report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Investment Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Newbie Member

Update on Roy Kessel and Omicron ponzi scam

Roy Kessel Omicron Ponzi Scheme

BEFORE THE HEARING BOARD
OF THE
ILLINOIS ATTORNEY REGISTRATION
AND
DISCIPLINARY COMMISSION

In the Matter of:

ROY D. KESSEL,

Attorney-Respondent,

No. 6207229.

Commission No. 2010PR00043

FILED - April 21, 2010

COMPLAINT

Jerome Larkin, Administrator of the Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission, by his attorney, Meriel Coleman, pursuant to Supreme Court Rule 753(b), complains of Respondent Roy D. Kessel., who was licensed to practice law in Illinois on November 11, 1991, and alleges that Respondent has engaged in the following conduct which tends to defeat the administration of justice or to bring the courts or the legal profession into disrepute:

Breach of fiduciary duty to investors in Omicron Group, LLC

1. At all times alleged in this complaint, Respondent owned and operated a law firm in Arlington Heights styled as "Bassetti Kessel," which was sometimes also known as the "Law Office of Roy Kessel" or "Capital Law Group P.C."

2. At all times alleged in this complaint, AG Capital Partners, LLC, was a New Mexico company that sometimes conducted business as "The Omicron Group, LLC" ("Omicron"). Respondent was a partner in Omicron and his law firm acted as Omicron's legal counsel.

3. Beginning in or around November, 2007, and continuing through November, 2008, Respondent participated in scheme by which he and others advised 93 individuals ("the investors") of a purported opportunity to invest in Omicron by making "investments loans" to Omicron. Respondent and others told the investors those "investment loans" were to be used for purposes of "trading platforms" and other purported investment opportunities. Respondent and his business associates also told the investors, both orally and in writing: that Omicron would use the investors' money to invest in trading platforms; that the investors could expect an annual return of the greater of fifteen percent (15%) paid quarterly, or 60% of the net profits generated by Omicron; that their initial investments would be secure because none of the money obtained from the investors would be placed directly in trade; that the funds in the trading account would be leveraged by the trader and never touched; and that investors could request withdrawals from their account which would be paid out within 72 hours.

4. Between November, 2007 and November, 2008, Respondent and others agreed to accept at least $1,915,205 in purported "investment loans" from the investors; provided those individuals with purported loan agreements and promissory notes consistent with the terms described in paragraph three, above, relating to investment platforms; and promised to repay the loans with investment returns one year after the loan agreement.

5. Pursuant to the agreements for the investment loans referenced in paragraph three, above, the term of the purported "investment loans" were to be one year, calculated from the first day of disbursement, or on demand of the lender.

6. Between November, 2007 and November, 2008, as part of the purported investment opportunity described in paragraph three, above, Respondent entered into escrow agreements with the investors in which he agreed that Bassetti Kessel, the Law Office of Roy Kessel, or Capital Law Group P.C. would act as escrow agent for funds that the investors gave to Respondent to fund the purported "investment loans" to Omicron. Respondent requested and received at least $500 from each investor in consideration for his agreement to act as escrow agent.

7. By agreeing to act as "escrow agent" in connection with the purported :investment loans, Respondent created a fiduciary relationship between himself and the investors whose funds he agreed to receive and hold in a separate, secure account. Therefore, Respondent owed those investors the duty to exercise the highest degree of honesty and good faith in receiving and holding their funds in connection with the purported "investment loans."

8. Between November, 2007, and November, 2008, Respondent caused $22,693,162.89, which included $1,915,205 that Respondent received from investors pursuant to the escrow agreements described in paragraph six, above, to be deposited into one of the following accounts he controlled: National City account number 985684151; National City account number 985683781; Chase Bank account number 773237185 (and three associated savings accounts); or Chase Bank account number 733236559. Respondent was the sole signatory on all those accounts.

9. Between December, 2007, and March, 2009, Respondent made a series of disbursements and directed a series of transfers to various accounts maintained by Respondent and his business associates. Respondent also used the account to make periodic payments of purported interest and principal to investors. Those payments were not made from the purported profits of the Omicron investments, but was instead made with money obtained from other investors in what is commonly referred to as a "Ponzi scheme". As of March 31, 2009, Respondent's activities had drawn the balances to account number 985684151, account number 985683802, account number 985683781 and account number 773237185 (and the three associated savings accounts) to zero and the balance of account number 733236559 to $44.42.

10. At no time after receiving the funds from the investors did Respondent invest their funds in a secure investment opportunity from which any of the investors benefitted.

11. As of the filing of this complaint, Respondent owed various investors $1,866,316.31, which represented the difference between the amounts Respondent had received from the investors and the amounts that had repaid to one investor.

12. By the reason of the conduct described above, Respondent has engaged in the following misconduct:

breach of fiduciary duty;

conduct involving dishonesty, fraud, deceit or misrepresentation, in violation of Rule 8.4(a)(4) of the Illinois Rules of Professional Conduct;

conduct which tends to defeat the administration of justice or bring the courts or the legal profession into disrepute, in violation of Supreme Court Rule 770.

WHEREFORE, the Administrator requests that this matter be assigned to a panel of the Hearing Board, that a hearing be held, and the panel makes findings of fact, conclusions of fact and law, and a recommendation for such discipline as is warranted.

Meriel Coleman
Counsel for the Administrator
One Prudential Plaza
130 East Randolph Drive, Suite 1500
Chicago, Illinois 60601-6219
Telephone: (312) 565-2600
Respectfully submitted,
Jerome Larkin, Administrator
Attorney Registration and
Disciplinary Commission

By: Meriel Coleman

Old 04-19-2011, 06:03 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Update on Roy Kessel and Omicron ponzi scam

http://www.corp.ca.gov/ENF/pdf/2010/OmicronGroup_DR.pdf

In connection with the offer and sale of these securities, Omicron Group and Capital
Law Group misrepresented, in the Escrow Agreement, that Omicron Group and Capital Law Group
were “unrelated.” In fact, Omicron Group and Capital Law Group were related in that Kessel was a
control person of both entities and both entities maintained an address at 3255 N. Arlington Heights
Road, Suite 510, Arlington Heights, IL 60004.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:41 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Contact Roy D Kessel the operator of the Omicron Ponzi scheme

Law Offices of Roy D. Kessel
3255 N. Arlington Heights Road
Suite 510
Arlington Heights, IL 60004

Phone: 847-253-0700 Fax: 847-253-0787

DO NOT HIRE THIS SCAM ARTIST ATTORNEY FOR ANYTHING

http://www.sportsloop.com/sportsloop/index.asp

info@sportsloop.com
rkessel@bassetti-kessel.com

Old 05-10-2011, 05:42 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Roy D Kessel scam artist

His new blog:

http://www.jewishsportsblog.com/

Old 05-10-2011, 05:46 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Northwestern University Roy Kessel

Roy D Kessel

rkessel@bassetti-kessel.com

instructor in Northwestern University's Masters in Sports Management

The university has hired a thief to teach their legal courses

Old 05-10-2011, 05:49 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Full Licensed Name: Roy D. Kessel
Full Former name(s): None
Date of Admission as Lawyer
by Illinois Supreme Court: November 7, 1991
Registered Business Address: Kessel Law Group
655 Deerfield Road Suite 100
Deerfield, IL 60015
Registered Business Phone: (847)253-0700
Illinois Registration Status: Active and authorized to practice law - Last Registered Year: 2011

Old 11-29-2011, 08:05 AM
Newbie Member

Roy D Kessel under indictment

U.S. Department of Justice

Charges have been filed against defendant(s) ROY D KESSEL. The lead prosecutor for this case is JENNIFER WAIER. The main charge is categorized as Advance Fee Schemes.

Defendant Roy D. Kessel was a licensed attorney and operated The Capital Law Group, PC. Defendant Kessel managed The Omicron Group, LLC. Defendant solicited investors nationwide to invest money in platforms and programs that purportedly traded in medium-term notes and bank debentures. Omicron through defendant promised investors an annual return of at least 15%. Investors were told that the total split of profits would be a 40% for Omicron and a 60% for the investor, with the 15% preferred return to be credited towards the investor's 60% split. Investors did not receive the promised 15% annual return on their investment. Instead, Omicron through defendant and others, fabricated returns through password-protected internet accounts to lull investors into believing that Omicron was a good investment and profitable. Omicron did not hold investor funds, but improperly released investor funds to others. Rather than using the investor funds as promised, defendant Kessel and others misappropriated the investor funds to pay themselves and invest in other fraudulent investment schemes.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:46 PM
Newbie Member

On January 24, 2012, defendant ROY D KESSEL pled guilty to the charges listed below. Any remaining counts will be disposed of at the time of sentencing. As a result of the guilty plea, there will be no trial involving this defendant.

Number of Charges Description of Charges Disposition
----------------- ---------------------- -----------
1 Conspiracy to commit offense or to defraud US Guilty

The sentencing hearing for defendant(s), ROY D KESSEL, has been set for October 29, 2012, 10:00 AM at Hearing Location for Southern Division Office 8, Ronald Reagan Federal Building US Courthouse, 411 West Fourth Street, Santa Ana, CA 92701 before Judge Cormac Carney.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:16 AM
Newbie Member

Roy Kessel is a very creative and innovative attorney. He represented me in the establishment of my motor sports agency. Due to his extensive experience in the sport industry and event management, he was able to draw on a strong foundation of sports business knowledge. His vision was important in helping me launch my organization and help me navigate the pitfalls many of my other entrepreneurial friends faced in starting their businesses. As the founder of my company, I would strong recommend Roy Kessel for anyone starting a new business venture since he combines his legal and business expertise to provide a practical perspective.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:18 AM
Newbie Member

Re: Roy D Kessel under indictment

As a business owner, I work with many service providers in a variety of industries. I was very worried about creating an estate plan which would protect my family and my business in the event of my death. I worked with Roy Kessel as my attorney and he was able to give me a lot of good information in a timely fashion. He has very reasonable fees and was very responsive to my inquiries. My concern was protecting the business foundation that I had established so that my family would be properly cared for. Roy helped me structure a plan that gave me peace of mind and also the knowledge that I could revise things as my business and family needs changed over time.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:19 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepen View Post

On January 24, 2012, defendant ROY D KESSEL pled guilty to the charges listed below. Any remaining counts will be disposed of at the time of sentencing. As a result of the guilty plea, there will be no trial involving this defendant.

Number of Charges Description of Charges Disposition
----------------- ---------------------- -----------
1 Conspiracy to commit offense or to defraud US Guilty

The sentencing hearing for defendant(s), ROY D KESSEL, has been set for October 29, 2012, 10:00 AM at Hearing Location for Southern Division Office 8, Ronald Reagan Federal Building US Courthouse, 411 West Fourth Street, Santa Ana, CA 92701 before Judge Cormac Carney.
Roy Kessel represented my husband and I as our attorney in the purchase of our new construction home. Unlike many others involved in the process, Roy had a calming effect on a crazy transaction. He was able to see thru the roadblocks and hurdles which others put up. This allowed our transaction to move forward even when our mortgage broker and realtor were pulling us in different directions. I would recommend Roy Kessel as an attorney for anyone going thru the process of purchasing their new home.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:21 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Roy Kessel Omicron Ponzi Scheme

BEFORE THE HEARING BOARD
OF THE
ILLINOIS ATTORNEY REGISTRATION
AND
DISCIPLINARY COMMISSION

In the Matter of:

ROY D. KESSEL,

Attorney-Respondent,

No. 6207229.

Commission No. 2010PR00043

FILED - April 21, 2010

COMPLAINT

Jerome Larkin, Administrator of the Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission, by his attorney, Meriel Coleman, pursuant to Supreme Court Rule 753(b), complains of Respondent Roy D. Kessel., who was licensed to practice law in Illinois on November 11, 1991, and alleges that Respondent has engaged in the following conduct which tends to defeat the administration of justice or to bring the courts or the legal profession into disrepute:

Breach of fiduciary duty to investors in Omicron Group, LLC

1. At all times alleged in this complaint, Respondent owned and operated a law firm in Arlington Heights styled as "Bassetti Kessel," which was sometimes also known as the "Law Office of Roy Kessel" or "Capital Law Group P.C."

2. At all times alleged in this complaint, AG Capital Partners, LLC, was a New Mexico company that sometimes conducted business as "The Omicron Group, LLC" ("Omicron"). Respondent was a partner in Omicron and his law firm acted as Omicron's legal counsel.

3. Beginning in or around November, 2007, and continuing through November, 2008, Respondent participated in scheme by which he and others advised 93 individuals ("the investors") of a purported opportunity to invest in Omicron by making "investments loans" to Omicron. Respondent and others told the investors those "investment loans" were to be used for purposes of "trading platforms" and other purported investment opportunities. Respondent and his business associates also told the investors, both orally and in writing: that Omicron would use the investors' money to invest in trading platforms; that the investors could expect an annual return of the greater of fifteen percent (15%) paid quarterly, or 60% of the net profits generated by Omicron; that their initial investments would be secure because none of the money obtained from the investors would be placed directly in trade; that the funds in the trading account would be leveraged by the trader and never touched; and that investors could request withdrawals from their account which would be paid out within 72 hours.

4. Between November, 2007 and November, 2008, Respondent and others agreed to accept at least $1,915,205 in purported "investment loans" from the investors; provided those individuals with purported loan agreements and promissory notes consistent with the terms described in paragraph three, above, relating to investment platforms; and promised to repay the loans with investment returns one year after the loan agreement.

5. Pursuant to the agreements for the investment loans referenced in paragraph three, above, the term of the purported "investment loans" were to be one year, calculated from the first day of disbursement, or on demand of the lender.

6. Between November, 2007 and November, 2008, as part of the purported investment opportunity described in paragraph three, above, Respondent entered into escrow agreements with the investors in which he agreed that Bassetti Kessel, the Law Office of Roy Kessel, or Capital Law Group P.C. would act as escrow agent for funds that the investors gave to Respondent to fund the purported "investment loans" to Omicron. Respondent requested and received at least $500 from each investor in consideration for his agreement to act as escrow agent.

7. By agreeing to act as "escrow agent" in connection with the purported :investment loans, Respondent created a fiduciary relationship between himself and the investors whose funds he agreed to receive and hold in a separate, secure account. Therefore, Respondent owed those investors the duty to exercise the highest degree of honesty and good faith in receiving and holding their funds in connection with the purported "investment loans."

8. Between November, 2007, and November, 2008, Respondent caused $22,693,162.89, which included $1,915,205 that Respondent received from investors pursuant to the escrow agreements described in paragraph six, above, to be deposited into one of the following accounts he controlled: National City account number 985684151; National City account number 985683781; Chase Bank account number 773237185 (and three associated savings accounts); or Chase Bank account number 733236559. Respondent was the sole signatory on all those accounts.

9. Between December, 2007, and March, 2009, Respondent made a series of disbursements and directed a series of transfers to various accounts maintained by Respondent and his business associates. Respondent also used the account to make periodic payments of purported interest and principal to investors. Those payments were not made from the purported profits of the Omicron investments, but was instead made with money obtained from other investors in what is commonly referred to as a "Ponzi scheme". As of March 31, 2009, Respondent's activities had drawn the balances to account number 985684151, account number 985683802, account number 985683781 and account number 773237185 (and the three associated savings accounts) to zero and the balance of account number 733236559 to $44.42.

10. At no time after receiving the funds from the investors did Respondent invest their funds in a secure investment opportunity from which any of the investors benefitted.

11. As of the filing of this complaint, Respondent owed various investors $1,866,316.31, which represented the difference between the amounts Respondent had received from the investors and the amounts that had repaid to one investor.

12. By the reason of the conduct described above, Respondent has engaged in the following misconduct:

breach of fiduciary duty;

conduct involving dishonesty, fraud, deceit or misrepresentation, in violation of Rule 8.4(a)(4) of the Illinois Rules of Professional Conduct;

conduct which tends to defeat the administration of justice or bring the courts or the legal profession into disrepute, in violation of Supreme Court Rule 770.

WHEREFORE, the Administrator requests that this matter be assigned to a panel of the Hearing Board, that a hearing be held, and the panel makes findings of fact, conclusions of fact and law, and a recommendation for such discipline as is warranted.

Meriel Coleman
Counsel for the Administrator
One Prudential Plaza
130 East Randolph Drive, Suite 1500
Chicago, Illinois 60601-6219
Telephone: (312) 565-2600
Respectfully submitted,
Jerome Larkin, Administrator
Attorney Registration and
Disciplinary Commission

By: Meriel Coleman
Roy Kessel served as my attorney when my business and I were sued by the bank holding our company’s line of credit. Roy was able to intervene immediately and assist our company in negotiating a reasonable resolution. Most importantly, he was able to persuade the bank to change their hostile approach and guided us in resolving our debt and moving our credit facility to another lender.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:22 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLandon View Post
Roy Kessel served as my attorney when my business and I were sued by the bank holding our company’s line of credit. Roy was able to intervene immediately and assist our company in negotiating a reasonable resolution. Most importantly, he was able to persuade the bank to change their hostile approach and guided us in resolving our debt and moving our credit facility to another lender.
Roy Kessel served as my attorney during a business dispute I had with another company. One of the things that impressed me the most was that Roy took a practical business approach to ensure that the legal fees did not exceed the value of the dispute. Unlike other attorneys I have worked with in the past who ran up their billings, Roy worked out a reasonable resolution to allow us to protect the foundation of our business while minimizing the interference with our business operations.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:23 AM
Newbie Member

Re: Roy D Kessel under indictment

Quote:
U.S. Department of Justice

Charges have been filed against defendant(s) ROY D KESSEL. The lead prosecutor for this case is JENNIFER WAIER. The main charge is categorized as Advance Fee Schemes.

Defendant Roy D. Kessel was a licensed attorney and operated The Capital Law Group, PC. Defendant Kessel managed The Omicron Group, LLC. Defendant solicited investors nationwide to invest money in platforms and programs that purportedly traded in medium-term notes and bank debentures. Omicron through defendant promised investors an annual return of at least 15%. Investors were told that the total split of profits would be a 40% for Omicron and a 60% for the investor, with the 15% preferred return to be credited towards the investor's 60% split. Investors did not receive the promised 15% annual return on their investment. Instead, Omicron through defendant and others, fabricated returns through password-protected internet accounts to lull investors into believing that Omicron was a good investment and profitable. Omicron did not hold investor funds, but improperly released investor funds to others. Rather than using the investor funds as promised, defendant Kessel and others misappropriated the investor funds to pay themselves and invest in other fraudulent investment schemes.
Buying a home is always a stressful time but I was fortunate to be referred to Roy Kessel as my attorney so my experience was much better than many of my friends. I would strongly recommend Roy kessel if you have the need for any legal services.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:24 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc92705 View Post
http://www.corp.ca.gov/ENF/pdf/2010/OmicronGroup_DR.pdf

In connection with the offer and sale of these securities, Omicron Group and Capital
Law Group misrepresented, in the Escrow Agreement, that Omicron Group and Capital Law Group
were “unrelated.” In fact, Omicron Group and Capital Law Group were related in that Kessel was a
control person of both entities and both entities maintained an address at 3255 N. Arlington Heights
Road, Suite 510, Arlington Heights, IL 60004.
Roy Kessel was my attorney when my partner and I started our graphic design and web development business. Before we even started, Roy spent several hours with us discussing the pros and cons of different business structures as well as making sure that we understand the risks and difficulty of being founders of a new business. Roy ensured that we methodically went thru the process to establish a strong foundation for the future operations of our business. As our business evolved, Roy was available to help us make the legal adjustments necessary to protect ourselves and our business.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Newbie Member

FYI - his crony, Arthur Weiss (along with Ronald Abernathy) have a hearing set in Michigan for Nov 5, 2012. This was the scam that followed when Omicron was discovered. They called their new company Sovereign Investment Group.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLandon View Post
Roy Kessel was my attorney when my partner and I started our graphic design and web development business. Before we even started, Roy spent several hours with us discussing the pros and cons of different business structures as well as making sure that we understand the risks and difficulty of being founders of a new business. Roy ensured that we methodically went thru the process to establish a strong foundation for the future operations of our business. As our business evolved, Roy was available to help us make the legal adjustments necessary to protect ourselves and our business.

LOL, looks like SCUMBAG THIEF ROY D. KESSEL is trying to make himself out to be anything other than a SCUMBAG THIEF WHO BILKED 2 MILLION DOLLARS FROM PEOPLE IN A PONZI SCHEME.

ENJOY PRISON, ROY D. KESSEL