report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2006, 04:55 PM
Lady Moderator- Just call me Your Majesty

Re: The moment of truth....Elections in Iraq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza.
I think you should all learn to read!

This thread is about the Iraq elections but the last 4 pages are relevant to a thread started by Sojustask that nobody even bothered to respond to.
(maybe because it was started on christmas eve, who knows)

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=8340

It's almost like a deliberate attempt to destroy the thread but I couldn't imagine why?

Btw (on topic) I don't think the election means anything. They will all still want to kill each other.
Oh that's just the last 4 pages. It actually started going off topic before it was halfway down the first page.

No one "destroys" threads, people just get sidetracked onto more interesting topics. In this case, insulting people on the forum in the very first post doomed this topic to ever be discussed rationally.

I think most people can't see where the election means anything in Iraq either. Which may be the point of the whole topic in the first place. They are still going through a civil war there. The one difference between their and ours is that we are stuck in the middle of theirs and helped create it. Not that it wouldn't have happened in the first place, but our presence there right now doesn't seem to be allowing anything to get worked out either.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

Old 01-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Lady Moderator- Just call me Your Majesty

Re: The moment of truth....Elections in Iraq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza.
Well, the first part of your post suggests that
A. some of you feel that the elections in Iraq are boring and
B. You (collectively, not personally) can't handle crticism very well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not expressing my opinion one way or the other.

Although worded to attract a negative response, I saw the first post as a jibe at the voting system in the U.S.
I couldn't tell you if folks thought the elections were boring or not. They had elections, they are still unresolved to what the outcomes were, there is still fighting. What more would there be to talk about on the subject?

As far as handling criticism. It was a good post up until one reads:

Quote:
The single minded, mentally challenged, deranged, imbeciles on this forum who have led an incessant campaign of baseless accusations including international crimes, crimes against the Constitution and crimes against humanity etc. etc. will soon be shown up to be nothing more than over - opinionated zealots whos' only consideration in their tiny little world, is their tiny little selves.

Bouquets to posters like Grim17, pwrone, Raider and all of the other TRUE Americans who, no matter what, will stick by their country and their beliefs and brickbats to dchristie, Rawb, Tommy4887 and more recently, sojustask, and everyone else in this stupid place who seems to be hell bent on finding fault in everything our elected, yes elected (we had our choice, y'know), government does.
At that point it became an attack and not a thread about Iraqi elections. For the record, neither side takes being attacked well. I wouldn't call what was written a criticism, it's rather more than that. When the forum was moderated, that was grounds for being banned, as are any other personal attacks. However, I'm still hopeful that self moderating will become more popular here than being moderated by another will be. I like posting in peace much better than having to moderate folks and risk being criticized for doing so.

Namaste'

Lady Mod