report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2007, 05:00 AM
Newbie Member

Sierra Judgement Recovery

Hey there,
I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on Sierra Judgement Recovery, the website is www.recoverycourse.com (please don't remove link, I've only put it here for reference). If anyone has any experience with this company...were you successful? How long were you involved. I am intrigued in the business and it sounds like something I would be interested in and I know it would be hard work, just looking for others opinion on the matter:)

Bookmark and Share

Old 07-27-2007, 06:15 AM
Newbie Member

Re: Sierra Judgement Recovery

bumpbumpbumpbumpbump

Old 08-11-2007, 03:08 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I too am interested in this business, so I did a little investigating, and here's what I have found so far...
1. They have been in business for over 10 years.
2. They have been members in good standing with the Better Business Bureau since 2005.
3. They have no complaints registered with the BBB, The GA. state officials (where this business is legally located), or the Federal Trade Commission.

That's sthe good news. The thing I've come across that you should be aware of before you go for it is that after you pay the fee for the information, you have more expenses. First of all, you have to send out letters to prospective clients, so there is printing and postage costs there. then there is the court fees to file various forms and things. I don't know about the fees for various other things you would do to actually collect from debtors, like wage garnishments, for instance.

This is all have have so far. If anyone else has anything to add, please feel free.

A final thought... I have looked at a LOT of scam forums, and I can't find even ONE solid complaint against these folks.

Old 08-11-2007, 03:35 AM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

Read through this thread just to get a good idea of what you need to be a success in judgement recovery..

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=29040

Old 11-02-2007, 08:12 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hello, I was wondering the same thing. I was searching to see if anyone new anything about it. I think it is a untapped market.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:05 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Check your state laws for debt collectors. Some states require you to be a licensed debt collector. Check with the attorney general office. For example, Colorado requires you to have an office, where people can pay in person, and you must have a person in charge with a lot of experience.

Last edited by jdpmm : 11-03-2007 at 02:06 PM. Reason: typing error

Old 04-05-2008, 01:34 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I believe this is a legitimate business if one is willing to work at it. I have a couple of aged judgments and have never been contacted by a judgment recovery person. I would have listened to their pitch with great interest. I was ignorant of the process at the time but I have recently learned the procedures.The first time I took a tenant to court due to non-payment of rent I used an attorney just in case there were some unforeseen judicial pitfalls I was unaware of. Well, in all honesty there were not any pitfalls. It took all of two minutes, if that, to get my judgment. Walked out the courtroom the attorney shook my hand and that was it. He did not even take the time to explain to me how I could collect on my judgment. So of what use was that attorney?Another time I went to court for another tenant (this one paid up) one of the cases ahead of mine involved this colorful lady in a wheelchair. When the judge awarded her with a judgment the first thing out of her mouth in her colorful style was "Where's my money?". Everyone in the courtroom laughed and the judge basically told her that she was on her own. Right then and there I put it in the back of my mind that this could be a business opportunity. I did not even realize that there was such a business as judgment recovery but I knew there should have been. Well, fast forward to the last month or so, things have slowed down for me so I decided to look into collecting my judgment from my first case. While doing research I came across courses such as Sierra pitching judgment recovery as a business opportunity. I am a serial entrepreneur so I decided I am going to give this business a shot. I ordered the Sierra course. To me, it is a fine course, overpriced possibly but fine. It will most likely be the easiest business I have ever started capital wise but it will take work to succeed. In reality, I believe there is enough free information out there so you do not need to order a course but in no way do I see Sierra as scam.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:45 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I'm starting the process of seriously investigating and acting on the business of judgment recovery. Sierra is one option I am closely looking at. If anyone has any info on this business please post it and give your forth right opinion.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Newbie Member

I am also interested in this business. I have been checking it out but there are a lot of courses. So if anybody can guide me and let me know if you can make a decent money at doing this.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:06 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I have been researching the judgment recovery business and it sounds solid through and through. It virtually is an untapped market. Sierra Judgment Recovery appears legit and I've narrowed my choices down to them and Dr. Peter Gilboy's course. Both promise that this biz is not a get-rich-overnight deal, instead, it can be a satisfying and profitable career if you put the time and effort(and yes, expenses...as with any new business there are start up costs). I am going to jump in and work this part time with my daughter and see where this goes. Hey, if I'm already working my tail off for my current employer, why not work hard for myself?

Old 03-16-2009, 08:44 AM
I am new at Scam.com

In my brief exposure to the nuts and bolts of this business, it's now evident that 'state specific' instruction is critical for a fast, profitable launch in this industry. As is usual with national training programs ( weather they are real estate, internet marketing...) the local market/government had enough distinctives to render the 'generic' solutions incomplete. This is what our company seek to rectify. While doing the aquisition ourselves, we are offering local franchises for people-with local proceedures included in the package.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:15 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I also am familiar with Sierra Judgement Recovery, and plan to take this on one day when I have the money and time. I think this would go great with my law enforcement training.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:33 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I too am looking very closely at the Sierra Judgment Recovery Training Program. I'm currently reading over in detail, the free Judgment Recovery Start-Up Guide. I have found nothing that alarms me that this is a possible scam. What I believe it is however; is hard work. I am ready to put in the hours for myself and control my own future.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:32 AM
Newbie Member

I looked into the program. the problem is people who owe these judgement go to great lenghts to hide any assets they have so you can spend a lot to try and locate them and not find enough to satisfy the judgement. If you work older judgments where the person who owes thinks no one is looking to collect you may be able to find them and their assets.

Last edited by No_Moron_Here : 05-20-2009 at 04:17 PM.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:39 PM
I am new at Scam.com

My experience with the co. is limited.I purchased the course and am a member with access to their archives and (HELP)forum but did not . I studied but did not follow through. I absolutely do not believe they are a scam of any nature.However,and let me preface this with the fact that I have been successfully self-employed in another industry for 25 yrs.Entirely unrelated but understand what kind of constant dedication is required of any self endeavor.Never the less,the learning process requires more legalize than I like.The course is not REALLY all inclusive in the sense that there is alot of further study in the "legal field of sorts"that you simply have to educate yourself on.Again,not impossible.As Christine states openly,you have to love research.You have to be well versed in your state codes,ethics,civil statutes and do your own law research on contracts and alot of other legally proper verbage or you could be sued by an attorney for not following protocol or practing without a license.It's said that some do not appreciate one in a "new industry"going after money or assets they may feel 'intitled to"Some have been financially devastated from this.Again,you REALLY have to self learn the ropes so to speak but the information IS in their archives.Not always as cognitive as I would have liked.Then there is the most (important?)aspect, of learning the skiptracing field.I would recommend to any one to google skiptracing and check out that info.Then there are start up fees of all sorts as there would be in any business and ongoing fees to access the needed info.to locate debtor and assets.I read one mans "modest "start up business plan and he was looking at APROX.$50.000 . WOW!I never intended this to sound like a neg. review.This was just my experience and perception.Maybe I was naive.My daughter and friend are court reporters and know their way around a court house and attorneys and they looked into it some and were correct in telling me you have to learn P.I.skills and maybe (according to your state requirements get a debt collectors license.Scam? No.there are people succeding in the industry.Hope this was of benefit to someone.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:08 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctn69474 View Post
WOW!I never intended this to sound like a neg. review.This was just my experience and perception.Maybe I was naive.My daughter and friend are court reporters and know their way around a court house and attorneys and they looked into it some and were correct in telling me you have to learn P.I.skills and maybe (according to your state requirements get a debt collectors license.Scam? No.there are people succeding in the industry.Hope this was of benefit to someone.
Yes. I loved this info. I don't think you're negative. I think we all look at the money to be made and get excited. What I've learned is that the money comes from work. And sometimes that work is new or uncomfortable, so it keeps us from wanting to taek the action. it's not the program, its just that we're not comfortable doing it.

i've had that problem before. i've been wanting to make money in real estate, but i'm scared to try or get started, because it's new. I have the books and stuff and been to seminars, but I feel like I need a buddy to lean on.

but that's on me. not on the companies that sold me the books or seminars. good ol' me.

if there's something my Mom taught me from early on, its that I have to take responsibility. In all of my actions and decisions.

Too many people like to play the victim - but not me. I'm not victim. Everything I have, am, and get in life is up to me.

Thanks for the info on this. i've seen their ads for years and have always wondered what it was about but was never motivated enough to send away for info.

Hugs,
Mary

Old 08-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Newbie Member

Well I feel they stole my money, like a few places said they do not tell you everything, you have to basically be a "Collection Agency" in most states cause they will not allow you to do anything and they told me in wisconsin collecting a debt it collecting a debt, any collection activity of any kind has to have a license and it costs alot of money a nd to be bonded and go by the rules..

I told them this and asked for a refund in the time I had alotted and they still never gave it back to me..

Old 09-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Newbie Member

Sierra Judgment Recovery is a good company. The only thing they lack is a phone. I used them when I first started and was satisfied but the one and only thing that made me ask for a refund was the phone. I would call to ask a question and they would never answer. I spoke to a few other people in the business with them and they said the same thing. That is why I started Professional Judgment Recovery Course. The databases sometimes take a little time to gain access so I perform the work for them and show them how when they get the access.

Last edited by Soapboxmom : 09-10-2009 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Please keep self-promotion links and contact information in your signature only. Thank you!