report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Corporate Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2005, 03:06 PM
Silver Member

Legit Scam...job Seekers Beware

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A JOB READ THIS CAREFULLY

In my current quest of finding a career i've been contacted by an "executive search and career advising" agency called BH Careers International aka Bernard Haldane Associates. They were quite convinving actually trying to tell me that I only had access to 20% of the job market and that 80% of available positions are never really advertised. They said they had access to a database that would put me in contact with all the "key decision makers" in big corporations, write me a new resume, and coach me in interviewing techniques. They even sent me home with some psychological test so that they could make a profile on me etc. The second time I came in there they pointed out further how ill-prepared I am in my current job search and how I should be getting a $100K job within a month if I let them "help" me. They said they'd coach me so that I would never diqualify myself from getting a position. So without hesitation I wanted to sign up for their services. But unlike most headhunters, these guys don't get paid by companies but you have to pay them...in my case $4,8000. Although shocked by the price, they assured me it was worth it and even presented me with certain financing plans. Fortunatly i'm not so desperate in my search to just pay almost 5K with no garauntees whatsoever. So I went home and checked them out with the BBB and online. Well I found out that they've been sued by several states and individuals. It is the biggest scam ever, squeezing you for your last penny when they know you're desparate to find a job. And ofcourse it turns out that they do little to help you, in fact most of the people who did pay them (sometimes upto 20K) said that they still ended up finding their own jobs. Most of the time they said they simply received a nice resume and some newspaper clippings with job info on it. And this isn't the only company of its kind.

Ofcourse you can get a professionally written resume for about $100 and thats already expensive. And interviewing coaching or career counseling classes are about $50/class at most community colleges.

In all this there is just two questions i have! 1) How do these organizations manage to stay in business for 50+yrs (BHC has been around since 1947). 2) How do these people sleep at night!!

For more info check out these links:
http://badbusinessbureau.com/reports/ripoff12122.htm
http://www.asktheheadhunter.com/teeth20031013.htm

So be careful and good luck!

Old 09-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Legit Scam...job Seekers Beware

mroels, thanks again for your input to this site!

Old 10-04-2005, 05:49 AM
Bronze Member

So, they contacted you, right? Not the other way around.
I remember you also got the Lajenuesse and Princeton scam mails from the ****** gang. Haldane and ****** know each other from way back. I heard ****** started out his new line of employment scams with Haldane.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=haldane+******
Nice, huh?

Old 10-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaas
So, they contacted you, right? Not the other way around.
I remember you also got the Lajenuesse and Princeton scam mails from the ****** gang. Haldane and ****** know each other from way back. I heard ****** started out his new line of employment scams with Haldane.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=haldane+******
Nice, huh?

Yeah they did contact me! However, I'm not too sure if they are related unless ****** gives Haldane the info they collect through their scams. Besides the Haldane guys have been around since WWII. But from what I understand Bernard Haldane, the founder, was a legit guys who ran a successful employment agency. But they got bought out by some NY investor who apparently turned the whole organization into a fraudulent one (Haldane is long gone by now). Plus, the Haldane operation is run from actual offices...no short-term scams or new websites etc... These guys are very professional in their sales techniques and contractual underwriting.. Believe me, I used to sell "fixed" salvage title cars to pay for college. (Prolly why i'm being haunted by scammers now..LMAO) Anyway these guys used all the influence and compliance techniques. Hell I almost went for it!! If it wasn't so damn expensive I would prolly not have bothered with checking the company out!...And a good thing I have horrible credit rating coz they were willing to recommend me to their bank to take out a loan!! as long as i qualified, which I never would have!...The guy was even smart enough to suggest I sign up for a new 0% for 90-days credit card and put the $5K on that. Either way people should be careful of their sales practices and the fact that the contracts they present you with have little to no consideration, which anyone having taken an intro to law will know is a must in contract law. They will give you no garauntees and often no more service than a prefessional resume writer and a college career advisor.

Klaas..hoe is alles in het oud koud kikkerlandje...former dutchie here uit Leiden..now living in the US!

Old 10-09-2005, 10:49 AM
Bronze Member

Moi Roels! Aal goud (alles goed) zegt we hier in Grunn Stad.

That's good and clear info. One has to really watch his steps all the time in the Land of Free Enterprize. It's all too often on the edges of decency. Yes, there are some pretty disgruntled Haldane customers around. However, I heard via via that there are things going on in the background to settle disagreements with a number of complainants.

Last edited by Klaas : 10-09-2005 at 10:53 AM.

Old 10-23-2005, 07:59 PM
Silver Member

About 5 years back I had an appointment with the reps from Bernard Haldane. They had a very impressive professional set up. They even had me bring my husband with me to the interview, which we thought was VERY VERY WEIRD !!!! we talked with the lady. I tooks some kind of very odd personality test. Done even remember which catagory I fell under.

The second interview was the " bait " interview.... they said that they could help me "LAND THAT JOB " .... the previous day they collected data on how much the would figure they could charge me ... the second day after a long meeting came the "offer of help" .... for a WHOPPING $4500 they could help write my resume, set me up with interview coaches and get me that $100,000 a year job !!!! Im sorry but I had just been laid off and we had just moved into our new home and just gotten married we did not have $4500 just lying around .... they tried to get us to put it on a credit card, borrow from some one .... NOT !!!! we thanked them for their time, said we needed time to think about it but it was JUST TO MUCH MONEY !!... now I dont see their ad in the paper any more .... its been a while since Ive seen it too !!!

Old 10-27-2005, 09:31 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Okay...I just got two fresh email messages today that somehow do not "smell" right. I too got the Dave Mason letter. I am going to paste here what I got to see if anyone else did too. At the bottom are the links to click on and gee...I am not as well versed as many of you are as far as searching into the codes etc. I just happen to notice the word applications in each of the links.

Does anyone know WHY they send out these types of email? If they really don't have jobs to offer why bother? For the thousands and thousands of us who are getting these wouldn't it be fun to visit them for Halloween? If we are looking for work then clearly we are doing it for a good reason - INCOME!! It really ticks me off that these nimrods have the time to put these kinds of emails together while the rest of us are trying to get real work!! Anyway, maybe someone can take a look at the message below and fill us all in. My guess is that probably half the world got the same message as I did today. Thanks for being here and for the opportunity to vent!!

I recently saw your resume online and feel you may be qualified for one of the positions our client is seeking to fill. We are a job search firm that finds employees for a variety of companies. One of our clients is expanding into your local area and I felt you might fit one or more of the positions they are trying to fill.

I have listed all the positions below

Executive Assistant
Salary Range $41,000 - $56,000 (Based on experience)
Responsibilities - General Administrative
Requirements - 3 - 5 years admin experience

Purchasing Agent
Salary Range $37,000 - $41,000
Responsibilities - Negotiating Contracts
Requirements - College Degree

Account Executive
Salary Range $40,000 (Salary) plus commission
Responsibilities - Sales (no cold calling)
Requirements - Excellent Sales Skills

Customer Service Manager
Salary Range $41,600
Responsibilities - Overseeing Customer Service Staff
Requirements - 2 years Customer service/management expereince

Management Trainee
Salary Range $41,600
Responsibilities - Working with project development team
Requirements - College Degree

Accounting Department
Salary Range $60,000
Responsibilities - Maintain Financial Records
Requirements - 5 years experience

General Manager
Salary Range $80,000 - $110,000 (Based on Quarterly Performance)
Responsibilities - Overseeing division
Requirements - 5 - 10 years exceptional leadership track record

Receptionist
Salary Range $24,000
Responsibilities - Answering Phones and Greeting visitors
Requirements - Good personal skills

Technology Liaison
Salary Range $52,000
Responsibilities - Coordinating on tech projects between the marketing and tech departments
Requirements - Basic knowledge of tech, good people skills, good problem solving abilities

If you are interested in any of the positions please click on either of the links below and fill out the online application. I will forward the information to our client and they will contact you directly for an interview.

www.applications10.com

www.applications11.com

www.applications12.com

Old 09-07-2006, 07:42 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Legit Scam...job Seekers Beware (Bernard Haldane)

Hi

I am in Canada and was stung by a firm called B H Careers located at a prestigious address in Toronto. I learned later that BH was a new name for Bernard Haldane which had been subjected to court cases etc.

Well, to cut a long story short, BH Careers took my money after telling me about the 80% unadvertised market which they had access to. They did some work on my resume and in administering a Psychological quz.

While the process was going on, BH abruptly changed its name to RD International. They told me that BH was closed and if I wanted to follow up, I should contact someone in New York. They claimed that the employees of BH Careers had started a new company named RD International.

Now, I find newspaper ads from RD International worded exactly like the old BH ads. This is a continuing scam and I am sure they claim fresh victims every day. I wonder if there is any way of stopping them.

If anyone from Canada is reading this - beware of RD International at Bay Street, Toronto.

Old 09-10-2006, 06:53 AM
Silver Member

I to did the interview thing with BH, brought my husband with me at their request. Went back to the second one where they shocked us with their $4500 fee to help me secure a professional job ..... now mind you we had just gotten married, boutgh a new house ... and they tried to pressure us into putting their fee on a credit card ..... I think NOT .....

BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think they are back again under a new name of Chandler Hill .............. they have the same add in the news papers just with a different name attached !

Old 05-29-2007, 07:21 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladystaraz
I to did the interview thing with BH, brought my husband with me at their request. Went back to the second one where they shocked us with their $4500 fee to help me secure a professional job ..... now mind you we had just gotten married, boutgh a new house ... and they tried to pressure us into putting their fee on a credit card ..... I think NOT .....

BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think they are back again under a new name of Chandler Hill .............. they have the same add in the news papers just with a different name attached !
THEIR BACK!!! hitting Atlanta and I have enough people here to start a Class Action Suit - want to join? We would do better to get our monies back if we went Nationwide. They took me for $3,000.00 and more from others. How can we alert people out there?

Old 12-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Newbie Member

Please view this link

Please visit this link from the FTC.
Even the Federal Trade Commission says to avoid anyone who tries to get you to pay them upfront to find a job.

http://ftc.gov/multimedia/video/scam...ms_eileen.shtm

Visit the FTC to file a complaint if you have been taken advantage of.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
THEIR BACK!!! hitting Atlanta and I have enough people here to start a Class Action Suit - want to join? We would do better to get our monies back if we went Nationwide. They took me for $3,000.00 and more from others. How can we alert people out there?
Yes I do wanna join. I love making lawsuits and being a "lawyer"!

Old 12-27-2009, 11:11 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I got bit too by chandler hill

unfortunately i got bit too and they claim they are still trying to help me get a job,,,thats with me doing all the footwork. $4000 lost. i heard there is or might be a class action suit,,, if anyone knows anything about this please let me know who to contact. i'd like to see them out of business. they told me and my wife that they would get me a job,,,,bull,,,im doing all the footwork

Old 01-06-2010, 12:56 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Well, those bastards got me for $6500 so far. I'm going up to their Dallas office tomorrow to throw a fit in the lobby.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Newbie Member

Fritter,
I was scammed by the Dallas office to! The took me for over $5000.
I honestly do not know how these people can live with themselves. Sure, I was ripped off by Chandler Hill Partners, but at least I can go to bed at night knowing I'm not scum like them.

How pathetic do you have to be to rip off people who are jobless?