report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2006, 05:21 AM
Newbie Member

Re: A Challenge

Hi. Im new to this message board and I am too looking for a legit work at home JOB and NOT seeking for "opportunity" or any crap having to deal with MLM.
I came across this website........ willowcsn.com .. has anyone heard about it?

Old 02-23-2006, 02:45 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I believe it's been discussed before and determined to be a scam.

Old 02-27-2006, 01:00 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpo7112839
I do daycare, and have a cleaning business. If any one is interested in starting their own cleaning business, I have a great business starter kit for you. Just pm me and I'll give you the site. Thanks Diane
What is the name of the site Please PM me?

:( :( :( :(

Old 03-13-2006, 09:02 PM
Chronic Job Hopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by scambuster
Can ANYBODY post a real work at home job that doesn't involve "buying" the job or scamming somebody else? It cannot be a product of dubious quality or usefulness (or safety) sold on a website and cannot involve signing ANYBODY up for ANYTHING! It must involve a product, a markup and a profit--backed up by a real address and a real business license.
Well seeing as how our overall economy is moving from a product based one, to a service based economy, that's going to be pretty hard to do. Doing this would really involve "inventing" a product and selling it yourself.

Not many people have the inventive genius to do that, and they probably won't have the capital to build it, market it, etc. etc.

I think you'll find that saying that it must involve a product is going to be excessively limiting.

Old 03-26-2006, 05:44 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Heres a couple of legit work at homes...

1. Work from home advertising for websites. (not affiliate programs) Some Websites pay you directly to advertise live for them. Some examples are Model sites, Auto sites, And even some Mlm websites. (for more info on the model sites Contact me) Some sites will pay you X amount of dollars for each person you sign up..

2. Working with eay is great, But lets take it to the next level... You can work at home submitting Cars on Ebay for Local dealerships in your area. I have personally done this for the last 3 years. Needless to say, its a execlent money maker, No Upfront Cost, And no liability to you. In fact Dealerships thrive off of this service, And it is so easy to do....

Just a couple of Ideas for you to pounder on...

I do both of these and make a good living off of them, Plus i still have the time to take care of my kids, and family...

Old 03-27-2006, 03:03 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by scambuster
Home daycare comes to mind, but that is a service....
Home Day Care??? I DO NOT have enough PROZAC for that. LOL

Old 04-15-2006, 12:15 AM

I've posted this in a new thread but judgment recovery is a feasible and legit business, I bought the Sierra Judgment Recovery course, but with a full time job, it was hard to keep up with it. There are always jr seminars, but they usually cost like 300 bucks. Her book is like a hundred and it's excruciatingly detailed and comes with a disc of forms and skip tracing links and membership into a yahoo forum. It's basically debt collection, but without the annoying sales calls! :) You actually legally own the judgment after the original plaintiff assigns it to you. So you have a legal right to send a sheriff or process server to someone's place of work and levy their cash register. There's a lot of work that you have to put into it. But the actual process of going to the court house and looking for unpaid judgments isn't that hard. Most of the ones in there are unpaid. The most difficult part is sending out dozens of solicitation letters only to get a few responses. But I was able to do that without any sort of formal advertising. This is also a service you can approach businesses and law firms about. Man, I WISH I was getting commission for this. :)

Old 04-15-2006, 04:27 PM

Hey what about Ameriplan? Someone just offered that to me a few minutes ago, and your site says it's legit. Well......but they don't sell an actual PRODUCT. poo. never mind. hahaha I may check this out though, not neccessarily for the work at home biz but for the services.

Old 04-24-2006, 12:46 PM
penchant

Scam Scam Scam. You get scammed everyday by the banks, governments, credit card companies but you all seem to accept it! Yet spend £20 pounds trying something out and Oh it's a scam.

This website www.villagesweetshop.com i set up over 3years ago i have now sold it. Would you believe people would order and if they didn't receive their sweet order the next day they would telephone or email saying it must be a "scam". The couriers would try to deliver on two occassions on the third there is a cost of £2.50 which we would cover. However if the customer didn't contact the courier the parcel would be returned to us at a cost of £10. The customer would contact us and say no parcel arrived, they were at work and the courier delivered to their home. I would ask why they had put their home address and not work address as stated in the terms and conditions. Guess what? "i didn't read the terms and conditions"

To re-send we would have to charge the customer the £10 or we lost out because they were not there to sign for parcel. Guess who's fault it was? Yes ours! And it must be a rip off if i have to pay the £10.

I rest my case

Old 05-09-2006, 08:29 PM
I am new at Scam.com

...along the same lines as the previous ebay posts, look online and at various retailers for clearences/specials (i.e. electronics), then do a little research to see how much they are selling for on ebay or other auction sites. This can be somewhat time consuming, but if the profit margin is right, this is a decent way to make some cash.

Old 05-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Newbie Member

I like the idea about posting vehicles online for local auto dealers.

You may even want to approach local real estate agencies for the same thing if you live in an area with a strong real estate market.

I've been researching stay-at-home jobs for about a month solid (sorry to my current employer because it really is facinating to me). I've come to the conclusion that the best way is to tap into local resources and bring them to the Internet.

Go to yard sales or local flea markets to find items that will sell for more online. I know my local flea market has several of these "dollar stores" and they have amazing prices on things. (I haven't been to a flea market in years, but just remember thinking that these things will sell for 4x as much on eBay)

I know around here we have a lot of clothing consignment stores. That (along with the auto idea) may be a great way to get into making money at home without having to invest anything; you just do the work and take your comission for selling.

Another idea I've had is to look at your local real estate listings. Look for the sellers... if the address isn't listed on the MLS, then usually their information is posted on the county's Property Appraiser's website.... if they're looking to sell their home, chances are that they may have some junk they're looking to get rid of (eBay again!).

Same thing for yard sales... even without buying anything at the yard sale. Talk to whomever is organizing it and offer to sell anything that doesn't actually sell at the yard sale.

The best aspect about doing these sorts of things is that it doesn't hurt anyone's bottom line by promoting this sort of business, and helps line your pocket. Unless everyone who reads this thread and impements the ideas lives in my community, I have nothing to worry about.

I like all of the comments.

Old 05-11-2006, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAYEK
I know a lady who makes holiday/birthday baskets full of different stuff & sells them from home.

She sells a lot to husbands who don't really know what to get for their wives.
Laugh if you want, but the women love it!

thank you!!!!!!! :)

Old 05-29-2006, 12:27 PM
Lies why, why?

i ve concluded........everythings a swcam :( :( :(

Old 07-03-2006, 07:08 PM
Silver Member

Let's add some more...

Amazon Marketplace is a good alternative to eBay, even if you just use it for selling old books and that sort of thing.

Real affiliate marketing (i.e. not MLM rubbish) is difficult to get right, but doesn't cost much to get started. (Hint: they pay you.. you don't pay THEM).

Almost any small business can get a boost from doing a web site. Keep it simple, learn how to promote it and you'll be surprised who'll come beating a path to your door.. no matter what you do.

Or create a really good website about something you love, and when it's running put some Google ads on it. That can be something you enjoy doing and it will usually earn a little money.. or perhaps a LOT.

Really though I think the key to success is this: don't wait for the opportunity to come along.. create your own opportunities instead. If you're after a service or particular type of product and you have difficulty finding it.. then perhaps that's a market niche you should look at getting into yourself.

A final tip: keep your costs under control. Don't spend any significant amount of money without doing due diligence. And if it looks too good to be true.. then it probably isn't true.

Old 07-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

Great advice Dynamoo!