report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Mail Order Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2007, 11:49 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Division Of Currency Claims scam?

My husband got the sh** yesterday. We laughed so hard. We definitely knew it was a scam. It had a P o Box. I know to many people who have gotton one of these letters. Can't nobody send 2,324,000.00 to every in the US and the UK. Ain't nobaody that damn rich. Don't try it poeple. All they want is the 20.00. That is a money maker in itself. I am broke as all out doors, but I am not stupid.

RB

Old 10-24-2007, 07:54 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I received the same letter and i am from pennsylvania. and i dont know anything about it and tried to find something out about it.. so its a scam.:i agree:

Old 10-25-2007, 05:13 PM
I am new at Scam.com

This may help you all! I found this registered under corporations an filings for ficticious names.

This company was registered as a ficticious name in Dade County FLA.
by Power Marketing and Media, INC, 7891 West Flagler Street
Suite 248, Miami, FL 33144 US
Florida Registration Number PO6000053232
FEI Number 20-4691549

Perhaps Power Marketing could be forced to pay out on sending out fake LEGAL DOCUMENTS and for promising the funds of $2 Million per person? Anyone know how to file civil action on this?
:devil:

Old 11-01-2007, 10:57 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I got this same scam in the mail - fortunately it was sent to my old home address and had to be forwarded, so I missed the "deadline" to send the $20.00. This is some information that may be useful in getting whoever is responsible for this scam busted - if you wish to pursue. It seems strange to me that the US Postal Service would allow such an illegitimate "business" to do this. If you sent in your payment- you probably sent it in the prepaid postage envelope. This says that "Postage will be paid by addressee" and gives permit no. 24623. It seems unlikely that the postal service would not have a record of what "business" pays for such postage- and/or recieves mail at P.O. Box 025587 Miami, FL 33102-9706. I would also assume that the postmaster general would investigate - b/c this is mail fraud. Just thought this imformation might be useful. This (as well as other scams) must be stopped, and I wish you the best of luck!

Old 11-23-2007, 08:02 PM
I am new at Scam.com

My husband got this letter today in the mail but i figured it was a scam. Has anyone here took legall action on thisif so let me know please??
Thanks

Old 12-27-2007, 05:24 PM
I am new at Scam.com

The following disclaimer is on the back of the letter:

DIVISION OF CURRENCY CLAIMS [DCC] IS AN INDEPENDENT INFORMATION ORGANIZATION. IT'S MAIN ROLE IS TO INVESTIGATE AND INFORM SUBSCRIBERS ABOUT CASH AWARDS AND PRIZES OFFERED PUBLICLY BY INDEPENDENT SPONSORS. SUCH INFORMATION IS PRESENTED TO SUBSCRIBERS IN A SIMPLE AND EASY TO READ REPORT FOR A FEE. DIFFERENT GRAPHIC REPRESENTATIONAS OF THIS OFFER, INCLUDING AVAILABLE PRIZES AND OPPORUTNITIES MAY BE MADE AT THE DISCRETION OF DCC. DCC DOES NOT HAVE ANY DIRECT CONNECTION OR RELATIONSHIP WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED INDEPENDENT SPONSORS. NOR IT REPRESENTS OR HAS AFFILIATIONS WITH ANY GOVERNMENT AGENCY OR INSTITUTION.

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, ETC., ETC.

By reading the above, I would conclude that for $20 all they are obligated to do is send you a list of sweepstakes and/or agencies in which there may be "unclaimed" money of which you may (or most likely may not) be eligible to receive.

I sincerely hope that there aren't enough "suckers born every minute" to actually fall for this scam.

As others have mentioned, the company has a rating of F by the Florida Better Business Bureau.

I would highly recommend the same action as others have suggested, and send a TAKE ME OFF YOUR MAILING LIST message by using the prepaid postage envelope they provide, which will drive up their expenses and hopefully put them out of this particular scam of a business!