report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-25-2012, 02:10 PM
lisan23's Avatar
lisan23 lisan23 is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,186
Plexus Slim

Let's see if it ****'s out any of the words.

Anyway, I ordered this as part of a Facebook group exchange. I got the 7 day trial which included the accelerator and I did something really stupid - I took it without researching it. Had I researched it I would have never taken the accelerator pill. Turns out that is has an ingredient they call GeneraX, but it's known name is DMAA. This stuff is basically legal speed. It's banned in Canada and cannot be sold on military bases. DMAA pills in their pure form are known as a party drug similar to taking speed and actually caused the death of a 21 year old. It can't be sold on military bases because it was found in the bodies of two soldiers who had suffered heart attacks and died while exercising. (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/03/bu...aths.html?_r=2)

The FDA is finally starting to look into it. However, I have seen ads popping up all over the place in Facebook groups I'm in (garage sale and trading/selling groups) claiming that Plexus Slim products have no stimulants and the typical claim that they help with all sorts of medical problems. It's really concerning since they use an ingredient that has been linked to several deaths and other health problems.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012...ary-ingredient

I'm about ready to start reporting the company for false advertisement due to the fact that one of their products contains a VERY questionable ingredient.


Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 06-27-2012, 03:22 PM
WorldCoffeeGuy's Avatar
WorldCoffeeGuy WorldCoffeeGuy is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6
Re: Plexus Slim

Please provide us a link that ties GeranaX (note correct spelling) with DMAA.

My own research tells me that GeranaX is a natural derivative of the geranium flower. It is a mind stimulant and appetite suppressant with a safety profile similar to caffeine. (Meaning jitters and other effect are possible similar to someone who is sensitive to or has too much coffee.)

Please provide me with a link that says this product is banned in Canada. I have been using Plexus products for six months now and my product arrives each month like clockwork. If Plexus contained any banned substances it should have been stopped at the border. Health Canada and Canada Customs are fairly anal about stuff like that.

Searches for Plexus on the FDA and FTC web sites have turned up nothing.

The Plexus Slim pink drink contains no stimulants. The Accelerator does. The official Plexus information is fairly clear about that.



Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Let's see if it ****'s out any of the words.

Anyway, I ordered this as part of a Facebook group exchange. I got the 7 day trial which included the accelerator and I did something really stupid - I took it without researching it. Had I researched it I would have never taken the accelerator pill. Turns out that is has an ingredient they call GeneraX, but it's known name is DMAA. This stuff is basically legal speed. It's banned in Canada and cannot be sold on military bases. DMAA pills in their pure form are known as a party drug similar to taking speed and actually caused the death of a 21 year old. It can't be sold on military bases because it was found in the bodies of two soldiers who had suffered heart attacks and died while exercising. (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/03/bu...aths.html?_r=2)

The FDA is finally starting to look into it. However, I have seen ads popping up all over the place in Facebook groups I'm in (garage sale and trading/selling groups) claiming that Plexus Slim products have no stimulants and the typical claim that they help with all sorts of medical problems. It's really concerning since they use an ingredient that has been linked to several deaths and other health problems.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012...ary-ingredient

I'm about ready to start reporting the company for false advertisement due to the fact that one of their products contains a VERY questionable ingredient.



Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 07-02-2012, 05:18 AM
lisan23's Avatar
lisan23 lisan23 is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,186
Re: Plexus Slim

http://hprc-online.org/dietary-suppl.../DMAA_List.pdf

Proof that genaraX is nothing more than a fancy name for DMAA.

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides...ient-dmaa-safe

Banned from Canada. The fact that they're selling it in Canada is concerning.

Maybe try researching a little harder next time?

Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 07-09-2012, 09:35 PM
WorldCoffeeGuy's Avatar
WorldCoffeeGuy WorldCoffeeGuy is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6
Re: Plexus Slim

I find it interesting that I can find only ONE reference that ties GeranaX and DMAA that does not bash a particular product. This is hardly clear scientific support. (One of the problems with the Internet is ANYONE can post something.)

So far nothing you have presented shows GeranaX and DMAA to be the same thing. (Both of these may be similar in the fact both are stimulants.)

There is nothing on the FDA.gov web site about GeranaX. Nor on the Health Canada web site.

You say you are ready to start reporting Plexus due to false advertising. So why haven't you?

Have you tried to get a refund?

Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 07-10-2012, 11:48 PM
lisan23's Avatar
lisan23 lisan23 is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,186
Re: Plexus Slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldCoffeeGuy View Post
I find it interesting that I can find only ONE reference that ties GeranaX and DMAA that does not bash a particular product. This is hardly clear scientific support. (One of the problems with the Internet is ANYONE can post something.)
Google "What is GeranaX" and you will find more than one reference that ties GeranaX and DMAA together. The technical name for DMAA is methylhexanamine, each company that uses DMAA in their supplements has been trademarking their own word for it, usually using the word "geranium" as a base for the word as DMAA's origins are from the geranium plant.

Quote:
So far nothing you have presented shows GeranaX and DMAA to be the same thing. (Both of these may be similar in the fact both are stimulants.)

There is nothing on the FDA.gov web site about GeranaX. Nor on the Health Canada web site.

You say you are ready to start reporting Plexus due to false advertising. So why haven't you?

Have you tried to get a refund?
Actually, I've proven my point. I can't force you to believe facts, if you choose to remain willfully ignorant that is your choice and there is nothing I can do to change that.

And again, GeranaX is a made up word for DMAA. You won't find anything about it anywhere other than Plexus Slim because they made it up. Literally.

I've been on vacation so that's why I haven't been doing much as far as reporting them or actively doing anything against them at this point.

Oh btw, don't know if you know this or not but taking the accelerator can make you test positive for amphetamines.

Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 07-16-2012, 07:16 AM
WorldCoffeeGuy's Avatar
WorldCoffeeGuy WorldCoffeeGuy is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6
Re: Plexus Slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Oh btw, don't know if you know this or not but taking the accelerator can make you test positive for amphetamines.
Absolutely. This is called a false positive.

http://plexusworldwide.helpserve.com...in-a-drug-test

Did you know that certain cold medications can also cause the same false positive?

Also...

DMAA is a man-made synthetic substance made in a lab. GeranaX is natural. So not the same thing.


Last edited by WorldCoffeeGuy : 07-16-2012 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Added info for clarification
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 07-16-2012, 10:08 AM
Once Upon a Time Once Upon a Time is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,652
Re: Plexus Slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldCoffeeGuy View Post
Absolutely. This is called a false positive.
Did you know that certain cold medications can also cause the same false positive?
Also...
DMAA is a man-made synthetic substance made in a lab. GeranaX is natural. So not the same thing.
Crying to the judge that it's a 'false positive' won't lower your bail.

Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 07-16-2012, 12:12 PM
lisan23's Avatar
lisan23 lisan23 is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,186
Re: Plexus Slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldCoffeeGuy View Post
Absolutely. This is called a false positive.

http://plexusworldwide.helpserve.com...in-a-drug-test

Did you know that certain cold medications can also cause the same false positive?
There's a reason cold medications test as a false positive, it's because the ingredients do have minimal amounts of stimulants in them. I can't tell you how many times I've seen Plexus Slim reps claim that it doesn't have any stimulants... that's FALSE.

Quote:
Also...

DMAA is a man-made synthetic substance made in a lab. GeranaX is natural. So not the same thing.
DMAA is the synthetic version of geranium extract. I've called their customer service twice now trying to get the scientific name for GeranaX because, as I stated before, it's a made up word. They keep telling me they'll e-mail me more information on it, but they haven't. I'm going to call again tomorrow and state that I need answers over the phone. I find it incredibly shady that I can't get a straight answer from them over the phone though.

Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 07-19-2012, 01:07 PM
WorldCoffeeGuy's Avatar
WorldCoffeeGuy WorldCoffeeGuy is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6
Re: Plexus Slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
There's a reason cold medications test as a false positive, it's because the ingredients do have minimal amounts of stimulants in them. I can't tell you how many times I've seen Plexus Slim reps claim that it doesn't have any stimulants... that's FALSE.
Plexus Slim, the pink drink, does not contain any stimulants.

It is Plexus Accelerator, an optional part of the program, that contains stimulants.

For some this leads to misunderstanding. Let's stick to what the COMPANY is telling us.


Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
DMAA is the synthetic version of geranium extract. I've called their customer service twice now trying to get the scientific name for GeranaX because, as I stated before, it's a made up word. They keep telling me they'll e-mail me more information on it, but they haven't. I'm going to call again tomorrow and state that I need answers over the phone. I find it incredibly shady that I can't get a straight answer from them over the phone though.
Geranium extract IS the scientific name for the natural product also known as GeranaX.

As I said, DMAA is synthetic; GeranaX is not. Therefore DMAA and GeranaX are not the same thing. Therefore your alleged safety concerns are invalid.

There is no such thing as a synthetic product that is the identical to a natural product.

Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 07-19-2012, 01:50 PM
lisan23's Avatar
lisan23 lisan23 is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,186
Re: Plexus Slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldCoffeeGuy View Post
Plexus Slim, the pink drink, does not contain any stimulants.

It is Plexus Accelerator, an optional part of the program, that contains stimulants.

For some this leads to misunderstanding. Let's stick to what the COMPANY is telling us.
Fine, they're not telling me ANYTHING I ask them for. I called again and they still will not provide me with any information on what GeranaX actually is besides a "geranium extract".




Quote:
Geranium extract IS the scientific name for the natural product also known as GeranaX.

As I said, DMAA is synthetic; GeranaX is not. Therefore DMAA and GeranaX are not the same thing. Therefore your alleged safety concerns are invalid.

There is no such thing as a synthetic product that is the identical to a natural product.
Ugh. Things have scientific names. For instance, the scientific name for geranium is not geranium but pelargonium x hortorum. (http://www.pssc.ttu.edu/techhort/pla...m/geranium.htm)

There a TONS of synthetic products that are based of natural products. For instance, synthetic marijuana.

YOUR lack of knowledge regarding science does not make you right.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=of...w=1360&bih=643

That's a search on synthetic geranium oil extract. Like I said... you're ignorance doesn't make you right.

Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 07-23-2012, 12:47 AM
WorldCoffeeGuy's Avatar
WorldCoffeeGuy WorldCoffeeGuy is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6
Re: Plexus Slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Fine, they're not telling me ANYTHING I ask them for. I called again and they still will not provide me with any information on what GeranaX actually is besides a "geranium extract".
GeranaX is natural geranium extract. Extract of a geranium plant. Nothing more. Nothing less.


Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Ugh. Things have scientific names. For instance, the scientific name for geranium is not geranium but pelargonium x hortorum. (http://www.pssc.ttu.edu/techhort/pla...m/geranium.htm)
So what's your point?


Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=of...w=1360&bih=643

That's a search on synthetic geranium oil extract. Like I said... you're ignorance doesn't make you right.
Okay. So fake [synthetic] geranium is raising flags. I get that. Big deal.

GeranaX is natural. Not synthetic. And, as I have explained above, not the same thing.

Nothing synthetic is identical to what is found in nature. Problems found with the fake [synthetic] substance do not apply.

Find me an article from a reliable peer reviewed source that indicates this kind of problem with NATURAL geranium extract and we can talk.

Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 07-23-2012, 12:33 PM
lisan23's Avatar
lisan23 lisan23 is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,186
Re: Plexus Slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldCoffeeGuy View Post
GeranaX is natural geranium extract. Extract of a geranium plant. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Nothing I have received from Plexus Slim thus far including the actual product or their website states that GeranaX is the natural extract. That is an assumption on your part.



Quote:
So what's your point?
That your claim that "geranium extract" is a scientific name is wrong.

Quote:
Okay. So fake [synthetic] geranium is raising flags. I get that. Big deal.

GeranaX is natural. Not synthetic. And, as I have explained above, not the same thing.
Says who? You? Because Plexus Slim certainly has not stated that it's natural, not synthetic.

Quote:
Nothing synthetic is identical to what is found in nature. Problems found with the fake [synthetic] substance do not apply./
Except that your claim that GeranaX is natural is completely unfounded.

Quote:
Find me an article from a reliable peer reviewed source that indicates this kind of problem with NATURAL geranium extract and we can talk.
I'm hold with their customer service for the 4th time and am determined to get an answer. I'll get it straight from the horse's mouth. :)

LOL just got off the phone with them. They have NO IDEA what they're making. I asked for a scientific name, they couldn't give me one. I asked if it was synthetic or natural, they stated natural so then I asked what the scientific name was if it's the natural version of the geranium extract (as it would have a scientific name). She couldn't give me one and stated that they had created this ingredient on their own so it had no scientific name. I then asked for the NDI information as any new ingredient being put into supplements has to have an NDI from the FDA and she was absolutely clueless about what I was talking about. Additionally, she admitted that they created this ingredient in a lab so there's a pretty strong change that it is indeed synthetic. That's, of course, if she knew what she was talking about. She seemed fairly flustered and didn't sound at all confident in her answers... almost as if she was guessing.

Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 07-28-2012, 10:33 PM
WorldCoffeeGuy's Avatar
WorldCoffeeGuy WorldCoffeeGuy is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6
Re: Plexus Slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Nothing I have received from Plexus Slim thus far including the actual product or their website states that GeranaX is the natural extract. That is an assumption on your part.
"GeranaX" means natural geranium extract. We've discussed this already.

http://www.plexusworldwide.com/products/

Last paragraph. First sentence. What part of "all-natural" don't you understand?


Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Except that your claim that GeranaX is natural is completely unfounded.
Why do you say that? Links please.

The Plexus Worldwide web site clearly states all-natural. If you feel they are lying, I suggest you contact the FTC. Maybe they will believe you. I certainly do not.

Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 09-08-2012, 11:06 PM
WebTizing WebTizing is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 14
Re: Plexus Slim

I find people get the Plexus Slim and Plexus Accelerator mixed up when they talk about the products. It's like they refer to Plexus Slim as the only weight loss product that Plexus Worldwide has when in fact they really have two products. The Plexus Slim drink or "The Pink Drink" was the first weight loss product and the Accelerator came along in 2011. The Accelerator capsule is now catching on very well and a lot of people use it by itself for weight loss. I'm a believer in the original product the Slim Pink Drink and to only take the Accelerator for a month or two but don't take it long term. That is just how I take it. I've lost 30 lbs on the products. I'm now taking the Accelerator again after a 3 month rest. I can't exercise due to physical limitations so the Accelerator does boost my metabolism and gives me extra energy. Until you have tried to lose weight and nothing worked do you actually appreciate what these products can do.

By the way,,,Plexus Slim is all natural.
I could not resist.
__________________
Welcome to Bill's Opportunity where dreams are under construction.

Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 09-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Once Upon a Time Once Upon a Time is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,652
Re: Plexus Slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebTizing View Post
I find people get the Plexus Slim and Plexus Accelerator mixed up when they talk about the products. It's like they refer to Plexus Slim as the only weight loss product that Plexus Worldwide has when in fact they really have two products. The Plexus Slim drink or "The Pink Drink" was the first weight loss product and the Accelerator came along in 2011. The Accelerator capsule is now catching on very well and a lot of people use it by itself for weight loss. I'm a believer in the original product the Slim Pink Drink and to only take the Accelerator for a month or two but don't take it long term. That is just how I take it. I've lost 30 lbs on the products. I'm now taking the Accelerator again after a 3 month rest. I can't exercise due to physical limitations so the Accelerator does boost my metabolism and gives me extra energy. Until you have tried to lose weight and nothing worked do you actually appreciate what these products can do.
By the way,,,Plexus Slim is all natural.
I could not resist.
Are plexus slim and your pretend diet weight loss coffee the same thing?

Are you still 'retired'? Or did you unretire so you could specifically talk new suckers into your MLM scams?


Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wela Slim Berry Slimberry MLM Scams 33 06-07-2011 06:47 AM
Acai slim Amby Business Scams 6 01-15-2011 01:42 PM
CarranZa Slim jg1417 Mail Order Scams 41 02-01-2010 04:56 PM
slim body coach Nyke Internet Scams 5 05-06-2009 06:52 AM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Scam.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the Userís own risk. Neither Scam.com nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Just because a business, person, or entity is listed on scam.com does not necessarily constitute they are scammers. This is a free open forum where people can debate the merits from the consumer's or business owner's perspective. Registration and participation is always FREE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 PM.




Scam.com Is Proudly Hosted By Rackco and Protected By CloudFlare


Scams Message Board - Copyright 2004-2013 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved.