report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Religious Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2009, 03:17 AM
ɹǝpun uʍop

Re: Moral question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodomen9 View Post
Kazza, where do you live in the outback ??? I've read quite a few of your posts and this is your worst yet----mindless. Are you sure you live in the 21century ??? Up til now I thought you showed an above average intelect from down under, now I really don't know what to think about you. I'll tell you what, you tell me where to find this RAT brain study you refer to and I will tell you where to find a study done only 4 or 5 yrs ago on the human brain and mine isn't about cutting pieces from the brain, this is an archaic form of science. It is about electro/magnetic resonance technology. Fair enough ???

PS I went to the link you provided and this changes nothing its all hearsay with minimal support and no documentation and if this is all you need for proof I have an island in the middle of the pacific (man made ) I'll sell to you cheap.

FYI(for you are in formation)
For your information
Lol. I'm not going to look up the rat study, I just remembered that off the top of my head.

But here, if you think this is stupid and only people in the "outback" could believe it, how about you take it up with...

Disover magazine
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/sc...-its-not-true/

Wiley Interscience (one of, if not the biggest publisher of scientific literature)
http://au.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTi...fContents.html

Scientific American (world's leading popular scientific publication)
http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...rcent-of-brain

Princeton University
http://synapse.princeton.edu/~sam/Si..._The_Brain.pdf

Nature (world's leading scientific journal)
http://www.nature.com/neuro/journal/...nn0203-99.html

I could go on and on and on and on....

Seriously, google "10 percent brain" and see what you find.

Oh, I've also got several fMRI images of my own brain in use, that were taken as part of a study my girlfriend is involved in. You can see how much of it is being used at any given time.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:43 AM
Silver Member

I can't help but interject that you folks are arguing apples and oranges. The fact that less than 10% of our brains are in use at any given time, is not equivelant to extracting 90% of your brain with a mellon baller to see if you can still function.

The studies are not complete regarding neuron usage...duty cycle...rerouting...or many of the other intriguing and mysterious aspects of the brain. That a person can recover from a stroke, is intriguing and well-worth a lifetime of study. Even the MRI studies show a "lighting up" of most parts of the brain (depending on the type of stimuli), but even then, it is for short-duration bursts.

Narrowing one's focus to a single aspect of any given subject, really limits one's total understanding of that subject.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:15 AM
doctfeelgood

Hi Everyone, i am new to this forum so here i go and jump in at the deep end.
I see many of you arguing about using 10% of our brains etc whilst other say we use all. Well your both wrong. Because of evolution and technology a human being as you call them i say 'being' is actually using less of his brain than he did a 1000 yrs ago? We have Tv's to think for us, newspaper, mobiles etc. Emails have taken writing completely out of the equation (writing with pen and paper uses a different part of the brain than a computer does) So my friends in 1952 scientists discovered that a man with an IQ of 152 was using 40% of his brain, whilst a man with an average of 110 was using 17%. But that is slowly going down so in another 100 years time we will all be as daft as politicans:)

Old 09-13-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctfeelgood View Post
Because of evolution and technology a human being as you call them i say 'being' is actually using less of his brain than he did a 1000 yrs ago?
I dare say that even if I trusted that Evolution was a valid concept, I'd argue that 1000 years wouldn't amount to a puss cell in a butt pimple.

But I don't and agree that "devolution" fits any scientific observation better than idea that we have gotten any smarter....or even fit our environment any better.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctfeelgood View Post
Hi Everyone, i am new to this forum so here i go and jump in at the deep end.
Welcome.
Quote:
I see many of you arguing about using 10% of our brains etc whilst other say we use all. Well your both wrong.
Yet we still lose our car keys, and remembering them is definitely within our brains capacity.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
Yeah... but God is imaginary.
Even the god you imagine is both you and imaginary at the same time. The god you imagine has issues. About being imaginary. And about being you. And thinks that an imaginary being has the ability to comprehend those of us who aren't imaginary. How would one prove something to an imaginary being?

Clearly, no point.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reentry View Post
PS. "I heard about a study that said"...does not qualify something as true and I have never heard of anything as silly as this being reviewed...
It wouldn't matter if it was a published study. The truth in it is found in today's classrooms. I'll ask my wife to ask her kids in class. The facts are that every kid knows of somebody in their immediate circle who didn't make it to 30. Most know a few who didn't. Some families....more than one. So the idea that the end is near is at least a common thought.

The way some of them act...they can expect it to happen. Most of their teachers see it likely to happen.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:10 AM
I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywriteing View Post
Even the god you imagine is both you and imaginary at the same time. The god you imagine has issues. About being imaginary. And about being you. And thinks that an imaginary being has the ability to comprehend those of us who aren't imaginary. How would one prove something to an imaginary being?

Clearly, no point.
I don't imagine a God. I know better. The imaginary God people describe to me has the issues, as I don't imagine him.

How does one prove that an imaginary being is more than imaginary? This is the stygmah that is plagueing all religious people.

Clearly no point at all, but people still declare with absolute certainty that their imaginary friend is real.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:41 AM
doctfeelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by svcguyhv View Post
Welcome.
Yet we still lose our car keys, and remembering them is definitely within our brains capacity.
It is not your brain that remembers where your car keys are it is your mind? Your subconscious one infact and scientist still do not know where this is located because it is not in your brain? Now that something to think about?

Old 09-21-2009, 12:47 AM
doctfeelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywriteing View Post
I dare say that even if I trusted that Evolution was a valid concept, I'd argue that 1000 years wouldn't amount to a puss cell in a butt pimple.

Just look at history and see for yourself and as for puss in a butt pimple you must have one hell of a butt?

But I don't and agree that "devolution" fits any scientific observation better than idea that we have gotten any smarter....or even fit our environment any better.
Our environment is a creation of our mind, we are the ones that create it and nobody else is to blame for this mess that we are now seeing. TV and newspapers etc have ruined what life was once about which was connecting with others. We as a society have got to materialistic and we are forgetting what happiness is. I never realised this until i started reading Hermetics and it showed me how through time man ( the masses) have got stupid whilst that 1% (really rich ones) have got clever. Why is this so? What are we doing to ourselves, but most importantly why is it that the masses can not SEE that we are slowly going right back to where we started from?

Old 09-21-2009, 12:54 AM
doctfeelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
I don't imagine a God. I know better. The imaginary God people describe to me has the issues, as I don't imagine him.

How does one prove that an imaginary being is more than imaginary? This is the stygmah that is plagueing all religious people.

Clearly no point at all, but people still declare with absolute certainty that their imaginary friend is real.
Who is God? Imaginary i see you have quoted. God is all of us, we are the creators we are the ones that have created. There is no grey haird man up there in those skies he is here on earth with all of us because we are 'him'. I respect all religion and whatever their views they are correct, if religion can help them through the difficult period then so be it. But once war and murder comes into the equation STOP! This is wrong, so wrong. All religions are meant to unite not separate including the Koran. Do not answer me on this subject unless you have read it. Just remember us as beings have the right to change anything we want we can not blame anyone for things that we have created. Just be happy, be awake, and live your life to its fulliest. That is the purpose of living