report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Mail Order Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2007, 02:30 AM
I am new at Scam.com

transforming debt into wealth

Has anyone had experience with a program advertised on the radio. It is called "turning debt into wealth"; I think the sponsor's name is John Canuda (or maybe Tanuda). It says that you can pay off your mortgage in just a few years.

Bookmark and Share

Old 06-13-2007, 04:59 AM
Diamond Member

Re: transforming debt into wealth

I believe you looking for this book

http://www.amazon.com/Turn-Your-Debt.../dp/0743525191

Old 06-13-2007, 06:33 AM
Lady Moderator- Just call me Your Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeo gweedo
Has anyone had experience with a program advertised on the radio. It is called "turning debt into wealth"; I think the sponsor's name is John Canuda (or maybe Tanuda). It says that you can pay off your mortgage in just a few years.
Yes and it works. You have to follow the formula in the program. Real easy.
Cummuta is the guys name. You can take it as far as you want to take it. I paid off two cars and several credit cards with this method. I'm down to one credit card and the mortgage, which is on hold at the moment. It actually benefits me more at the moment to have the mortgage than not to. LOL.

Lady Mod

When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to
seek it elsewhere.
---= Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Old 07-24-2007, 07:15 AM
Newbie Member

My Logic teacher once told us to never pay off your mortgage early because of the tax breaks you can get. I think if you have the money to pay it off you should put the money in a money market account and let them take the mortgage directly out of there.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:24 PM
I am new at Scam.com

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!
DO NOT order their FREE cd that you hear about on the radio. They'll send you a whole box of the Transforming Debt into Wealth system. Then you only have 30 days to return or else they will charge you $500. I did not even open the product because I have not had time. I made an attempt to return the product after the "trial" period and they refuse to take it back. Their customer service associates are rude and not at all helpful. Now I'm stuck paying for a product that I do not want. I feel they should accept my return simply because I have not even opened the product. I say they are a scam and are not to be trusted.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:58 PM
I am new at Scam.com

OMG this is one bad experience! Driving home from work I did something I should have not done before doing some research. I responded to the ad on radio, The lady who answered was very polite and said that all they needed was $4.50 to cover the "Preview Package" to cover shipping and handling. Not really thinking this was bad I gave her my credit card number. We had to leave the next week due to a mandatory evacuation of our gulf coast area due to the landfall Hurricane Ike was on his way. We were about 300 miles away and a person from a recovery team who came by our house after the storm said we had servere flooding in our are. We found out we we returned there was 3 feet of standing water in our house. UPS had delivered the package from this company the same day we were leaving. We returned we did found the unopened package and I could make out the address. I contacted customer service from a relatives house and explained the situation. They gave me a RMA to return the box. I explained that the box was soaked and it would be very difficult to ship. They told me I must send it back. I packed the box inside a garbage bag and sealed it. The put that into a new box and had my wife's Uncle bring it to the Post Office to ship. I cost over $25.00 to ship becasue of the added weight of the wet unopened box. It was sent USPS priority mail. I was working 12hrs a day 7days a week since my work place was also flooded and I was needed there. We did call to confirm they received the package and they informed me that they did. All was forgotten until 90days later I noticed a charge on my cc for $79.00 to this media company. I called the number and it was the transferring debt into wealth coustomer service. I explained all that had transpired. They were very rude and insisted now that I must prove that I returned the box and that they ever gave me a RMA. I explained again that they had been contacted but they just hung up the phone. We searched and searched but never found the Post Office reciept that my wife's Uncle got when it was shipped. We did find the RMA number and I called customer service and again they were very rude and said they have no way to trace the RMA number. Also she informed me that they are to hang up on my if I contact them. We went to the Post Office and they do not after 60 days have a way to track the RMA or Pirority mail. My wife and Uncle called customer service and explained the whole situation again and they were very rude to my wife and her Uncle and hung up on they saying they would get the balance of the $500.00 that they never told me beforfe they were going charge for the box they sent me! So the result so far is the $4.50 for shipping the preview package they advertised, $25.00 to return it and the $79.00 they charged my credit card 90 days after the first contact. With no other options I cancelled the CC I used with them. They have within days sent me a letter they would turn the balance over to collection agency.
The long story should be passed on to anyone who may be interested in the preview package. I will never know if the product is any good, but I will never order from a Radio ad again without full investigation first. I hope someone will benefit from the horrible experience and from the tone and rudness of their customer support this was not their first rodeo with upset people and the hang up policy they use is a first for me. Please beware of the scam they are using!
R

Old 02-08-2009, 11:25 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I noticed your post is fairly recent. You may have a chance to stop this without cost to you. What you need to do is WRITE the credit card company that this charge was placed on and detail what has happened. Tell them the RMA # the phone numbers and names of any of the people you talked to at transforming debt to wealth. This is the key though, you must tell your credit card company that you are disputing these charges and are entitled to a credit applied to your card in the amounts this company has charged you. 4.95, 79.00, 500.00 etc. Plus if you put the charge to send the package back to them (the 25.00) on that same card you can ask for it back as well. Tell them why you are entitled to full refund. Because you sent back their package unopened using their RMA # and according to their instructions and within the required time. If you were late sending the package back because of the hurricane, this will be taken into account. If your home was flooded and you were working in a disaster area, that company has no leg to stand on. Remember though, this must be written down and sent to the credit card company. When you open a disputed charge investigation, the credit card company will usually handle everything from there. They will send you letters about what is happening with their investigation and also more importantly, the credit card company will credit your account until the issue is resolved. If the credit card company finds after the investigation that you are in the right they leave the credit to you and disallow any charges from that company on your card. That company might try to still submit a charge, but if they do just call and write the card company and tell them what has happened. Also watch your credit report and check to see if this company places something in there about this. If they do then you will need to write the credit reporting agencies (all three of them) and dispute the item and give them the info to your credit card company so they can verify it. The card company will again open an investigation and credit your account and in the end the card company will probably take some legal action against the bad company. It is a pain in the rear but in the end you should not have to pay for something you did not even open and sent back. Persevere against scammers and stick it to them. They will end up having to deal with a bunch of paper work too and time spent on this.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Gold Member

What if I never gave my credit card information, just asked them to send the free CD? Will they send the whole packet?

Last edited by KishmeernTuches : 12-20-2009 at 03:37 PM.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:12 AM
I am new at Scam.com

This scam is owned by Robert Allen Media, the "Nothing Down" real estate guy. If you looked up RobertAllenMedia.com on the BBB website, he got a score of "F" for using the same scam tactics you see complaints for here.

Old 09-07-2010, 02:49 PM
I am new at Scam.com

DO NOT order their FREE cd that you hear about on the radio. They'll send you a whole box of the Transforming Debt into Wealth system. Then you only have 30 days to return or else they will charge you $500. I did not even open the box because we were in the process of moving. I made an attempt to return the product after the "trial" period and they refuse to take it back, neither the box or any content was opened. Their customer service associates was rude and repeated was "how do you expect us to make any money." They have "coaches" that call you and represent "THIS COMPANY" they don't, I asked about the status of my account and each time I was reassured there would be no problem, I should take my time, the trail period doesn't start until "You activate you account".All BS I'm transforming my debt into their wealth. THIS IS A JOKE.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:58 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramlaw View Post
DO NOT order their FREE cd that you hear about on the radio. They'll send you a whole box of the Transforming Debt into Wealth system. Then you only have 30 days to return or else they will charge you $500. I did not even open the product because I have not had time. I made an attempt to return the product after the "trial" period and they refuse to take it back. Their customer service associates are rude and not at all helpful. Now I'm stuck paying for a product that I do not want. I feel they should accept my return simply because I have not even opened the product. I say they are a scam and are not to be trusted.
Go to the homepage of the Federal Trade Commission www.ftc.gov and find the section about filing a complaint. The FTC goes after many scammers.If the guy is a scammer, maybe the FTC can get him. Type "Consumer complaints" into Google and you can find other places to file complaints.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:35 AM
I am new at Scam.com

If this is a Robert Allen program you should beware. This is not a trustable company. They will scam you today, tommorow, and if they can, they will scam you years from now. Want proof, here's my story.
I bought the no money down realestate system. When I did I asked many questions about the program, including if they had anything to offer those with experience in realestate sales. I was told they did. The program started as if I were a novice. I explained that I was not, but was told everone starts at the same level. This included going to the registar of deeds office, ect. All things any realtor would be very familiar with, which I am. I reviewed the proposed program and it would be months of this BS. All the time being charged monthly for the "tutoring".
I complained. I complained more. I was told that they are not pscychic, how could they know what I did and didn't know. Simple, I told them what I knew. I was treated rudely. I complained further up the chain, and was dismissed until I told them that all my conversations were recorded, including the original conversation where I was told they could accomadate an experience realtor, and of course the insulting and rude treatment I recieve from their reps. I recieved a full refund. Five years later they contacted me by mail claiming I owed them several thousand dollars, much more then I had pruchaced the program for. I explained that I had been given a refund and total cancelation of the program. They claimed to have no record of this. I would have to pay them. I sent them their cancelation agreement, along with a statement declaring that I had all conversations on tape as well as all email and mail contact. They did not respond, and have not contacted me again. Obviously they were hoping that I had not saved the cancelation agreemant, so that they could screw me. This is preditory behavior, they don't care who they hurt, they only want the money, by any means possible. So the lesson is this. Save all contact information, emails, etc. for anything that you deside to take part in. Then save it forever. Also never trust Robert Allen or anything he is invloved in.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:42 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I talked to them yesterday and the lady lied straight up and said there would be no further action after the 4.95 shipping and that it was up to me if I wanted to buy program later. I had no CC with me to order so I called back today and this guy told me the truth. 30 day trial then auto bill. He said they had a A+ rating with BBB.

Thanks for the info everyone, I am saving my 4.95. I too, now believe its a scam.

Lets talk about the BBB. Thats the real scam. Someone here said that the program was owned by Robert Allen Media. That may also be true but the BBB says "New world media".

Either way get this, robert allen media has an F rating with 22 complaints and only 1 unresolved.

New World Media, transferring debt..., has an A+ rating with 288 compliants, 250 resolved and 38 "administratively closed" which means "The BBB determined that the complaint could not be satisfactorily settled using standard methods of voluntary dispute resolution".

Hows that for "unbiased". In my opinion, the BBB is, and always has been, one of the biggest scams in the country. I am no expert but they have always seemed like an advertising agency and it obviously seems that they can be bought.

Please understand that I am not supporting any of these companies because I think all 3 are scams.

I say put your faith in blogs and real people that are willing to take the time to tell their story for free. Gotta love the internet!

Check it out for yourself.

http://www.bbb.org/us/Find-Business-Reviews/

Old 01-28-2011, 10:43 AM
419 Scambaiter

Owned by John Cummuta.

I find it hard that folks don't use common knowledge when it comes to this kind of stuff

Quote:

CUMMUTA, JOHN e69y62tb3jy@networksolutionsprivateregistration.co m
Content and Design, Inc.
ATTN JOHNCUMMUTA.COM
care of Network Solutions
PO Box 459
Drums, PA 18222
US
570-708-8780
You can send me $500 instead

1: Stop all buying on credit ... use cash
2: Figure out wasteful spending, and stop it.
3: Pay off small debts with any extra money you have, DO NOT CONSOLIDATE LOANS!
4: Use money from paid off smaller debts, and apply them to larger debts, do not pocket the savings yet.
5: Apply all the money from paid off small and medium debts, to larger ones
6: Throw a party after your debt free, and never use debt to pay for anything again!

I have bought my house, and all cars with CASH, and I am not rich. It's called a savings account.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:47 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Its an excellent program. It is right, will cost money! It is more than $ 500, no, but there is no fee. youd like to piece together such a program, if you can read a book. By Dave Ramsey, Total Money makeup. Is the same way. Loosen the two methods to select the debt.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:55 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cds27 View Post
OMG this is one bad experience! Driving home from work I did something I should have not done before doing some research. I responded to the ad on radio, The lady who answered was very polite and said that all they needed was $4.50 to cover the "Preview Package" to cover shipping and handling. Not really thinking this was bad I gave her my credit card number. We had to leave the next week due to a mandatory evacuation of our gulf coast area due to the landfall Hurricane Ike was on his way. We were about 300 miles away and a person from a recovery team who came by our house after the storm said we had servere flooding in our are. We found out we we returned there was 3 feet of standing water in our house. UPS had delivered the package from this company the same day we were leaving. We returned we did found the unopened package and I could make out the address. I contacted customer service from a relatives house and explained the situation. They gave me a RMA to return the box. I explained that the box was soaked and it would be very difficult to ship. They told me I must send it back. I packed the box inside a garbage bag and sealed it. The put that into a new box and had my wife's Uncle bring it to the Post Office to ship. I cost over $25.00 to ship becasue of the added weight of the wet unopened box. It was sent USPS priority mail. I was working 12hrs a day 7days a week since my work place was also flooded and I was needed there. We did call to confirm they received the package and they informed me that they did. All was forgotten until 90days later I noticed a charge on my cc for $79.00 to this media company. I called the number and it was the transferring debt into wealth coustomer service. I explained all that had transpired. They were very rude and insisted now that I must prove that I returned the box and that they ever gave me a RMA. I explained again that they had been contacted but they just hung up the phone. We searched and searched but never found the Post Office reciept that my wife's Uncle got when it was shipped. We did find the RMA number and I called customer service and again they were very rude and said they have no way to trace the RMA number. Also she informed me that they are to hang up on my if I contact them. We went to the Post Office and they do not after 60 days have a way to track the RMA or Pirority mail. My wife and Uncle called customer service and explained the whole situation again and they were very rude to my wife and her Uncle and hung up on they saying they would get the balance of the $500.00 that they never told me beforfe they were going charge for the box they sent me! So the result so far is the $4.50 for shipping the preview package they advertised, $25.00 to return it and the $79.00 they charged my credit card 90 days after the first contact. With no other options I cancelled the CC I used with them. They have within days sent me a letter they would turn the balance over to collection agency.
The long story should be passed on to anyone who may be interested in the preview package. I will never know if the product is any good, but I will never order from a Radio ad again without full investigation first. I hope someone will benefit from the horrible experience and from the tone and rudness of their customer support this was not their first rodeo with upset people and the hang up policy they use is a first for me. Please beware of the scam they are using!
R
THANKS!!! I was on the phone with Transform My Debt Into their Wealth when I scanned the entries on this page, including yours. When she asked if I was ready to take advantage of the 30 "free" trial, I said "no I'm not going to do that" and hung up on her as she was talking. THANK YOU FOR POSTING YOUR EXPERIENCE. I have been burned before by scammers of this sort, and your post helped me avoid it again.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:15 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: transforming debt into wealth - Force Sales

John Commuta is big scam
1. They say they are affiliated ti BBB, they are not, external agency call nightegale who is selling there CD is associated with BBB
2. They tell you free CD they send you whole package
3. If you forget to return within 30days pay $400 by force. No Way out.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:04 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramlaw View Post

I have also been scammed by this and tried to talk to a rep on the phone and she was completely rude and then hung up on me. I only ordered a free DVD and they sent a big box. Yes my fault for not shipping back right away but come on, I didn't even ask for all the package but that is how they get you. these companies should be banned for doing this to people.