report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2009, 09:00 AM
Diamond Member

Re: ****** University Scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherib_squashes_quakery View Post
Maybe this is over your head but what I am trying to do is prevent other innocent people from being sucked in by ******.
You sound pretty upset Lisa, what's wrong, are you running out of script?

Script? Ok, I'm done with you. You haven't addressed a single point made against your argument and you just keep posting complaints. I COULD waste my time googling complaints for state universities and start posting them to, just to show you how much of a jackass you're being. But there'd be no point, because you wouldn't pay attention to it anyway.

So have fun whining, when in the end it was your own fault that you were put into that situation.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Banned

Lisan/Nomaxim,

It is you that has not come up with any real issues or discussed a single complaint here. All I hear is either that you post on the political board or that you think you know my ISP. Guess what, it's not road runner although I do use broad band. Now do you want to rub your crystal ball and tell me the real name of my broadband service, how old I am, how many children I have and their ages and my spouses name too?

The fact is once again, that my ISP has nothing to do with the real issues here. That is only and you know it. And it appears to me that all you want to do is disagree with me and try to win an argument even though you know that you are wrong. Is that what this is all about, just winning an argument without facts?

And I would like to hear the other side of the story as well. Perhaps someone from ****** in an official capacity will respond. And hopefully that person will not retort to mere scripted responses and normal rhetoric.

All I get from you is

Do you even care about people who may be getting ripped off?
Doesn't look it.

Last edited by cherib_squashes_quakery : 03-30-2009 at 11:18 AM. Reason: typo

Old 03-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Iconoclast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Script? Ok, I'm done with you. You haven't addressed a single point made against your argument and you just keep posting complaints. I COULD waste my time googling complaints for state universities and start posting them to, just to show you how much of a jackass you're being. But there'd be no point, because you wouldn't pay attention to it anyway.

So have fun whining, when in the end it was your own fault that you were put into that situation.
The problem, Lisa, is that the real reason this dweeb is posting here has not yet come to light. This is someone who claims she was trying to go to a University and cannot seem to even write in a coherent fashion.

If she cannot write then sure as shooting she was not able to read anything about the University.

And she provides no Bona Fides as to her standing on this. Interesting.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherib_squashes_quakery
It is you that has not come up with any real issues or discussed a single complaint here.
Well, that appears to be a false statement.

Post #4
Quote:
I reiterate, if you really want a quality education, go to a quality school. Go on campus with real teachers not some online tutor and email a question crap. Go first class. Go to a school that requires SAT scores, not just a GED to get in.
Post #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomaxim
Quote:
It is now Jan. 19, 2009. ****** is still sending emails claiming I need to log into my classes that I never confirmed. They are also sending me book store information claiming I need to buy more books.They have not sent the return address labels and they have not responded to the bbb complaint.

Jmd
Taunton, Massachusetts
U.S.A.
Odd, that the BBB report gives them a A+ rating and shows no unanswered complaints in the last 3 years. They also have 5 campuses located in Iowa and 2 in Nebraska. The also have accreditation per ope.ed.gov/accreditation but do not have any specialized accreditation.
Quote:
Go to a school that requires SAT scores, not just a GED to get in.
Many states do not require a SAT or ACT after a certain age. Ohio does not require either if you are over the age of 26 for example. Note that this only applies to public institutions and not private ones in Ohio.
I pointed out a issue with the BBB report conflicting with this complaint, the BBB giving ****** a A+ rating, that ****** does have a campus (7 in fact), and your statement about the SAT/ACT's. You have not as yet responded to any of those.

Also, the BBB report shows 215 complaints in the last 3 years, avg. of 72 a year.
RipOffReport has 115 complaints 30NOV2005, avg. 35 a year.
Thats a average of 107 complaints a year.
Kent State, where I work, gives ~4,000 diplomas a year with 22,000 students. Per the Wiki article ****** has 48,000 students. So ****** likely gives around 7,500 diplomas a year. That works out to 1 (one) complaint for every 70 diplomas given.
The national average for incoming freshman dropping out before receiving a diploma is about 1 in 5.

Myself and 'lisan23' are two different people, Post #18 gives anyone a way to verify that. Your speculation that we are the same person appears to be based simply on the premise that we do not agree with you and perhaps ignorance on your part.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23
I COULD waste my time googling complaints for state universities and start posting them to, just to show you how much of a jackass you're being.
You may find this of interest. The search results for the University of Phoenix at RipOffReport shows 442 complaints. That's almost 4 (four) times as many as ****** University has at 115.

Last edited by nomaxim : 03-30-2009 at 12:47 PM.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:06 PM
Newbie Member

This is ridiculous! I have been with ****** for two semesters. All this crybabying you're doing is ridiculous. Find something better to do. If you would have throughly researched before maybe you wouldn't be in this predictament in the first place. Stop whining and get over it! Sad really!

I'm loving the school. So far only complaint is getting my new advisor to call. I could care less about whiners like this one.

Get a life.
Tinajo650

Old 03-31-2009, 04:34 PM
Banned

A positive and articulate defense for ****** for a change...

Cheri:
RE: ****** University

Cheri,

I have read with interest your various posts regarding ****** University. Unlike the others, I am not going to reference your ISP or make wise cracks. You are entitled to your feelings and no doubt feel cheated by your experience. All I want to say is that not all online schools are created equally.

Many, as you say, are gimmicky and offer a worthless piece of paper. On the other hand, even quality schools, of which ****** is one of the finest quality schools can only offer the education, the basic tools. They cannot offer or guarantee job placement and as far as i know, ****** never has promised job placement or any guaranteed income from a job position as a result of taking their courses.

Just as you inidicated in your expose of many multi level companies which are crooked but turn around and indicate that some (very few) are good, particularly the MLM's that are publicly traded, so are some schools "crappy" but others outstanding.

****** is owned by the Washington Post and has been around for over 70 years. Besides myself, I know mnay people personally who have benefitted from their courses and advanced their caeers. The courses deliver on their promises as far as providing education. It is up to the student to sell themselves and find employment. ****** does offer some help there, but not much.

As for the GED/HS diploma requirement, what is wrong with offering average students an opportunity to get a superior education and find better paying jobs? I think ****** should be commended for this. Just like ****** is using new technology to reach out to new markets, they are also using new standards to allow anyone an opportunity to get ahead and once again what is wrong with that?

Regarding the complaints and unhappy "Kaplonites" that you continue to post, how do you know that they are telling you the truth? Could just be someone who flunked a class or didn't know how to sell themselves to an employer or someone in financial diress who could not pay for the program or couldn't get a grant or any number of reasons. In any case, these people perhaps just don't want to take responsibility.

Once again, Cheri, ****** has been around for over 70 years and is accredited with the Higher Learning Commission and I have yet to find any legitimate complaints against ****** registered with the BBB, anywhere.

And finally, please don't let that antagonist on this board get to you. He/she has as much as admitted that more than one computer is in use in their posts. Note the comment about using a pc at Kent College? So they post one time from home and then use the college pc so it shows as another ISP. This person is only playing you and as you said, could care less about people. They are on this board for the sake of message board chatter irregardless of the subject matter.

So Cheri, try to be a little more open minded about ******. They are a good University and are doing a tremendous service especially in these economic times. I'm sure that you wouldn't want to see someone who is trying to get ahead not take advantage of ****** and lose out on a better paying job based on your remarks would you?

Peace Cheri,

Mike Sill,
Utah

While Mike hasn't sold me on ****** yet, at least he does make some valid points and knows how to communicate in a civilized way. And he doesn't use multiple aliases and pc's either, like some people I know.

"I want to win this argument Cheri even if I don't know what the hell I am talking about."

Last edited by cherib_squashes_quakery : 03-31-2009 at 04:41 PM. Reason: typo

Old 04-01-2009, 03:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
A positive and articulate defense for ****** for a change...

Cheri:

Cheri,

I have read with interest your various posts regarding ****** University. Unlike the others, I am not going to reference your ISP or make wise cracks. You are entitled to your feelings and no doubt feel cheated by your experience. All I want to say is that not all online schools are created equally.

Many, as you say, are gimmicky and offer a worthless piece of paper. On the other hand, even quality schools, of which ****** is one of the finest quality schools can only offer the education, the basic tools. They cannot offer or guarantee job placement and as far as i know, ****** never has promised job placement or any guaranteed income from a job position as a result of taking their courses.

Just as you inidicated in your expose of many multi level companies which are crooked but turn around and indicate that some (very few) are good, particularly the MLM's that are publicly traded, so are some schools "crappy" but others outstanding.

****** is owned by the Washington Post and has been around for over 70 years. Besides myself, I know mnay people personally who have benefitted from their courses and advanced their caeers. The courses deliver on their promises as far as providing education. It is up to the student to sell themselves and find employment. ****** does offer some help there, but not much.

As for the GED/HS diploma requirement, what is wrong with offering average students an opportunity to get a superior education and find better paying jobs? I think ****** should be commended for this. Just like ****** is using new technology to reach out to new markets, they are also using new standards to allow anyone an opportunity to get ahead and once again what is wrong with that?

Regarding the complaints and unhappy "Kaplonites" that you continue to post, how do you know that they are telling you the truth? Could just be someone who flunked a class or didn't know how to sell themselves to an employer or someone in financial diress who could not pay for the program or couldn't get a grant or any number of reasons. In any case, these people perhaps just don't want to take responsibility.

Once again, Cheri, ****** has been around for over 70 years and is accredited with the Higher Learning Commission and I have yet to find any legitimate complaints against ****** registered with the BBB, anywhere.

And finally, please don't let that antagonist on this board get to you. He/she has as much as admitted that more than one computer is in use in their posts. Note the comment about using a pc at Kent College? So they post one time from home and then use the college pc so it shows as another ISP. This person is only playing you and as you said, could care less about people. They are on this board for the sake of message board chatter irregardless of the subject matter.

So Cheri, try to be a little more open minded about ******. They are a good University and are doing a tremendous service especially in these economic times. I'm sure that you wouldn't want to see someone who is trying to get ahead not take advantage of ****** and lose out on a better paying job based on your remarks would you?

Peace Cheri,

Mike Sill,
Utah

While Mike hasn't sold me on ****** yet, at least he does make some valid points and knows how to communicate in a civilized way. And he doesn't use multiple aliases and pc's either, like some people I know.

"I want to win this argument Cheri even if I don't know what the hell I am talking about."
Happy April Fool's Day. See you decided to make a imaginary friend for April 1st.

And since you are still not getting it.
No one posting in this thread knows what your ISP is, nor do they care. It's a sig. and is meant as a joke. It clearly explains that in the links and everyone else understands that. And as in the example I gave when posting from work and as the danasoft.com/ link says,
Quote:
Your IP address and other information are only visible to YOU, not to others, but because people see their own IP address and computer information displayed on a blog or in a public forum, they think that their information can be seen by everyone!
Quote:
When you view the sign, you will see your IP address and computer info. When others view the sign, they will see THEIR information. Try it, ask a friend to visit danasoft.com. They won't see your IP, they will see their IP. Your information is never shown to others. This is always true, no matter where the Danasoft sign appears (within web pages, emails, etc).
Just go to the local library and try one of the public computers there to read this thread. You will see the IP and ISP of the library computer not your home computers information.

It is not very complex and most people understand it.

Let me put it this way. The code in my sig. tells a computer, every computer, to post the following information in the little grey box.
Quote:
IP number
ISP
Operating system
Your computer fills in its information. My computer fills in its information. When I'm at work that computer fills in that information. lisan23's computer fills in its information. Everyone will see their own information in the little grey box of my sig. They do not see anyone else's information.

That's the joke,
Quote:
they think that their information can be seen by everyone!

Last edited by nomaxim : 04-01-2009 at 11:21 AM.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Banned

Not an imaginary friend but if Mike is, then I guess all the others are too, you know the ones you claimed I ripped off of some website. Seriously, will your b.s. ever stop?

As for ISP/IP etc., did you forget that I posted this a few days ago:

As for ISP# etc., not even close. Nice try though. In reality, the only person who would really know that information would be the webmaster and website owner. Like I said, nice try.

And as far as I know, webmasters are not supposed to engage in the manner that you have - BUSTED!

And since you can't figure this out for yourself, let me clue you in - people are laughing at you and this website. Nice going.

Keep hopping from your home computer to the one at college and I assume one at your local library too. Is that how you justify your job?

All I get from you is Are you dizzy? You sure sound like it.

Cheri (-:

Old 04-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Not an imaginary friend but if Mike is, then I guess all the others are too, you know the ones you claimed I ripped off of some website. Seriously, will your b.s. ever stop?
Actually, I said that you were 'cut & pasting' from another website Post #11,
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomaxim
What exactly do you know about them. After all, all your doing is coping posts from RipOffReport.com,
RipOffReport.com is the other website.

Post #6
Quote:
Posted on 03-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Here is another complaint against ******:

****** University

****** University Run around Davenport, Iowa

****** University first contacted me on Feb 12, 2009 via my online inquiry. The admissions advisor was very personable and friendly. After spending an hour on the phone with them the stated that I needed to fill out enrollment forms and forward those along with my FASFA information. I did so on the 14th and a week went by with no reply from the advisor or any one at ******. I called the advisor and was told my email was mistakenly directed to their spam folder. They apologized and gave me a $1000 voucher to go towards my final semister before graduation. Basically a coupon for $1000 off the cost of tuition.

I then had to take an Academic Readiness test online which consisted of 30 questions upon which you get 8 minutes to complete. They do not expect you to answer all questions in the alotted time as the questions get more difficult as you proceed through the test. I submitted the test and the following day received an email from the admissions advisor that I did FANTASTIC and to give them a call so that we could begin registering for classes.

When constacted the advisor asked me how many questions I answered. Now I'm thinking if they have the test there in front of them they should know how many questions I answered. I replied that I had no idea. They said I got 26 right. I know for a fact I did not get through to 26 questions. I may have gotten to 15 but not 26.

They immediately transferred me to a class advisor who was to register me for classes but was told they could not find the results of the test and that my assigned advisor would call me the next day at 1:00. By 2 o'clock a call was yet to be received. I contacted the advisor and got the impression that they had no idea they were to call me. They stalled a while and then it seemed as though they were distracted. I was then told they 'might have to go into a staff meeting. Oh yes, we have to go into a staff meeting. I call you back right after the meeting.'

These red flags along with all the report about ****** help me to make up my mind to un-enroll from ****** University before I was out thousands of dollars like I have read about on Ripoff Report.com.

Thank you everyone who has been kind enough to share your ****** misfortunes with the rest of us. I'm sorry for your struggles but will pray that the ****** reaps what they sow!

Emma
Wise to the scam, Michigan
U.S.A.
RipOffReport.com-****** University Run around Davenport, Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma
Posted on 2/26/2009 3:07:00 PM
****** University first contacted me on Feb 12, 2009 via my online inquiry. The admissions advisor was very personable and friendly. After spending an hour on the phone with them the stated that I needed to fill out enrollment forms and forward those along with my FASFA information. I did so on the 14th and a week went by with no reply from the advisor or any one at ******. I called the advisor and was told my email was mistakenly directed to their spam folder. They apologized and gave me a $1000 voucher to go towards my final semister before graduation. Basically a coupon for $1000 off the cost of tuition.

I then had to take an Academic Readiness test online which consisted of 30 questions upon which you get 8 minutes to complete. They do not expect you to answer all questions in the alotted time as the questions get more difficult as you proceed through the test. I submitted the test and the following day received an email from the admissions advisor that I did FANTASTIC and to give them a call so that we could begin registering for classes.

When constacted the advisor asked me how many questions I answered. Now I'm thinking if they have the test there in front of them they should know how many questions I answered. I replied that I had no idea. They said I got 26 right. I know for a fact I did not get through to 26 questions. I may have gotten to 15 but not 26.

They immediately transferred me to a class advisor who was to register me for classes but was told they could not find the results of the test and that my assigned advisor would call me the next day at 1:00. By 2 o'clock a call was yet to be received. I contacted the advisor and got the impression that they had no idea they were to call me. They stalled a while and then it seemed as though they were distracted. I was then told they 'might have to go into a staff meeting. Oh yes, we have to go into a staff meeting. I call you back right after the meeting.'

These red flags along with all the report about ****** help me to make up my mind to un-enroll from ****** University before I was out thousands of dollars like I have read about on Ripoff Report.com.

Thank you everyone who has been kind enough to share your ****** misfortunes with the rest of us. I'm sorry for your struggles but will pray that the ****** reaps what they sow!

Emma
Wise to the scam, Michigan
U.S.A.
So now you are trying to say that you didn't 'copy & paste' that post?

Sorry, but it appears by your consistent baiting and flaming that you seem to have absolutely no concern about ****** University at all. You also do not seem to pay any attention to the facts or have any regard for anyone's else's point of view. Nor do you appear to have any knowledge about how the internet and forums operate. IMO you are only posting in order to draw attention to yourself and to be argumentative. That would make you what is commonly known on the internet and in forums as a 'troll'. And everyone knows how to treat a troll.

Oh well, another one for the ole 'ignore list'.

PS.
Putting someone on your 'Ignore list' means you will no longer see any of their posts.

So don't feel burdened with posting a response. I won't see it. In fact, may I suggest that you get back to your MLM's.

Sign by Danasoft -

Last edited by nomaxim : 04-02-2009 at 08:55 AM.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Banned

What I said is that I recieve emails from many people. But who is going to take you seriously, somebody who obviously never takes the time to read my posts or is not intelligent enough to understand them? Are you mad at me because I busted your comments about my so called IP address? And besides, you are defending ****** and you also defnd the pyramid MLM scams. I think that says it all. But if you want more complaints about ******, they're coming.

Have A Nice Day!

Cheri

Old 04-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Banned

Check this out...........

wish I had come across this sooner but now I am at a loss with them also. They are trained very well to cover their tracks in over charging and mishandling funds.

193 days ago by Larry Boze [send email] 0 Votes
I agree with all of the above complaints. I have dealt with a lot of Universities in the past 20+ years and have never encountered such poor customer service. I also, withdrew after taking a masters level class in criminal justice due to a limitation by my agency on re-imbursement for college. Upon my withdrawl, after completing the first class in my masters, the University immediatley disabled my access to my transcripts. My agency will not re-imburse college fees without a grade report.

I had to call ****** University student accounts on several occassions to obtain my grades so that payment could be made by my agency. When I did receive a bill it was in the amount of $1, 542.86. This is what my agency paid to the University, problem solved. Not so fast.

Approximately two (2) weeks after paying the bill I received another statement advising that I still owed the University another $200.00. I explained my situation to the student accounts representative and she advised to send her a copy of the bill that was sent to my agency. I immediately sent the bill to her thinking that she would review the information and formulate a plan to rectify the situation. No, I was contacted by another person the very next day asking for their $200.00. I attempted to explain to this person that the situation was in the process of being resolved and this person became rude on the phone. I was again contacted the next business day by yet another student account representative who was no more pleasant than the other ones that had called prior to their calls.

I called the Student Account manager who, after talking with her, made it clear to me why all of the other callers had a rude and demeaning tone when talking with clients.

In short, I would recommend that anyone thinking of enrolling in this University do their research prior to taking a chance on having problems with their billing department. At least, if you do enroll, keep copies of everything you are sent via e-mail or U.S postal service.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All I have been trying to do is get people to check this outfit out. Those silly commercials on TV are filled with actors, not students. (Why do you think ****** chrges $60,000 and up for their overpriced courses?? The money goes to pay the actors.)

And there are other options. Also, I never applied to ******, but know others who have. I earned my degree the old fashioned way by going to an accredited university, attended classes on Campus, had real live interaction with real teachers. ****** may be a viable choice, all I am saying is be careful.

On the other hand, my one and only protagonist seems to be intent on deflecting issues, creating multiple aliases, hopping from a home computer to a college or library computer (seriously, does anyone really think this clown attends college? LOL) And create an argumentative enviroment without basis.

Now watch, when this person comes back, the attention will be on IP address (like that has anything to do with the issues at ****** anyway) unsubstantiated claims that I have cut & pasted this information (even if true, so what? Does that mean that these complaints were never made? I think not) And other such nonsense.

Once again, whether it's ******, ********** or some other MLM scam, an internet scam, a charity scam or whatever, check them out. Use google and use reliable sources.

The fact that the only person who has attacked me on t his board is defending ****** also defends MLM scams I think says it all.

Nuff Said,

Have A Nice Day!

Cheri

Old 04-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Banned

And here is one more........

Dick
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
U.S.A.

You're lucky that they only got you for $45!
I contacted ****** sometime ago as did some other people that I know that were looking for higher education. The people we spoke to sounded fairly professional but also a lot like used car salesmen. Lately I found out that the Admission Advisors (AA) are in fact salespeople who go through two weeks of training to learn how to strong arm potential students.

When I called in, the AA was initially friendly and established rapport (part of her sales training no doubt) and after talking with me for awhile tried to close me on a $60,000+ course. This agent (AA) also tried desperately to get me to put down $1500, not just the $45 deposit required. She said that this would prove that I am serious and would possibly enhance my chances of getting accepted.

When I asked if I was turned down for any reason, would my $1500 be refunded. She himmed and hawed, dropped her voice and said 'Yes' but I found out later, that ****** does not refund deposits. I also found out that these initial deposits count as points towards bonuses for the (AA). No wonder they wanted me to put so much down and push these deposits so much!

The other thing was that I noticed much yelling and cheering in the background, it sounded like a boiler room call center.

In another regard, I have called employers and asked them if they accept online degrees from schools like ****** and they indicate that while they do, they prefer the old fashioned on campus like study. They are also leary about schools like ****** that accept students based on a GED or High School Diploma. They prefer students who have done it the old fashioned way, take a SAT, go to school, sit in class, take monitored tests and graduate.

One final point: for Online classes, the prices for these courses is inflated. No way is worth that much. No wonder ****** is the most profitable and fastest growing company owned by the Washington Post.

My advice, bypass ****** and go to real school then get a real job.

Have A Nice Day!

Cheri

Old 04-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Banned

Another complaint against ******, Sorry Mike, not everyone agrees with you.......

As a Single Mother with a BS in Chemistry, I enrolled a few years ago to complete a Forensics Criminal Justice program to fulfill prerequisites needed for my application acceptance to UCLA. My FAFSA awarded ALL fees and paid every semester as described in my Award letters. Upon my withdrawal to pursue a classroom environment, I received in lieu of my 3.8 transcript request/report, a BILL for est. 1600.00 +. Their billing department deleted all of my online access to my account at ****** and would never provide any description of their invoice, all the while, holding my transcripts 'hostage' for my University need.

I confirmed with FAFSA the THOUSANDS of dollars paid to ******; which were more than I had ever known were sent; as was not the full cost described to me. FAFSA confirmed they had indeed paid in full. ****** never agreed nor disagreed, sending 'final bill' to me nothing short of extortion and non-disclosure. And I realized, they paid more than was required by FAFSA in a FAFSA accounting history obtained! I HAD to set up a payment plan with ****** to obtain my transcripts, with a minimum deposit of 500.00 to initiate the plan and a 100.00+ servicing fee and interest of course.

In a year's time, I corresponded endlessly to correct their accounting. I paid the 'extorted' funds once I left their program for University after maintaining a Dean's list status at all times and became their first Criminologist's Teacher's Assistant (unpaid performance). They threatened my credit and transcripts to a point where I caved in for my need to raise children, work and attend for my Masters. ****** further takes advantage of persons less aware of the higher educational process and I am aware of at least 3 persons who should not have been granted entrance into higher learning while signing financial commitments that they in fact, failed out of and paid and paid and paid, anyway; leaving with debt and their hopes for better living via education very, marred to say the least. Shame on ****** Financial Department and their entrance process which in essence, makes a sale and finds a way to collect further for monies not owed to them.

Live and learn. Be VERY cautious of going to ****** and signing away large financial obligations as well. They are VERY skilled and manipulating students and sadly, the FAFSA and other financial aid programs. ****** OWES me for quite some time now. Anyone with the time to fight them, I urge them to do so in hope they will eventually be exposed and be made to refund countless unknown funds to the government and students they manipulated and manipulate currently.

What happened to Lisa and all of her aliiases????

Old 04-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Banned

Response from Mike Sills, Utah:

Cheri:

Cheri,

Peace Cheri,

Mike Sill,
Utah

While Mike hasn't sold me on ****** yet, at least he does make some valid points and knows how to communicate in a civilized way. And he doesn't use multiple aliases and pc's either, like some people I know. But sorry Mike, I continue to get too many complaints about ****** to believe it is sour grapes or that ****** is doing a great service (see previous post) However, I do appreciate your candor.

Cheri

Old 04-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Diamond Member

I'd be more than happy to get ohein or another moderator (besides mumbles) to let you know that my IP is not the same as any other poster here and that it is based out of a small town in Wyoming... at least it should be. I have no aliases and while I have a laptop as well as a pc, they both work off the same wireless network I have within my home that is password protected.

As for the rest of what you say - I'm not bothering. No point - you'll think whatever you want despite what I say.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:16 AM
Iconoclast

aha I see that "cheri" is busy trying to rake up "stories" about ****** and accusing anyone who points out her spamming as somehow being fake.

How is it that so many of these "complaints' seem to have been written by people with no sense of grammar or punctuation? Rather like "cheri" and her writing? Someone who seems to lack even the basic understanding of how to use things like block quotes?

Ah well Cheri - your stuff reads like a slightly dumb person trying to justify their own stupidity.

If it makes you feel better - keep it up. Cheaper than getting real therapy I guess.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Banned

Here is yet another complaint agsinst ******. See Maxim is back with another alias, but didn't he say he blocked me? Lied? Why be surprised?? Regarding the bad grammar of the complainers, I already addressed that and and my prognosticator defended the bad grammar by saying it doesn't matter! LOL!!! Now theya re making wise cracks about the bad grammar! LOL! Must be related to Sarah Palin

Now here is yet another complaint against ******:

****** University is a scam!

I was eager to attend school, and it has been 5 years since Ive been in that environment...So of course I had this social anxiety and didn't really wanna attend actual Classes. I wanted a degree in nutrition and wanted to do it online. I found ****** and filled out a form so they could call me.

George Adams, the admission advisor, was overwhelmingly nice and "supportive" but pressured me into starting straight away. I wanted to go, but only under two conditions: One, I could have a loan all to myself, and two: I would not have to pay anything until I graduated. I was very serrious about this. George assured me that I could absolutely do this. He told me that my dad would have to fill out a parent plus loan application because I was still considered a dependent. and After we did the fafsa fill out, It showed my dad made too much for me to get any grants or anything. George told me the Parent plus loan was only part of the process and that he would be denied, in which I would then be able to take out a Stafford Loan for myself to cover for the first academic Year. Dad filled it out and got accepted, which wasnt suppose to happen, so we cancelled the application and called Geroge. He said this was fine and not to worry at all. I started my classes, which by the way were wayyy too easy. It was one week away from the withdrawl date and I recieved an email that the parent plus loan was missing? and I made it clear that if this situation was not cleared up I would be withdrawing because I was not getting stuck with the payments. George wanted my dad to call bank of america. He told me dad would just have to sign "something" and that again, he would not have to take out any loans. Dad was sent back and forth between fin aid and bank of america and they didnt even have him do anything. George calls us up finally and tells us I dont have to withdrawl and everything is perfectly set and ready to go. I dont withdraw. I get a call a couple more weeks later from Student Accounts, asking me for 622.00 a month for my balance, because they gave me a loan for have my tuition and then charged me the rest. I was totally bullshitted and all the staff act like they have no idea what is going on. Stdent accounts calls me EVERY DAY 2-3 TIMES A DAY DEMANDING MY MONEY. Fin Aid and Academic advisors act like they never know what I am talking about I have saved all my emails and cancelled my loan to bank of america. I asked for a compliant form over a month ago because they are trying to get me to take out additional loans when they know I have no co-signer, and they tell me that if i dont I have to pay them. They are assholes. They lie and act dumb and pretend you never siad anything. They will never recieve a dime from me and if they dont fix this shit, I will certainly take legal action against them. DO NOT GO HERE.

Ashley

Thank you Ashley,

Poor Maxim aka Lisa, Tina etc., etc.

Last edited by cherib_squashes_quakery : 04-21-2009 at 06:27 PM. Reason: typo

Old 04-21-2009, 06:37 PM
Banned

And regarding those Admission Advisors, read this:

Beware...if you get a call from ****** saying there
Looking to hire academic advisors, training
Starting in April or May, they are really looking for
individuals who don't care about education
And just looking to get anyone enrolled to keep
Their pockets happy, meaning more money
For them!!! This university is a complete scam
And I'm posting this to let others know!!! They won't
Hire you unless you are willing to lie to students
And able to keep them enrolled no matter
What circumstances!!! Who would of thought
These non traditional schools would turn education
Into Sales!!! I hope they all get SHUT DOWN!!!

Susan

I hear the people they hire all fmr used car salesmen, telemarketers from boiler rooms, fmr pennystock salesmen, fmr time share sales etc. They push for you to put down as much a down payment as possible because they make a higher
commission when you make a higher deposit even if you cancel, you will not generally get your money back. Is it a coincidence that ****** just opened three new call centers in Florida, the haven for scams in the USA?

Miquel

Poor ****** supporters have run out of scripted responses

Have A Great Day!

Cheri