report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Chat Here
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Triangle....

As a kid growing up, I heard of this mysterious area called the (famous), 'Bermuda Triangle'.

I was taken with the stories of people and their boats going missing, with no remains of ship nor occupants to be found.

Of course, you tend to examine things less as a kid.

As a grown up, I would tend to think that there are lots of things that would need to be addressed before we assert there is anything 'supernatural' going on, in that area.

I tend to think that sort of beleif is a little 'gimicky'.

It is probably true that boats, ships, or even planes have dissapeared in that region, with no trace.

But it does not follow there need be a big thing about it.

You would have to ask about the climate conditions, at the point when the craft went missing, and take them into account, as they were most likely the cause of any crash.

There could be a dozen or more rational reasons to explain such losses, rather than suggest something 'unknown', in a sort of dark sense...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bermuda_Triangle

Bookmark and Share

Old 01-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Re: Triangle....

Do you think the area of Bermuda itself makes $$$ from the marketing and tourism of this mythology?

I would imagine that it would.

To good a chance to miss out on, huh...

Old 01-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Platinum Member

There's a lot of theories out there. I saw something not long ago about a theory that there's not just that triangle, but actually several triangles or areas where the magnetic field of the earth throws off compasses. It went into detail about how magnetic north isn't really true north and stuff.

Personally I think it would have more to do with the weather and rouge waves. Storms pop up in that area with the blink of an eye. And I would assume an electrical storm being over water could make a plane or ships instruments go nutty. Especially in an aircraft, and it's sort of easy to become disoriented in a smaller aircraft like those fighters that disappeared several decades ago.

I think they've even proven that those rouge waves occur. And depending on the weather they can get to be 100 stories high. That'd sink a ship quick and with the currents and depths it would be hard to find after it went under.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinahound View Post
There's a lot of theories out there. I saw something not long ago about a theory that there's not just that triangle, but actually several triangles or areas where the magnetic field of the earth throws off compasses. It went into detail about how magnetic north isn't really true north and stuff.

Personally I think it would have more to do with the weather and rouge waves. Storms pop up in that area with the blink of an eye. And I would assume an electrical storm being over water could make a plane or ships instruments go nutty. Especially in an aircraft, and it's sort of easy to become disoriented in a smaller aircraft like those fighters that disappeared several decades ago.

I think they've even proven that those rouge waves occur. And depending on the weather they can get to be 100 stories high. That'd sink a ship quick and with the currents and depths it would be hard to find after it went under.

I am of the view that probably every single 'case' has a reasonable and rational explaination.

Of course, as with all things, if we do not have the answer yet, we tend to, as a species, fill the gaps ourselves, with all sorts of 'theories', from the possible to the laughable.

We like to miss out all the more likely options, and gravitate to that which is steeped in the supernatural.

I suppose to some it is more intruguing to buy a myth, than to face a reality....

Old 01-08-2009, 05:18 AM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
As a kid growing up, I heard of this mysterious area called the (famous), 'Bermuda Triangle'.

I was taken with the stories of people and their boats going missing, with no remains of ship nor occupants to be found.

Of course, you tend to examine things less as a kid.

As a grown up, I would tend to think that there are lots of things that would need to be addressed before we assert there is anything 'supernatural' going on, in that area.

I tend to think that sort of beleif is a little 'gimicky'.

It is probably true that boats, ships, or even planes have dissapeared in that region, with no trace.

But it does not follow there need be a big thing about it.

You would have to ask about the climate conditions, at the point when the craft went missing, and take them into account, as they were most likely the cause of any crash.

There could be a dozen or more rational reasons to explain such losses, rather than suggest something 'unknown', in a sort of dark sense...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bermuda_Triangle
I suggest books written about it by Charles Berlitz. Try and looking up the USS. Cylops a naval vessel that disappeared here with all hands and has never been found, not even a scrap of paper. Another of my favorites is The Philadelphia Experiment. Your thoughts on that?

Old 01-08-2009, 07:01 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

I would need the time to look at all the detail and data, and look at it closely, before being able to form a proper view.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:04 AM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
I would need the time to look at all the detail and data, and look at it closely, before being able to form a proper view.
The more you get into those two the morfe likely they seem to be true.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Are you alluding to something that we would commonly call 'supernatural', as a possible explaination for the accounts in that area, OT?

Sorry.

Not had time to get through those links yet.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Are you alluding to something that we would commonly call 'supernatural', as a possible explaination for the accounts in that area, OT?

Sorry.

Not had time to get through those links yet.
The Philadelphia Experiment was more along the lines of Roswell. Supposedly the U.S. military were messing with quantum physics or something in an effort to cloak a ship. and the whole ship dematerialized for a few moments. Not sure of the details though.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:53 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
The Philadelphia Experiment was more along the lines of Roswell. Supposedly the U.S. military were messing with quantum physics or something in an effort to cloak a ship. and the whole ship dematerialized for a few moments. Not sure of the details though.
It caused a rift in time. Two of the people on the ship jumped off the ship and found themselves in the 1980's. Of course this most likely didn't happen, but the story is cool. They were met by, of course people from the "government" who told them they had to go back and turn off all equipment, or this rift, bubble in time or whatever they called it would continue to grow. So they did. When the machines were shut down, and the ship became material again. There were bodies fused into the metal of the ship. Those who did not get fused into the ship were completely insane. Star Trek the next generation actually used this story for one of their episodes. Though it was about a federation ship trying to use cloaking tech, that went horribly wrong. In the episode they showed a federation ship with bodies fused into metal of the ship. Interesting story, though is there any truth to it? I don't think so, though I could be wrong.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:25 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post
It caused a rift in time. Two of the people on the ship jumped off the ship and found themselves in the 1980's. Of course this most likely didn't happen, but the story is cool. They were met by, of course people from the "government" who told them they had to go back and turn off all equipment, or this rift, bubble in time or whatever they called it would continue to grow. So they did. When the machines were shut down, and the ship became material again. There were bodies fused into the metal of the ship. Those who did not get fused into the ship were completely insane. Star Trek the next generation actually used this story for one of their episodes. Though it was about a federation ship trying to use cloaking tech, that went horribly wrong. In the episode they showed a federation ship with bodies fused into metal of the ship. Interesting story, though is there any truth to it? I don't think so, though I could be wrong.

Yea, that's it.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:04 AM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
Yea, that's it.
If you were to really do some research on the Philadelphia Experiment, you would find that there is indeed a lot of mystery surrounding this incident. I would suggest reading books by Charles Berlitz.

The Television program Unsolved mysteries hosted by Robert Stack even did a program on it. They even included the mysterious deaths (suicides ?) of some of the scientists that were associated with it.

As far as the U.S.S. Cyclops is concerned, It disappeared with all hands in the bermuda triangle and not one piece of any kind has ever been found of it or the entire crew. The navy has scoured the ocean floor with todays technology as well as have noted researchers and not one of them has ever even found anything at all. The ship and the entire crew has completly vanished.