report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Religious Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2006, 05:15 PM
Diamond Member

Re: Is Jehovah Jesus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23
Now, can anyone actually prove me wrong WITHOUT using the bible. No use of the bible because Jehovah is a Hebrew word and techincally speaking is not a biblical term - therefore the bible is not capable of proving that Jehovah is Jesus. EveryKnee and I keep going back and forth about it and I figure it needs a thread of it's own. NOW any proof supporting Jesus is Jehovah must have a reference to where the idea came from. (So you can't say Jesus is Jehovah because I think so or I was told so. You need to provide me with some sort of proof that can be supported by articles or printings done on the subject.) If you prove me wrong, I will step down and admit I was wrong. However nothing I have read on the subject as of yet has shown me that Jesus = Jehovah.
This question is one of the reasons that I converted to Islam. Because there is NO proof that Jesus is God/Jehovah/Y-H-W-H/ or a deity all.

In Christianty the circular reasoning goes on and on. But in Islam the answer is a definate NO.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:58 PM

Lisan23,
You are absolutely right! there is not a single reference in the Bible that shows Jesus is equal to Jehovah. As Lexx mentioned, Jehovah God gave power to Jesus to rule as king over us. Jesus has fulfilled the prophecies concerning the Messiah of the Hebrew Scriptures. But this in no way means that he IS Jehovah. If you would like proof outside of the Bible (thought I feel this is unneccessary...as the Bible is the final authority on the matter) try doing research as to the origin of the Trinity doctrine. A simple google search will reveal the answers you are looking for. It wasn't believed that Jehovah is Jesus until (somewhere) around the 3rd century. There is also proof in the earliest translation we have that also has grammar similar to ours, as this translation discredits a key verse many use to proove Jesus is Jehovah (and this translation was done at a time when the greek of the Bible was still around. so you can get a fuller understanding of how Christ was viewed at that time...check out: copticjohn.com)
Another interesting point is that the doctrine of the Trinity doesn't say that Jesus is Jehovah. It tells us that Jesus, along with the Holy Spirit, and Jehovah all three together make Jehovah. Basically, if one goes Jehovah isn't a full deity anymore. The doctrine explains that Jesus + Holy Spirit + Jehovah = God. This is nowhere stated in the Scriptures and it also doesn't make any sense.

Old 12-31-2006, 09:27 AM
Most Valued Platinum Member

the ancient cosmology says this.first and only is 1 absolute, unknowable!?2nd is 3,the first world creation existance!?3rd is 6,the next creation existance by will of the 1/3!?next is 12,24,48,96!?all by mechanical default!?(fallout)!?hehe!!only in world 6 is the will of the absolute felt.or only god is known about or acknowledged in world 6!?we live by default(the fall!?)in world 48!?the moon is world 96!?the sun is world 24.all suns are world 12.hehe!!.....just askin.....fer some sunshine!?....