report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2009, 06:47 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Work at Home Call Centers/Telecommute/Businesses

Which of these supposedly legitimate work at home call center/telecommute companies pay the most? Which ones pay per hour or per call?

I am a single mother, health issues, and am deperate and about to loose my home. PLEASE give me some real answers on these companies AND if you have other real LEGITIMATE work at home companies to work for or home businesses...please let me know.

I forgot to mention the companies I would like sepcifically to know the above questions to. They are:
www.liveops.com
www.westathome.com
www.convergysworkathome.com/
www.alpineaccess.com
www.vipdesk.com
www.workingsolutions.com

Thank you to anyone who anwers!

Bookmark and Share

Last edited by Soapboxmom : 05-25-2009 at 07:08 AM.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

Re: Work at Home Call Centers/Telecommute/Business

They are all legit companies. That is about the best I can tell you though. You will need to go to each site to find what they pay per hour/call. Even then, it's not easy to get hired.

The best thing to do is to apply with each company. Many people work for 2-3 different companies to make sure they are getting enough hours and making enough money.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:58 AM
Inoue Chiaki

I have do a little research on Work at Home Biz. Hope this experience can help you out.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6152244AAqjs1K

Old 06-03-2009, 08:21 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaalec View Post
Which of these supposedly legitimate work at home call center/telecommute companies pay the most? Which ones pay per hour or per call?

I am a single mother, health issues, and am deperate and about to loose my home. PLEASE give me some real answers on these companies AND if you have other real LEGITIMATE work at home companies to work for or home businesses...please let me know.

I forgot to mention the companies I would like sepcifically to know the above questions to. They are:
www.liveops.com
www.westathome.com
www.convergysworkathome.com/
www.alpineaccess.com
www.vipdesk.com
www.workingsolutions.com

Thank you to anyone who anwers!

Hello,
I was searching the internet for at-home call center jobs when I found your post. I am in a similar situation.
I lost my job 8 months ago and my savings is running out. I need to earn money to keep my home. I have been online applying to jobs and even done the "walk in to apply" thing. No luck!

I want to work at home just like you and will not stop until I find a legit, scam-free opportunity that won't cost me much, if anything at all.

Just check out jobvent.com and you can read posts from people who have worked for all of the companies you listed and more. By the way the reviews for alpine were mostly negative.

I will kit with any updates as I find them.

take care and good luck to you!

Kindest Regards,
Adella

Old 06-03-2009, 11:40 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Thank you to all who replied. I will check out all your suggestions. If I find anything else that is legitimate and worthwhile, I will certainly let you know. Thanks again. Lisa

Old 06-04-2009, 10:49 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I have looked into all of these, but never quite followed through with them. But I just wanted to mention 1-800-Flowers and that I have worked for them from home before. I was with them from November thru first week of Feb or something like that. I know that doesn't help you right now, but who knows, maybe for whatever reason they are hiring right now... idk. If you work their sister company which is referred to as "Madison Brands" over the holidays they offered a $400 performance bonus. I got it. And this was the first phone sales job I ever had, so it's not like I had years of experience or something to bring with me. The only other bit I can offer is that I would be willing to guess that West is legit. Off the top of my head I wanna say that is the company I saw an actual physical standing building one day driving around in Youngstown, OH. I saw it and was like "oh heeeeeeey.... that's that work at home place... hmmm, didn't know they had a real building too". The building was a decent size for being a call center, imagine normal WalMart sized or so. The parking lot was FULL of cars for employees and still had a hiring sign outside. And like I said, off the top of my head I wanna say it was West. But either way... if you ever come across one of these that says to have a b&m (brick & mortar) building in Youngstown, OH... I saw it! And can say it exists! Lol. I've looked into so many of these companies they all start to merge into the same thing, that's why I'm not entirely 100% positive it was West, but I'm about 90% sure it was.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:34 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I am working for West and it is a legit company. I started as a CSR=Customer Service Representative for a year now. Depending on which client of theirs you will be working for will depend on how much you will make. I'm working at one of their numerous locations within the us. For example the client I was hired to be a CSR for is a leading wireless company, one of the top 4 in the US. I started a year ago. They are paying well above minimum wage for this position and I work a minimum of 40 hours a week. I have just been promoted to Technical Support and now I'm making very good money!! Let's just say it's above $1,500 a month. Now when it comes to the work at home positions, I'm not sure what clients they are serving with those positions, because they have numerous and they are different in each of their sites, so pay will vary. They offer benefits to employees and retirement options. Their raises aren't much to brag about, but they are consistant! They do have production stats you have to meet. Other than the constant schedule changes I go thru to meet their clients ever changing needs, its been a really good job. If you work hard, have good schedule adhearance, and meet their production needs you will have a secure job.