report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2007, 07:16 AM
Newbie Member

I Need Help Now!

I got an email from a michael pedro form nigeria. ( I know it sounds like a scam already but listen) asking me to work for him, blah blah i humor him. Anyways he says he has a textile company in the us and needs someone to accept payment from his customers for him, KEEP 10% for myself, and send the rest to him iva western union. I knew this was a scam bc of the way it all sounded but i play along anyways.
I get an envelope from fedex today with $ 3000 in travelers checks ( legit, the holograph and everything is real)
I know this all sounds too good to be true, but if the funds are available and all i send him the money, could ther possibly be anything i am doing that is illegal?

I just dont want to be tied in in some huge drug deal as the middle man or something and be going to prison for 30 years for a measly 300 dollars proffit.

PLEASE HELP ME

Old 02-23-2007, 07:34 AM
Queen of Smut

Re: I Need Help Now!

Christ, go with your gut. Your next door neighbor tells you he got $3000 in the mail from a stranger in Nigeria, a nation with an unbelieveably corrupt government, and cashed them in...would you think he's a shrewd businessman or someone who's just walked into a hornet's nest?

Old 02-23-2007, 07:56 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapper
Christ, go with your gut. Your next door neighbor tells you he got $3000 in the mail from a stranger in Nigeria, a nation with an unbelieveably corrupt government, and cashed them in...would you think he's a shrewd businessman or someone who's just walked into a hornet's nest?
Sorry man, I was just asking a question,
It's a different story when You're looking at VERY VERY legit looking travelers checks.

Old 02-23-2007, 07:58 AM
Silver Member

If you cash that check you could be in a lot of trouble.

If you read the posts here you'll find many of these emails. The check appear to be legit, but it's fake. This scam has been around for a while.

Old 02-23-2007, 08:00 AM
Newbie Member

You all think it would be okay to go to the bank, explain it to them, have them see if there fake or not?

Old 02-23-2007, 08:03 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjingles8705
You all think it would be okay to go to the bank, explain it to them, have them see if there fake or not?
They are fake. Give them to cops yourself or ask bank manager to do it for you.

Old 02-23-2007, 08:06 AM

my uncle got messed up with some people with that crap. we had phone numbers ip addys ect...even finger prints....them people are smooth...they will tell you ANYTHING even have "false" relationships with you to get you to do their scams for them. the lady who got him messed up with it was going to come over and "marry" him becuase she was sooooo "in love" with him. he fell for the jazz...when he got the crap in the mail he was seeing scam written all over it and i told him to turn it in....then these people had the NERVE to call and threaten us if he didnt give them their money....i told the lady bring it on because i could care less what you are going to do to me...if your bad enough to come over and do something then enjoy prision bEEEEOtch...she never bugged me again...she did him a couple more times. we both changed our names on yim and our email addys becuase of the bs but eh....live and learn. if you want to check it out then tell them sure...give them an addy you can have someone sign for it like the ups store or something....then take it to the postoffice...believe me when i say DO NOT OPEN IT. they can get more info from an unopend package then an opened....they cannot do anything to you if you DO NOT cash them. if you do then you will get it for fraud and they get their money. hope this helps.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:16 AM
MaxX

Dude, wake up! 100% of those Nigeria crap is nothing but scams. Those guys are running of ideas how to scam you.
What ever you got there is fake, don't try to cash it, you'll dig your self a nice 6ft hole. Go to http://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm you'll find tons of scams like yours.

Old 02-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjingles8705

There is absolutely no harm in taking them to the bank and telling them the story and see if they can verify the authenticity of the checks. My guess is they will be fake. I would verify the authenticity before doing anything else. The only real risk is looking like a fool.

In Progress
Frigidaire Front Load Washer & Dryer
Began 1-21, Received 3-10

Old 02-24-2007, 07:38 AM
Newbie Member

The traveler's checks are fake !!!...Why would anyone send a stranger 3000$ of anything?

Your dealing with pros here..

Go to scam.com and do some reading..

RS

Old 02-24-2007, 07:49 AM
Silver Member

rule # 1: Nigeria=scam unless proven the contrary.

Old 03-24-2007, 05:22 AM
Newbie Member

what ruuuuuuuunnnnnn for the hilllllllls,

sounds like a dead fish has jumped out of the water.....

www.giftmonkey.com/?r=7920

www.psps4free.com/default.aspx?r=753763

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Old 04-27-2007, 08:46 AM
Gold Member

Very VERY fake!!!!!!!!!