report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Religious Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2009, 07:23 PM
Silver Member

Atheism discussion

I first of all chose this forum for the reasons that atheism and religion are so closely intertwined within the community. I decided that it would be best served here.

I have watched and have been subject to the lack of understanding of who I am. I am an atheist.
From church pulpits has been promulgated to the theologically minded people that atheism is to be regarded originally as a schism of the rebellious. But now are people who will no longer hide for fear of retribution, stemming from the same pulpit that many atheists sat in front of as believers.

From me my journey is from the heart of a Pentecostal upbringing from age 7, to an Evangelical Presbyterian, to an atheist at age 31. That is when I began to feel like i was scammed by the church.

I as an atheist, love my family and friends. I go to work every day. I engage with people in a non agenda based relationship. I help without the though of earning a crown. I love my life and family more so now then when I believed.

I am a person. I am not a slave to a god. I make my own decisions. I can not make wrong for some one else to pay. No one can save me from what I have not done. To quote one of my hero's is Thomas Paine "The World is my country, all man and women are my brothers and sisters, and to do good is my religion."

My hopes in this discussion is that maybe a more clear idea or view of atheism can be made. That people will understand that the church really is a scam. Not only of your money, but time and life as well.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:08 PM
Most Valued Platinum Member

Re: Atheism discussion

in a sense, you are saying this is what atheism SHOULD be/mean!? you are the good/perfect example!? we could,i guess apply this rhetoric to any ISM and it's BEST representatives!?

Old 07-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Always Right, Seldom Agreed With.

Don't you have to believe to not believe?

It isn't whether there is A God or several Gods or whatever or what the name or monkier may be. People can believe what they will, and follow whatever path they choose. Organized Religion is where the scam is.

Personally, I don't care either way.

Last edited by Jafo : 07-25-2009 at 09:23 PM.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexx View Post
in a sense, you are saying this is what atheism SHOULD be/mean!? you are the good/perfect example!? we could,i guess apply this rhetoric to any ISM and it's BEST representatives!?
Only humans can create the perfectly cooked bacon.

Therefore there can be no god.

For what is a world without perfectly cooked bacon?

Why that would be a world without a god.

In other words we are the gods.

Only we.

There is no god.

If there was. He sure has something against perfectly cooked bacon.

Last edited by howdy : 07-25-2009 at 10:11 PM.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svcguyhv View Post
I first of all chose this forum for the reasons that atheism and religion are so closely intertwined within the community. I decided that it would be best served here.

I have watched and have been subject to the lack of understanding of who I am. I am an atheist.
From church pulpits has been promulgated to the theologically minded people that atheism is to be regarded originally as a schism of the rebellious. But now are people who will no longer hide for fear of retribution, stemming from the same pulpit that many atheists sat in front of as believers.

From me my journey is from the heart of a Pentecostal upbringing from age 7, to an Evangelical Presbyterian, to an atheist at age 31. That is when I began to feel like i was scammed by the church.

I as an atheist, love my family and friends. I go to work every day. I engage with people in a non agenda based relationship. I help without the though of earning a crown. I love my life and family more so now then when I believed.

I am a person. I am not a slave to a god. I make my own decisions. I can not make wrong for some one else to pay. No one can save me from what I have not done. To quote one of my hero's is Thomas Paine "The World is my country, all man and women are my brothers and sisters, and to do good is my religion."

My hopes in this discussion is that maybe a more clear idea or view of atheism can be made. That people will understand that the church really is a scam. Not only of your money, but time and life as well.

Welcome to scam.com.

Have you visited exchristian.net?

An atheist website for deconverted folks like you to "gather."

If you are looking for discussions with like-minded individuals, you may be better served there....

If you are looking for an argument, scam.com is certainly the place. lol

Old 07-26-2009, 03:18 AM
Gold Member

Quote:

Hi!
I am also a person. I am from a different country and background, and religion.
I was raised with a mother that was a Buddhist and a father that was an Atheist.
When I came to the US I was baptisted as a christian.
None of this is makes sense.
You. You have to dig deep and decide about your own self.
No one is a slave until they make themselves a slave.
Your dreams can teach you about anything that you want to know. Just, do not believe that your dreams are the answer to your problems.
My wife is the most important person in my life. She is an Eastern Orthodox
Catholic, but she is only my spouse.

Free Tools and Resources for making money online: Raief.com.

26 free videos on how to create a web business.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post
Only humans can create the perfectly cooked bacon.
But how would you define perfectly cooked bacon to an orthodox Jew?

Quote:
Therefore there can be no god.
That only shows there is no gentile god.

Quote:
For what is a world without perfectly cooked bacon?
Jewish, and they have "dibs" on YHVH.

Quote:
Why that would be a world without a god.
A world without bacon is a world without pork(unless it turkey bacon, which means that we have to re-define bacon and god) and a world without pork is a Jewish world, meaning YHVH exists.

Quote:
In other words we are the gods.
One step below the Jewish gods.

Quote:
If there was. He sure has something against perfectly cooked bacon.
Well, yes. The Jewish god might consider it perfectly cooked in the lake of fire.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:06 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Slowly, more and more people like you are waking up and seeing what we call reality and principles that we call morals //now if we could only add the full preservation of the world we live on (look after mother nature) heck, we would have a perfect world ! ?

Old 07-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
in a sense, you are saying this is what atheism SHOULD be/mean!?
Well, not what i was aiming for, but if it helps. I was just putting out there who I am. I'm labeled an atheist, so if the shoe fits wear it.

You read some posts on how wonderful god is, and you need the 'spirit' to understand the bible, and how jesus helps balance my check book and the holy spirit returned all my overdue library books and videos...

I thought that I would post something that kinda kicks christ/church in the nuts. That you don't need to subscribe to a theology or some wack out obscure 'truth' that has been ignored for centuries. That a man alone can do it with out any god/s.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
Don't you have to believe to not believe?
It isn't whether there is A God or several Gods or whatever or what the name or monkier may be. People can believe what they will, and follow whatever path they choose.
I think that if you believed and then disavowed the belief it leaves you with the sense that you have been lied to. Usually years of being lied to, that you cannot get back. So it becomes more like a desire to prevent or free others from the chains of religion. We are so immersed in a world of archaic beliefs that there are billions that follow rules set down by religions that castrate the mind and retard advancing civilization.
Quote:
Organized Religion is where the scam is. Personally, I don't care either way.
Organized religion is just the shell of the scam. The scam is the religion itself. You can take away the organized religion and you still have the it's believers. Organization is just something that humans do to make it easier to control. It's the religion that takes from the individual the freedom to think outside the walls of the rules of that religion.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:19 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
Welcome to scam.com.
Have you visited exchristian.net?
Yep.
Quote:
An atheist website for deconverted folks like you to "gather."
Gather? sorta like people who've been scammed into believing or buying into something and then find that they've been scammed? Make a website and called it scam.com? We all just happen to stop on by and not call it 'gather'? ;)
Quote:
If you are looking for discussions with like-minded individuals, you may be better served there....
Like minded people? Like everyone who is going to be caught up and taken to heaven? I'd rather find the first hole in the clouds and swan dive my way to hell.

Quote:
If you are looking for an argument, scam.com is certainly the place. lol

Old 07-26-2009, 08:32 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregw2 View Post
No one is a slave until they make themselves a slave.
Hi and nice to meet you. Though I differ on the idea that you are only a slave if you make yourself a slave. Throughout the world people are born into slavery of many types. When one is brought by ones parents into a religion that is a form of slavery. Though it seems benign, and not any form of slavery, it is. You close your mind to the thoughts that the religion forbid you to think. The thoughts that have expanded from a flat earth centered universe to what we know today. From me believing that at any moment we were going to be raptured and living my life consistent with that idea. To realizing what life and family that I missed because of it. When I dropped religion I had one true friend who stuck by me and said nothing, except that he was waiting for me to come to my senses. But he didn't know what to say to make me realize what I was doing. It was just a matter of me figuring it out on my own. Somewhat like freeing myself.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Gather? sorta like people who've been scammed into believing or buying into something and then find that they've been scammed? Make a website and called it scam.com? We all just happen to stop on by and not call it 'gather'? ;)
Like minded people? Like everyone who is going to be caught up and taken to heaven? I'd rather find the first hole in the clouds and swan dive my way to hell.

Well ok....

Together on the count of three then. hehe

On the other hand, you may want to check out the 1st Church of Doojie.
We welcome 'your kind' too. ;)

Old 07-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Most Valued Platinum Member

Quote:
Well, not what i was aiming for, but if it helps. I was just putting out there who I am. I'm labeled an atheist, so if the shoe fits wear it.

You read some posts on how wonderful god is, and you need the 'spirit' to understand the bible, and how jesus helps balance my check book and the holy spirit returned all my overdue library books and videos...

I thought that I would post something that kinda kicks christ/church in the nuts. That you don't need to subscribe to a theology or some wack out obscure 'truth' that has been ignored for centuries. That a man alone can do it with out any god/s.
i just had a funny thought!? what if we looked at your leaving the formal/organized/church as......graduation!? a silent/secret thing!? now you ARE the mystery!? doing it's work unheralded by fame/notoriety!? this of course would remove the need to feel cheated/bitter!? and could ad understanding for the existence of said publicly displayed church!? no thang, just tryin to think outside the box!?

Old 07-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
i just had a funny thought!? what if we looked at your leaving the formal/organized/church as......graduation!? a silent/secret thing!?

I guess I think of it as you close one door and open another, don't forget to leave a grenade behind with the pin as a new key chain. :)

Old 07-30-2009, 10:50 AM
I am new at Scam.com