report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Chat Here
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2006, 03:23 AM
I am new at Scam.com

scam - Job offer with Impact Worldwide

:mad: I recvd the following email -I did respond after researching them - thought - to good to be true - They _ liz morgsn w/HR said they wanted to interview me........still sounded to good to be true so I researched them again and came across alot of CONSUMER complaints............

Dear ,

Recently my assistant saw your resume online and forwarded it to me as a possible candidate for a position with our company. Based on your credentials, it appears you may be qualified for the Scout Manager position we currently have available in your local area.

Impact Worldwide is the fastest growing talent company in the United States. Our talent have worked with such companies as Tommy Hilfiger, Universal Studios, Pepsi, MTV, HBO, Reebok, and hundreds of others. Unlike other sites it is absolutely free for models, actors, and musicians to register on our site.

Scout Managers are assigned 20 - 30 Scouts by our corporate office. The Scout Manager is responsible for ongoing training, and day to day supervision of the Talent Scouts.

We offer Scout Managers the following:

$78,000 first year salary with $104,000 second year potential salary based on performance.
Bonus and incentive program that can add 30 - 50% or more to base salary
Medical, Dental, and Vision plan
Paid Vacation
Tuition Reimbursement
Rapid Fast Track advancement program

The person we are seeking must have strong leadership skills, be extremely organized and have a big picture mentality. A passion for the entertainment industry is a huge plus. College degree or equivalent experience required.

To be formally considered for the Scout Manager position, please visit our website at:

www.impactww.com

Then click on the "careers" tab and select "scout manager."

Once you have completed the online application, I will review it and contact you shortly to schedule an interview.

Best regards,

Liz Morgan

EMAIL # 2

Our records indicate that you applied for the Scout Manager Position on 02/06/06. We have received your application and feel you meet the initial requirements for the position. I would like to recommend you to our Scout Director in your region as a qualified candidate.

If you are still interested in the position please visit our website at

www.impactww.com

On the front page of the application you will find a login prompt. Please login using the following:

Username: ( ).com

Password:
When you login you will be asked to verify some information. Then we will ask for some additional information from you to help in the final hiring decision. Once you complete this process your application will be forwarded for final review and you will be contacted directly by the Scout Director for your area.

Kind Regards,
Liz Morgan
Human Resources

Last edited by mustangsally332001 : 02-08-2006 at 03:30 AM.

Old 04-28-2006, 04:21 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: scam - Job offer with Impact Worldwide

Boy am I glad I read this! I just received the SAME e-mail today about the interest in me for Scout Manager. That industry "does" appeal to me and I AM looking for a good job, so this is VERY disappointing for me. May I ask just how far you got with them? So it's a total rip off, huh? :confused:

Please write back.

1Greatgirlfriend

Old 05-03-2006, 06:47 AM
Newbie Member

It's Funny but I recieved this email the other day. Offering me a casting manager position. I new it sounded to good to be true. A wopping $78,000 per year. :confused:

Email #1

According to our records on 04/22/2006 you applied for a Casting Manager position with our company. We are still interested in offering you the position. To accept the position please log into our site and review the terms and conditions.

www.impactww.com

Username:

Password:

Once you have agreed to the terms and conditions we will process you registration and you will be able to start training within 1 business day.

Regards,
Kendall Beal

Email #2

Congratulations on being accepted as a Casting Manager with Impact. You are now a part of the world’s largest scouting network. Many exciting things are happening at Impact 210, Impact – the magazine, and Impact. I am confident that you will find being a Casting Manager rewarding on many levels.

To help you gain a stronger understanding of what being a Casting Manager is all about we have created this section of the website. Please take some time to fully review this section and then carefully read the Casting Manager Agreement. Once you have read and understood the agreement, you click submit at the bottom of the page. We will then activate your Casting Manager back office within 72 hours.

The sections you will be looking at are as follows:

About Impact – This section discusses what Impact’s service is and how it works.

Casting Manager Compensation – This section covers a Casting Manager’s income and benefits package.

Casting Manager Lifestyle – This section reviews what it is like to be a Casting Manager .We have created 3 fictitious Casting Managers to give you a more vivid picture of what it is like to be a Casting Manager.

Casting Manager Agreement – This agreement outlines the terms and conditions that each Casting Manager with Impact must agree to and abide by.

Last edited by shelia7 : 05-03-2006 at 06:50 AM.

Old 05-05-2006, 07:52 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I got an email from this same company and person liz morgan, i to went the website and applied b/c hey i've been applying to jobs every single day from, monster, hot jobs, and careerbuilder. I would also like to know how far someone got with this company? Also, I read that there are some that actually worked for them and recieved money, was anyone hired as an administrative assistant?

Old 05-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Use the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasiscammed
I got an email from this same company and person liz morgan, i to went the website and applied b/c hey i've been applying to jobs every single day from, monster, hot jobs, and careerbuilder. I would also like to know how far someone got with this company? Also, I read that there are some that actually worked for them and recieved money, was anyone hired as an administrative assistant?
No. Because there isn't such position. What they do is offer you a great sounding job (too good to be true) and later after you apply they will say that is not available and offer you a commission based bogus "job" which is more like a hobby really... You will be offered talent scout or casting mngr. The names behind this are Michael Fomkin and some others that were part of Wilhemina Scouting Network.
I don't believe at this point they do anything illigal with your resume info but you never know with such sleazy tactics! I am pretty sure offering fake jobs to job seekers is illigal. Ayman ****** was recorded performing one of their training sessions over the phone and proven he is involved with impactww. Google the name ****** and see for yourself!

Last edited by therealantispam : 05-05-2006 at 05:02 PM.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:17 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I Just received the same email message about a Talent Search Firm seeking Talent Scouts. It is a good thing I check this out and found Scam.com.
I will place this email with Yahoo under Spam.

Thanks to all who were able to prevent this type of company from continuing to do business.

Tom Stiles

Old 08-10-2006, 08:28 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I have been working for the company since april 11th of 2006 as a casting manager. I am supposed to be recieving 78,000 per year plus commision. At this point the company owes me 6,620.20 and have not made any effort at paying me I filed a BBB report against them and this is what they said.

"LIndsey Waitley, Executive Administrator, has responded that according to the compensation outline you agreed to, you would not be eligible for salary until 90 days. She states you worked from 4/11-7/14 and that this is not 90 days, so you did not meet the requirements for salary. She states you are not owed any salary, only commission for the work completed. "

Do the math yourself. It's over 90 days.

Old 08-10-2006, 08:35 PM
The Ultimate Moderater

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredVaughn
I have been working for the company since april 11th of 2006 as a casting manager. I am supposed to be recieving 78,000 per year plus commision. At this point the company owes me 6,620.20 and have not made any effort at paying me I filed a BBB report against them and this is what they said.

"LIndsey Waitley, Executive Administrator, has responded that according to the compensation outline you agreed to, you would not be eligible for salary until 90 days. She states you worked from 4/11-7/14 and that this is not 90 days, so you did not meet the requirements for salary. She states you are not owed any salary, only commission for the work completed. "

Do the math yourself. It's over 90 days.

That damn company! :mad:. I feel for ya buddy. Sorry, just had to vent. If I was you, I would sue the whole company and shut em down. These friggin scammers! If only I was a PI. I bet you were excited when you thought you were gonna 78,000 a year plus commission, then found out they lied. This is the kind of tragedy that drives people to drink and drug and even suicides. How these crooks can sleep at, I'll never know. Satan sure has a way of bringing evil to the planet.

Old 08-10-2006, 08:37 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky36
That damn company! :mad:. I feel for ya buddy. Sorry, just had to vent. If I was you, I would sue the whole company and shut em down. These friggin scammers! If only I was a PI. I bet you were excited when you thought you were gonna 78,000 a year plus commission, then found out they lied. This is the kind of tragedy that drives people to drink and drug and even suicides. How these crooks can sleep at, I'll never know. Satan sure has a way of bringing evil to the planet.
The only problem with sueing them is I live in Texas and the company is in New York. I would have to go to New York to file a suit and I can't afford to do that.

Old 08-10-2006, 08:42 PM
The Ultimate Moderater

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredVaughn
The only problem with sueing them is I live in Texas and the company is in New York. I would have to go to New York to file a suit and I can't afford to do that.
Hopefully you can get other victims together to bring those scammers down. If you can't afford to go to New York to file a suit. The government, FBI, or DA should pay for your travel expenses.

It seems like the only way to make alot of $$$$$$$ is to be a con artist/scammer. What a sad society we live in. :mad:

Old 08-10-2006, 08:57 PM
sorethroat

Google "alec ******".
This type of job scam is one of his trade marks.

The scam is pulled nationwide.
Ask a lawyer about it.
Perhaps you can file criminal charges for embezzlement at your nearest FBI office.

Old 08-16-2006, 02:53 AM
Bronze Member

Any updates?

Old 08-25-2006, 02:11 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Damnit man! I just recieved an email also from them. Hiring for Administrative Assistant. Working from home, data entry. I thought it was legit also. I had even submitted my application and everything. Well at least I know now. Ill be ignoring their letters from now ON. Thanks for the heads up. Jessica

This is the second letter I recieved by them:
Dear Jessica XXXXX,

Our records indicate that you applied for the Administrative Assistant Position on 08/18/06. We have received your application and feel you meet the initial requirements for the position. I would like to recommend you to our Administrative Assistant in your region as a qualified candidate.

If you are still interested in the position please visit our website at

www.impactww.com

On the front page of the application you will find a login prompt. Please login using the following:

Username: jessica@comcast.net

Password: XXXXX

When you login you will be asked to verify some information. Then we will ask for some additional information from you to help in the final hiring decision. Once you complete this process your application will be forwarded for final review and you will be contacted directly by the Customer Service for your area.

Kind Regards,
Liz Morgan
Human Resources

Last edited by LifeSucKs : 08-25-2006 at 02:20 AM. Reason: adding more stuff

Old 08-25-2006, 05:37 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I followed through with this opportunity till I hit this point. I do not think they are complete scams as much as not divulging what business you are in. This is basically a franchise model; you start your own business from scratch with support from the franchise corporation. Only difference is since you have invested nothing to this point there is not start-up return (ROI).
I was never interested in starting my own business and I wish they would have been honest and told me this from the beginning. :(

Read Below for details:

scout manager - getting started

you are now a Scout Manager with the world's largest and fastest growing scouting company. you know can't wait until your team is number one in the country. but what happens next? where do you go from here? this get-started section is a step-by-step outline to starting your career as a scout manager.

Phases

scout managers have two phases to their career. the first phase is learning about scouting. depending on the individual a scout manager will spend anywhere from 1 week to 1 month learning about scouting. every scout manager at Impact must go through this process. even impact ceo michael fomkin started as a scout. Impact will not allow someone to teach or manage someone if that person has not walked in those shoes.

while each scout manager must learn to scout, they do not have to be the best scout. Impact understands that the skill sets required to make a top scout manager will vary from the skill sets required to make a top scout. you have been hired as a scout manager. you have to learn to scout, but excelling at scouting is not why you were hired. how you do as a manger is more important. the following is a step-by-step guide to getting you to that point.

Phase 1 - Scouting

step 1 - read the training manual

the first thing you should do is read the training manual thoroughly, then read it again. the training manual is instrumental to your success as a scout manager. the first part discusses scouting; the second part discusses being a scout manager. it is critical that you have a full understanding about both parts. understanding scouting will help you manage scouts.

step 2 - business cards

to be a scout, you must have business cards. you are responsible for purchasing your own business cards. you can purchase them through a local printer or through our approved national vendor. (after 250 enrollments you are reimbursed for cards if you choose to go through an approved vendor.)

go to the business card section and follow the directions.

step 3 - schedule first training session

once you have your cards, go to the training section and schedule your first training. pick a time and a date and you will be assigned a call in number and a pin number. this will log you into the first training.

step 4 - attend training

the initial training will last about 90 minutes. it will consist of three 20 - 25 minute sessions and three 5 - 10 minute Q & A sessions. you should have the following ready for the conference call: