report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Business Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2006, 06:32 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Is ugacorp.com. a scam?

first question do u live close to the area if not. the can you afford the long distant call. If you can you can call and see what you get a real person or an acering service. ask to make sure. I dose not hurt to ask questions have them send you a letter head with there bussiness logo on it or something that shows proof of legentamency if they do chek them out at the B.B.B. See if they are for real how long have they been in business for ect. If You realy wish to do this job. I would check it out and get more info. But If this is not what you want to do then chuck it.

Old 11-13-2006, 03:09 AM
I am new at Scam.com

For those of you wondering about ugacorp.com and wanting more information,
I generally charge $25.00 for looking up this information, but have provided it free for your edification, as I just got a recruitment letter from them as well.

Here is the information you seek:

Trace Results
Target: ugacorp.com
Date: Sun Nov 12 18:11:28 2006
Nodes: 17

Node Data
Node Net Reg IP Address Location Node Name
17 1 1 67.103.221.250 Unknown mail.ugacorp.com

Packet Data
Node High Low Avg Tot Lost
17 87 87 87 1 0

Network Data
Network id#: 1

OrgName: Covad Communications Co.
OrgID: CVAD
Address: 2510 Zanker Rd.
City: San Jose
StateProv: CA
PostalCode: 95131

ReferralServer: rwhois://rwhois.covad.net:4321

NetRange: 67.100.0.0 - 67.103.255.255
CIDR: 67.100.0.0/14
NetName: NETBLK-COVAD-IP-4-NET
NetHandle: NET-67-100-0-0-1
Parent: NET-67-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS3.COVAD.COM
NameServer: NS4.COVAD.COM
Comment:
RegDate: 2003-04-18
Updated: 2004-07-30

RAbuseHandle: CART-ARIN
RAbuseName: Covad abuse reporting team
RAbusePhone: +1-703-376-2830
RAbuseEmail: abuse-isp@covad.com

OrgAbuseHandle: CART-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: Covad abuse reporting team
OrgAbusePhone: +1-703-376-2830
OrgAbuseEmail: abuse-isp@covad.com

OrgNOCHandle: CIN-ARIN
OrgNOCName: COVAD IP NOC
OrgNOCPhone: +1-888-801-6285
OrgNOCEmail: noc-ipservices@covad.com

OrgTechHandle: ZC178-ARIN
OrgTechName: Admin
OrgTechPhone: +1-888-801-6285
OrgTechEmail: ip_admin@covad.com

ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2006-11-11 19:10

Registrant Data
Registrant id#: 1
Registrant:
SAS, DNS Admin
3800 William D Tate Ave
Suite 800
Grapevine, TX 96051
US

Domain Name: UGACORP.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
SAS, DNS Admin naseadmin@gmail.com
3800 William D Tate Ave
Suite 800
Grapevine, TX 96051
US

Record expires on 18-Nov-2006.
Record created on 18-Nov-2005.
Database last updated on 12-Nov-2006 18:59:45 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.UGACORP.COM 67.103.221.250

Hope this helps ya'll out.

:cool:

Old 11-19-2006, 10:17 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I believe ugacorp is a scam - does anyone know?
I received an email (I'm not in sales either) from ugacorp.com and I answered, but no response - see below:

Dear Don,
Thank you for your interest. Please give me you website and explain the job position you have available.
Thanks, Anette

>From: "Don Heath"
>Reply-To: "Don Heath"
>To: Anette
>Subject: position
>Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 15:24:20 -0800
>
>Dear Anette,
>
>I came across your resume and thought you'd be a good fit for a sales
>position that we have available in Mar Vista. Annual first year
>average is between $60K and $125K depending on your work ethic.
>
>I'd like to learn more about your experience and answer any questions
>you may have about the position. I'd like you to come in this week
>for an interview.
>
>Please call me to discuss setting up an interview at 818-883-6273.
>
>Regards,
>Don Heath
>
>Don Heath
>Division Manager
>United Group Associates
>818-883-6273 tel
>888-990-6273 toll free
>www.ugacareers.com
>

Old 11-27-2006, 08:14 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Well folks, it looks like all the bad press hasn't stopped UGACorp. from sending out the emails. I got one this weekend. I do have a resume posted on monster.com, as well as a few other online forums, but like many of you, I have no experience in this field. Nor do I wish to, so I will not be responding, but am posting this just as info to others who may be interested.

Please note, however, that I did receive a phone call regarding my resume, from the person whose name is in the email. He was very polite, said he was calling about my resume, and thought I might be interested in what they have to offer. He gave a valid name and phone number, which I checked with local records. Maybe I'll call just to see what he has to say....who knows....

Anyway, this is the letter I received:

Dear Angel,

I found your resume and thought that you would be a good fit for a
sales position that we have available in Palm Coast. First year
average is between 60-100K depending on how well you perform.

I'd like to learn more about your experience and answer any questions
you may have about the position. I would like you to come in for an
interview this week at our office.

Please give me a call on Monday at 407-261-1666.

Best Regards,
Greg Van Wye

Old 12-18-2006, 09:31 PM
I am new at Scam.com

This is a email is got from UGA.
I am in the medical field, never sold anything!
Frederick,

I came across your resume and thought you'd be a good fit
for a sales
position we have available in Sewickley. Annual first year
average
is between $60K and $125K depending on how hard you work.

I'd like to learn more about your experience and answer any
questions
you may have about the position. I'd like you to come in
this week
for an interview.

Please call my assistant Bela to discuss setting up an
interview at
800-404-9037.

Best regards,
Todd Reynold

Todd Reynold
Divisional Manager
UGA-Field Services
6400 Brooktree Ct Suite 200 Wexford, Pa. 15090
800-404-9037
412-235-2210

Old 12-18-2006, 09:32 PM
I am new at Scam.com

WHat is UGA COrp?

Old 01-08-2007, 11:09 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko1962
WHat is UGA COrp?
Google "UGA Field Services" to learn more about them from one of their websites. Otherwise, read the posts in this thread. I tried to reply to the email I received from them which read: "We found your resume online and thought you'd be a good fit for a sales
position that we have available in Tulsa. Annual first year average
is between 50K and 80K depending on how hard you work.

We'd like to learn more about your experience and answer any questions
you may have about the position. I'd like you to come in this week for
an interview with our division manager, Scott Crawley.

Please call me at 918-xxx-xxxx to discuss setting up an appointment.
Look forward to speaking with you soon!"

When I replied this is what I got back.

This is the Postfix program at host mail.ugacorp.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

(expanded from
): mail for mail.ugacorp.com loops back to myself

Final-Recipient: rfc822; timetohire.gmail.com@mail.ugacorp.com
Original-Recipient: rfc822; lcasillas@ugacorp.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; mail for mail.ugacorp.com loops back to myself

So apparently, you can't reply back to them. I guess you can only call the local number they include in their contact email form. Just for kicks, I'll probably call the number and make an appointment to go hear their sales pitch and before I go make copies of this thread on this website and pass them out to the other prospective salespersons. :D

Old 01-16-2007, 07:52 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I got the same template email this morning. I have received this one before under a different company name. I remember this because I researched the other name and Mega Life and Health came up too. I told my husband about it because his company just signed up with Mega for their employees and I was not accepted because of "pre existing conditions" and I had to go with Blue Shield.

As far as the job opportunity, I have been getting A LOT of emails for insurance sales jobs from my Careerbuilder resume. I do inside sales right now for a very reputable company (not insurance)and I get A LOT of rejection. I think with the economy the way it is right now sales jobs in certain fields are not doing well. I should go into the loan business since that is what everyone is doing now to pay the bills (the insurance bills too) LOL! ;)

Old 03-02-2007, 06:45 PM
I am new at Scam.com

UGA, MEGA, NASE, UICI or whatever acronym or nom de plum they go under is a complete scam. DO NOT waste your time. I went into a group interview under the impression it was going to be much like a job fair type of experience--they get to know who we are and vice versa. No, the District Rep. starts with numbers from the beginning. Then statistics. Then where UICI has been exposed (The Wall Street Journal, The Winner's Circle, Money, etc.). With all of the information that was being thrown at me, I felt really quite inane because I couldn't keep up. Then I remembered that this procedure is called FLOODING. In essence, it's a way to modify behavior--they throw a bunch of information at their "potential" reps (hopeful guinea pigs): how much you can make, look how successuful this company is, we've been here, we've been there, our stock was here and now it's there and we'll give you your share once you start making money, we'll give you an upfront bounus--blah blah blah in order to take away any sense of good reasoning so that you can see the cash cow at the end of the rainbow.
***Oh and just an aside--this Regional Rep. told us potential guinea pigs that he has a "retarded" (his words, not mine) son and that he wants to put money away for him. Whether it's true or not--he's a sick ++++++
@@@@One more aside--Mary Lou Retton is one of their celebrity spokespeople. She should shove that gold medal up her *** for trying to cheat America when she represented us in the Games. Irony, huh?

Old 04-26-2007, 09:16 PM
I am new at Scam.com

UGA is NOT a scam folks. I work for them and I have seen the paychecks. It is a work hard, make money job. Don't work, don't make money....just like any other job. The company does do "group" interviews because so many people are skeptical of a job where you manage your own schedule and reap what you sow. You are in business for yourself basically if you work for them. They help train you, give you guidance and the tools, all you have to do is utilize them. They go through many agents for several reasons: many agents tell them they can work hard and have "self-motivation", only to find out that they have none of the skills they claimed to have. (because, NO LIE folks...you ACTUALLY, REALLY do have to work hard and if money isn't a motivator, then I don't know what in the world is), also, the agents that do this job and do it well, move up the ladder very, very quickly and are off to be district managers or sales leaders in other areas, so the company must consistently hire for these reasons among others.
Here's a monumental thought...ask the agents that actually work for the company. Ask the person who contacted you via email or phone if you could talk to one or several of their current agents about what they do and what benefits they reap from it, if any. You can't make judgements on a company without actually investigating it from the inside out. Any career decision is an important one. UGA doesn't want you if you don't want to work. End of story. But if you work, then the rewards are forthcoming, just like any good job.
And about the insurance angle, every single insurance company has a "scam" page. Because let's face it, we never talk about how wonderful our insurance is on the internet, we only complain on the internet. Here's just a sample of a website for a big insurance company, to prove my point...http://www.bluecrosssucks.com but search around and you're bound to find a site like this on every insurance company out there. (and another truth is, that people do lie about preexisting conditions and get caught...wow :eek: ...amazing huh?) No matter where you go on your research for any company, you will probably find unflattering information about it somewhere. Why not try to find something good out about them from the people who work there and have worked there? That's the REAL information. (and remember, people who work at companies sometimes have bad experiences too, so be objective, there is good and bad in everything out there.) It is much easier to find bad comments about companies on the internet than it is to find good ones.

Last edited by BittenKitten : 04-26-2007 at 09:19 PM.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:16 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Greetings, I had just filed a resume with C-B.com and I received an email as follows:

Dear ______,

I saw your resume and I have an opening in Fernandina Beach on our sales team that you may be interested in. Based on your resume and income requirements I believe you may be a viable candidate.

I'd like to learn more about your experience and answer any questions you may have about the position through a possible interview this week.

Please give me a call after 10am at 904-579-4621 to discuss setting up an interview.

Best regards,
Jamie

Jamie Ann Romero
Recruiting Manager
UGA
4720 Salisbury Road
Jacksonville, FL 32256
904-579-4621 office

I waited until 10:00 am and called. I then received a recorded message that they were busy and would call me back. (as it turns out, this is the modus operandi of this "association" UGA or company. They will never pick up the phone, they are always in a meeting, and they supposedly read your resume, but I believe they are just "mining" for individuals they can rope into their system...see link below, they have no idea what your quals are when they conduct an interview, which is more like a sales promotion).

In addition, when I tried to send an email back to her, it BOUNCED, so the email link was obviously set up to be a NON-REPLY type. So, here they have my email, but no real legit email to reply!

OK so I was suspicious of this since the company was unfamiliar with me. In doing some research with phone directories in Jacksonville, there was NO company listed as UGA at that address. The phone number was unlisted.

In addition, I found that the person, Jamie Romero, is an insurance agent for Mega Life in TAMPA Florida, a 5 hour drive from Jacksonville. For information on her company go here:

http://www.jamieromero-ins.com/

So I called her at that number and found out that she was in a meeting and would call me back. Fine, I left a message, and she finally called me back.

I asked her what her company was (in her email, UGA) and she quickly gave me the (unclear and vague) UGA website. However, when I asked her specifically whether the company was selling insurance, she said NO, that she was acting on behalf of a "non-profit", which sounded like a gross misrepresentation of UGA's business listed on the C-B.com website.

She then cut off the conversation since she "didn't like how the conversation was going", and that “since she would be my supervisor”, she "did not like my (curious and investigative) tone”.

I found the UGA company information at your website here:

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeek...ociationfields

But the following about UGA was reported here (note that when you scroll down the messages in this link that the email messages sent by “Jamie Romero” are nearly identical as those reported in the link, with the exception of no dollar amounts were entered by “Jamie”):

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=8523

NASE, UGA, UICI, Mid-West National, Healthmarkets & MEGA Life & Health Insurance

Just a word of THANKS to all the kind folks who took the time to reveal the true facts on NASE, UGA, UICI, Mid-West National, Healthmarkets & MEGA Life & Health Insurance!!!

I recently went for a job interview with this company after they responded to my resume posted on Monster.com. When I arrived for my "interview" at their Woodland Hills, CA office – I was led into a meeting room where I was surprised to find a number of other applicants who also just happened to have an interview at the same time as mine!

I soon discovered that the “interview” was actually a “sales presentation” with the specific intent of "selling" us on going to work for UGA (or whatever their real name is they have so many). We were told that in order to be hired (as an independent contractor 1099 on straight commission), we would need to pay a non-refundable "setup fee" of $275!

The bulk of the presentation was on the vast amounts of money we could make and how bad all the other insurance companies were. The presenter showed us stacks of bonus checks, some as high as $30,000.00 that had recently been paid to salespeople over and above their regular commissions. “Just two sales a week, and you too could be making a six figure income”, the presenter said! “And that's just the beginning!"

After the 90 minute presentation we were finally given the opportunity for an individual interview. In my interview the presenter, who I presume to be the branch manager, didn't even look at my resume, work history, or educational background. I continued to feel I was “being sold” versus a normal interview where one is asked to sell themselves. When I said I needed a few days to think things over, the presenter gave me all of two days to make my decision, or I would lose the "opportunity".

My subsequent research on NASE, UGA, MEGA et al., confirms my own intuitive feelings about this company. Based on my research I can only conclude that this firm is not a highly regarded company, or a company that I would want to work for. UGA's prime market is insurance for the self employed. I've learned that there really is no such thing as “special insurance” for the self employed. Insurance is insurance. What UGA is doing is capitalizing on the small business person's frustration with the high cost of "legitimate" health insurance in order to sell their less than comparable policies and programs. I also called two independent insurance brokers in the Los Angeles area asking for their input on UGA and MEGA. Both laughed outloud and gave me an earful with respect to the deceptive nature of MEGA'S policies, the multitude of exclusions, the deceptive nature of their programs, the lack of training of their salespeople, and their record of not paying out on claims, etc., and so on. Remember these were "independent" agents who were not wedded to any particular company.

So THANKS AGAIN to all the posters at Rip-off Report for taking the time to tell your story. YOU HAVE SAVED ME (and hopefully many other people) from making a very bad career move and/or insurance buying decision!

Paul - Castaic, California
U.S.A.

At the very least, I consider the lack of clear information about UGA, their hiring practices, as well as this "Jamie" individual who represents the company somehow in both Jacksonville and Tampa to be highly suspect. I believe they are mining your listings and sending out bulk emails with the hope of trapping someone in their so-called "business".

The UGA may very well be a legitimate company ON PAPER, but their deception about who they are, and that they are working for a "non-profit" as indicated by Ms. Romero, and that they are NOT selling insurance is an outright misrepresentation.

In addition “Jamie Romero” also does wedding receptions in Tampa:

http://www.perfectweddingguide.com/b...al_profile.asp LID=6978&header=13&catheader=10&mktid=53

When I called that number, I got the same "Jamie" recorded voice as in the Tampa Insurance "Jamie Romero" and the Jacksonville UGA "Jamie Romero".

I believe UGA should be BANNED from Career Builder dot com.

name withheld
Fernandina Beach, FL

Old 07-21-2007, 06:38 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BittenKitten
UGA is NOT a scam folks. I work for them and I have seen the paychecks. It is a work hard, make money job. Don't work, don't make money....just like any other job. The company does do "group" interviews because so many people are skeptical of a job where you manage your own schedule and reap what you sow. You are in business for yourself basically if you work for them. They help train you, give you guidance and the tools, all you have to do is utilize them. They go through many agents for several reasons: many agents tell them they can work hard and have "self-motivation", only to find out that they have none of the skills they claimed to have. (because, NO LIE folks...you ACTUALLY, REALLY do have to work hard and if money isn't a motivator, then I don't know what in the world is), also, the agents that do this job and do it well, move up the ladder very, very quickly and are off to be district managers or sales leaders in other areas, so the company must consistently hire for these reasons among others.
Here's a monumental thought...ask the agents that actually work for the company. Ask the person who contacted you via email or phone if you could talk to one or several of their current agents about what they do and what benefits they reap from it, if any. You can't make judgements on a company without actually investigating it from the inside out. Any career decision is an important one. UGA doesn't want you if you don't want to work. End of story. But if you work, then the rewards are forthcoming, just like any good job.
And about the insurance angle, every single insurance company has a "scam" page. Because let's face it, we never talk about how wonderful our insurance is on the internet, we only complain on the internet. Here's just a sample of a website for a big insurance company, to prove my point...http://www.bluecrosssucks.com but search around and you're bound to find a site like this on every insurance company out there. (and another truth is, that people do lie about preexisting conditions and get caught...wow :eek: ...amazing huh?) No matter where you go on your research for any company, you will probably find unflattering information about it somewhere. Why not try to find something good out about them from the people who work there and have worked there? That's the REAL information. (and remember, people who work at companies sometimes have bad experiences too, so be objective, there is good and bad in everything out there.) It is much easier to find bad comments about companies on the internet than it is to find good ones.
__
Thank you, BK, for setting the record straight! Folks, this is a 100% commission job for people who are focused, organized and motivated. You may have been contacted, even though you're not in sales. Reason? Many of our reps have succeeded without an ounce of prior sales experience. In essence, they don't bring sales "baggage" with them to this opportunity. Truth is, many self-employed and micro companies have no where to turn for affordable benefits; NASE and MEGA offer them something that they can't find elsewhere.
Those of you who have never been in commission sales don't understand the "interview" process; for those of you who have, it makes complete sense. Commission sales is "a numbers game"; the same applies for the company. We bring people on board and offer them an opportunity. A percentage "get it" and succeed; the others fall by the wayside. We spend an incredible amount of resources recruiting and training. The "natural born salesman", with the "gift of gab", never gets off the launch pad; the mousy little housewife sitting quietly in the corner, becomes tomorrow's district manager, and makes $350,000 a year! Go figure...
If you want an opportunity with virtually unlimited potential, give UGA a try. If you want the safety and security of guarantees, keep your J.O.B.

The Rainmaker

Old 07-23-2007, 10:33 PM
Silver Member

My dad is part of UGA. It is legitimate. He is a DM I believe now. When I put my resume on CB I actually received a recruiting letter from him. Thats how the industry is. It has a high turnover rate and basically runs on the policy of throw enough crap against the wall, something will stick. That is, for all the people that dont make it, some will, that is why they have to spam you.

I guarentee you that any and every insurance company has "ripped people off" Mega is no exception. I guarentee that some of it is the faulto f the policy holder for not reading clearly enough, not askign the questions, and some of it is the fault of the sales person, cause I am sure every insurance company has shadey sales people.

As a sales rep, you put in a lot of hours, you are techincally self-employed, so the hours are yours to decide. His district has weekly meetings where they train and get leads and stuff.

So it is not a scam, it is a legit business opportunity that will require a lot of work to be successful, but a lot of people have made a lot of money with UGA, and my dad has won some nice trips, and they do take care of their reps pretty well. I would do it, but I am not willing to put in the time right now. I will stick with my 9-5er...

Old 08-21-2007, 10:36 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Whether or not they are a scam, I do not know. I do know they will not stop sending me e-mail despite my direct requests. They call with an autodialer, without a real person on the end. I feel harassed by them. I believe they are like Aflac, Primerica, Amway, and any number of other companies who are just looking for warm bodies to fill positions that are always open.

Can someone make money? Sure, why not? Tobacco jerks and casino bums make cash too, and they, no doubt, worked hard for it.

I would never work for them. Friends who are job hunting - I tell them to avoid them like a disease.

A scam? No idea. But would I consider them respectable, or any of their employees respectable? No, not me, not personally. I would rather read a Kevin Trudeau book than get caught up with the ilk of UGA.

Want to test them? Update your resumes online by adding a space at the end of a paragraph. Then wait. Sooner or later, the vultures come in looking for carrion.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:37 PM
I am new at Scam.com

And I received this version and call them on the number
no body answered, there is a nice music you can listen.

Sara,

I have reviewed the resume you posted online and thought you might
be interested in a sales position I have available.

Based on your resume and income requirements I think you may be
a viable candidate.

you may have about the position and possibly bring you in for an
interview this week.

Please give my assistant Julie a call at 877-240-6405 to discuss
scheduling.

Sincerely,
Don Heath

Don Heath
UGA
Division Manager
877-240-6405
818-883-0964 fax

Old 12-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Scam-Detective

I'm an ex-rep for MEGA. I disagree with most of the posters here. UGI/MEGA is a scam. I wrote quite a bit about my experience with this compnay as a rep. If you want to read them, do a search on this site under "MEGA Insurance."

This is a company to stay from. (my opinion)

Save Time, Save money, Save the Planet

Old 12-06-2007, 09:57 AM
knightmare3000

Scam,rip Off

I looked at the website and it looks like a sales type outfit. you get paid by commission. however the product that they sell--health insurance for the small business and self employed--looks like a RIP OFF. it probably is two steps away from selling 'snake oil". it may not really cover any health problem or hospitalization. forget it!

if you want health insurance and can not get Blue Cross/Blue Shield or some other policy in a group environment--then try to join a legitimate association ( e.g. an alumni association,a club,a lodge,or an organization like American Society of Anthropologist which offers health insurance to its members. largely these would be "high deductible" policies, but still affordable. they pay for any catastrophe that occurs. Realize that with a $30,000 deductible, even a short hospital stay can cost $30,000. so the policy pays for everything after that. that $30,000 you can pay off with a credit card over time. so it is not that bad. besides the premiums are tax deductible as is the credit card payment for the deductible . so it is affordable for most families. join a group or club that offers this. as I said the anthropology group only requires that you have an "interest" in anthropology. Seriously! This is not a joke or a shaggy dog story! Such "interest" in anthropology can be defined as visiting the local natural history museum with your children once a year. Really! It can be done! Are you listening? By the way, I get my high deductible health coverage by being a member of a national organization. it is affordable and the coverage--after the deductible--is up to $3,000,000 which should buy some type of health care and also has a discount prescription card with 25% off most prescriptions when purchased in bulk ( 90 days supplies,etc)

Old 03-11-2008, 04:04 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I received this email today from UGA and this was my response. Last week, I was contacted by Family Heritage Life and Vemmabuilder.com as well. What is up with these MLMs? They are absolutely ridiculous.

Dear Mr. Smith (if that is really your name):

Thank you very much for your email. You must be a night owl. This email was sent last night at 11:30 pm. You must need to get some recruiting done and get new recruits in the field to generate income for yourself before the end of the month. What reputable company sends emails regarding recruiting at 11:30 pm in the evening? Normal business hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm or 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. You must start work at 3:00 pm or you work 80+ hours per week to make that "six figure salary."

I was wondering if you would be so kind as to enlighten me as to why you/your company would be interested in recruiting a medical transcription/QA/Account Management person with 25+ years experience in management and Human Resources as well as extensive medical background in pathology and laboratory medicine? For example, why did you decide to contact me of all the sales applicants who are looking for positions at this time? Can you shed some light on why you chose my resume from Monster.com (why you/your company feels my skill-set would be of benefit to you/your company and how it would benefit me when I do not have anything remotely listed regarding "sales" on my resume?

Is this a multilevel marketing (MLM) position? (I am almost certain of this as well). Are these employee or independent contractor positions? (contractor positions, I am sure).

I do not believe that selling insurance policies to small business owners has anything to do with my many years experience in the medical transcription/QA/Account Management field. Do you?

I find it a bit strange that I was just contacted by Family Heritage Life last week and I got rid of them with one email asking three questions that they could not/would not answer.

Do you not think in this day and age that people that receive emails from someone from an industry that is completely unrelated to their profession would not be able (or interested) in performing some investigating to determine the background of such a contact? Do you think that we are desperate for such a position that is obviously fictitious. Every email sent out by your company is exactly the same. I can show you at least thirty emails sent to individuals all over the United States who have no sales background whatsoever and the script is exactly word-for-word. Your company obviously has no imagination and is scripted.

Have you visited any of the scammer web sites about your wonderful company? Do you know about the law suits that your company is involved in at this time with its former clients? Do you care? I seriously doubt it.

Just because you have some professional-appearing web sites with obviously carefully selected and biased information does not mean that "something does not smell rotten in the state of Denmark."

You must be desperate for that $275.00 set-up fee.

Please know that a copy of this email and your email is being sent to all the scammer web sites and added to the list of UGACareers.com and UGAOnline.com as well.

Please do not contact me again regarding any positions with your company.

Karen Sorensen

In a message dated 3/10/2008 11:25:28 P.M. Central Daylight Time, msmith@myuga.net writes:
Karen,

I have reviewed your resume and think that you'd be a good fit for a
sales position we have available near Algonquin. Based on your
resume and income requirements I believe you may be a viable candidate.

you may have about the position. I'd like you to come in for an
interview this week at our office.

Please call me tomorrow at 630-748-8440 to discuss setting
up an interview.

Sincerely,
Michael Smith

Michael Smith
Division Manager
2500 S. Highland Ave
Suite 320
Lombard, Illinois 60148