report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Gold Member

Re: Easy Google Profit SCAM

It would probably be helpful to those who do not know what this is about from those that have purchased this.

Why is it a scam?

Old 06-28-2009, 08:32 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myglobalresults View Post
It would probably be helpful to those who do not know what this is about from those that have purchased this.

Why is it a scam?
Easy Google Profit, Google Money Tree, Google Treasure Chest, are all classified as scams because of their business practices.
They first claim in their ads that all you have to pay for is shipping. They hide their terms and conditions and use deceptive methods to distract a customer from the fact that you are actually signing up for a membership with monthly fees.
That I believe, is false advertisement. They claim to send customers who pay the shipping charge a cd containing all the information you need to earn X amount of money a week. (usually $3500-$5000)
A very small percentage of people actually received the disk. And from what they found on the disk, it was nothing more than generic information that you can learn on your own for free.
A trojan virus was also found on the cd's. The virus seems to search for contact info on the users computer. (E-mail contacts for the most part) They could then sell those addresses to spammers and if the contacts had phone numbers listed with them, they could possibly use that info in the same way.
Aside from all of that, they claim to have a 30 day money back guarantee. That has been proven to be a lie. As for Google Money Tree, the ONLY way to get a refund was to contact a user here at this forum. The customer service line was bogus. Yea people answered the phones and even gave out bogus cancellation numbers, but money tree had no intentions on providing refunds.
Instead, they send a "rep" to this forum (which happens to discuss their scam) and have him hurl insults and worthless threats at anyone that caught on to the scam. Check out pages 1-3 of this forum. They will give you a real good idea of the mentality of these criminals.

Basically, they never had a valid product to sell, they used deception and outright lies to steal money from people that happen to still have faith in others.
Check back here often. There is a regular user here that managed to receive the cd. He will be able to post more details about the contents of the disk.

Last edited by OneQuestion : 06-28-2009 at 08:41 PM.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Silver Member

Yeah I would have to agree that almost everything I have ran across for Google Adwords in a scam. Most of these scams sign you up for a 7-14 day trial and then if you don't cancel you will be billed.

The only thing I can think of that is not a scam is maybe an eBook on how to use it effectively. I think beating Adwords is a good book, but not a scam.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:01 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneQuestion View Post
I am unable to view the cached pages of the deleted forum. Was curious, was there a lot of attachments being posted? Such as multiple links to the same website, or perhaps, information posted that may have violated a copyright law or two? Reason I ask is because that may be the reason for the forum being removed. Of course we can not escape the fact that scam.com has the right to remove any information posted for any reason at all.

maybe the mormons did it

**When we sense and move with the energy that is manifesting throughout the universe we find that we have a greater ability to live a life that is healthy and fulfilling.**
I think that it may have been do to a link that revealed some of the copyrighted information that was on the disk, someone, posted.
I will not put a link to that ever again, or ever copy and print out examples of the garbage that they are sending out to people. I promise.
The printed text is small and poorly presented. Most of the information is old and outdated and can be found easily on the internet and in better format.
Basically, it is like me writing an ebook on electricity, something that I know very little about, by gathering all of the information from places on the internet and old reference manuals, and then putting it onto a CD as original work.
Next, giving it away for shipping costs in hopes that no one notices that they are actually signing up for a membership to my Expert Electrician's website where they can learn more of the same stuff that I gather for free from other sites and only charge them 71.00$ US, or more for, each and every month. And then give or sell their information to other people for even more monthly charges and money in my pocket.

Free Tools and Resources for making money online: Raief.com.

26 free videos on how to create a web business.

Last edited by gregw2 : 06-29-2009 at 02:03 AM.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:40 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hello....
Easy Google profit is not scam but some people has made using as way of earning money that without making any inquiry....

Old 06-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by morkelkey View Post
Hello....
Easy Google profit is not scam but some people has made using as way of earning money that without making any inquiry....
Er, what are you on about mate? Did you not read the posts above!?

It is a scam because the ongoing monthly charges are buried in the terms and conditions on a seperate page (which is illegal under FTC regulations) and not mentioned at all on the sign-up page or payment page. Even if you do find out about the monthly rebilling before you order - you only have 7 days "free trial" from when you order - so the charges often begin before you even receive anything. The info they send (if they even send it) is just a bunch of worthless outdated ebooks. Cancelling is apperently almost impossible - you get put on hold for hours, hung-up on or just get an answering machine. Even if/when you do get through and cancel they charges - you often still get charged again anyway. You also get signed up for a bunch of other stuff and have to try and cancel those too. (As said above - don't waste your time and money - get your bank to do a chargeback on all unauthorised charges)

eg: "I was charged a total of $203.00 from my bank account. It was from Google Treasure Chest, A1 Member, Safelock ID, and Grants Master. All I did was purchased a CD for $1.97 which was paid toward shipping and handling. And a couple of weeks later I was charged $72.21 twice. Safelock ID charged me $38.84, A1 Member charged me $24.87, and Grants Master charged me $24.87. "
Source of quote here.

Not to mention that these offers/kits are promoted by affiliates of the CPA networks via fake blogs (made up story, stock photos, fake comments/testimonials), maxmind ip locater script to place the person who wrote the blog in your location, photoshopped fake cheques/checks etc, etc. Some CPA affiliates also promote these offers by spamming Cr@igs list users and Yahoo Answers as well as other so called "black hat" methods. So morkelkey, in light of the above please explain how it is "not a scam"?!

-

Old 06-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukscambuster View Post
Er, what are you on about mate? Did you not read the posts above!?

It is a scam because the ongoing monthly charges are buried in the terms and conditions on a seperate page (which is illegal under FTC regulations) and not mentioned at all on the sign-up page or payment page. So morkelkey, in light of the above please explain how it is "not a scam"?!

-
Thanks for explaining but I think that this person, morkelkey, is a spammer and or a bot. I checked his other two comments out and it seems that his only purpose is to advertise his affiliate signature link. His comments are trite and shallow without any real substance.

Last edited by gregw2 : 06-29-2009 at 01:23 PM.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:00 PM
Silver Member

I am leaning towards the bot concept. All three posts were made exactly 4 minutes apart, and as gregw2 stated, the posts do not really amount to anything. Almost confusing. A bot or poor english.

Thank you gregw2 for clearifying the reason for the closure. That would definitely get a thread pulled! I guess we have lucked out on the money tree thread as far as copyrighted material being posted.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:42 AM
I am new at Scam.com

This is infuriating!!!

I (like a lot of people on here) saw the name 'Google' and having just been made redundant thought why not try to earn myself some money online, as i'm pretty good with computers etc. So i input my visa details and £1.19 (1.87USD) was immediately taken from my account.
However as previously mentioned i'm also not hugely passionate about any one subject enough to start my own blog; so i cancelled 2 days into the initial 7-day trial by emailing- support@googlerevolution.com. I had to send the identical email 3 times before i got a reply simply saying: Hi, Your order ID **** has been cancelled.

Now this was back at the start of June, and as i'd received notice of my cancellation i thought that was that.

HOW WRONG COULD I BE!!!!

I was checking my online bank account just now, and yesterday £23.02 (37.63USD) was taken in the name of 'clicksellgo'. I had no idea who this company was and how the hell they'd managed to get access to my visa details- until i searched on (ironically) Google and found that both companies are linked.

So 20 days after the initial charge from 'Google Revolution was withdrawn, i now have an unauthorised charge of £23.02 and i'm at a loss about what to do.
I have emailed the customer service team at 'ClickSellGo' and hopefully will get a response, but i guess the next step is to cancel my visa card- how annoying!!

I will update with the developments of this mess.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie-uk View Post
This is infuriating!!!
Yes! By all means cancel your card and better yet, have your bank issue a chargeback. As posted on the google money tree forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukscambuster View Post
You would probably be better off contacting your bank and doing a chargeback on the unauthorized transactions.
Scammers hate chargebacks because it gets their merchant account (payment processing service) red flagged and it costs them money over and above the cost of the refund. If enough people do chargebacks then the scammer gets their merchant account closed down and that stops them scamming until they open up a new one. So it's win, win - you get a refund and it costs the scammers money! ;)

Old 07-01-2009, 03:42 PM
I am new at Scam.com

also be careful with TWITTER PROFITS....another scam.

with the google profits, make sure you have closed your google profits account as well as any other ones that you may have unknowingly signed up for. the most helpful # I found is 8667330577

Old 07-01-2009, 07:38 PM
I am new at Scam.com

We had a credit card expert recommend that you don't call and attempt to cancel Easy Google Profit or any of these other bogus programs.

If you call, they can put you on hold, then can use their phone records as their defense of any chargeback dispute. Basically that you called them for more than 10 minutes and the charge is a phone consultation fee and is a legit charge.

He recommended that you report the card stolen or cancel it rather than call to cancel, then dispute the charges. He also recommended contacting a fraud attorney about starting or joining a civil class action dispute against them. Note, I'm not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV.

You can check it out here: Easy Google Profit Scam

Old 07-04-2009, 01:13 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Plumber View Post
We had a credit card expert recommend that you don't call and attempt to cancel Easy Google Profit or any of these other bogus programs.

If you call, they can put you on hold, then can use their phone records as their defense of any chargeback dispute. Basically that you called them for more than 10 minutes and the charge is a phone consultation fee and is a legit charge.

He recommended that you report the card stolen or cancel it rather than call to cancel, then dispute the charges. He also recommended contacting a fraud attorney about starting or joining a civil class action dispute against them. Note, I'm not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV.

You can check it out here: Easy Google Profit Scam
Excellent information! This is a new one for me. I had not heard about this before now.
I hope that many people receive this information.
In fact this is the impetus, the thread that is pushing me to creating a new website.
There are so many scam buster sites already, but none of them are enough, or as revealing as scam.com, enough said.

Old 07-04-2009, 01:18 AM
Gold Member

I just want to thank everyone for their ongoing involvement in helping the scam victims and anyone that searches for information about products online that are new and too good to be true.

Last edited by gregw2 : 07-04-2009 at 01:24 AM.

Old 07-04-2009, 01:23 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneQuestion View Post
I am leaning towards the bot concept. All three posts were made exactly 4 minutes apart, and as gregw2 stated, the posts do not really amount to anything. Almost confusing. A bot or poor English.

Thank you gregw2 for clarifying the reason for the closure. That would definitely get a thread pulled! I guess we have lucked out on the money tree thread as far as copyrighted material being posted.
Thanks for the support. You are probably correct. It was a post to a web-page that showed all of the copyrighted information, in detail.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Silver Member

This photo used in the testimonial is from a stock photo website:
http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-pho...n-the-park.php

Here it is used with a testimonial which says "I get paid while mowing the lawn. I get paid while cleaning the garage. No matter what I'm doing... I keep getting paid!" Erik D
https://www.yoursearchprofits.com/05...itid=664643924

But here the person giving that testimonial has a completely different name and photo! :
"I get paid while mowing the lawn. I get paid while cleaning the garage. No matter what I'm doing... I keep getting paid!" Andrew L
https://goolg7e.secureordersmanager....filiateid=CD1_

Go to another of the "Google Kit" scam sites and the testimonial is attributed to yet another name and photo:
"I get paid while mowing the lawn. I get paid while cleaning the garage. No matter what I'm doing... I keep getting paid!" Kyle G
https://secure3.s3curehost.com/gonb/...6821caadf8ecb8

However, the original quote was stolen from the Washington Post:
http://www.workathometruth.com/blog/...y-of-andrew-c/

By the way - not just scam but spam - and lot's of it.
yoursearchprofits.com
"After entering our e-mail address on this site, we received 154 e-mails per week. They were very spammy."
http://www.siteadvisor.be/sites/your...stid?p=1806154

Old 07-04-2009, 05:00 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I stopped complaining about that because it does no good. It is up to us to help those that we can by keeping people posted and aware of the new sites as they appear.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:03 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghna View Post
I stopped complaining about that because it does no good. It is up to us to help those that we can by keeping people posted and aware of the new sites as they appear.
I have been getting email ads for Twitter Cash Kit lately and it is another site that has been created by the people out of Provo Utah. There are already complaints being lodged about this program on various websites.
It has a recurring monthly charge of $49.95.
Name: Prosper Inc
Phone: (800) 748-5199
Fax: (801) 437-5927
Address: 5072 North 300 West
Provo, UT 84604-5652
They also use a CO address but good luck in any cancellation
attempt or refund from them.
You may cancel your use of the Services and/or terminate this
Agreement with or without cause at any time by providing
notice at http://www.prosperuniversity.com/contact.html, or
by contacting Prosper University at 1-888-783-7260 or via
mail at 1560 Broadway Ste. 2090 Denver, CO 80202.
Good Luck with that!