report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Why is EVERYTHING online a scam to you!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianM View Post
The laws do NOT govern me or anyone on ways to make cash. Sure it may seem unfair, but that's the people's problems not the damn laws.

As for stealing money, i'd like to again point out to you all that the IRS is a big fucking SCAM. they take money from your paycheck for what???? NOTHING. You dont owe them a thing, yet they take it anyways. I say fuck the government, FUCK bush, Fuck congress, fuck the united states of america, and fuck anyone who thinks laws are fair cause they are not! I am above the law because it is NOT fair for anyone, pure and simple.

And if an arresting so called lame officer has a problem with that, he can come knock on my damn door himself.

No, you aren't above the law, Brian. Leave your superhero delusions out of this.

And if you've noticed, very few of my arguments have been based on the IRS. On the other hand, the majority of your defenses (like most cash gifters) have been IRS-centric. What does that tell you about your own reasoning?

PS. The mental image of you and Bush in bed was nauseating. Try to use a more descriptive swear word, please?

Old 07-06-2008, 12:49 AM
- Operations and Marketing -

Okay, it seems that no one has mentioned the obvious "tell" that this reckless prick isn't the owner of the "genius, honest" system he seems to have deluded himself into thinking he built.

Let's look at some of our buddy BrianM's masterpieces:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianM
You are an idiot. You don't even deserve to breathe on my planet you know why? You have no brain whatsoever dude. Quite honestly you must be the dumbest around!
Quote:
yada yada yada, its all hear say to me!
Quote:
All you people in here are FAILURES.
Quote:
The general population in America is "Stupid" so it's no doubt why most of you fail and a percentage succeed.
Quote:
ah there's my little hottie again. Want to go out on a date baby?
Quote:
And your little mind on lotto, just shut the hell up.
Quote:
OUR LOTTERY IS A GAME! Fucking pick a damn number and WIN
Quote:
FUCK bush, Fuck congress, fuck the united states of america, and fuck anyone who thinks laws are fair cause they are not!
Quote:
I am above the law because it is NOT fair for anyone

Give him a hand folks....he DOES try...

I might expect this kind of disgusting rhetoric from a bum on the street barfing beer and cursing the world...but even that's a stretch.

Honestly...Brian, you act like a white caped nut-job and expect people to believe you're even somewhat capable of running an appropriate, ethical business model? I have a hard time believing you have the abilities to sit upright in a wooden chair.

Keep embarrassing yourself, little scamming boy. You may think your blowhard antics are impressing someone while feeding your starving ego, but all you are really accomplishing is giving us wonderful SPAM.com members a complimentary court-jester show.

Keep dancing, kid.

Allllllright, folks!...now let's hear some more teenager cursing rages from our star performer....BRRRIAN M!

Last edited by Director : 07-06-2008 at 12:58 AM.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:23 AM
Silver Member

youre a tool, and yes im above the law... if the laws are not fair, then yes I have a right to go against them... plain and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Director View Post
Okay, it seems that no one has mentioned the obvious "tell" that this reckless prick isn't the owner of the "genius, honest" system he seems to have deluded himself into thinking he built.

Let's look at some of our buddy BrianM's masterpieces:

Give him a hand folks....he DOES try...

I might expect this kind of disgusting rhetoric from a bum on the street barfing beer and cursing the world...but even that's a stretch.

Honestly...Brian, you act like a white caped nut-job and expect people to believe you're even somewhat capable of running an appropriate, ethical business model? I have a hard time believing you have the abilities to sit upright in a wooden chair.

Keep embarrassing yourself, little scamming boy. You may think your blowhard antics are impressing someone while feeding your starving ego, but all you are really accomplishing is giving us wonderful SPAM.com members a complimentary court-jester show.

Keep dancing, kid.

Allllllright, folks!...now let's hear some more teenager cursing rages from our star performer....BRRRIAN M!

Old 07-06-2008, 01:34 AM

Quote:
youre a tool, and yes im above the law... if the laws are not fair, then yes I have a right to go against them... plain and simple.
Ladies and Gentlemen...the great Brian M!

Keep adding to that collection of masterpieces, you special clown-boy, you!

Eventually, maybe you will be able to use your sick responses as a method to grub money from innocent people....someone may actually offer to pay you to shut up.

Ohh...that was a little harsh, Mr. Director...

Will we ever hear from the A-MAZING Brian M again, folks?

OH, he loves his act...

And he'll be back!

Last edited by Director : 07-06-2008 at 02:03 AM.

Old 07-06-2008, 02:23 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Oppose them, yes. Ignore them and willfully break them, no.

Go against them in a fashion which changes the law, Brian. Don't go against them by behaving like a criminal - and don't think I've forgotten about your and your brother's comments threatening me. Because I have neither forgotten nor forgiven those.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Silver Member

Director, you have no backbone, you think this is a game do you? I make thousands daily, like I care what you think about me and people pay ME to achieve my success. So just shut up already.

And yes Higgins, I willingly oppose the law, and will place opinions on such things when the time comes forth.

As for you not forgetting the threats, I honestly do not care at this point if they are forgiven. The past is the past, we either move on, or let it haunt us.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Director, you have no backbone, you think this is a game do you? I make thousands daily, like I care what you think about me and people pay ME to achieve my success. So just shut up already.

And yes Higgins, I willingly oppose the law, and will place opinions on such things when the time comes forth.

As for you not forgetting the threats, I honestly do not care at this point if they are forgiven. The past is the past, we either move on, or let it haunt us.
A game? I'm sure it isn't. You couldn't win a game if the dealer rigged the cards for you. No class and no experience yields a loss every time.

And maybe you do make thousands of dollars daily through an illegal, unethical practice. I never said I didn't believe you. The world is full of young scumbags like yourself that would destroy half the earth and humanity just for a million dollars. Your actions come as no surprise, and your justifications for doing so are some of the weakest piss grounds I've ever come across.

Back to your act, jester! Time and time again you continue to prove me and everyone else here right.

He'll be back folks! Give a round of applause for....BRRRRIAN M!

Old 07-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:

You don't make thousands daily from Cash Gift University, Brian. And I seriously doubt you do from any other business either - your book was a flop, your brother doesn't make anything close to that from his weather prediction business, and basic math would tell anyone who thought about it that if yoiu really were making that kind of cash there would be far more positive information about you out there - from the banking industry, for one thing.

Speaking of CGU, you have under 100 students, you don't get very much in admin fees per student, and if new members join they are most commonly coming in under either David Garcia, Bumper Landreth, Shreveport Mike, or possibly Bryan Ward, as they produce the majority of the new ads I've seen out there. Not coming in under you.

In fact... I only think I've seen two new students join you in the past fortnight. Patricia, who got herself into grief with eBay/kijiji from the start, and Meshad who apparently only uses Youtube. I could be forgetting someone, but that's hardly a "thousands daily" cash flow. Do you even have enough money to defend yourself in court without asking female relatives and your students for financial help?

Old 07-07-2008, 11:09 AM
Silver Member

I'm in three other gifting programs dude, top that one. CGU is just a SMALL part of my daily cash. Also, you are wrong my friend, why? We just had 10 sign ups a day over the 4th of July weekend special! And we do not have under 100 people, WRONG AGAIN! Wow dude, you really dont know me.

As for director, you are really fucking annoying dude. Just shut the fuck up and mind your own business already and do something productive with your life idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfHenryHiggins View Post
You don't make thousands daily from Cash Gift University, Brian. And I seriously doubt you do from any other business either - your book was a flop, your brother doesn't make anything close to that from his weather prediction business, and basic math would tell anyone who thought about it that if yoiu really were making that kind of cash there would be far more positive information about you out there - from the banking industry, for one thing.

Speaking of CGU, you have under 100 students, you don't get very much in admin fees per student, and if new members join they are most commonly coming in under either David Garcia, Bumper Landreth, Shreveport Mike, or possibly Bryan Ward, as they produce the majority of the new ads I've seen out there. Not coming in under you.

In fact... I only think I've seen two new students join you in the past fortnight. Patricia, who got herself into grief with eBay/kijiji from the start, and Meshad who apparently only uses Youtube. I could be forgetting someone, but that's hardly a "thousands daily" cash flow. Do you even have enough money to defend yourself in court without asking female relatives and your students for financial help?

Old 07-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I'm in three other gifting programs dude, top that one. CGU is just a SMALL part of my daily cash. Also, you are wrong my friend, why? We just had 10 sign ups a day over the 4th of July weekend special! And we do not have under 100 people, WRONG AGAIN! Wow dude, you really dont know me.

As for director, you are really fucking annoying dude. Just shut the fuck up and mind your own business already and do something productive with your life idiot.

While I could well be wrong about the number of members of CGU, have you ever considered what your admission of being in "three other gifting programs" will do to your reputation, considering you've so publically stated in the past that gifting is illegal?

And I'm afraid that you're bullshitting me again regarding signups. Did you forget what industry I work in already? I do know how to research things. There are some very clear signs that appear online when you get a new student, and they just haven't been popping up. On the other hand, you do have two "students" (shills) who appear to be frauds generated by two other, real students to boost their chances of getting a donation.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Silver Member

Admin fees were not paid and donations not received so that is why they are not activated yet. Those should be coming in shortly. As for the cash gifting, ill do it anyways because the short term income is fantastic and helps out a lot. It has been helping me out with everything and I wont be doing this forever. I will be quiting as soon as I get enough money saved up to go into more types of internet marketing. Thanks for your reply though, they are more than humble Higgins and I glady enjoy the debate and thorough explanation. But yes i fully admit I am cash gifting other programs, but hey I got to get fast money for maybe college or some career dont I? Why not do it and tell others how they can do it. I feel this summer is my last summer gifting... as I have already come close to my goal saved up and then I will teach my last team member and move forward on a real career and job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfHenryHiggins View Post
While I could well be wrong about the number of members of CGU, have you ever considered what your admission of being in "three other gifting programs" will do to your reputation, considering you've so publically stated in the past that gifting is illegal?

And I'm afraid that you're bullshitting me again regarding signups. Did you forget what industry I work in already? I do know how to research things. There are some very clear signs that appear online when you get a new student, and they just haven't been popping up. On the other hand, you do have two "students" (shills) who appear to be frauds generated by two other, real students to boost their chances of getting a donation.

Old 07-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Admin fees were not paid and donations not received so that is why they are not activated yet. Those should be coming in shortly. As for the cash gifting, ill do it anyways because the short term income is fantastic and helps out a lot. It has been helping me out with everything and I wont be doing this forever. I will be quiting as soon as I get enough money saved up to go into more types of internet marketing. Thanks for your reply though, they are more than humble Higgins and I glady enjoy the debate and thorough explanation. But yes i fully admit I am cash gifting other programs, but hey I got to get fast money for maybe college or some career dont I? Why not do it and tell others how they can do it. I feel this summer is my last summer gifting... as I have already come close to my goal saved up and then I will teach my last team member and move forward on a real career and job.
I doubt this one lasts a month.

Quote:
PYRAMID SCAM TRAINING = CASH GIFTING SUCCESS

17 Dec 2007 Ė Wow, illegal gifting is getting brave! The scam page below showed up in a Google Ad that five MLM Watchdog reporters saw and sent in to MLM WatchDog headquarters! The first link below is for you to see a gifting scam in action. Do NOT fill in the form, this is for scam training only! The second link is to show people in handcuffs as a result of gifting scams.

http://host157.ipowerweb.com/~p-plan...FRDVsgod9BHmug

Gifting = Handcuffs

http://www.mlmwatchdog.com/RC_DamselGift.html

PYRAMID SCAM TRAINING = AUSSIE ONE UP GIFTING MOVIE

17 Dec 2007 Ė Wow, making money off scam tool! The scam movie page below right after the Illegal gifting ad for the scam above. Good scam demo Ė DO NOT BUY! Read and learn, this is illegal, no matter what b.s. they give you.
http://www.giftingmovie.info/

Gifting = Handcuffs

Your Editor Rod Cook says: Spread the word - Gifting Clubs are illegal pyramid schemes!

NEW RESEARCH COMPILED GIFTING PYRMID SCHEME LINKS 1 June 2003

Minnesota Attorney General Gifting Pyramid Scheme Warning

Consumer alert on Pyramid Schemes

http://www.ag.state.mn.us/consumer/kyr/kyr_June01.htm

Colorado Attorney General Gifting Pyramid Scheme Warning

http://www.ago.state.co.us/PRESREL/presrl00/prsrl88.stm

Montanna Attorney General - Gifting Pyramid Scheme Warning

http://sao.state.mt.us/sao/news/2002...20release.html

North Dakota Attorney General Pyramid Scheme - Gifting

Charges of Pyramid Scheme activity brought against violators

of North Dakota Pyramid Scheme laws.

http://www.ag.state.nd.us/newsrelease/02-21-01.pdf

Telluride Colorado Gifting Pyramid Scheme Warning

Police issue alert on Pyramid Schemes

http://www.town.telluride.co.us/marshpyra.html

Churches get sucked in Gifting Pyramid Schemes Report

The claim is that the pyramid scheme was good for charity

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2000/013/15.23.html

Another good survey of Gifting Pyramid Schemes

http://www.detailshere.com/whatisagiftingprog.htm

Good Outline of Gifting Pyramid Schemes

http://www.mazu.com/scams/gifting.html

[Gifting Sites Organized Pyramids -- takes nerve!

http://www.gifting program.com/features.html

http://www.gifting programs.com/cgi-bin/5star/stars.pl]

Edited to warn that last 2 are parked and have viruses: Abe

Quote:
FTC Consumer Alert PDF Format Email
The Gifting Club "Gotcha"
When is a gift not a gift? When itís a "gotcha."

In a scam spreading throughout the mid-Atlantic states and the Pacific Northwest, people pay to join a "gifting club," billed in promotional materials as a private club with members eager to help new friends -- often from within their own neighborhood or church group.

In reality, the clubs are illegal pyramid schemes. New club members give cash "gifts" to the highest-ranking club members, with titles such as "captains." And theyíre promised that if they get additional members to join the club, they, too, will rise to become captains and receive money Ė far more than they initially paid to join the club -- from newer club "friends."

The problem is that, like most pyramid schemes, illegal gifting clubs must continually recruit ever-increasing numbers of members to survive. When the clubs donít attract enough new members, they collapse. Most members who paid to join the clubs never receive the financial "gifts" they expected, and lose everything they paid to join the club.

Donít Get on the Receiving End of a Gifting Club "Gotcha"
Promises of quick, easy money can be a powerful lure Ė especially when it comes with the additional benefit of new friendships.

If youíre approached about joining a club but you arenít sure if itís an illegal gifting club, the Federal Trade Commission reminds you to:

Consider that a legitimate gift has no strings attached and is not an "investment."
Avoid being misled into thinking a gifting club is legitimate because the ads say that members consider their payments a gift and expect nothing in return. This is an attempt to make an illegal transaction look legal.
Be wary of success stories or testimonials of tremendous payoffs. Very few members of illegal gifting clubs or pyramid schemes ever receive any money.
Take your time. Donít buckle under to a high-pressure sales pitch that requires you to join immediately or risk losing out on the opportunity. Remember, solid opportunities Ė and solid friendships Ė arenít formed through nerve-wracking tactics.
To File a Complaint
If youíve been victimized by a gifting club promoter, contact your local consumer protection agency, state attorney general and Better Business Bureau.

The FTC works for the consumer to prevent fraudulent, deceptive and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide information to help consumers spot, stop, and avoid them. To file a complaint or to get free information on consumer issues, visit ftc.gov or call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357); TTY: 1-866-653-4261. The FTC enters Internet, telemarketing, identity theft, and other fraud-related complaints into Consumer Sentinel, a secure online database available to hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad.

http://www.ftc.gov:80/bcp/conline/pu.../giftalrt.shtm

Quote:
More Bad News for Gifting Clubs: The IRS Is Watching
Release Date: 05 / 03 / 2004
Reprinted courtesy of the California Society of Enrolled Agents

The recent arrests of several women in an alleged Sacramento-based pyramid scheme called "Women Helping Women" have shed new light on a very old scam, the "pyramid scheme" that claims to reward investors (or "donors") while actually fleecing them. Not only are such schemes illegal, but the Internal Revenue Service has a nasty surprise for anyone who thinks the payouts are tax-free.

"Some of these 'gifting' organizations claim the money is tax-free, but the IRS considers all income derived from them to be reportable income," says Connie Lorz, EA, President of the California Society of Enrolled Agents. "Of course, for most of those who get involved in these gifting parties, it's a moot point, as they're never going to see any profit or even get their original stake back."

In the Sacramento case, each participant bought a place at the table with an initial pledge of between $625 to $5,000, with the promise of an eventual payout of up to $40,000. Of course, like all pyramid schemes, its success is contingent on the gullibility of its victims and the need to keep reaching new suckers.

Promoters of gifting parties claim that such events are legal and guarantee a return on your gift. Both of those claims are false; in California, Penal Code sections 327 and 484 prohibit endless chain and pyramid schemes. And of course, to move up the pyramid far enough to qualify for the cash payout involves bringing in new people for the level beneath you, and those new people have to bring in new people, and eventually the list of prospective participants invariably runs out, leaving hefty paydays for the perpetrators of the fraud but nothing for the rest.

Proving the adage that there's a sucker born every minute, gifting clubs -- which sometimes call themselves "Women Empowering Women" or "Circle of Friends" -- have spread across the U.S. and into Mexico and Great Britain.

Despite the claims of legality from the clubs' organizers, and despite the dubious contracts members sign stating that the money they "donate" to the club is a gift for which they expect no return, the Internal Revenue Service considers that the participants do indeed expect a return.

"Those individuals who got involved in the scam early and have their piece of dessert are subject to tax evasion charges if they haven't declared their gains," Lorz adds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any questions about tax liability, see an Enrolled Agent. Enrolled Agents are tax professionals licensed by the federal government to represent taxpayers and assist them with tax planning and tax return preparation. Taxpayers in California can locate an Enrolled Agent in their area by calling toll-free 800/TAXPRO-5 or online at www.csea.org. Outside California, the Enrolled Agent referral number is 800.424.4339.

http://www.nfib.com:80/object/3671608.html

Enough said!

Old 07-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Silver Member

Screw them and screw you, by the exposure CGU is getting you'd think I would be in jail by now but nope! we made sure we were above all confines of the lame law so piss off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomass View Post
I doubt this one lasts a month.

Quote:
PYRAMID SCAM TRAINING = CASH GIFTING SUCCESS

17 Dec 2007 Ė Wow, illegal gifting is getting brave! The scam page below showed up in a Google Ad that five MLM Watchdog reporters saw and sent in to MLM WatchDog headquarters! The first link below is for you to see a gifting scam in action. Do NOT fill in the form, this is for scam training only! The second link is to show people in handcuffs as a result of gifting scams.

http://host157.ipowerweb.com/~p-planet/rickred/index.html?gclid=CISJjOP-q5ACFRDVsgod9BHmug

Gifting = Handcuffs

PYRAMID SCAM TRAINING = AUSSIE ONE UP GIFTING MOVIE

17 Dec 2007 Ė Wow, making money off scam tool! The scam movie page below right after the Illegal gifting ad for the scam above. Good scam demo Ė DO NOT BUY! Read and learn, this is illegal, no matter what b.s. they give you.

Gifting = Handcuffs

Your Editor Rod Cook says: Spread the word - Gifting Clubs are illegal pyramid schemes!

NEW RESEARCH COMPILED GIFTING PYRMID SCHEME LINKS 1 June 2003

Minnesota Attorney General Gifting Pyramid Scheme Warning

http://www.ag.state.mn.us/consumer/kyr/kyr_June01.htm

Colorado Attorney General Gifting Pyramid Scheme Warning

http://www.ago.state.co.us/PRESREL/presrl00/prsrl88.stm

Montanna Attorney General - Gifting Pyramid Scheme Warning

http://sao.state.mt.us/sao/news/2002...20release.html

North Dakota Attorney General Pyramid Scheme - Gifting

Charges of Pyramid Scheme activity brought against violators

of North Dakota Pyramid Scheme laws.

http://www.ag.state.nd.us/newsrelease/02-21-01.pdf

Telluride Colorado Gifting Pyramid Scheme Warning

Police issue alert on Pyramid Schemes

http://www.town.telluride.co.us/marshpyra.html

Churches get sucked in Gifting Pyramid Schemes Report

The claim is that the pyramid scheme was good for charity

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2000/013/15.23.html

Another good survey of Gifting Pyramid Schemes

http://www.detailshere.com/whatisagiftingprog.htm

Good Outline of Gifting Pyramid Schemes

http://www.mazu.com/scams/gifting.html

[Gifting Sites Organized Pyramids -- takes nerve!

http://www.gifting program.com/features.html

http://www.gifting programs.com/cgi-bin/5star/stars.pl]

Edited to warn that last 2 are parked and have viruses: Abe

Quote:
FTC Consumer Alert PDF Format Email
The Gifting Club "Gotcha"
When is a gift not a gift? When itís a "gotcha."

In a scam spreading throughout the mid-Atlantic states and the Pacific Northwest, people pay to join a "gifting club," billed in promotional materials as a private club with members eager to help new friends -- often from within their own neighborhood or church group.

In reality, the clubs are illegal pyramid schemes. New club members give cash "gifts" to the highest-ranking club members, with titles such as "captains." And theyíre promised that if they get additional members to join the club, they, too, will rise to become captains and receive money Ė far more than they initially paid to join the club -- from newer club "friends."

The problem is that, like most pyramid schemes, illegal gifting clubs must continually recruit ever-increasing numbers of members to survive. When the clubs donít attract enough new members, they collapse. Most members who paid to join the clubs never receive the financial "gifts" they expected, and lose everything they paid to join the club.

Donít Get on the Receiving End of a Gifting Club "Gotcha"
Promises of quick, easy money can be a powerful lure Ė especially when it comes with the additional benefit of new friendships.

If youíre approached about joining a club but you arenít sure if itís an illegal gifting club, the Federal Trade Commission reminds you to:

Consider that a legitimate gift has no strings attached and is not an "investment."
Avoid being misled into thinking a gifting club is legitimate because the ads say that members consider their payments a gift and expect nothing in return. This is an attempt to make an illegal transaction look legal.
Be wary of success stories or testimonials of tremendous payoffs. Very few members of illegal gifting clubs or pyramid schemes ever receive any money.
Take your time. Donít buckle under to a high-pressure sales pitch that requires you to join immediately or risk losing out on the opportunity. Remember, solid opportunities Ė and solid friendships Ė arenít formed through nerve-wracking tactics.
To File a Complaint
If youíve been victimized by a gifting club promoter, contact your local consumer protection agency, state attorney general and Better Business Bureau.

The FTC works for the consumer to prevent fraudulent, deceptive and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide information to help consumers spot, stop, and avoid them. To file a complaint or to get free information on consumer issues, visit ftc.gov or call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357); TTY: 1-866-653-4261. The FTC enters Internet, telemarketing, identity theft, and other fraud-related complaints into Consumer Sentinel, a secure online database available to hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad.

http://www.ftc.gov:80/bcp/conline/pu.../giftalrt.shtm

Quote:
More Bad News for Gifting Clubs: The IRS Is Watching
Release Date: 05 / 03 / 2004
Reprinted courtesy of the California Society of Enrolled Agents

The recent arrests of several women in an alleged Sacramento-based pyramid scheme called "Women Helping Women" have shed new light on a very old scam, the "pyramid scheme" that claims to reward investors (or "donors") while actually fleecing them. Not only are such schemes illegal, but the Internal Revenue Service has a nasty surprise for anyone who thinks the payouts are tax-free.

"Some of these 'gifting' organizations claim the money is tax-free, but the IRS considers all income derived from them to be reportable income," says Connie Lorz, EA, President of the California Society of Enrolled Agents. "Of course, for most of those who get involved in these gifting parties, it's a moot point, as they're never going to see any profit or even get their original stake back."

In the Sacramento case, each participant bought a place at the table with an initial pledge of between $625 to $5,000, with the promise of an eventual payout of up to $40,000. Of course, like all pyramid schemes, its success is contingent on the gullibility of its victims and the need to keep reaching new suckers.

Promoters of gifting parties claim that such events are legal and guarantee a return on your gift. Both of those claims are false; in California, Penal Code sections 327 and 484 prohibit endless chain and pyramid schemes. And of course, to move up the pyramid far enough to qualify for the cash payout involves bringing in new people for the level beneath you, and those new people have to bring in new people, and eventually the list of prospective participants invariably runs out, leaving hefty paydays for the perpetrators of the fraud but nothing for the rest.

Proving the adage that there's a sucker born every minute, gifting clubs -- which sometimes call themselves "Women Empowering Women" or "Circle of Friends" -- have spread across the U.S. and into Mexico and Great Britain.

Despite the claims of legality from the clubs' organizers, and despite the dubious contracts members sign stating that the money they "donate" to the club is a gift for which they expect no return, the Internal Revenue Service considers that the participants do indeed expect a return.

"Those individuals who got involved in the scam early and have their piece of dessert are subject to tax evasion charges if they haven't declared their gains," Lorz adds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any questions about tax liability, see an Enrolled Agent. Enrolled Agents are tax professionals licensed by the federal government to represent taxpayers and assist them with tax planning and tax return preparation. Taxpayers in California can locate an Enrolled Agent in their area by calling toll-free 800/TAXPRO-5 or online at www.csea.org. Outside California, the Enrolled Agent referral number is 800.424.4339.

http://www.nfib.com:80/object/3671608.html

Enough said!