report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Science Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2007, 11:21 AM
The one and only

Re: What . . . has science . . . done . . .

The bible is a book of stories to enlighten and teach people the value of life (At least it was the last time I read it). The Bible was written by MAN, MAN is flawed, therefore the Bible is FLAWED. It's more flawed now than ever. Seeming man is corrupt and his drive is to gain power, as the Bible has been passed on and rewritten over time, those who have scribed it have either lost something in translation, decided to omit certain things, and add things to change the opinions of the reader so that they (the religion) stay in power and influence the weak minded.

Science isn't perfect either but it's correctable, religion is a one way street. Science has opened many doors that faith has not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTB7 View Post
I believe in a eight legged tiger with wings that gives you milk and cookies when you die.

Last edited by Sashi : 11-23-2007 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Spelling corrections

Old 11-23-2007, 12:39 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
The bible is a book of stories to enlighten and teach people the value of life (At least it was the last time I read it). The Bible was written by MAN, MAN is flawed, therefore the Bible is FLAWED. It's more flawed now than ever. Seeming man is corrupt and his drive is to gain power, as the Bible has been passed on and rewritten over time, those who have scribed it have either lost something in translation, decided to omit certain things, and add things to change the opinions of the reader so that they (the religion) stay in power and influence the weak minded.

Science isn't perfect either but it's correctable, religion is a one way street. Science has opened many doors that faith has not.
The Bible is extremely interesting from the standpoint of how people thought and acted in the days it was written and transcribed. Like watching an old movie, you can see that human interaction and emotion are similar to today. The basic difference is that they didn't have cell phones. :smile:

Old 11-23-2007, 10:16 PM
Most Valued Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
i simply contend that from a rational scientific view of mind, if 'wickedness' as you stated exists, then science if it is truly concerned with man's welfare has an obligation to prove it by solving that riddle FIRST before inventing the very tools that wickedness can employ to destroy all of mankind!?

Another strawman. Science is an explanation of natural fact, cause and event. It does not address morality. You are disingenuously conflating natural science and social sciences.
now science is divided!?into sect-ions!/just like religion!?(sects)dont let the right hand know what the left hand is doing!?damn the torpedos,full speed ahead!?maybe i stated it wrong,the only purpose of religions existence is to provide man with a way out of his delimna!?his inability to control his "minds"!?if he settles for trying to fit the religious message into his ordinary way of thinking/self control then it is not religions fault he fails/distorts it's message!?if the religious message is taken over by charlatans specifically looking for these types of people to control then it is not the fault of religion!?it is up to the individual to pass the test of the religious message!?while seeming like a mass message it is really a personal message!?at least when you get down to the nitty gritty!?knowledge of god by the individual is the cause of ANY and ALL morality!?the hearing or seeing of an act of morality by any reasonable man is enough to empower him to imitate it!?imitation is then taken as ability!?self caused ability!?and without direct knowledge of the existence of god,moral ability cannot be produced/acted out without the belief in it's common everyday occurrence!?and even then only in the right circumstances!?and by the way,i seem to remember that atomic scientists have often wrestled with conscience over the perceived uses of their impending work!?and conscience is spelled.........con-science!?so as we can see,the mental warning to consider the possible consequences of your actions are really an example of the already plainly stated tenets of religion!?your turn......:conehead: :whip: :devil:hehe!!...just askn...

Old 11-23-2007, 10:22 PM

Quote:
"religion's VERY FIRST AND ONLY GOAL is to solve that problem FIRST!?i'm sorry you dont understand that YET!?"

No, religions' goal, and only goal, is to convert and control. Period. Unless you haven't read any history or just choose to ignore history, all that religion is concerned with is converting and control.
doesn't science spend alot/most of it's time discovering how to convert and control elements/matter and yes even the living things!?:grrr: :surprised: :drunk:hehe!!...just askn....

Old 11-23-2007, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlipper View Post
How much science does it take to attatch a bomb to ones self and blow up innocent women and children? This isn't the wickedness of science. It's the wickedness of religon.
while it sure takes a whole lot of "science" to DESCRIBE what a person can Do,without ANY scientific STUDY it is all done effortlessly like "magic"!?god is magic ya know!?well that's what amateurs would call it!?most just experience him as LUCK!?or the lack of it!?and actually most hardly notice anything anymore as they take everything they can do/not do for granted!?:surprised: :grrr: :clown:hehe!!.....just askn...

Old 11-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexx View Post
...!?or the lack of it!?and actually most hardly notice anything anymore as they take everything they can do/not do for granted!?:surprised: :grrr: :clown:hehe!!.....just askn...
The but tractor riddling fishes for the purpose that saw the third go was. Real for exacterlize preemden. Furthermore, fro zinderlatz derrebrund that we jinst "to harolt", that anyone can seas on momenz frint or lost was nit breleeb to starzrees and hve for hes not wendt creen ter splammet. Clearly, krynnee glips drool(yahpert.....lol) whods jinst poopy, then saw obvious. Ti it was leemmart spleemart poem.
--jis tellon ya:whip:

Last edited by phlipper : 11-23-2007 at 11:24 PM.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlipper View Post
The but tractor riddling fishes for the purpose that saw the third go was. Real for exacterlize preemden. Furthermore, fro zinderlatz derrebrund that we jinst "to harolt", that anyone can seas on momenz frint or lost was nit breleeb to starzrees and hve for hes not wendt creen ter splammet. Clearly, krynnee glips drool(yahpert.....lol) whods jinst poopy, then saw obvious. Ti it was leemmart spleemart poem.
--jis tellon ya:whip:
so english aint yer first language!?just relax and concentrate!?or copy and paste from books!?and maybe ask to have the holding tank chlorine cut back!?:star: :clown: :star:hehe!!.....just askn....

Old 05-05-2008, 11:36 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enlightenme007 View Post
for you today? Or better yet, what have the scientists spending
all their time on this board done to improve their life or the lives
of others, which should be the motivation behind science, no?

How is it in the name of science you can sit on these chat rooms
for so long, when people are dying of disease you braniacs could
be finding cures for?

Why? Thank God my faith is not in science, although there
is nothing wrong with science, it has not done anything for me
today, unlike the true and living God, which has blessed me
with another day!
God didnt give me the energy to stay awake 24 hours a day .. so instead ..

I spend 8-5 studying protein structure in an attempt to aid in treating disease born out of genetic abberation(s).

After 5pm, I get high, and drunk, and sometimes, obviously, I post on forums :P

You expect scientists to work 24 hours a day?

Old 05-05-2008, 11:46 PM
Newbie Member

lexx, i dont know you and i mean no disrespect, but .. are you stupid?

Like, most of your posts are ... nonsensical and straight up stupid

And whoever said Science and Religion are opposites is wrong. The problem is that they don't seem to be able to coexist very well with one another, that doesn't make them opposites. In fact, quantum field theory itself may in a way describe elements of reality that one might attribute to religious beliefs. Thing that pisses me off is its not the scientists making it so hard to coexist, its the religious folk ... but the religious folk blame the scientists. We just spend our lives in a lab trying to figure out reality, religious people spend their lives telling us how wrong we are. I dont get it.

I esp. don't get the whole 'god doesn't want us doing his work argument.

If god didnt want us doing something, he would have created us such that we lacked the cognitive ability to do it, or when he created the earth he would have removed the fundamentally important 'exotic' material necessary for creating the devices we need to study ourselves ...

and no god did not create the earth, a whole lot of asteroids/planetoids/meteors smashing into each other and creating a mass capable of sustaining a gravitational field strong enough to feel the effects of the suns gravitational field did, and this mass of rock just kept gettin hit over and over until it became the earth :P ... but this was billions of years ago of course. If you can show me how to create a planet in 7 days i'll give you a cookie

Old 05-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

Quote:
now science is divided!?into sect-ions!/just like religion!?(sects)dont let the right hand know what the left hand is doing!?damn the torpedos,full speed ahead!?maybe i stated it wrong,the only purpose of religions existence is to provide man with a way out of his delimna!?his inability to control his "minds"!?if he settles for trying to fit the religious message into his ordinary way of thinking/self control then it is not religions fault he fails/distorts it's message!?if the religious message is taken over by charlatans specifically looking for these types of people to control then it is not the fault of religion!?it is up to the individual to pass the test of the religious message!?while seeming like a mass message it is really a personal message!?at least when you get down to the nitty gritty!?knowledge of god by the individual is the cause of ANY and ALL morality!?the hearing or seeing of an act of morality by any reasonable man is enough to empower him to imitate it!?imitation is then taken as ability!?self caused ability!?and without direct knowledge of the existence of god,moral ability cannot be produced/acted out without the belief in it's common everyday occurrence!?and even then only in the right circumstances!?and by the way,i seem to remember that atomic scientists have often wrestled with conscience over the perceived uses of their impending work!?and conscience is spelled.........con-science!?so as we can see,the mental warning to consider the possible consequences of your actions are really an example of the already plainly stated tenets of religion!?your turn......:conehead: :whip: :devil:hehe!!...just askn...
Quote:
if the religious message is taken over by charlatans specifically looking for these types of people to control then it is not the fault of religion!?
Really?...so, religion does not dictate or demand that followers act according to it's set of beliefs or laws??..that it does not ask it's followers to financially compensate the religion for practicing the faith???...that it does not ask its followers to defend, fight and die if need be for the better good of the faith???

You really have no position to argue from.

Quote:
knowledge of god by the individual is the cause of ANY and ALL morality!?
Prove it. I can produce people who have absolutely no faith of any kind, who live a moral and ethical life with out a religion or belief in God. Morality is not the sole providence or product of religion or God. Conversely, I can produce devout followers who have acted immorally.

Quote:
the hearing or seeing of an act of morality by any reasonable man is enough to empower him to imitate it!?imitation is then taken as ability!?self caused ability!?and without direct knowledge of the existence of god,moral ability cannot be produced/acted out without the belief in it's common everyday occurrence!?and even then only in the right circumstances!?
Nice straw-man ya got there. I expected better from you.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

Quote:
doesn't science spend alot/most of it's time discovering how to convert and control elements/matter and yes even the living things!?:grrr: :surprised: :drunk:hehe!!...just askn....
Wow...that's blanket statement you're making there. The answer is no. Science spends most, if not all of it's time, trying to understand and explain things. That's the definition of Science.

What science researches, discovers and explains has many applications. Trying to blame those who discover new technologies for the negative or perverted applications of the those technologies is intellectually dishonest.

I guess, using your logic, God should blame himself for the death of Jesus by the Crucifixion. No trees, no cross.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Wow...that's blanket statement you're making there. The answer is no. Science spends most, if not all of it's time, trying to understand and explain things. That's the definition of Science.

What science researches, discovers and explains has many applications. Trying to blame those who discover new technologies for the negative or perverted applications of the those technologies is intellectually dishonest.

I guess, using your logic, God should blame himself for the death of Jesus by the Crucifixion. No trees, no cross.
Poor Lex, the "genius", his line of thought has no detours, if you know what I mean . . .

No dig there Lexx, just stating the facts.
Facts scare you don't they??? LOL

Old 05-09-2008, 04:20 PM

ok!?let's separate principle from practice!?both religion and science are attempting to provide useful knowledge!?and both have secrets for the same reason!?abuse of knowledge!?and look at it this way!?especially in light of lee's last comment!?genius must have boundaries!?and ignorance cannot be trusted with power!?or never give a monkey a machine gun/grenade!?or to put it another way,morality says if you make a machine gun knowing that monkeys exist!?you create a delimna!?and morality says you cannot eliminate the monkey to solve the delimna!?you should choose not to make the machine gun instead!?but then a second delimna arises!?the knowledge of how to make a machine gun must be forgotten or kept secret!?(20,000 leagues under the sea)even to the death!?but the scary facts to me are the possibility of man thru science taking over his own future evolution!?once man becomes practically immortal,no actually before then,when he believes this to be possible,(we are getting there now)then the wheels of elimination will accelerate in the vain(!?) effort to create a more efficient use of resources to achieve the goal!?call it ethnic cleansing!?it has started already!?the effects can be seen in the third world and yet the causes and mindset are really rooted in the developed world!?the monkey KNOWS there is a machine gun,and it wants to acquire it NOW!?but of course the argument is obvious that morality is defined BY evolution so the monkey IS expendable as an evolutionary reject!?and since religion has no scientifically reproducible CURE for the monkey condition,it is irrelevant!?think about what is keeping YOU from being considered expendable!?generally speaking,it is the advancement of knowledge not exceeding the ability to apply it and constrain it's abuse!?this may be referred to in monkey speak as liberalism vs conservatism!? hehe!!.....just askn...

Old 05-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTech View Post
And whoever said Science and Religion are opposites is wrong.
I take the blame and admit that the statement was a bit broad. However, in my mind, they are opposites in the sense that science deals with physical observation, measurement; religon deals with all that can't be measured--faith, God, Hell, Heaven, kindness, hate, etc.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:34 AM
The Solitary Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by enlightenme007 View Post
for you today? Or better yet, what have the scientists spending
all their time on this board done to improve their life or the lives
of others, which should be the motivation behind science, no?

How is it in the name of science you can sit on these chat rooms
for so long, when people are dying of disease you braniacs could
be finding cures for?

Why? Thank God my faith is not in science, although there
is nothing wrong with science, it has not done anything for me
today, unlike the true and living God, which has blessed me
with another day!

Not trying to be rude, but how do you know that people are sitting on forums all day? Don't make assumptions about things you don't know unless you have the facts.

Some people visit forums as an additional pastime, it doesn't mean they spend their whole life on here. Not that it's anyone's business even if they did.

But, since you're asking, part of my job entails encouraging young people to take up a career in Engineering and we attend events and open days packed full of activities to this effect. This is one of many things that we do.

Hope this helps.

Con artists revealed as the criminals they are!

The IGNORE feature is the best answer for a FOOL!

Last edited by BAILEYSCREAMS_REVENGE : 05-11-2008 at 10:37 AM.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTech View Post
lexx, i dont know you and i mean no disrespect, but .. are you stupid?

Like, most of your posts are ... nonsensical and straight up stupid

And whoever said Science and Religion are opposites is wrong. The problem is that they don't seem to be able to coexist very well with one another, that doesn't make them opposites. In fact, quantum field theory itself may in a way describe elements of reality that one might attribute to religious beliefs. Thing that pisses me off is its not the scientists making it so hard to coexist, its the religious folk ... but the religious folk blame the scientists. We just spend our lives in a lab trying to figure out reality, religious people spend their lives telling us how wrong we are. I dont get it.

I esp. don't get the whole 'god doesn't want us doing his work argument.

If god didnt want us doing something, he would have created us such that we lacked the cognitive ability to do it, or when he created the earth he would have removed the fundamentally important 'exotic' material necessary for creating the devices we need to study ourselves ...

and no god did not create the earth, a whole lot of asteroids/planetoids/meteors smashing into each other and creating a mass capable of sustaining a gravitational field strong enough to feel the effects of the suns gravitational field did, and this mass of rock just kept gettin hit over and over until it became the earth :P ... but this was billions of years ago of course. If you can show me how to create a planet in 7 days i'll give you a cookie
well,nice to meet you too!?and thanks for the wake up call!?although i would appreciate a more exacting description of my stupidity!?then again,your best bet may be to forget your visit here entirely!?of course,if you feel you have the time to make significant in roads to providing a communicatible understanding of thinking or reasoning errors in great detail,(whatever it takes!?)then i'm glad you've arrived!?but if all you can say is my life is fine,why isn't everyone else's!?then you probably will be ignored or ridiculed or made subject to off the cuff remarks!?ok.....i'm done now.....have at it!! hehe!!....just askn....