report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Corporate Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Newbie Member

Re: smc

It's a real company, its been around for years. You can make real good money with them. It's a catalog company where you sell the products any way you want to. You collect the money and then send them theirs.You make about 2/3 of the profits. The kit cost a little bit like 300 dollars or so but they give you a mentor to help you. I have done this before and made good money.But you keep your money up front...no paychecks.And you can make payments for the kit.

Old 10-26-2006, 05:04 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: smc

It is a real company and just like anything else out there that is sales based, it is all about how well you sell yourself. I have assisted my father for a bit making side cash using SMC and it is a great business. The middle man is not as much a worry if you are able to sell. They rely on numbers and not customer satisfaction for their $$ and that is your benefit. what you may want to do before giving it a go is to head out to the local flee market/ swap meet to see if there is a lot of merchandise from their infomercial or website. If there is then the market in your area may be saturated by SMC dealers.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:51 PM
latenate

anyone have any dealings with smc corp?

anyone know anything about the smc corporation and how well it works out? wether or not its a rip off?

Last edited by nathaniel jones : 11-03-2006 at 10:05 PM. Reason: changing title

Old 11-04-2006, 02:28 AM
Newbie Member

Re: smc corp

its a rippppppppppppppppp offffffffffffffffff

Old 11-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Newbie Member

Re: SMC.... Yeah or Ney?

Has anyone heard anything about Profit Masters?

Old 11-10-2006, 06:49 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I am now a member of Smc and have my own business. It is a reputable company. It is just like anything else in life, it takes hard work to succeed at this. You can't just lay back and expect the money to pour in. They do offer excellent advice as to how to start your business, complete with step by step instructions.

Old 11-15-2006, 06:22 PM
latenate

mind letting me know how well it turns out for you in say next three weeks? ill check back by then se ehow things go

Old 11-28-2006, 04:36 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: SMC-Special Merchandise Corporation....Anyone Know?

I wrote the following to SMC and eMerchatClub two weeks ago and have yet to hear back from anyone. Note, I have been a member since 1999 and have never had a problem untill trying to get an issue resolved with Technical Support on my Deluxe Webstore at [link removed]

------------

RE: Two issues
1. The way I was treated by Marvin, Technical Support Representative.
2. Security

I recently purchased the eMerchantClub Super Deluxe Site. In configuring my site, there is a feature under Site Manager> Support> SMC Membership that I want to utilize. To do so it is required that I enter sensitive information such as name, address and credit card information. A screen shot is attached.

The connection is not secure as the URL goes over an http socket rather than a secure https socket. Therefore I contacted Technical Support and was connected to Marvin. Marvin refused to give me his last name. I explained the situation to him. He stated that the site is secure, that it requires me to log in with a used ID and password. I agreed that the directory, and in fact the server was secure. The point I was trying to relay was that the connection was not secure and that the data transmitted from my end, until it gets to the server, is not secure and could be intercepted by prying eyes. Marvin stated that no, its secure that I was logged into their server which required an ID and password and any data was entered onto the server on the fly, nothing was being transmitted from my end.

I also own Blackstone Media Network, Inc. / [link removed] Blackstone Hosting has been a trusted name in web hosting since 1996. We are experts in managed shared web hosting, web site design and web marketing. We have nearly 27,000 hosted customers. The point is, I know what Im talking about.

HTTP and HTTPS - What is the difference?
The important thing is the letter S which makes the difference between HTTP and HTTPS. The S (big surprise) stands for "Secure".

If you visit a website or webpage, and look at the address in the web browser, it will likely begin with the following: http://. This means that the website is talking to your browser using the regular 'unsecure' language (clear text). In other words, it is possible for someone to "eavesdrop" on your computer's conversation with the website. If you fill out a form on the website, someone might see the information you send to that site.

This is why you never ever ever enter your credit card number in an http website!

But if the web address begins with https://, that basically means your computer is talking to the website in a secure code that no one can eavesdrop on.

You understand why this is so important, right? If a website ever asks you to enter your credit card information, you should automatically look to see if the web address begins with https://. If it doesn't, DO NOT enter sensitive information like a credit card number!

Marvin began to get huffy with me so I asked to speak to a supervisor.
Marvin said, point blank No. Dumbfounded, I replied excuse me? No! I said, I want to speak to a supervisor, now. Again, Marvin replied, No. Ive already answered your question. Again I asked to speak to a supervisor. Marvin asked, Why? I told him. He again said, No. Ive already answered your question and thats the end of this subject.

Oh boy, you talk about being hot! I called SMC Customer Support, eMerchantClub Sales, and spoke to Support. Then I tried calling a couple other departments, even asked for Kerry Cox. Trying to get a supervisors name or someone in charge of Technical Support . Everyone I spoke to had no idea who was who from one department to the other. Refused to give a last name and refused to give the name of their supervisor. Jesus, are you guys a division of the CIA? Everyone kept referring me back to Technical Support.

Finally after a couple hours of calling around and being put on hold each time for up to 40 minutes! - I called Technical Support again. This time I spoke to Ray, again, no last name. I asked to speak to a supervisor right off the bat. Ray refused to forward me unless I gave my member number and explained in detail why I was calling. After going through it all again Ray put me on hold for a while. Finally he returned and told me there were no supervisors in to take my call and that I would have to try back. We went back and forth a bit and I finally got out of Ray that there were supervisors in but were not available to take my call. I asked to hold. I asked to leave a message. Ray finally did give me a supervisors name:
Alfredo. And a fax number.

I dont trust that my fax would get to the proper authorities, therefore Ive researched and gathered a few email addresses, fax numbers and mailing addresses. And Ill be making calls to gather more fax numbers and addresses.
Ill refrain form contacting the Better Business Bureau and a couple other sources available to me, temporarily. However, this letter will go out repeatedly until I get a reply. A written apology from Marvin for damn sure, an explanation of why everyone is soo secretive, why the left hand has no idea of who the right hand is and vice versa. I never heard of anything so ridiculous. And I want a resolution to the security issue presented herein.

Do not hesitate to call. 502.387.....

-------------

My next step is contacting the BBB. That probably won't accompolish anything either.

Every member of SMC who has had trouble needs to ban together. I'm half tempted to put together a web site for SMC members to congrate. An association of sorts. Perhaps together we can get SMC and eMerchantClub to provide better customer service if nothing else.

Anyone interrested? Email me. [link removed]

Last edited by No_Moron_Here : 07-21-2009 at 03:02 PM. Reason: remove links

Old 12-29-2006, 11:36 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I took the catalog into work(I'm a teaching assistant) and got several orders for Christmas.I made double what I spent even after shipping! Everything came packaged with EXTREME care and arrived about a week after I ordered. I do all my ordering online. I am very pleased with the results. I am sure if I took the time to put even more effort into this it could be very successful. I mean the little work I'm doing with it has had wonderful results. Items sell themselves. I have not spent a lot of money buying extra to show. I did buy some Christmas presents for my family dirt cheap! The mark up from what you actually pay is unbelievable!! The nice part is you can decide how much of a mark up you want. They give you a book with the suggested price but you don't have to use it. It's totally up to you. Hope this helped.

Old 01-01-2007, 12:51 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I'm very familiar with SMC. I've made over $4000.00 PROFIT this year... just selling to family, friends and mostly co-workers. They are a VERY legit company that has been in business for well over 20 years. Their products are good quality at a very reasonable price.

Friends or Family come by the house, look at my catalogs and tell me what they want. I keep 3 or 4 Catalogs at work. Co-workers look at them, write down what they want and I do an order online about every 2 weeks [depending on sales]. 10-12 days later, my order arives on my front porch, I check it, load it in my van, deliver the merchandise and collect my money. I spend an average of around 10 hrs every 2 weeks or so. What could be easier than that. I make an extra $300 plus per month with little effort, doing something I enjoy.

I could make more money, but I give anywhere from 10% to 30% discounts to my regular customers. I will be retiring in a couple of years and I plan on expanding my business. I'm building a good customer base now, that will serve me well, at that time.

They are very good at standing behind their merchandise. They allow me up to 45 days to return unwanted or damaged merchandise [which rarely happens] and are very prompt at replacement or credit for returns.

If you are interested in sales... check them out. People who contend that they are a rip-off... either aren't putting any effort into selling their products are just don't have what it takes to be a salesperson, because SMC is one of the MOST legitimate Mail Order Companies around.

Thank you for letting me put my 2cents worth in.. and have a wonderful New Year.

LadyRose
Gemini500@peoplepc.com

Old 01-01-2007, 03:13 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I couldn't agree more!! Have a Happy New Year Y'All!!

Old 01-24-2007, 04:37 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Heard of SMC. Corp.

Has anybody heard of SMC. Corp.(Specialty Merchandise
Corp.) They have an Infocommerical on TV late at night.
Has anybody had dealings with this company. :confused:

Old 01-24-2007, 04:46 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Heard of SMC. Corp.

stay away, not many people do good in it

Old 01-24-2007, 08:22 AM
Silver Member

I requested info out of curiosity and you have to pay a monthly fee once you sign up in order to sell stuff. I got a phone call and I was flat out broke and wasn't interested in it any more and was trying to explain to the guy that I had no money to spare and all he kept saying was "I thought you wanted to make money?" or something along those lines.
I highly doubt it's as easy as the commercials say plus if you watch you might see fine print saying that actual results may vary.
It's my store! I got it up (almost gotta add a few items and spell check LOL) I got domain hosting and email accounts. I sent out my application for sales tax. I'm so excited. Also check out my blog at myspace page

Old 01-27-2007, 05:50 AM
siimmatic

Their products are crap, and so many people are selling them that it is impossible to sell online. If you make some sales intially, you will run out of people to sell to.

Old 01-30-2007, 05:05 AM

FYI, I lost a BUNDLE with them. Tried the "trade show" method and lost more than I can even remember. Their prices weren't low enough to be competative in a trade show...if I marked it up at all it was too high for that type of location. And there just seemed to be ZERO interest in the items I had for sale.

Note that this was MANY years ago and perhaps things have changed with them but - I'm just sharing my experience.

Old 02-13-2007, 03:24 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: SMC.... Yeah or Ney?

Hi Sassything, I have been a member w/ SMC for 3 years now and also got my son into it. I think that it would be better for you to start small then when you feel better at what you are doing then branch out in web page and stuff like that. If you sell at fleamarkets and things like that and should you fined others are selling the samethings then set you price just alittle lower, if the other people say any thing to you just tell them they are more then welcome to buy your things out at your price , that way you will still get what you want and they can try to sell it at thiers. I have never had any problem with slow sending my orders and UPS delivers right to my house.My email is bathelor@yahoo.com please contact me and I will talk w/ you more. NO ONE person will always be happy w/ every thing I know butcheck it out I dont think you will be as disaticefied as some would have you beleave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassything
Hi,
I have been in search of working at home for some odd years now. I have come across numerous scams (not proud to say but have fallen for a few). My question is, has anyone ever delt with or have any knowledge of SMC (Specialty Merchandise Corporation). I don't have a problem with an investment with a company and long hard hours to make it work, and selling legitimate non-herbal products. I just don't want to throw my money down the drain (like I have already done once to often). I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on this subject for me please. Thanks and keep smiling! :D

Old 02-13-2007, 03:49 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I also belonge to SMC and like mom3 and ladyrose I have had very good luck w/SMC.So much so that I have even gotten my son into it .It is very legit.