report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Mail Order Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2007, 04:19 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Division Of Currency Claims scam?

Hi all!

Maybe you have received one of these letters by mail.

They say they are the Division of Currency Claims.

Here is what the letter says:

Data survey of promotional funds offered to consumers by unaffiliated third parties, DCC has identified an aggregated over $2 million in non-disbursed funds that are currently pending payment. and they say I have been cleared eligible recipient of these funds.

They are asking me to send them back the info they already know about me,

name/address with signature with me agreeing that all info is correct.
Along with the letter they ask for a $20.00 dollar check or money order for processing fees.

They said to be located in Miami Florida. But they only show a PO Box number.
They don't include any other contact information such as a phone number or a website.

I have been searching the web but I have not been able to find anything that indicates they are a Scam.

So I would like to know what is your take on this one.

Thank you all

Carmine T.

Old 05-26-2007, 04:22 AM
Diamond Member

Re: Division Of Currency Claims scam?

Advanced fee scam.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:33 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi I got the same letter today ,did you ever find out what it was all about? do you live in the uk as I do. ta

Old 07-03-2007, 03:35 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi I got the same leter today, did you ever find ou what it was all about? I live in the uk, do you? ta

Old 07-27-2007, 06:13 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I got that same letter in the mail but i dont know if its a fake or what but i would like to know. cuz somebody like me could use the money.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:13 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I got same letter wanting information they already knew and wanted a check for 20 dollars. I could really use the money. Is this a scam?

Old 07-30-2007, 09:52 AM
The Truth Be Told

Yes it is a scam. Isn't it obvious?

There is no Division of Currency Claims and there is no money waiting for you. There is someone waiting for you to send them $20 and in return about all you can expect is to get put on a list of suckers and hit up by other scam artists.

Old 07-30-2007, 10:29 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hello,
I'm CDJ, and I got the letter from DCC also and I was hoping to find validity in it but through you great people I have come to the conclusion that it was just another atempt to fool another hard working person out of their hard earned cash! :mad:

In the famous words of the late Johnny Cash-"...sooner or later, GOD's gonna cut you down..."
Keep your head up people, The only way out is through! :cool:

Check out this link -> CashDollarJack

Old 07-31-2007, 06:03 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Join the club....

I received the same letter indicating a claim sum of $2,342,000.00 with a $20 processing fee. They must have received a lot of money on this type of scam because their documents look ORIGINAL. They do not however specify any contact phone numbers or email addresses like most businesses do nowadays. I've received several letters from different scammers but the funny thing is, I always receive it at least 2 days before their final due date.....is this bad or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarmineT
Hi all!

Maybe you have received one of these letters by mail.

They say they are the Division of Currency Claims.

Here is what the letter says:

Data survey of promotional funds offered to consumers by unaffiliated third parties, DCC has identified an aggregated over $2 million in non-disbursed funds that are currently pending payment. and they say I have been cleared eligible recipient of these funds.

They are asking me to send them back the info they already know about me,

name/address with signature with me agreeing that all info is correct.
Along with the letter they ask for a $20.00 dollar check or money order for processing fees.

They said to be located in Miami Florida. But they only show a PO Box number.
They don't include any other contact information such as a phone number or a website.

I have been searching the web but I have not been able to find anything that indicates they are a Scam.

So I would like to know what is your take on this one.

Thank you all

Carmine T.

Old 08-16-2007, 05:26 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I got the same letter. If you reply, not only do they get all your personal info, like date of birth, age, place of birth and your address, if you pay with a personal check they now have your checking account number. DO NOT REPLY it's a SCAM. :mad:

Old 08-16-2007, 08:42 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I just received the exact same letter today. I would LOVE to find out that its real, however, I do have my doubts. Did you send the $20? Have you heard anything else about it?

Old 08-17-2007, 04:18 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I just received the same letter stating I would receive a check for $2,342,000 if I sent them $20; now why would I do that. I may need some cash but let's get real. Send me the check first, let me deposit then after it clears the bank, then I'll think about sending them the $20 :rolleyes:

Old 08-21-2007, 11:40 PM
I am new at Scam.com

i just recieved my 3rd, letter..but this one says final notice ..I'm so scared :mad: , who would give out htat kind of money , for nothing..couls you imagine if we all sent the 20 dollars, how much they can make.... :rolleyes:

Old 08-23-2007, 01:25 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi,

Brand-new here, but just wanted to say that yes, this is a scam! (Altho I have to give them a certain amount of credit for looking legit!) But on the other hand, they screwed up, because they provided a BRM (Business Reply Mail) envelope, so I went ahead and sent in the form as is -- WITHOUT the $20! So hopefully they will learn the lesson that we're not going to be duped, once they start paying for all the postage that they're mounting up! (Besides, if it REALLY cost $20 to obtain the $2.4 Mill, wouldn't they offer to simply DEDUCT that from the total? Kinda like paying taxes on it, eh? ;) )

Mark H.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:11 AM
I am new at Scam.com

We got the letter, too. I think this website listing legitimate and fictitious businesses in Florida says it all (can you guess which category DCC is in? Hint--click on the pulldown selection for fictitious organizations and start your search): http://www.sunbiz.org/

Last edited by Brian Yates : 08-23-2007 at 08:14 AM.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:21 PM
I am new at Scam.com

this is and information letter telling you were you can join sweepstakes the letter is a scam

Old 08-24-2007, 03:08 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I got the same email also! itīs a scam, do not answer it! :mad:

Old 08-24-2007, 10:10 AM
I am new at Scam.com

We recieved this same peice of mail :mad: ... thank God I looked on here for info!!
Thanks!! :D