report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2009, 02:35 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Wells Fargo Scam

I have recently been made aware of a phishing scam. I received an email supposedly from Wells Fargo. Right away I knew it was a scam, for I bank with Wachovia, not Wells Fargo, and despite the fact that they are combined, I would only get emails directly from wachovia.com.

I have made side notes in [].

The email reads as follows:

from Wells Fargo Online <admin@test61176.test-account.com>
to hg3300@gmail.com
date Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 5:52 PM
subject Wells Fargo Online Notification : Verify your account information .
hide details 5:52 PM (7 minutes ago) Reply

Dear Valued Customer: [Don't you know my real name?]
Attention! Your Wells Fargo account has been limited! ["Limited?" Surely this is a phony email]
As part of our security measures, we regularly check the activity of the screen Wells Fargo. [shouldn't this be: "We regularly screen OUR SITE/We regularly check the activity on OUR SITE"] We requested [We are requesting?] information from you for the following reason:
" Our system requires further account verification for new updating ". [New updating? This is the OLDEST TRICK IN THE BOOK!]
Reference Number : WF-0511040222-58733662a
To Verify Your Account , Please Sign in to Online Banking. [what's with all the capitalization?]
Thank you for using Wells Fargo Online Service. this is a security measure intended to protect you and your account. We apologize for any inconvenience . [Note the uncommon placing of periods in this email]

Wells Fargo, N.A. Member FDIC.
© 2009 Wells Fargo Corporation. All rights reserved
The link "Sign in to Online Banking" takes you to http://classified.commerce-hut.biz/i...ejZ/index.html which is quite obviously a fake site!

I decided to "follow up" with the scam. I signed in with a fake username and password UN "fuckyouasshole" and PW "fakepassword."

The REAL site would have told me "invalid username or password" or something like that, but this site continued to pretend that it was verifying info.

Next I reached a page with a PIN code verification request. So I typed in F*** (3825) and continued. The site told me to log out to complete verification. I clicked the phony "log out" button and now I was at the REAL wells fargo home page!

LOOKS SOUNDS SMELLS TASTES AND FEELS LIKE A SCAM TO ME!!

Look out for these emails in your inbox - they will steal your WF username, password, and PIN code. That is all one would need to steal from your account!

Old 02-10-2011, 05:22 AM
Newbie Member

Re: Wells Fargo Scam

I have read what everyone has said and I am not surprised at all to see all of this as I work privately with investors who have very large sums of money held in the Private Wealth Division of Wells Fargo and here's something to read and think about that happens with all banks and I mean all banks! If you are not in the private financial industry this may not make any senses to you but stop and think about this because the US authorities is now cracking down on everyone who has found ways to make millions of dollars the legal way and the government is pissed about it and calling everyone fraudulant.

Read carefully below:

Investors who have hundreds of millions of dollar at any major bank such as Wells Fargo have found a better way for those large investors to make a higher return on their money then what a bank will offer them, they simply rent/lease their funds/money to a company or person who needs to show large funds on their company ledger in order for them to do commodity/commercial deals worldwide, this is called a lease proof of funds (POF) and the investor will lease/rent their funds to the company/person for a period of 60 days at a time and charge anywhere from 2% up to 10% of the amount that the company/person is needing to show on their ledger. And what makes this safe to the investor is that the investor would allow a sub-account or non-depleating account to be opened under the investors main account, also called their master account and this keeps the investors money in their total control but now allows the company/person who leased/rented the money from the investor to now have an account with their name on it with let's say $100 Million Dollars in it. And now this will allow the company/person to show that they have the credibility now to support whatever transaction/deal that they are trying to close or get into to.

Let me show you an example of what I mean. Let's say an oil company has a buyer that has come to buy a large amount of oil from them but they do not have that oil in their own port/holdings the selling company would need to go to a large refinery and order the oil that the buyer has asked for but the seller must show that they have enough money to support their order. Now, the buyer is paying the seller more so this means, the buyer is buying at retail and the seller would get the wholesale price and flip the sale directly to the buyer thus making the profit but if the seller doesn't have enough funds in their account to show that they can afford the order then they would not be able to make the transaction happen at all and thus losing a large profit. Now the buyer has already showed and proved to the seller that they have all the funds to buy the oil so in order for the selling oil company to make a profit they will do what is called a flip sale and now is when they look to lease/rent money from a large investor because they can lease/rent the funds that they need to show the refinery that they can support their order. The refinery normally allows 7 days once the oil has been order to be transported to the final place and also payment. Thus making money now for the investor, the seller and the refinery and now transaction has been completed and money is now made and companies stay in business longer.

Now it's get's better, the government is telling the world that all leased/rented funds also known as proof of funds (POF) are all scams and fraudulant but as you can see above it is a way for the wealthy people to make fast and higher return on their money that is sitting at a bank and they make alot more in those 60 days then any bank would offer them and this allowed a smaller company to start growing but the government doesn't like the fact that all investors normally has a third party also known as an intermediary to do the transaction for them because no large investor has the time nor wants to deal direct with the general public. The intermediary get's paid a commission for these deals and now the government is taking all these intermediaries down and calling them all fraudulant and scammers because they have found a way to work for themselves with large private investors. The government agencies do not like people who are smarter then them or who makes more then them and until the world understands that these are everyday people who are working to make a paycheck, the world will only see everything as a scam instead of seeing the facts with reasons behind the transactions. After all you can do research and see that many attorney's now have given up their practice and have become an intermediary to these type of transactions/deals.

Now what makes this bad with banks is that if someone becomes under an SEC, SS, or FBI investigation, all the banks play stupid and run for the hills and tell the government agencies that these type of accounts (leased/rented accounts) are not real but they are done everyday in the Private Wealth Department of all banks! So, my advise to people who only listen to the news is to do some serious due diligence on when you see that while you sleep that the United States, Government Agencies and Banks are making hundreds of millions of dollars on your money that is sitting in your account as well as they make money by trading your social security number on the international market thus helping to create more bank notes for them to sell to the international world and that my friends is how we got into this mess. The governments love when babies are born as this now gives a new social security number to have a bank note created for and on.

My fellow American's please start looking at what goes on behind the banking world because until you understand how money is really made you will see nothing but what reporters report and that is everything and everyone including all investments in the world must be a scam to all American's because we can now be fooled very easy as our ears and eyes have been trained to only believe what is reported and that is what we have all done. If you would research the international trading market, the stock exchange and the private wealth world on how money is really created, you will soon see that thousands of people have been charged with guilt by a jury of it's peers only because they have been programed to believe that everything is fake!