report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2005, 06:04 PM
Silver Member

Re: Market America?

I absolutly will Cheezer! :)
My tune has not flucuated at all. I stated that I was retired. Meaning that I simply make enough money in Market America that I do not have to be employed by any business(i.e. I don't have a job) and do all (or most) of the things that I love to do. I never said that I make 6 figures, I think that was just assumed. You don't have to be filthy rich in order to retire. I still have to work my MA business, I just call it retired because I don't have to work in corperate America, and I think anyone else would call that retirement as well. I hope I cleared thing up for you. :)

Old 06-17-2005, 08:52 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Following is a testimonial from a licensed chiropractor who is familiar with Market America.

The company she states as having a compensation plan difficult to understand and a business she was not comfortable working is Market America.

More information about

I came across this company by accident while researching another home-based business. I was on the Internet and I requested more information on the website. I tried out an MLM ten years ago, so I figured I had enough experience by now to evaluate a home based business and discern the good points from the bad points. I have to say this company has no bad points!

I only know Dan via the telephone and Internet. He is very professional, courteous, and always responds quickly to my questions. He keeps me apprised of important trainings I should not miss and since I am on the Internet often he keeps me up to date with emails. He arranged my first telephone conference and I listened to a team member, who has been with this company for six years. I was immediately attracted to his explanation that there was no inventory, delivery, direct selling, and this is not an MLM. I like the mission statement. I like the no risk $29 membership that provided me with a very thorough business kit. After the call I grilled Dan and took notes comparing this company with the other companies I had experience with. I never worked the plan of the other companies. I admit that. I was not comfortable enough doing so and I did not want to offend my patients by bringing it up during their appointment. I thought that was unprofessional and not becoming of a doctor. To this date I still do not understand the other company’s compensation plan. I was no longer fond of the traveling to meetings and paying for them since I now have a 16-month-old son, and I don’t care to be away from him. I kept this entire in mind while grilling Dan. His responses to my questions were quick and thorough. I had the feeling I could do this program. I immediately understood the commission and profit sharing criteria and felt confident about it.

Then, I had to experience the products and see a true difference. This company had to be more attractive to me quality wise if I was going to change my own supplement routine. I tell my patients I research very carefully to make sure the supplements had the highest bioavailability. Dan explained to me about patented fructose compounding and I finally gave him a break and signed up. I almost skipped purchasing the start-up pack, but he reminded me it helped people “start fast.” I looked back at my previous initial investments and it was not even half of what I spent in the past. I signed up, ordered my start-up pack, listened in on a couple trainings in one day.

Dan also sent me a copy of a product guide. I immediately read it. It was an organized how-to-use-the-products book. I appreciated the company story, the chapter on the dangers of chemicals, and the health section. This company really understands all aspects of wellness. It’s not just a promotional gimmick. I waited until the next day to dig into my start-up pack. It felt strange to unwrap these mysterious products. After my Product call I took the package apart and started cleaning the house. I was amazed! With one wipe, things were getting clean. The side of the stove came clean immediately. I now know why no one likes to clean. We never used “stuff” that worked. I was on a cleaning frenzy. I cleaned the kitchen counters, stovetop, shelves, floors, and bathrooms. I ran a load of laundry and for kicks used the unique stain-remover on a stain that I had washed at least 30 times. The stain came out! I was already planning my next shopping list to buy more products to try!

I can talk about this very easily to my friends and patients. It would be unethical to keep all this information to myself. Now I am ready. I’ve read plenty of books and training materials over the years, but I am confident enough in this company to start doing it. I am already being told I sound like a commercial. My reaction is “Good. Now listen to this…” I have a presentation appointment tomorrow with three people and I am able to tell them the reasons why these products are essential to good health and well-being.

As a business I have more good reasons. The cost is reasonable. I do not have to keep an inventory, although I probably will on a small scale. The trainings and telephone conferences are very convenient. I do not have to buy an e-commerce system and pay for that every month. There are no hidden costs. I liked the shopping comparison that shows these products cost less, even with shipping. The customer reps are very friendly and helpful. I ordered products without knowing their code numbers. I was reminded to order my free product for month 2. I didn’t have to ask for it or provide a coupon code. It was that easy. I am planning my 3rd order and I know the month is not over. I want these products and I understand this kind of quality and service is only available through this unique, but powerful business model.

Best wishes!

Last edited by scambuster : 08-25-2005 at 02:23 PM.

Old 06-18-2005, 10:57 AM
Newbie Member

ohhhhhhhh. I see now. I thought when you said that you were retired, you meant from Market America. You meant from a average job. I see now.

Old 06-18-2005, 07:19 PM
Silver Member

Re: Market America a scam?

Hey Mark,
Since you love showing links to these viewers here's a few for ya.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6520630

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/ma...ticlekey=40708

http://www.drug-injury.com/druginjur...ety_oversight/

http://www.usatoday.com/money/indust...18-vioxx_x.htm

Just how reliable is the FDA is your eyes. Do you want to know the real reason why MA's products haven't been reviewed by the FDA? I'll tell you a little secret. They're classified as neither a food nor a drug. So tell me why the Food and Drug Administration should review our products? The above links are the reason that I would rather take quality natural supplements rather than prescriptions. I hope you now understand why our products haven't been reveiwed by the FDA. ;)

Old 06-19-2005, 03:00 AM
Silver Member

Hi GoNow,
4 years ago when I was in MA, there were over 85,000 distributors and less than 1,000 were making the "big Money" that they preach about. Now there are 75,000 and still less than a thousand big players. The rest are still working at a pipe-dream or finally realized that JR is still the one with the yacht and they are still paying, paying , paying for brochures, tapes, monthly site. "propack", seminars, leadership school, etc.
In MA, all the power is behind the corporate officers and not behind the people that make the top layer of cream so rich.
I am glad I got out while my losses were only around 5K.
And don't tell me that ALL businesses show a loss the first 5 years. My new one has been in the 'Green" since day 1 and it is not MLM, or "bi-nomial". it is one where I am the boss and answer to me and my customers.

Thanks

TelephonF

Old 06-19-2005, 06:11 AM
Silver Member

Well I'm glad you found something that works for you. Like I mentioned before, this business isn't for everyone. Maybe if I happened to try to do what you currently do I may fail at it.....it may not be for me. You honestly cannot disagree that if you follow our plan you will be successful. Congratulations on your success. :)

Old 06-19-2005, 08:59 AM
12DP Thread Hater and Free Gift Getter

GoNow! GetBusy! GoNow! GetBusy!

There are licensed doctors in MA also. Here are a couple of links to articles about Anti-oxidants and some of the research being done in relation to Cancer...

http://www.chiroonline.net/_fileCabinet/humancancer.pdf
http://www.chiroonline.net/_fileCabi...antscancer.pdf

And here's the link to that opc website...

http://www.opc.cc/index.html.

educate yo'self yo!

Old 06-19-2005, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark3274
some interesting info on binomial compensation plans

http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/5395/inther.html

International heritage was a company that was formed in market americas image with binomial compensation ect ect...

Interestingly enough the govt soon put a end to International Heritage a s a Pyramid scheme
This sounds a tad bit different than MA's marketing plan. the math behind it is a little bit more realistic. I'm sure the distributors can explain better than I can so I won't bother... unless prompted.

Old 06-20-2005, 02:05 AM
Silver Member

10 year old company, at best 85,000 retailers and less than 1000 big moneymakers. Probably over this time some 120,000 have been in and out of the biz. LOusy odds of "Making it" if you ask me. I always loved the "canned answers the have for such a high failure rate. "Oh, this business isn't for EVERYONE, but go ahead and try for a couple of years and then fade into the night with empty dreams and promises (and lots of debt).
Face it. If you make it in this biz, you have done so on the backs of a lot of people that really did try, but saw the light eventually. I personally don't have the heart to sell a pipe dream.
TelephonF

Old 06-20-2005, 02:58 AM
Silver Member

You consider Market America an " Industry" now? Really? Like the steel industry, auto, transportation, communication, etc.
I think you intended to say " business" or company.
Sorry, it screamed out for correction.
TelephonF

Old 06-20-2005, 07:20 AM

***gasp*** posts... deleted.. but why? They linked to articles with scientific data the naysayers asked for... I... don't understand. Mod's... please PM and let me know what I did wrong.

Old 06-20-2005, 09:44 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Following is a testimonial from a licensed chiropractor who is familiar with Market America.

The company she states as having a compensation plan difficult to understand and a business she was not comfortable working is Market America.

More information about the company she mentions first and is with now is provided at

I came across this company by accident while researching another home-based business. I was on the Internet and I requested more information on the website. I tried out an MLM ten years ago, so I figured I had enough experience by now to evaluate a home based business and discern the good points from the bad points. I have to say this company has no bad points!

I only know Dan via the telephone and Internet. He is very professional, courteous, and always responds quickly to my questions. He keeps me apprised of important trainings I should not miss and since I am on the Internet often he keeps me up to date with emails. He arranged my first telephone conference and I listened to a team member, who has been with this company for six years. I was immediately attracted to his explanation that there was no inventory, delivery, direct selling, and this is not an MLM. I like the mission statement. I like the no risk $29 membership that provided me with a very thorough business kit. After the call I grilled Dan and took notes comparing this company with the other companies I had experience with. I never worked the plan of the other companies. I admit that. I was not comfortable enough doing so and I did not want to offend my patients by bringing it up during their appointment. I thought that was unprofessional and not becoming of a doctor. To this date I still do not understand the other company’s compensation plan. I was no longer fond of the traveling to meetings and paying for them since I now have a 16-month-old son, and I don’t care to be away from him. I kept this entire in mind while grilling Dan. His responses to my questions were quick and thorough. I had the feeling I could do this program. I immediately understood the commission and profit sharing criteria and felt confident about it.

Then, I had to experience the products and see a true difference. This company had to be more attractive to me quality wise if I was going to change my own supplement routine. I tell my patients I research very carefully to make sure the supplements had the highest bioavailability. Dan explained to me about patented fructose compounding and I finally gave him a break and signed up. I almost skipped purchasing the start-up pack, but he reminded me it helped people “start fast.” I looked back at my previous initial investments and it was not even half of what I spent in the past. I signed up, ordered my start-up pack, listened in on a couple trainings in one day.

Dan also sent me a copy of a product guide. I immediately read it. It was an organized how-to-use-the-products book. I appreciated the company story, the chapter on the dangers of chemicals, and the health section. This company really understands all aspects of wellness. It’s not just a promotional gimmick. I waited until the next day to dig into my start-up pack. It felt strange to unwrap these mysterious products. After my Product call I took the package apart and started cleaning the house. I was amazed! With one wipe, things were getting clean. The side of the stove came clean immediately. I now know why no one likes to clean. We never used “stuff” that worked. I was on a cleaning frenzy. I cleaned the kitchen counters, stovetop, shelves, floors, and bathrooms. I ran a load of laundry and for kicks used the unique stain-remover on a stain that I had washed at least 30 times. The stain came out! I was already planning my next shopping list to buy more products to try!

I can talk about this very easily to my friends and patients. It would be unethical to keep all this information to myself. Now I am ready. I’ve read plenty of books and training materials over the years, but I am confident enough in this company to start doing it. I am already being told I sound like a commercial. My reaction is “Good. Now listen to this…” I have a presentation appointment tomorrow with three people and I am able to tell them the reasons why these products are essential to good health and well-being.

As a business I have more good reasons. The cost is reasonable. I do not have to keep an inventory, although I probably will on a small scale. The trainings and telephone conferences are very convenient. I do not have to buy an e-commerce system and pay for that every month. There are no hidden costs. I liked the shopping comparison that shows these products cost less, even with shipping. The customer reps are very friendly and helpful. I ordered products without knowing their code numbers. I was reminded to order my free product for month 2. I didn’t have to ask for it or provide a coupon code. It was that easy. I am planning my 3rd order and I know the month is not over. I want these products and I understand this kind of quality and service is only available through this unique, but powerful business model.

Last edited by scambuster : 08-25-2005 at 02:22 PM.

Old 06-20-2005, 02:11 PM
Silver Member

So is the name of that business Advancing Lives??

Old 06-20-2005, 02:39 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethLOK
Uhm... yeah, If my mom... who has bought every joint medication out there and found no relief from her pain finally finds a product, Sold by Market America, that actually gave her the relief she's seeking and also impressed her doctor with it's ability to actually help the cartilage rebuild in her 62 year old knees... then yeah... IT IS SO!

And as the last poster said... Market America has given us numerous resources to investigate their ingredients and the scientific studies to back it up. They do indeed have a superior product... and while OPC may not necessarily cure cancer... Go to OPC.com I think, a site that is not run by Market America and find links to the current cancer research that is being done. People are so quick to dismiss certain things and it's good that your skeptical about products... but skepticism with ignorance is foolishness... Go Educate yourself an present your arguments with facts.

As far as my argument... I don't have one. I just shared some info about my mom and her success with the MA product.

Have a good day homey!

hmmm... I guess we can take this as a medical testimonial. I wonder if the FDA has heard about it?.

Old 06-20-2005, 05:08 PM
Silver Member

What is it with everyone and the FDA???

Old 06-20-2005, 10:14 PM
Platinum Member

It seems to me that the independent thought police here are hell bent on whistle blowing Market America and what various individuals have claimed OPC has done for them. I fully understand the FDA's rules and regulations regarding what companies and individuals can and cannot say about suppliments and first and foremost, these rules and regulations are nothing but a blatant violation of the free speach clause of the first amendment. But to the whistle blowers here, that means nothing. OPC doesn't cure anything? Maybe not but during it's use, it certainly causes outright reversals and remissions of chronic illnesses. But some of you wouldn't believe that if God himself said it to your face in heavens court on the day of your judgement. Sad but true. I guess I am just a figment of my imagination.

So eager to report everything to the FDA some of you are. I grew up in the Sheeples RepubliK of Taxachusetts and met a lot of big government *****s but someone who would want to regulate something as a drug and make it more expensive, harder to obtain etc, and thereby jeopardizing the health of those whom like myself have benefitted immensely from its use in the name of government regulation is simply beyond anything I can fathom.

As for you price whiners, OPC3 gives you a 90 day supply for 70 bucks retail, 48 bucks for distributors. That's less than a dollar a day for customers and less than 50 cents a day for distributors. Not that expensive now that I broke it down. Considering what it has done to my acid reflux (wherever that is nowadays) it's a lot cheaper than Prilosec.

Old 06-20-2005, 10:20 PM
Platinum Member

Those of us whom keep open minds, and it sounds like some of you don't even have minds to open, have looked at and analyzed the Market America business plan and understand exactly how and why it is nothing like Amway.

Comparing Market America to Amway is like comparing the boy scouts to the Hitler Youth. Grow a brain, open it, and gather all the information before you draw a conclusion.

Old 06-21-2005, 04:40 AM
Silver Member

Since you love showing links to these viewers here's a few for ya.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6520630

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/m...rticlekey=40708

http://www.drug-injury.com/druginju...fety_oversight/

http://www.usatoday.com/money/indus...-18-vioxx_x.htm

Just how reliable is the FDA is your eyes. Do you want to know the real reason why MA's products haven't been reviewed by the FDA? I'll tell you a little secret. They're classified as neither a food nor a drug. So tell me why the Food and Drug Administration should review our products? The above links are the reason that I would rather take quality natural supplements rather than prescriptions. I hope you now understand why our products haven't been reveiwed by the FDA.
...........................I copied this from the other Market America page just incase anyone missed it.