report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Mail Order Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2008, 04:38 AM
buckboyy

Re: Maria Duval

You are correct Squeegeeash, Maria Duval is full of crap. I received plenty of mailings from her promising everything from the sun to a world cruise. All of them had a 5-10 page letter telling me how wonderful, but unfortunate, I have been. She makes sure she uses my name in every paragraph. I sent her money once for a book to see if she was legitimate or not. I did get a book that she wanted back in 1 year, but no good luck came with it, just more offers. It was $30.00

When I got the book she let it be known that by itself, the book wasn't going to be enough help to keep me safe and begged me to buy several other items at $35.00 each. I didn't purchase anything else. After many more letters and me finally telling her she was a scam and a fake, I stopped getting mail from her.

My first letter from her was quite remarkable because she told me things no one else would know without asking me. I have a friend who did time for fraud and was a con-artist. He explained to me how these bogus psychics get information about you before they ever contact you. Then they might file the information for 6 months to a year so you forget who and when you gave out this private info. If they find out you are going through some hard times they then start mailing you to catch you while you are down and in need.

They tell you private information so you will think they have some kind of special power. They get as personal as possible to build your trust and then hit you with their money-making offers. For some people, the worse their problems are, the more money they are willing to pay to end their woes.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:53 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Does anyone have the mailing address to Maria Duval?

Thanks

Old 03-31-2008, 05:05 AM
Newbie Member

[quote=mynievegrandpa;496457]Does anyone have the mailing address to Maria Duval?

Try one of these. She uses many for obvious reasons.

National Parapsychology Center
1650 Elm Street
Suite 301
Manchester, N.H. 03101

435 W. 44th Street
New Yor, N.Y. 10036-4402

175 Fifth Avenue
Suite 2195
New York, N.Y. 10010

251 W. 30th Street
Suite 1600
New York, NY. 10001-2810

1414 Place Bonaventure
Montreal Qc. Canada H5a 1H3

An older address she use to use was:
315 W. 70th Street
New York, N.Y. 10023

Old 03-31-2008, 07:32 AM
Banned

All i got to say is if you ended up on this scam mailing list...prepare to really get it. They do not stop sending letters to you for years...

Lorenzo, LLC

Old 04-16-2008, 02:16 AM
Grumpy 40'something

Some have voiced that Maria Duval is 'full of crap'. This is not completely true, for the sole reason that she does in fact not exist - and never did. Maria Duval is the brainchild of Italian born astrologer Carolina Gambia. She formed the Astroforce company, and sold it to a group of Hong-Kong based entrepreneurs some ten years ago, along with the rights to use her character. This move has paid off rather well so far. I am happy for those of you who have experienced exceedingly good luck, and you can rest assured that it stems from some other source than Maria Duval and her costly talismans.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:51 PM
Banned

She send me a letter saying to wear a ring of Re. To get good luck. Not!!!

Old 03-02-2009, 03:31 PM
I am new at Scam.com

On January 27, 2009 I sent Maria Duval and Destiny Research a $45 check for my astral-clairvoyant forecast for 2009. To this date I haven't received anything from her regarding my forecast. The only thing that I have gotten from her was more letters requesting more money for more bull crap stuff. I don't trust this woman. I've filed at least 3 complaints about this woman. I advise no one to trust her. She's a RIPOFF and a SCAM!

Old 03-02-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alannah2008 View Post
On January 27, 2009 I sent Maria Duval and Destiny Research a $45 check for my astral-clairvoyant forecast for 2009. To this date I haven't received anything from her regarding my forecast. The only thing that I have gotten from her was more letters requesting more money for more bull crap stuff. I don't trust this woman. I've filed at least 3 complaints about this woman. I advise no one to trust her. She's a RIPOFF and a SCAM!

As are all astral-clairvoyants...

Even if you received the product, you must know that its fake....right?

Last edited by bibleman : 03-02-2009 at 05:10 PM.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:48 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:

Maria Duval refunded me..she is not scam.

Last edited by bibleman : 03-31-2009 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Took Out HyperLink

Old 07-23-2009, 08:08 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I am posting this in response to the number of messages.
I think that his scam as affected alot of people who probably dont even know they have been scamed.
I nearly got caught myself, but as my partner said if she/they were that physcic and they had such a strong conection with me, then how come she/they didn't know that I do not and never will possess a credit card.
It just amazes me that in this day and age that people are still falling for this type of scam, and I find it a real shame that people are still willing to send money and support this/these people.
Also the only people that are getting rich from this are the people that are receiving the money that (and I'm sorry to say this) the fools that are falling for this nonsense.
Wake up people the letters are repetative, and really make no sense apart from the fact that if you read something over and over and over again you will believe it.
Also I'm pretty sure there are alot of world aide organisations that could have put the money to better use than lining the pockets of some people who do not even deserve a mention.

And I also hope that no one else falls for this, my only advice is to google her name and you can find out how many peoples lives and hearts have been broken by this scam.
Also don't be surprised if the people that are leaving positive comments on this page are all the "Maria Duvals"........of his world.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:35 AM
straightfoward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynievegrandpa View Post

Thanks
I have a current address for her it is Destiny research center
1285 Baring Blvd #409
Sparks NV 89434-8673

unfortunatly I just mail out fourty five to her for the wheel of fortunes that is supposed to bring peace and fortune

Old 10-19-2009, 04:41 AM
Newbie Member

[quote=Gifted;497784]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynievegrandpa View Post

Try one of these. She uses many for obvious reasons.

1650 Elm Street
Suite 301
Manchester, N.H. 03101

435 W. 44th Street
New Yor, N.Y. 10036-4402

175 Fifth Avenue
Suite 2195
New York, N.Y. 10010

251 W. 30th Street
Suite 1600
New York, NY. 10001-2810

1414 Place Bonaventure
Montreal Qc. Canada H5a 1H3

An older address she use to use was:
315 W. 70th Street
New York, N.Y. 10023
Her latest address is:
Destiny Research Center
1285 Baring Blvd #409
Sparks NV 89434-8673

As you can see, this person/organization "a.k.a. Maria Duval" changes their addresses frequently, and you can certainly expect to see more if this in the future. They have been doing this for over two decades now! As one writer said here, "Maria Duval" doesn't exist, or at least not as the person the sender of these mailings would have you believe.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:12 PM
I am new at Scam.com

My partner became a victim of Maria Duval more than ten years ago. I did manage to get some of the money that she had sent refunded, on the grounds that the products from Astroforce were not effective. The Italian woman originally named Carolina Maria Gamba (not Gambia), but now known as Maria Duval, was born about 1937, but does the blonde featured in the advertising material look 70+ years of age?

If you send money to her, or any of the other identities who will surely mailshot you, you will be marked as someone with money to spend. See my messageboard, seen by at least 30,000 visitors curious to know more about the 'miracle-workers' who promise wealth and power, in return for a sum of money sent to a PO Box number. Astrocat's Postal Scam Warning Page: http://astrocat.proboards.com

Old 05-26-2010, 11:06 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Dear folks, sory to break it to the nay sayers out there but Maria Duval is neither a fake nor a scam. Maria Duval is a genuine person who is toughted to be a gifted psychic. Maria however made the mistake of selling a company she had created to another firm in 1997 which is based in hong kong and has been using her name for the purpose of perform mail and email scams. It is my guess that those of you whom she has helped have been in contact with the genuine article and those whom have been taken were contacted by the company using her name for scaming. As for the Destiny research center, I have not been able to find enough info to substantiate the claim that it has anything to do with her.

Old 05-30-2010, 08:16 PM
thevermin8tor

Yup.It IS a scam! So is the secret society one saying I am special and the chosen 1!! The company is using her name...So it's a scam!!

Old 05-30-2010, 08:21 PM
thevermin8tor

look in the dictionary under "witchcraft"....
Psychics...clairvoyants...
def:CONFIDENCE TRICKSTERS!!
The only ones I believe are" the amazing Kreskin" and the one's that help to solve real murders....

Old 06-14-2010, 10:36 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by slsgreeneyes View Post
yes please I would like to have her number I am tired of all the BS that she gives
Don't have her number but she can be reached at:Maria Duval, c/o Destiny Research Center
1285 Baring Blvd. #411
Sparks, NV 89434-8673

P.S. You may be able to get the number there through 1411 information..

Old 06-14-2010, 10:44 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Exactly, she sometimes refunds the money but the bull**** never works. Why bother? SCAM-SCAM-SCAM!!!!