report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Chat Here
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
View Poll Results: Re The Bullfight...
I would go as a one off, just to see how terrible it was 0 0%
I would refuse to go as I disagree with the principle 4 66.67%
I would go because not doing so won't stop it 2 33.33%
I would go then feel a bit guilty about it afterwards. 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2008, 07:12 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Re: Bull?

I think it would be a great shame to have primates fight one another, in artifical and enforced conditions, mate. These are fantastic and often rare beasts, surely deserving of more than that?

If you want to see this for free, then you will find it happening, any weekend, when chimps are drunk, in any major city. Go take your camera, film some, and upload to You Tube!

I think what you are doing, and it is not rare, is to attach emotional value to some animals, and not to others, this is why you would attend the bull fight, yet not the dog fight.

Anyway...

Time to drag this link out again, I guess...

http://www.gladiatorbugs.com/content/view/36/48/

Old 12-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Feisty Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
I think it would be a great shame to have primates fight one another, in artifical and enforced conditions, mate. These are fantastic and often rare beasts, surely deserving of more than that?

If you want to see this for free, then you will find it happening, any weekend, when chimps are drunk, in any major city. Go take your camera, film some, and upload to You Tube!

I think what you are doing, and it is not rare, is to attach emotional value to some animals, and not to others, this is why you would attend the bull fight, yet not the dog fight.

Anyway...

Time to drag this link out again, I guess...

http://www.gladiatorbugs.com/content/view/36/48/

Dogs are man's best friend and its illegal to have dog fights here in the states but bull fighting is a tradition in Spain and sanctioned by the government..I personally would not want to go to a bullfight.

Old 12-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peregrine View Post

Dogs are man's best friend and its illegal to have dog fights here in the states but bull fighting is a tradition in Spain and sanctioned by the government..I personally would not want to go to a bullfight.

Yup.

It is a tradition in Spain.

But some traditions are so out of date and inappropriate, that you have to leave them behind, don't you agree?

It would be nice if the Spanish themselves chose to abandon this tradition, they have so many others that are wonderful.

However, if not, then I would go as far as an EU directive, as it is just not acceptable in modern Europe, to have these kinds of things legal.

Was there a time when anything of this sort was indeed legal, in the US?

When did dog fighting get outlawed?

Terriers v badgers?

Cock fights?

When did all of these become illegal, in the US, and are they illegal in all states?

YWFT

Old 12-21-2008, 11:03 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Yup.

It is a tradition in Spain.

But some traditions are so out of date and inappropriate, that you have to leave them behind, don't you agree?

It would be nice if the Spanish themselves chose to abandon this tradition, they have so many others that are wonderful.

However, if not, then I would go as far as an EU directive, as it is just not acceptable in modern Europe, to have these kinds of things legal.

Was there a time when anything of this sort was indeed legal, in the US?

When did dog fighting get outlawed?

Terriers v badgers?

Cock fights?

When did all of these become illegal, in the US, and are they illegal in all states?

YWFT
They are all illegal in the U.S. We do it a bit different than Spain and Mexico....

It's called the rodeo.. Bull Riding

When the rider falls off or dismounts the bull, the rodeo clowns step in to distract the bull while the rider gets back to his feet and out of danger, or to get the bull away from a injured rider. There is also Bull Fighting that's done by rodeo clowns. It's to show off their skill at distracting the bull from the bull rider.

In niether case is the bull killed during the show, and they are usually put to making babies after their rodeo carrer is over, the bulls I mean, the riders are usually to broke up to mate. hehehe

Old 12-21-2008, 11:15 PM
Platinum Member

Pardon me please. I said we do it different. I don't do it at all. Luckily the one time I was drunk enough to get on one, I was also drunk enough to pass out before I got near that crazy bull.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:43 AM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinahound View Post
Pardon me please. I said we do it different. I don't do it at all. Luckily the one time I was drunk enough to get on one, I was also drunk enough to pass out before I got near that crazy bull.
You may have been very lucky that you didn't do it.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:12 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
They are all illegal in the U.S. We do it a bit different than Spain and Mexico....

It's called the rodeo.. Bull Riding

When the rider falls off or dismounts the bull, the rodeo clowns step in to distract the bull while the rider gets back to his feet and out of danger, or to get the bull away from a injured rider. There is also Bull Fighting that's done by rodeo clowns. It's to show off their skill at distracting the bull from the bull rider.

In niether case is the bull killed during the show, and they are usually put to making babies after their rodeo carrer is over, the bulls I mean, the riders are usually to broke up to mate. hehehe
Big difference then.

Bull is not killed, nor even injured, it would appear.

Still.

I don't think that large animals and entertainment is something I would want to encourage.

Esp great beasts like large cats.

What is the name of those two fan boys who have made a whole show revolving around two rare white tigers?

I think it is flat wrong to use two beautiful and rare beasts like that.

They ought to be in their natural habitat, not travelling all over the world in unsuitable conditions.

One day, one of the showmen is going to get bitten.

Mark my words...

Old 12-22-2008, 07:34 AM
Platinum Member

siegfried and roy
and yup and it did happen. And Chris Rock pretty much summed up my feelings on that. They said that the tiger went crazy. The tiger didn't go crazy, the tiger went tiger! It was the two sissy boys that decided to play with tigers that went crazy.

That's one of those things that irritates me about human arrogance. If those tigers had been in the wild and killing other animals, it's prey, it's simply the beauty of nature; the wonders of Gods creation. When some bloody ignorant human moves into that animals territory and it kills a human, all of a sudden those tigers become "Evil and Crazy". No my friend, I submit we are the evil crazy ones.

My proof? Look at the video of the bull riders. What sane person hops on the back of bull...to see how long they can stay on? I would lay odds that the first time it happened, the person that did it said to his buddies... "Here! Hold my beer and watch this here!"

Just my opinion, I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:51 AM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
siegfried and roy
and yup and it did happen. And Chris Rock pretty much summed up my feelings on that. They said that the tiger went crazy. The tiger didn't go crazy, the tiger went tiger! It was the two sissy boys that decided to play with tigers that went crazy.

That's one of those things that irritates me about human arrogance. If those tigers had been in the wild and killing other animals, it's prey, it's simply the beauty of nature; the wonders of Gods creation. When some bloody ignorant human moves into that animals territory and it kills a human, all of a sudden those tigers become "Evil and Crazy". No my friend, I submit we are the evil crazy ones.

My proof? Look at the video of the bull riders. What sane person hops on the back of bull...to see how long they can stay on? I would lay odds that the first time it happened, the person that did it said to his buddies... "Here! Hold my beer and watch this here!"

Just my opinion, I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
Your not. You called it as it is about the tigers.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:18 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
siegfried and roy
and yup and it did happen.
That's the chaps, Siegfried and Roy.

One got mauled by one of the tigers. What a 'shame'...

About time such 'acts' were filed in the dustbin, they belong in the past. We should be doing what we can to preserve these great beasts, not engage in this type of thing.

You are correct with the other stuff that you wrote.

Why does a shark become demonised when it does what a shark does? We have swimmers who get bitten by sharks, and the authorities go out, hunt the shark down, and kill it.

Huh? Since when was a shark able to read human laws?

We are the one's encroaching onto their territory.

If you want to do that, and get bitten, then suck it up, imo.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:16 AM
Nowhere Man

#2. I love animals in any aspects. And I hate a knackery.

Please don't shoot the piano player, he's doing the best he can.

Author’s emoticons KOLOBOK-Style

Old 12-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Knackery?

Who he?

Old 12-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Knackery?

Who he?
Wow! Seems to me, English is very queer language... I found this word in dictionary.
Well, I can type it in Russian. No problem. Translate...

Я ненавижу живодёрню (или живодёров). You can choose any version, in fact.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:46 AM
Platinum Member

knacker ~

1. a person who buys animal carcasses or slaughters useless livestock for a knackery or rendering works.
2. a person who buys and dismembers old houses, ships, etc., to salvage usable parts, selling the rest as scrap.
3. Dialect. an old, sick, or useless farm animal, esp. a horse.
4. Obsolete. a harness maker; a saddler.

----------------------------------------------------

Hi ya BiR!!!

Old 12-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Nowhere Man

Quote:
knacker ~

1. a person who buys animal carcasses or slaughters useless livestock for a knackery or rendering works.
2. a person who buys and dismembers old houses, ships, etc., to salvage usable parts, selling the rest as scrap.
3. Dialect. an old, sick, or useless farm animal, esp. a horse.
4. Obsolete. a harness maker; a saddler.

----------------------------------------------------

Hi ya BiR!!!
Hi ya carolinahound,

Yeah, you are right. I meant 1st variant, I think. (Syn: flayer , fleecer).

Old 12-23-2008, 12:14 PM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiR View Post
Wow! Seems to me, English is very queer language... I found this word in dictionary.
Well, I can type it in Russian. No problem. Translate...

Я ненавижу живодёрню (или живодёров). You can choose any version, in fact.
not the language Boris, just some of the people.