report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Is Max GXL a scam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieM View Post
Since none of our answers are good enough for you, premiering on September 27th, 2009, Max International will host a weekly one hour television show to be aired on Direct TV, every week for a least one full year. This show will focus on and highlight an introduction to our founders, interviews with Athletes and Doctors using Max products, etc. Broken into segments with titles such as, Athletes Corner, and The Doctor Is In, the one hour show will endeavor to offer a complete in-depth overview of both the Max products and business.

Perhaps you will be able to direct your concerns there.
It is not that your answers are not good enough....the problem is you don't answer them!!!... how many times do we have to ask to see outside independent research and studies to prove your claims? Distributors have posted claims that this research has been conducted yet no one can provide the proof.

This broadcast is nothing more than a televised Max meeting designed to help you DISTRIBUTORS....so what's your point and what does this prove? This is all from the inside NOTHING from the outside http://themagneticmentor.com/blog/maxtv/

How very "anti-MLM zealot" of me to make such statements and actually ask legitimate questions

This will run like an infomercial which will have a disclaimer that states that the information strictly portrays the views and opinions of the Max International company & brand.

Broadcasting information from within Max International on television does not prove anything.... however OUTSIDE INDEPENDENT STUDIES would.

When will you learn that the words of your leaders mean nothing except to those following them such as yourself? Why spend money on a year long broadcast contract when you could spend that money on Independent Studies?

Maggie, as I have said in the past You Haven't a Clue about business in my opinion judging by your posts. Like Al Lee who feels posting information on no named doctors and athletes are proof positive and whines because we are debating his product on a site called SCAM.COM

Last edited by bcnyc : 07-21-2009 at 10:23 AM.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:42 PM

Who do you think will step up and pay for independent studies of a product that they cannot market? Do you have any idea how much these clinical studies cost?

And if those same studies have been done, it's not important enough for me to track them down. I'm happy with the results and studies that I have seen.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Who do you think will step up and pay for independent studies of a product that they cannot market? Do you have any idea how much these clinical studies cost?

And if those same studies have been done, it's not important enough for me to track them down. I'm happy with the results and studies that I have seen.
STOP....You are killing me Maggie....soooo many questions answered in that short post

"Who do you think will step up and pay for independent studies of a product that they cannot market?"
If that was posted as a serious rebuttal I honestly feel bad...if not where do you get this stuff and do you perform anywhere? Forget the MLM route, stick with the comedy there may be some hidden potential you just let slip out.....work with it

I can not, I just can not.... I honestly feel bad for even challenging you and can only assume you are in similar company here .... You really, really don't need any prior business experience or a need to care about what you may or may not be selling to another human being to join .... I totally get it now

Old 07-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:

If that crap performed even a fraction of the medical miracles you MLMers are claiming, the pharmaceutical companies and real entrepreneurs would be fighting over who can get the rights to the stuff. There would be clinical studies as the stuff would be worth a veritable fortune if it could be proven to be medically necessary, beneficial and effective. Its obviously snakeoil that only clueless MLMers would peddle.

Soapboxmom

Old 07-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Associate

Wow! These MaxGXL haters certainly are a classy group of people. It must be a pleasure living in their bile-filled worlds.

I probably will not be doing any more posting here and I suggest to Maggie and the others that they not bother either.

These people are driven by hate (for some unexplained reason) and you can not separate such people from the biases they cherish.

I will respond to private messages from anyone reasonable, but contributing to this forum just gives these ranters more opportunity to hurl insults and accusations.

A psychologist might tell you that such people do what they do because they really feel inferior to the people they are insulting and this lets them have a moment to feel superior--or at least to act superior.

From what I have read here and from the hundreds of people involved with Max I have met, I would say those feelings might be well-founded.

I intend to quit giving them more targets. There are better things to do with my time.

Maggie, they are just baiting you to keep this going.

Incidentally, the only people I have heard claiming that MaxGXL accomplished any medical miracles were the people who experienced those results with the product. The company explicitly does not make any such claims and repeatedly instructs the distribution network not to make such claims.

"MaxGXL does not treat, cure, or prevent any disease..."

The only claims the company makes are for what has been proven in independent laboratory tests: it raises intracellular GSL levels 200-300% in 60 days in healthy people, more in some sick people; and it lowers inflammation 61%. Also now that it does not contain any banned substances since it has been tested by NSF International and passed for use by pro athletes.
Best,
Al

Last edited by Al.Lee : 07-21-2009 at 09:01 PM.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:14 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al.Lee View Post
"MaxGXL does not treat, cure, or prevent any disease..."

Best,
Al
They have thousands of sleazy reps like Matthew Adams making all sorts of claims. The company depends on the dishonest and desperate reps to give all sorts of testimonials. Since the snakeoil is basically useless and hasn't been tested in double blind clinical studies and may never be, these fantastic stories and inflated earnings claims are the only way to sell the crap. Matthew Adams was claiming a very generous six figure income from some slum apartments. That is quite dishonest in my book. If MaxGXL did do what numerous reps have claimed the pharmaceutical companies and universities would be clamoring to test it.

http://www.scam.com/showpost.php?p=734691&postcount=185

Soapboxmom

Old 07-22-2009, 09:14 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
I do not know what motivates the guys who continue to post defamatory statements about MaxGXL. I suspect that there is some history there; but do not know what it is. Or, they might be promoting something for themselves. Who knows.

Here is what I do know. I started taking MaxGXL in mid-February. I am 63 1/2 now and I get a physical every year since I was in my 40's because my Dr. is a belt-and-suspenders kind of person. (that super caution of hers probably saved my wife's life ten years ago, but that is another story).

I just got done with my annual stress test this morning. My BP was 130/80, the best it has ever been. I did 13:50 on the treadmill, the best I have ever done-EVER! And, I could have gone longer but that was enough to put me in the Dr.'s "A+" category, so I let her stop the treadmill. I never even broke into a run. The belt speeds up and the inclination increases every few minutes, so I was at the speed where most people would be running. I was still walking (fast). I joked with my Dr. that this supplement reverses my age, I am not 63 any longer, I am 36.

Also, my recovery after the exercize was incredibly fast. I remember lying on the bed in past years huffing and puffing. This time I was actually able to talk to the Dr. immediately after we stopped.

I go to a gym irregularly. I have noticed the same thing at the gym. I am not nearly as spent after exercizing, I can do more, I recover much faster.

I do not know what bozo thinks this will shorten my life. My Dr. remarked that I was in amazingly good health.
So are these results "Due" to MaxGXL in your opinion? You didn't come right out and say it but you are implying it here. Did you doctor not compliment you on "amazingly good health" last year when you went for your physical? Do you have before and after test results to share?

Old 07-22-2009, 09:55 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Wow! These MaxGXL haters certainly are a classy group of people. It must be a pleasure living in their bile-filled worlds.

I probably will not be doing any more posting here and I suggest to Maggie and the others that they not bother either.

These people are driven by hate (for some unexplained reason) and you can not separate such people from the biases they cherish.

Aren’t you cherishing a bias as well Al??!!!… Be careful of throwing rocks in that glass house Brother!

What most of the Reps are failing to realize is that Outside Independent Research is something that Max International would pay for; no truth or validity to Maggie’s post thus proving my public opinion regarding her lack of business knowledge (http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p=781260#post781260).

Outside research does not mean that the researcher will invest in or market the product; they would be hired to conduct the studies and provide the information found to Max International who in turn would publish the findings and supply the source that conducted the studies. Instead they spend money on conventions around the country to recruit and now a Direct TV Infomercial to help do the same.

By paying for Independent Studies they could substantiate their claims with proof and thus move their product by any means and YES that would include an MLM. But honestly they are smart…why bother, the Distributors are moving the product without it…. likely the findings would not be so favorable or in my opinion they would have the studies conducted which would boost the hell out of sales and even get them media coverage without the need to pay for the free exposure they would receive from the various news organizations that would get wind of this amazing suppliment.

To respond to your comment that we are “haters” I would like to say we are asking legitimate questions; questions that each and every distributor should have asked. How does this signify “hate”?

I do not see it as “hate”, I see it as intelligence, doing your due diligence and looking at the entire picture before just believing what you are told.

We ask questions, get no answers and are called anti-MLM zealots & haters just for doing so and not agreeing with your belief in something that has no outside backing or support to claims being made…. How very intelligent of you! Why is it that MLM Reps are so quick to label those that ask questions about a product or opportunity?

If asking questions and requesting proof to support answers makes me a “hater” what does following blindly make you?

As I have told Matthew Adams in the past when he would become so enraged that members of SCAM.com were debating and challenging the product…. you have joined the wrong site!

If you want everyone to agree with you why don’t you just move your posting efforts to the Max International blog where you all feel the same way due to heeding and believing the words spewed by the founders and save your newly MaxGXL gained energy boast on a less confrontational board! Stop your whining or move on as you have stated and advise others to do.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:26 AM

Oh, I'm sorry, I made a mistake...I thought you actually meant independent studies. If you mean studies that others have done with the Max paying for the studies, yes, those have been done. But then, won't you just say that Max paid for the results as well?

Al is right, it's a waste of good time here.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Oh, I'm sorry, I made a mistake...I thought you actually meant independent studies. If you mean studies that others have done with the Max paying for the studies, yes, those have been done. But then, won't you just say that Max paid for the results as well?

Al is right, it's a waste of good time here.
Please provide those studies... Max International paying for them is not a problem; no reputable lab would publish false information. The only problem with the research is if it was conducted in-house and not conducted by an independent non-affiliated lab.

I look forward to seeing your proof of independent studies since I find your response to be contradicting the information made available on the Max International web site:
"We were not able to find any clinical or scientific studies or medical reviews of Max GXL published in the National Library of Medicine (MEDLINE) using a PubMed search. Additionally, we were not able to find any ongoing or future planned clinical trials or medical trials of MaxGXL." ( http://max-gxl.org/#studies )

Old 07-22-2009, 10:54 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
http://www.gsh2themax.com/Download/Patent_2001.pdf

above is the link to the patent for MaxGXl issued in 2001. It is not pending, it is issued. The company does have an updated patent that is, I believe, still pending. They also have acquired another company with 9 issued patents that will further enhance the products, so there may be multiple patents applicable to MaxGXL (and N-FUze and MaxWLX and any future products).
You better re-read the patent....it is for Assignee: Vit-Immune, L. C., Hollywood, FL which was filed Apr. 29, 1999 and Granted in 2001.

MaxGXL’s® Patent Pending Formula Dramatically Increases Intracellular GSH. © 2006, Max International ™ ( http://maxinternational.com/products.php )

Someone is playing with words here!

Old 07-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Bronze Member

Multilevel marketing is top scam: Jon M. Taylor, MBA, Ph.D., is president of the Consumer Awareness Institute

While investment fraud, including Ponzi schemes, result in losses of tens of millions of dollars, Utah-based MLM fraud has led to aggregate annual losses totaling billions of dollars worldwide. Utah leads the world in concentration of these schemes.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_n24939706/

Max International - Salt Lake City, Utah 84047
Steven K. Scott - Salt Lake City, Utah 84047

Last edited by bcnyc : 07-22-2009 at 12:29 PM.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:35 PM
Consumer Advocate

After reading many posts on this thread it appears that Max GXL and Mannatech are almost twin sisters.

1. Both started by scammers

2. Same incredible claims with no double blind studies

3. Identical personality characteristic of distributor force.
i.e. brainwashed, parroting company line, totally blind to legitimate criticism

Mannatech is on its last leg. Check their stock prices on MTEX
yahoo finance board. Also a long 6+year history of messages very similar to this thread.

Maybe Max and Mannatech should merge. The two greatest ever immune boosters on the planet. WOW

Old 07-23-2009, 07:44 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by franktho2@fire2wire.com View Post
After reading many posts on this thread it appears that Max GXL and Mannatech are almost twin sisters.

1. Both started by scammers

2. Same incredible claims with no double blind studies

3. Identical personality characteristic of distributor force.
i.e. brainwashed, parroting company line, totally blind to legitimate criticism

Mannatech is on its last leg. Check their stock prices on MTEX
yahoo finance board. Also a long 6+year history of messages very similar to this thread.

Maybe Max and Mannatech should merge. The two greatest ever immune boosters on the planet. WOW
What's even more interesting is that when you investigate further Max International is a Limited Liability Corporation started in Salt Lake City , Utah in 2006 just when consumer protection against chain selling was further weakened by the 2006 Utah Legislature.

To see that Distributors such as Al Lee make claims that Max's "patent" was issued in 2001 when Max International was not around until 2006 shows that the Distributors follow blindly and do not do their due diligence to confirm they are involved with something legitimate and being promoted by truths.

In 2008 founders Fred Ninow, Steven Scott & Greg Fullerton were brought into court on matters involving violations of federal securities laws; fraudulent misrepresentation; breach of fiduciary duty; unjust enrichment; breach of contract matters for allegedly duping a group of Mormons into investing $285,000 in the company, and then refused to return the funds.Greg Fullerton, manager of ISP Services, promised up to 400 percent returns and predicted that annual sales would exceed $540 million, according to a lawsuit filed against the company and its directors. Also named in the court docket are Max Software Inc. and Max International LLC.

Patrick Ryan a southern California heavy hitter and Jim Sweeney a diamond associate were recently arrested and face 78 counts of grand theft and securities fraud. Bail has been set at $8.8 million each.

Does this sound like an honest, respectable lot of business men... the Distributors apparently think so.

Last edited by bcnyc : 07-23-2009 at 09:20 AM.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:30 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcnyc View Post
PARTIAL QUOTE ----You are all playing with your customer’s health without being able to supply the proper studies to back doing so; RISKY to say the least. How many diet pills have we seen promoted with basically similar claims (meaning inside studies and no outside testing) on television and in magazine ads that years later are recalled and banned due to long term use effects and some even involving death? They then are promoted by attorneys looking to start class action suites.

As I see it the short-term effects maybe fine but we don't know what happens if you take this for two decades. As distributors without the proper testing being done you have and continue to convince thousands of people to perform a massive experiment.
In the late 1990s, Metabolife was a wonder drug. It was a "natural" food supplement that stripped away pounds without diet or exercise. Sales of the product zoomed to over $1 billion a year. However, that came to an end, as Metabolife was blamed for seizures, heart attacks and strokes.
Source: http://www.10news.com/news/18727251/detail.html

Last edited by bcnyc : 07-23-2009 at 10:33 AM.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Associate

Maggie. These guys are trying to bait you into saying something you should not.

I do not know Mannatec or their products; but I understand that their problems started when some of their associates made medical claims. That is a right reserved for Big Pharma, so you can not get away with doing it.

IF a user of the product claims it cured him of something, that is one thing. If an associate or employee makes such a claim it is trouble for the company.

Mannatec may have fine products. Their associates may have gotten carried away or been baited like this to make illegal statements.

Watch what you say. Let them rave on.

Last weekend I met an MD who spent years trying to help his patients. He studied the NIH articles and figured out that if he could increase GSH it would help them a lot.

He tried dozens of different supplements and combinations for years to no avail.

A layman who worked for him was taking MaxGXL and was an Associate and tried to explain it to the MD. The MD admitted that his response was that he had gone to 9 years of school, been in practice for 26 years, and has been studying this problem for 3 1/2 years, and has determined that nothing works. Whey protein, NAC, ALA, whatever. He knew about every one of the ingredients of MaxGXL and had tried every one and various combinations. How could this guy know the answer when he was not even a doctor?

The layman somehow convinced the Doc to try it on a few patients. He said the results were astounding.

Within 2 weeks he was getting emails, letters, and walk-ins of long-time patients who thought whatever it was he was giving them must be a miracle.

The MD signed up as an associate.

I guess they scammed him and a bunch of his patients, too. These guys are really tricky!

Oh, as for my stress test results. No, of course I do not credit the Max. I think it is normal for a guy over 63 to outperform himself when he was 40. Isn't that how it usually goes?

Ah well, we have been warned to be choosy about where we cast our pearls. I'll just leave on that.

Last edited by Al.Lee : 07-23-2009 at 09:54 PM.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:22 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Maggie. These guys are trying to bait you into saying something you should not.

I do not know Mannatec or their products; but I understand that their problems started when some of their associates made medical claims. That is a right reserved for Big Pharma, so you can not get away with doing it.

IF a user of the product claims it cured him of something, that is one thing. If an associate or employee makes such a claim it is trouble for the company.

Mannatec may have fine products. Their associates may have gotten carried away or been baited like this to make illegal statements.

Watch what you say. Let them rave on.

Last weekend I met an MD who spent years trying to help his patients. He studied the NIH articles and figured out that if he could increase GSH it would help them a lot.

He tried dozens of different supplements and combinations for years to no avail.

A layman who worked for him was taking MaxGXL and was an Associate and tried to explain it to the MD. The MD admitted that his response was that he had gone to 9 years of school, been in practice for 26 years, and has been studying this problem for 3 1/2 years, and has determined that nothing works. Whey protein, NAC, ALA, whatever. He knew about every one of the ingredients of MaxGXL and had tried every one and various combinations. How could this guy know the answer when he was not even a doctor?

The layman somehow convinced the Doc to try it on a few patients. He said the results were astounding.

Within 2 weeks he was getting emails, letters, and walk-ins of long-time patients who thought whatever it was he was giving them must be a miracle.

The MD signed up as an associate.

I guess they scammed him and a bunch of his patients, too. These guys are really tricky!

Oh, as for my stress test results. No, of course I do not credit the Max. I think it is normal for a guy over 63 to outperform himself when he was 40. Isn't that how it usually goes?

Ah well, we have been warned to be choosy about where we cast our pearls. I'll just leave on that.
Post some proof,huckster.You're just posting the same,tired rehashed anonymous testimonials. As the bearded one said"it's better to be thought of as a fool,than to open ones mouth (or keyboard in your case) and prove it.

Old 07-25-2009, 03:24 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertcj1002 View Post
Post some proof,huckster.You're just posting the same,tired rehashed anonymous testimonials. As the bearded one said"it's better to be thought of as a fool,than to open ones mouth (or keyboard in your case) and prove it.
It's the liar Matthew Adams just posting under another name, surely? Same sort of stories, same wording, same attempts at getting "medical credibility" with references to an "anonymous MD" even after independent medical research shows that such products are shortening some people's lives, these people really are the pits.