report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2009, 02:40 PM
I Should Know

Re: Crescent Processing Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by banquer View Post
Do not do business with these people. I tried to go to work for them. They have sent me on many many bad appts. Themerchants didn't even know I was coming to see them. They have taken money out of my account and have not paid me what they said they would. I have to argue over every case I put in with them. And then I have to service the accounts because the merchants call me. I will be at one store for the third time in one week, trying to fix the stupidity of these people and their service departments.

There are honest processors out there.

These people are the biggest crooks I have seen in this industry. If you hear the name Crescent Processing....RUN
This is news to me. I work for them now and they couldn't be nicer to salespersons. They have twice confirmed appointments. What you are seeing is merchants that, for whatever reason, are not there. That happens all the time in sales, with homeowners or merchants, no matter what you sell. Get used to it.

If they took money out of your account, it had to be because you owed them money.

If you want to do customer service, put your name on your business card with your cell phone. If not, leave your cell phone number off. It's that simple. Some use the cell phone because it can be a nice source for referrals.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:54 PM
I Should Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonfireangel View Post
They have new rep training every day at 1:00pm so you know their rate of turn over is very high and constant. I did confront him about their so called qualified leads, when they don't even give you a phone number so that you can contact them to verifiy the appointment. They are afraid that the customer will cancel if you contact them because the only reason that the majority agree to the appointment is so they can get off the phone. I'll keep you posted as to how much money I receive out of the $350+ they owe me.
Well, where's the reply? It's been 6 months. Obviously, this is another bogus post to defame CPC, probably posted by another processing company to encourage reps to go to them. You can't trust the stuff you read on ripoff boards. Anyway, as a new rep I don't get trained every day, but we have a phone conference call once a week, and I'm glad of it. It really helps.
As far as appointments go, you will always have no shows. These appointments are confirmed twice. You sound like an inexperienced salesperson. In sales, my friend, you work the numbers. There will be a certain percentage of this and that, and you go for the gold. Few are qualified to be salespersons. It is a job of helping people that oftentimes don't like you. It's tough to help someone when they keep saying NO, right? Well, it takes a certain degree of confidence and awareness. In the end, though, you are a great salesperson when you can help a lot of people.

CPC can't help everyone, because some don't need it. A few have great rates, but few have the great overall program CPC has. Sales results are up to the individual, but CPC assists with a team approach that insures more sales. The staff is friendly and helpful, and does half the work for me. I really love what they do. I just have to have the moxy to be able to walk into the businesses next door if my appointment is absent. That seems to be the key. Since most folks won't do that, they don't succeed at sales. Referrals are another area people can't succeed in very well. Sales is tough, it's for strong people. If you want the big bucks and the tough jobs, do sales. If not, stay where you are...

Old 08-03-2009, 03:03 PM
I Should Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonfireangel View Post
This reply might have come to late to answer your question but I do know the answer.
1) The so called preset appts that are confirmed are nothing more than someone wanting to get off the phone with the solicitor so they say OK to the appointment.
2) You are charged $39 per month for these so called pre-qualified appts. About 1/3 of the appts. are not there when you get there.
3) They withhold money to secure the laptop that they let you use and good luck getting the money owed you when you return it.
4) You get paid on your sale about a week later....never the same day as they advertise.
5) They want you to yell at the customer if they say "no" and do not buy from you. (Yell is being kind, they want you to berate the customer and intimidate them into buying)
6) You never get any information to contact payroll, human resources, etc. The only person you can contact is your corporate manager. Never a company directory, etc. Same goes for the customer they get the 800#.
There are a lot more things that you should know! GOOD LUCK!
Ok, this "moonfire" guy is obviously working for some other processing company. I just started with CPC a couple of weeks ago and I don't recognize anything I'm reading here. Let's go item by item:
1) The preset appointments have been 95% great. That's high marks for CPC. There are a few who may not have really wanted to talk to someone, but few.
2) $39 a month for opportunities to make $4000 plus a month is no deal breaker for me. Odds are lots of people forget appointments, in any sales profession. I did in-home sales for 20 years. I even had people gone within 30 minutes of setting the appointment. In this case, you're going to small businesses. Most of the time the owner is there. Ask an insurance guy how much he pays for a lead. Try anywhere from $35 to $150 each for good ones. You're complaining about $39 for a whole month of preset double confirmed appointments? Get real.
3) Haven't done this yet.
4) You get paid the day after activation, not the day after the sale. The units must be shipped and activated by the merchant. CPC is good about shipping fast (2nd day) so you get paid.
5) Nobody ever said to yell at a customer. The policy is that, if we can't make their situation better, we shake hands and move on. We're here to help, not berate. What kind of salesperson were you?
6) The company calls the customer by the CALL button on the set. That's great customer service, makes it easier on the customer. You can also contact the company through email as a rep. PS: have you tried the phone book?

Last edited by Bravehearty : 08-03-2009 at 03:28 PM.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:26 PM
I Should Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashantibrown View Post
crescent is a scam!!! as we can see that they are. they say they give free equipment! lol they are full of crap its free placement equipment. that means if you cancel they will charge you for the equipment if you don't send it back in a certain time period! Not only that they don't explain during their presentation nonqualified and midqualified rates.!! they sale on standard discount rates lol damn scammers. They don't even tell merchants about the corprate fees or annual fees they charge lol. its amazing how they have such crappy service that now they start a company called atrium to hide who they are that way the customers that cancel now they can use a different business name to get the customers they lost or new ones that hate crescent lol. Scammers Scammers Scammers! sooner or later they will shut down just like certifeid merchant servicies out of plano texas that just scammed all day till the government shut them down and made them pay millions in fees. I bet this company is run by scammers like john and ***** frankel that were shut down by the Federal Trade Commission. read this link that shows what companies like this end up settling for.

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2004/01/cmsjudgment.shtm
Hi, I just started working for CPC a couple of weeks ago. It makes sense to me that (1) people have a contract that they are breaking and there should be a penalty for breaking it. Welcome to business. CPC is putting out a lot of expense to set up the merchant, hoping for return on that investment, like real businesses. Where is the surprise?

2) Next, credit card rates. An overwhelming number of card swipes are the base rate. If merchants have high key entry rates it is largely due to key entry fraud in the cc systems. However, all debit cards with the cc logo can be swiped, not key entered, thereby always getting the lowest possible rates. Where is the problem?

3) Every fee or charge is reviewed and confirmed at the time of sale over the phone by the support staff and the independent confirmation company. So, you're saying that the merchant can see and hear this three times and not understand it? How would they stay in business?

4) Atrium? No such business. Here, look for yourself at the BBB: http://www.bbb.org/us/Find-Business-Reviews/
The only reference linking the two is on someone's personal site on Facebook and it has nothing to do with CPC.

This post has to be bogus from a competitor of CPC. It's just too packed full of lies.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:12 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Before you post or read anything on this site, please read this message from Crescent Processing Company’s Corporate Headquarters

Crescent Processing Company works hard to ensure integrity in the sales process. If you are a sales agent or merchant with a concern or complaint about Crescent, we ask that you give us a chance to resolve your concerns by contacting me, Scott Stauffer, Vice President of Operations at 214-271-8083 or by email sstauffer@crescentprocesing.com. I would be happy to listen and discuss your concerns and will do my best to resolve them.

Crescent Processing began operations in 2006, and today processes payments for over 30,000 clients in all 48 lower states and works with over 300 independent sales agents across the country. From the very beginning of our operations, we formed a company based on integrity and transparency. I know that anyone can say that, but is it true? Let me give you a few examples to make the point about Crescent:

If you are a potential sales agent for Crescent…we set appointments for you every day (within 24-72 hours of your appointment date) and we confirm every one of our appointments. That means we get a third-party confirmer on the phone with the merchant to make sure the appointment is truly valid. We ask a series of questions to ensure the appointment is worth providing to you, the sales agent. We actually record that conversation to ensure integrity and accuracy. As an agent of Crescent, you have access to that recording. Does that mean the merchant will be present at every appointment? Unfortunately, no. Our prospective clients are typically small businesses with busy schedules. Meeting with a potential new credit card processor is not one of their daily priorities. Therefore, on occasion, they will not show up for the appointment, even though they just agreed to meet. We recognize that (and the trouble and lost time it creates for the sales agent), and so we are committed to continually improve the quality of our appointments.

If you are a potential client of Crescent…we do something that almost no one else does. At the end of your meeting with our sales agent, we will get you on the phone with a third party confirmation agent. On that confirmation call, we will review with you exactly what the processing contract entails. Again, we record this call to ensure integrity and accuracy, and you have access to this call long after you become a client of Crescent. In addition, our merchant applications and terms and conditions are specifically designed to clearly disclose all relevant fees. We pride ourselves in ensuring all of our clients have clear expectations from the very beginning of our relationship.

We also want to point out that many posts on websites like this are not upset merchants or upset sales agents, but they are actually competitors of ours trying to make us look bad. While we may not like that business practice or type of activity, it is something, unfortunately, that we have to live with.

Having said all the above, even as we try to get better every day, we fully recognize there will still be times of misunderstanding and disagreements. As such, if anyone (merchant or sales agent) has a concern about our company or an issue with how we treated them or their business, we ask that you call our VP of Operations, Scott Stauffer, directly at 214-271-8083. He is more than willing to discuss any issues or concerns you have.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. We pride ourselves in doing the right thing by our merchants and sales agents, and we thought it was important to get this message out.

Thank you,
Scott Stauffer
VP of Operations

Old 08-25-2009, 01:09 PM
I Should Know

Quote:
this company is a bunch of liars. they are run by the same liars as Certified Merchant Services that was shut down in plano texas.
I checked the BBB and CMS have a B+ rating. What's going on?http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-r...no-tx-26002137

Next, if you work for Crescent and you don't know the rates and fees for salesmen, you didn't read the easy to read contract. If you are having trouble selling, find another job. Stop cutting down Crescent, they're a good company. As for the leads, sure they aren't perfect, but they are pretty much free compared to lead generation companies. I was paying $42 per lead in health insurance, and was the only agent getting the lead. In Crescent, you pay less than that per month. So you drive a little. Get a hybrid like I did. I get 60 mpg. Prepare yourself for doing sales, go to businesses on your own, too, while you are there. Make use of your time. All in all, I've made a few sales and they paid me. It's not their fault I am a crappy salesperson.

Last edited by Bravehearty : 08-25-2009 at 01:14 PM.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Newbie Member

really atrium doesn't exist? how about this job they just posted in dallas texas using the same address as crescent processing.

Atrium

Job Summary
Company
Atrium
Industries
Business Services - Other
Job Type
Full Time
Employee
Relevant Work Experience
1+​ to 2 Years
Education Level
High School or equivalent
Career Level
Entry Level
Salary
9.​00 - 14.​00 USD /​hour
Daily, weekly incentivesCall Center/Outbound Call Center Professional Needed for Appointment Setting Positions
About the Job
Atrium a division of Crescent Processing Company

We are currently looking for customer service professionals with a strong motivation to succeed, an eagerness to earn up to $14 an hour, and the willingness to do whatever it takes to accomplish that goal. Our representatives contact and set appointments with business owners to meet with our Regional Sales Managers to learn more about our services and how Crescent Processing Company can help them increase revenue, reduce merchant processing costs and increase their customer loyalty through gift cards.

This is a Monday through Friday position, M-Thr 9 am – 4:30 pm and Fri 9 am - 3:30 pm.

Requirements for this position are:
•Previous Call Center Experience (Outbound a plus but is not required) •Strong Attention to Detail •Customer Service Driven •Ability to reach daily performance goals •Positive Attitude and willingness to be coached In exchange, we offer:

•Paid Training
•Up to $14 an hour
•Casual Dress Environment
•Incentives like leaving early with pay when daily goals are met •No overtime •No nights •No weekends •Medical Insurance •Dental Insurance •Paid Time Off after 90 days
•Holiday Pay
If you feel your qualifications meet those above, we would love to hear from you. Please come by our office today and apply, as training class space is limited.

Atrium

12700 Park Central Dr., Suite 1100

Dallas, TX 75251

214-271-8088

Job Tools
Apply
Print
Save
Company Tools
View all Jobs at this Company
Contact Information
Stephanie Teblum

Atrium

HIDE

IFrame is not supported Back to Job Search Results APPLY

Old 08-30-2009, 08:10 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravehearty View Post
I checked the BBB and CMS have a B+ rating. What's going on?http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-r...no-tx-26002137

Next, if you work for Crescent and you don't know the rates and fees for salesmen, you didn't read the easy to read contract. If you are having trouble selling, find another job. Stop cutting down Crescent, they're a good company. As for the leads, sure they aren't perfect, but they are pretty much free compared to lead generation companies. I was paying $42 per lead in health insurance, and was the only agent getting the lead. In Crescent, you pay less than that per month. So you drive a little. Get a hybrid like I did. I get 60 mpg. Prepare yourself for doing sales, go to businesses on your own, too, while you are there. Make use of your time. All in all, I've made a few sales and they paid me. It's not their fault I am a crappy salesperson.

they have that rating because they haven't had compaints in over 3 years since they were shut down in 2002 by the ftc.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:38 AM
I Should Know

Quote:
really atrium doesn't exist? how about this job they just posted in dallas texas using the same address as crescent processing.[snip]
Your complaint was:"its amazing how they have such crappy service that now they start a company called atrium to hide who they are that way the customers that cancel now they can use a different business name to get the customers they lost or new ones that hate crescent lol." Seems odd that, if you are right, why would they use the name Crescent in the ad? Looks to me like Atrium is a division of CPC that handles the telemarketing.

Last edited by Bravehearty : 08-31-2009 at 08:40 AM. Reason: add some thoughts

Old 09-01-2009, 06:49 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Crescent Processing Company

Before you post or read anything on this site, please read this message from Crescent Processing Company’s Corporate Headquarters

Crescent Processing Company works hard to ensure integrity in the sales process. If you are a sales agent or merchant with a concern or complaint about Crescent, we ask that you give us a chance to resolve your concerns by contacting me, Scott Stauffer, Vice President of Operations at 214-271-8083 or by email sstauffer@crescentprocesing.com. I would be happy to listen and discuss your concerns and will do my best to resolve them.

Crescent Processing began operations in 2006, and today processes payments for over 30,000 clients in all 48 lower states and works with over 300 independent sales agents across the country. From the very beginning of our operations, we formed a company based on integrity and transparency. I know that anyone can say that, but is it true? Let me give you a few examples to make the point about Crescent:

If you are a potential sales agent for Crescent…we set appointments for you every day (within 24-72 hours of your appointment date) and we confirm every one of our appointments. That means we get a third-party confirmer on the phone with the merchant to make sure the appointment is truly valid. We ask a series of questions to ensure the appointment is worth providing to you, the sales agent. We actually record that conversation to ensure integrity and accuracy. As an agent of Crescent, you have access to that recording. Does that mean the merchant will be present at every appointment? Unfortunately, no. Our prospective clients are typically small businesses with busy schedules. Meeting with a potential new credit card processor is not one of their daily priorities. Therefore, on occasion, they will not show up for the appointment, even though they just agreed to meet. We recognize that (and the trouble and lost time it creates for the sales agent), and so we are committed to continually improve the quality of our appointments.

If you are a potential client of Crescent…we do something that almost no one else does. At the end of your meeting with our sales agent, we will get you on the phone with a third party confirmation agent. On that confirmation call, we will review with you exactly what the processing contract entails. Again, we record this call to ensure integrity and accuracy, and you have access to this call long after you become a client of Crescent. In addition, our merchant applications and terms and conditions are specifically designed to clearly disclose all relevant fees. We pride ourselves in ensuring all of our clients have clear expectations from the very beginning of our relationship.

We also want to point out that many posts on websites like this are not upset merchants or upset sales agents, but they are actually competitors of ours trying to make us look bad. While we may not like that business practice or type of activity, it is something, unfortunately, that we have to live with.

Having said all the above, even as we try to get better every day, we fully recognize there will still be times of misunderstanding and disagreements. As such, if anyone (merchant or sales agent) has a concern about our company or an issue with how we treated them or their business, we ask that you call our VP of Operations, Scott Stauffer, directly at 214-271-8083. He is more than willing to discuss any issues or concerns you have.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. We pride ourselves in doing the right thing by our merchants and sales agents, and we thought it was important to get this message out.

Thank you,
Scott Stauffer
VP of Operations

Old 09-01-2009, 10:29 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravehearty View Post
Your complaint was:"its amazing how they have such crappy service that now they start a company called atrium to hide who they are that way the customers that cancel now they can use a different business name to get the customers they lost or new ones that hate crescent lol." Seems odd that, if you are right, why would they use the name Crescent in the ad? Looks to me like Atrium is a division of CPC that handles the telemarketing.
Check out the rating with the BBB nowhttp://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-reviews/credit-card-processing-service/crescent-processing-company-in-dallas-tx-90028754#accreditation

Old 09-09-2009, 03:07 PM
I Should Know

Quote:
they have that rating because they haven't had compaints in over 3 years since they were shut down in 2002 by the ftc.
BBB complaints only go back 3 years.

Old 09-09-2009, 03:13 PM
I Should Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by patvh5150 View Post
Check out the rating with the BBB nowhttp://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-reviews/credit-card-processing-service/crescent-processing-company-in-dallas-tx-90028754#accreditation
Yes, I knew about that when I joined. The D+ rating seems unfair. Most businesses have a customer and then on to the next one, like in roofing sales. In CPC, the same customer stays for up to four years. That means that they must handle 30-40,000 customers, which exposes them to a lot of potential complaints. 130 complaints in a three year period, all satisfied, seems ok to me under the circumstances. After all, Sears and Home Depot have a combined total of over 30,000 complaints and you don't see the BBB ragging on them. I think there are some politics at play here, since CPC is not a paying member of the BBB.

One thing that somewhat disturbs me about CPC is the presentation video showing the CPC headquarters building. That video shows the CPC name and logo on the building. However, the building does not have CPC on it on any sides in reality. It has LENDING.COM on the top of the building on all four sides. I checked on Google Earth, then I called someone today who works there just to make sure. I looked up lending.com and it looks like Texas shut them down. So, it's probably ok to Photoshop your logo and name on the building since lending.com is gone, anyway. But is it misleading the customer? Six one way, half a dozen the other. They are located in the building, so....no big deal.

Last edited by Bravehearty : 09-09-2009 at 03:17 PM.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:58 AM
I Should Know

Well, I'm done with CPC now. In 2 months I could only close 3 deals. Most of the appointments were bogus for one reason or the other. One of the deals was with my friend, and when he got his bill we were both shocked. The hidden cost not mentioned outright in the Terms and Conditions that is given to each merchant has a nebulous undefined amount for debit charges. So, CPC charges 25 cents, and the "other" companies in the debit charge stream charge around 40 cents per swipe. Result: around 65 cents per swipe. So, now I have a friend stuck with CPC. Thanks CPC. On a positive note: CPC did not delay in returning my computer deposit.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:14 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I've done business with these guys in the past and they are a good, honorable company!

Old 10-29-2009, 05:51 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I just spoke with a Rep. the other day as well and just spent at least an hour on their presentation for the psotion of Independent Sales. Rep. As information becomes avaialble to me I will let you know as well, kind of a heads up, so to speak. But I just signed on with them and so far they seem reputable as far as I can tell. Keep in touch and let me know as well should you find out anything more.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:52 AM
I Should Know

The job works for some, but I couldn't get any real income from it. In two months of trying, I made about $300 or less. Didn't pay the gas and wear/tear on car. Good luck.

The pic of the CPC building is fake. Look on Google Earth and you'll see it's Lending.com building. The sales managers are somewhat helpful, especially Peter Mireles, but it still doesn't make a living. Merchants are 99% not interested. Run 100 leads and see for yourself.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Newbie Member

i work at crescent processing and have for years and can honestly say that this company has integrity and makes every reasonable effort to do the right thing!

thanks,