to me with the required information's to enable us proceeds. Thanks for going through this proposal.

My warmest Regards and thanks for your anticipated assistant,

James McCallum
www.jamesmccallum.co.uk

Old 01-28-2010, 10:14 AM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Re: James McCallum

Thanks for posting that 'cash the fake check' job type scam. Did you notice the subtle changes in grammar, spelling and syntax from the first 2 paragraphs to the rest?

I googled James McCallum and discovered he really is a wildlife artist, I bet he has no idea his name and company identity have been stolen. There are ads on job posting boards for the same 'cash the fake check' job. Maybe you could check out his website and forward that email to him, to give him a heads up about what has just happened to him. That way he could possibly post a warning on his website that he is NOT hiring for payment processing clerks.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 01-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Newbie Member

Re: James McCallum

Meri, thank you for the fantastic idea!! I will definitely forward this to him, it's a shame someone would try to associate themselves with a legitimate artist and possibly ruin a bit of their reputation.