report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2008, 02:48 AM
I am new at Scam.com

www.ivetriedthat.com- The OWNER is Scam artist!

This guy Joe is nothing more than a scam artist and a liar. He has a website called "I've Tried That" but yet he boldly states on his website, when he's tearing down other companies, that HE"S NEVER EVEN TRIED THEM! How can you trust a guy who lies even in his website name? The first thing that comes out of Joe's mouth is a lie! Not to mention, he is making money off his gullible readers by getting them to trust him and then selling the same crap he's supposedly against?? Did you notice his $9.99 Ebook?
I bet he is making a killing off of his audience. He's calling out several online businesses by saying they are scams or misleading but he is the biggest SCAM ARTIST of all that is misleading EVERYONE! It's a dog-eat-dog business world out there and his tactics are very good! Good job Joe ! He should write an Ebook on how to manipulate people into trusting you enough to open their wallets!
This is actually a common tactic that experienced marketeers use. It's a common "marketing TACTIC". $9.99 for an Ebook can amount to quite a bit of money when you have thousands of readers that you've conned and built trust with regardless of the fact that his book isn't worth a CENT! That's not to say that there aren't companies on his website that are scams. I'm sure some are. However, his scam website should be at the top of that list!!
Sorry Joe, I guess I blew yor cover! The bottom line is- DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ!! I stumbled upon his website and Joe's hidden agenda was obvious to me from day 1.
That's because I have a marketing degree so I pretty much know all the tactics used in this field. I hate lying SCAMMERS like Joe especially when they have to resort to tricking people into buying their products. You can't get much lower than that!

Old 11-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Platinum Member

Re: www.ivetriedthat.com- The OWNER is Scam artist

Actually Joe is pretty good at busting scams.

Quote:
How can you trust a guy who lies even in his website name?
You are on website called scam.com . You would think from the name that goal of this website would be promoting scams. But it is not. So learn to live in the world where website name does not relate 100% to website purpose.

Last edited by BorisZ : 11-29-2008 at 11:23 AM.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:08 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Like I said before, I'm sure a lot of them are scams but I'm not going to swear by it when I've never even tried them myself. The main thing that bugs me is he should not be charging someone for a work at home Ebook when he's the one ranting about "Why should you have to pay for work?" Isn't this a double standard? What a hippocrite! He thinks because it's only 10 bucks that it's okay? I'll believe him when he takes the price off his book and gives it away for FREE> The man has ulterior motives. That will prove to me that he is genuine and isn't just in it for the money. His greatest tactic is that he doesn't push the book on you. He casually puts it out there though, and that's what makes him so believable. I know when I'm being conned. I just can't believe that I'm the first person that noticed this. I say they are ALL SCAMS and if anyone wants to work, then go get a job outside the home. STAY AWAY from all internet jobs PERIOD! In my opinion, Joe is NO different from the rest of the scam artists out there! This is why I'll probably NEVER ever get an internet job. It's very depressing.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:12 PM
I am new at Scam.com

The funny things is that I almost liked the guy and was really digging his website until he so casually brought up his Ebook. Then I saw that he was charging a fee for it, and that just threw me. I realized that was the bait he threw out for gullible and trusting readers. What a disappointing moment that was. It seems like you can't trust anyone these days. I had the same thing happen when I trusted this used car salesman a few years back. They build up your trust and then hook you!

Old 12-02-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armandocastrello View Post
Like I said before, I'm sure a lot of them are scams but I'm not going to swear by it when I've never even tried them myself. The main thing that bugs me is he should not be charging someone for a work at home Ebook when he's the one ranting about "Why should you have to pay for work?" Isn't this a double standard? What a hippocrite!
I can see your point. Is it really possible to claim programs or websites as scams if you personally haven't had any dealings with them?

Even sites or programs posted on this site - are they really all scams. Whats to say that someone with a personal vendetta against someone, can just come in here and call them a scammer and ruin their reputation when in actual fact they may be completely genuine?

Old 12-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

There are sometimes people who come here and are just upset.. you see it all the time with the people who claim vistaprint is a scam or that mary kay is a scam..

Neither are scams obviously.. what most people here call scams.. ARE scams.. cash gifting for instance.. but you will still see someone here everyday claiming that since it was "seen on Oprah" it's not a scam and the rest of us just don't know what we are talking about (if it WAS seen on Oprah, it was her pointing out that it was a scam)..

There are also all the other hundreds of "programs" that get called scams here and someone is always ready to defend them.. I can't tell you how long the whole 12dailypro debate went on before the owner was finally jailed.

Back on topic.. I'vetriedthat.. I've seen the site and for the most part the owner does a fairly good job.. if he has an ebook to sell.. well good for him.. again.. do your research.. is his ebook something you WANT to buy and will benefit from? If not.. then don't buy it.. if you don't like that he sells an ebook.. don't use his website.. there are tons of other great sites out there.

Then we have the MLM'ers.. not all MLM's are scams.. most are very good, but there ARE some that just don't hold water.

As with anything.. DO your research and USE your head and then USE your common sense..

Old 12-04-2008, 11:31 PM
Silver Member

Well, even the owner of WorkaHolics4Hire who actually was one of the first people to make the mantra "never pay for a job" famous sells a book on how to SEARCH for telecommuting work.

And even the Telework Coalition - one of the most important telecommuting sites online - lists TeleworkRecruiting as a viable source for telecommuting job leads and TeleworkRecruiting is a PAID membership - and lists Phil Montero's book "Lose Your Commute" which is NOT free either.

You can see the listings here:
Telcoa.org list of resources for Telework Jobs and Opportunities

Old 12-05-2008, 03:10 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quoted-
"if he has an ebook to sell.. well good for him.. again.. do your
research.. is his ebook something you WANT to buy and will benefit from?
If not.. then don't buy it.. if you don't like that he sells an ebook.."

Well then what is the point of scam.com? Shouldn't you be saying this to all the complainers in here about each website people are throwing under
the bus? If they don't like it then don't look at it? I think I have a right to my opinion just like every other Tom, Dick and Harry posting on this site.

Ive tried that - Ebook actually shows up in their search results which
can be obtained by anyone for free.
I came across it by accident and did read through some of it and thought
it was crap! And as for using my head and my common sense, they tell me to
never believe anyone online that goes this far to conceal their true agenda!

You've got the so called concerned people like Joe from ivetriedthat.com
for instance, that try and warn you off of everything else accept of course his genuine $9.95 Ebook.. Give me a break!
I see it all the time. Like I said before, it's nothing but an ingenious marketing tactic that many entrepreneurs use to gain your trust and that's ALL IT IS!
The problem is that too many naive and gullible people fall for it hook, line and sinker every time!

Old 12-05-2008, 08:07 AM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

You absolutely are entitled to your opinion and I didn't mean to sound like I thought you weren't.

All Im asking, is what part of this is a scam? You paid for an ebook and you got one.

I used to be of the same mindframe but these days Im even thinking of writing my own simply because people seem to want them. Information on ANYTHING can be found for free online but the majority of people don't want to search and read and research and find the truth. They want it all wrapped up in a neat little ebook from someone they "percieve" to be an "expert". Which is exactly what you did.

These days Im looking at ebooks the same as bottled water. I don't know how old you are but when someone first started marketing bottled water, everyone yelled "what a scam".

Well look what happened.. no one wants to take the time to search and find a water fountain anymore.. everyone runs to the nearest convenience store and buys a bottle of water... scam? Nope... just someone selling what everyone thinks they need and something that saves them a few minutes of time.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiescorner View Post
You absolutely are entitled to your opinion and I didn't mean to sound like I thought you weren't.

All Im asking, is what part of this is a scam? You paid for an ebook and you got one.

I used to be of the same mindframe but these days Im even thinking of writing my own simply because people seem to want them. Information on ANYTHING can be found for free online but the majority of people don't want to search and read and research and find the truth. They want it all wrapped up in a neat little ebook from someone they "percieve" to be an "expert". Which is exactly what you did.

These days Im looking at ebooks the same as bottled water. I don't know how old you are but when someone first started marketing bottled water, everyone yelled "what a scam".

Well look what happened.. no one wants to take the time to search and find a water fountain anymore.. everyone runs to the nearest convenience store and buys a bottle of water... scam? Nope... just someone selling what everyone thinks they need and something that saves them a few minutes of time.
Katie. I know you've been a big proponent of you can find job leads for free and that's true.

But what I've found is that the people who have had the most success are the ones that learn how to develop their OWN job leads - which is something I know you could write about. That's what Sylvie Fortin of WorkaHolics4Hire and Phil Montero of LoseYourCommute write about.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:03 PM
Newbie Member

I wish I saw this little gem of a thread back when it was originally posted, but two weeks later here I am to defend our site. I'm Steve. The other owner at I've Tried That.

To think that we run the site just to sell our eBook is completely ridiculous. We don't force it on anyone either. If you want to help us, support our site, and learn a little bit about telecommuting, then by all means buy the book. If not, enjoy over 250 free pages of content that we have produced. I take it you haven't seen our free directory of work at home jobs? I won't link to it here but it's listed on every single one of our pages.

As for the name, no we don't try everything. Why? Because we're two normal dudes with a website. We don't have a huge bankroll to pay out $297 every time someone wants a scam investigaed. We gather information and report on the scams and offer our recommendation then. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. I ALWAYS look into a program first. If I read complaint after complaint after complaint about fraudualent and unauthorized charges on a credit card, HELL NO am I going to these scammers my personal and private information. I don't have the time or money to deal with identity theft.

I don't understand why this is a problem. We offer a free service to help those out who are turning to the Internet to make money. We offer a bit of guidance. Yes, we sell an ebook and no, you can't find it just by searching online. We don't shove it down our reader's throats either. We let them know that if they're interested in buying a book on telecommuting, well then check this book out. We are not making a killing off of our book. Hell, we're making next to nothing selling it. Also, in the year we've been selling it, we've had to process I think maybe two refunds. One person appreciated the book, but couldn't spare as much as $10 at the time. I gladly gave her her money back. The other person was looking for a get rich quick scheme and since we didn't offer it, he got angry and demanded a refund, which we gave him.

I can't tell you how many free copies I've given away to people who ask us for one. We realize we aren't dealing with the richest demographic and we are not out to just steal money from people. We put a lot of time and effort into the book and have been praised for writing it.

If you don't like our site, by all means, don't visit it. If you don't want to buy our book, DON'T! We're not forcing you to. But to call us scam artists is just downright ignorant.

EDIT: I found the link where the OP 'found' our book online. He actually came across the free 9-page sample we offer to show you a preview of what you would get if you buy the book. You can find that on our website too.

Last edited by IveTriedThat : 12-18-2008 at 12:11 PM.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IveTriedThat View Post
I wish I saw this little gem of a thread back when it was originally posted, but two weeks later here I am to defend our site. I'm Steve. The other owner at I've Tried That.

To think that we run the site just to sell our eBook is completely ridiculous. We don't force it on anyone either. If you want to help us, support our site, and learn a little bit about telecommuting, then by all means buy the book. If not, enjoy over 250 free pages of content that we have produced. I take it you haven't seen our free directory of work at home jobs? I won't link to it here but it's listed on every single one of our pages.

As for the name, no we don't try everything. Why? Because we're two normal dudes with a website. We don't have a huge bankroll to pay out $297 every time someone wants a scam investigaed. We gather information and report on the scams and offer our recommendation then. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. I ALWAYS look into a program first. If I read complaint after complaint after complaint about fraudualent and unauthorized charges on a credit card, HELL NO am I going to these scammers my personal and private information. I don't have the time or money to deal with identity theft.

I don't understand why this is a problem. We offer a free service to help those out who are turning to the Internet to make money. We offer a bit of guidance. Yes, we sell an ebook and no, you can't find it just by searching online. We don't shove it down our reader's throats either. We let them know that if they're interested in buying a book on telecommuting, well then check this book out. We are not making a killing off of our book. Hell, we're making next to nothing selling it. Also, in the year we've been selling it, we've had to process I think maybe two refunds. One person appreciated the book, but couldn't spare as much as $10 at the time. I gladly gave her her money back. The other person was looking for a get rich quick scheme and since we didn't offer it, he got angry and demanded a refund, which we gave him.

I can't tell you how many free copies I've given away to people who ask us for one. We realize we aren't dealing with the richest demographic and we are not out to just steal money from people. We put a lot of time and effort into the book and have been praised for writing it.

If you don't like our site, by all means, don't visit it. If you don't want to buy our book, DON'T! We're not forcing you to. But to call us scam artists is just downright ignorant.

EDIT: I found the link where the OP 'found' our book online. He actually came across the free 9-page sample we offer to show you a preview of what you would get if you buy the book. You can find that on our website too.
Glad to see you guys here.

Yes, a bit of a ridiculous accusation.

I think there's been a lot of confusion over the mantra "never pay for a job".

Old 03-08-2011, 05:49 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Actually, the mantra never pay for a job does not apply to paying for INFORMATION, but rather paying for a job. There are lots of jobs out there, that are listed on *****slist that you later find out want a fee. Some of the secret shopping jobs want money upfront to buy a "kit" which are not refundable or the google scams which charge you every month to place ads on google (local mom makes 30,000 a month)...etc..

There are many marketers who basically knock all of the competitors and then "see how I made money" and then they direct you to a program that many times is a scam.

Or the marketer that is guilty of two sins-the first is showing you cars and houses and says I made money on that which he didn't (they are stock photos you can buy online) buy using this program. Then he sells you the program and the extra module--several new ones each time you buy one.
His second sin is about 3 weeks after you bought "his" program he sends you an email saying how bob or teds or jimmy's new program is the greatest thing since sliced bread! It tells me that your program SUCKS and you are no longer making money from selling it to unsuspecting saps. When you do that I delete your email.

I will try the website for ivetriedthat.com and see what I come up with. If I like what I see, I may spring for his book. To see if he is a scam artist--unpry the figgen crowbar from you wallet. His program is 7.00. Buy it first before you call someone a scam.

Old 03-09-2011, 04:04 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I actually disagree that ivetriedthat.com is not a scam. I have found pretty useful resources on that site which helped me find legitimate ways to earn extra money during my spare time. I'm very knowlegable about most of the resources on his site and know that they are indeed worth trying out. As far as the ebook, I see nothing wrong with creating a product to make money. People do it all the time online.