report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 10:22 AM
Newbie Member

Potacon Oil And Gas Company Malaysia Scam

i find this job as a scam first they need you to pay your work permit most employers and it must be employer process work permit but this job offer be warned if you receive this same email BEWARE. i will post the email that i receive from them first and second email. i also consulted answers.yahoo.com and ask their opinion mostly they suggest that it is 100% scam because employers ask the applicant to process their own work permits CRAZY and they used more than 2 emails so sounds crazy really. these are the emails i received.

first email:
JOB REF: P.O G/MY332-12

CLIENT/EMPLOYER: V. O.G (POTACON OIL AND GAS) MALAYSIA

RECRUITMENT SERVICES: Zee Recruitment Service

Attn: Prospective Employee,

This is to inform you that the Recruitment manager of POTACON OIL AND GAS COMPANY
MALAYSIA have shortlisted and selected you as one of the qualified candidates that
will work in our renowned the POTACON OIL AND GAS COMPANY MALAYSIA.

After thoroughly reviewing your CV in www.naukri.com, the screening department
requires a few more details from your end to substantiate and confirm the details
in your resume. Hence provide the information required below and send an updated
copy of your CV-resume to our below email for final screening and verification and
to enable us confirm and authenticate your details:
global_source2005@yahoo.com

FILL THE BELOW INFORMATION;

FULL NAME..........................

COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE................

NATIONALITY.........................

CURRENT JOB POSITION................

POSITION DISIRED:...................

CURRENT PHONE NUMBER................

AVAILABILITY TO RESUME WORK:........

NOTE; Send your CV-RESUME as soon as you receive this mail and bear in mind that only the successful screened employees will be contacted after the final screening.
Regards,

Recruitment Manager,
IGBAL IBRAHIM
global_source2005@yahoo.com

PLACEMENT@POTACON OIL AND GAS COMPANY MALAYSIA /SEND YOUR CV -RESUME FOR FINAL SCREENING.

so after receiveng this email i forwarded my resume and fill up the details.

this is the 2nd email i receive from them.

FROM THE DESK OF
IGBAL IBRAHIM
THE RECRUITMENT MANAGER
POTACON OIL AND GAS COMPANY,MALAYSIA

Attention: MR XXXXXXX

This is an Affirmation that your Experiences and Qualifications where found suitably qualified after much screening/verification of your cv for the requirements of (Potacon Oil & Gas company Malaysia),This document attached embodies the approved Terms for the purpose of this contract.

Now you have to make contacts with the ETUZY TRAVEL AGENCY signing and forwarding the sofy copy of the appointment letter to them via their EMAIL for the procurement/acquisition of your necessary traveling / permit papers.

SEE TRAVELING AGENCY CONTACTS BELOW

ETUZY TRAVELING AGENCY MALAYSIA
G-04, Straits Trading Building,
No.22, Lebuh Pasar Besar,
20020 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
CONTACT PERSON; MOHAMMED SULEMAN
TELEPHONE: +60103674569
TELE FAX: 060 7729 9588
Email: etuzytravelagency@hotmail.com

Note that any expenses incurred by you during the processing of your work permit papers with the above agency will be reimbursed back to you by the company after the process based on the employment policy here in Malaysia.

FOR MORE INQUIRIES / CLARIFICATIONS PLEASE CONTACT THE COMPANY HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER POTACON OIL AND GAS COMPANY WTH THE BELOW DETAILS;

POTACON OIL & GAS COMPANY MALAYSIA
CONTACT PERSON: ABUBAKA BUKI
PHONE NUMBER; +60149389359
EMAIL; humanresources.potaconoilandgas@live.com OR info@potaconoilmy.com
WEBSITE; www.potaconoilmy.com

Hoping to hear from you soonest.

Once again we said Congratulations !!!

Regards

Recruitment Manager,
IGBAL IBRAHIM
Ibm Recruitment Services

so beware of this one okay..
can you imagine how could a legit employer ask for the applicant to process work permit LOL's

Old 10-30-2012, 11:36 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Re: Potacon Oil And Gas Company Malaysia Scam

Thanks for posting up that information on a scam.

Making a scammer's scam googlable on every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find is a great way to slow that scammer down when a suspicious potential victim goes looking for information, finds your post containing the name the scammer is using, his email address, phone number and the emails themselves and then that potential victim does not become a scam victim because you took the time "get the word out".

Wasting a scammer's time legally and safely is called "scambaiting". If you google that word, you will find sites where you can read scambaits, post up the emails and email addresses of scammers, post up a fake website, read up on how to alert a hosting company that they are hosting a fake website, ask questions and learn all about the hobby of scambaiting.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 11-01-2012, 02:31 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meri Widow View Post
Thanks for posting up that information on a scam.

Making a scammer's scam googlable on every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find is a great way to slow that scammer down when a suspicious potential victim goes looking for information, finds your post containing the name the scammer is using, his email address, phone number and the emails themselves and then that potential victim does not become a scam victim because you took the time "get the word out".

Wasting a scammer's time legally and safely is called "scambaiting". If you google that word, you will find sites where you can read scambaits, post up the emails and email addresses of scammers, post up a fake website, read up on how to alert a hosting company that they are hosting a fake website, ask questions and learn all about the hobby of scambaiting.
I have received the similar, in fact same letters and wordings with extraordinary salary package. I was totally shocked to receive such offers with out any interview. Further surprising fact was when I made calls to both company and travel agency, they greeted me with same dialogues "how are you today?" As if they knew me for long and talking very friendly.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:12 AM
Newbie Member

additional info someone on yahoo answers googles the website of the company and to my surprise it is only about one week made. so crazy

here is the info of their website

Registrant:
Richard Nani +1.4062610681 +1.4062610681
franco Resources plc
300 Riverside Dr
alispell,MT,US 28013

Domain Name:potaconoilmy.com
Record last updated at
Record created on 10/24/2012 <-- look at it very funny just new website??

Record expired on 10/24/2013

Domain servers in listed order:
ns5.intra.com ns6.intra.com

Administrator:
name:(Richard Nani)
Email:() tel-- +1.4062610681
fax:(+1.4062610681)
franco Resources plc
300 Riverside Dr
alispell
MT,
US