report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Corporate Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Newbie Member

Re: Freelancer.com is a SCAM company!

i have some amount in balance
20% earned and 80 % deposited
canceled billing agreement

now i want to safe my self although the amount is not so BIG it is between 250$ however 1 penny hard earned is worth

so any suggestion how can i safe myself from being one of complaint writer here

Old 04-30-2012, 02:07 AM
Newbie Member

Hi user2690,

I'm Emir from Freelancer.com. I came across your post and I'd like to help. To help you better understand and utilize Freelancer.com services, I'd like you invite you to visit our FAQ at http://www.freelancer.com/faq/view.php. You'll find information on account verification, Milestone payments, Employer and Freelancer tips and more. If you have problems with your account, please send email to customer-support@freelancer.com and we'll get back to you.

Also, we would like to assure everyone that Freelancer.com is not a scam and we do not operate to defraud people of their money. The site has over 3.3 millions users worldwide and have paid out over $120,000,000 to freelancers around the world. We at Freelancer.com have an obligation to conduct our business in accordance with all applicable rules, regulations or laws. Violations of our Code of Conduct and our policies or procedures will result in disciplinary action, up to and including account termination. Our Terms of Service can be found in the footer of our site (http://www.freelancer.com/page.php?p=info/terms)

If you have any specific issues, we'd like to invite you to create a support ticket through http://www.freelancer.com/report/contact.php.

Thank you very much.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:11 AM
Newbie Member

Hi user2690,

I'm Emir from Freelancer.com. I came across your post and I'd like to help. To help you better understand and utilize Freelancer.com services, I'd like you invite you to visit our FAQ at http://www.freelancer.com/faq/view.php. You'll find information on account verification, Milestone payments, Employer and Freelancer tips and more. If you have problems with your account, please send email customer-support@freelancer.com and we'll get back to you.

Also, we would like to assure everyone that Freelancer.com is not a scam and we do not operate to defraud people of their money. The site has over 3.3 millions users worldwide and have paid out over $120,000,000 to freelancers around the world. We at Freelancer.com have an obligation to conduct our business in accordance with all applicable rules, regulations or laws. Violations of our Code of Conduct and of our policies or procedures will result in disciplinary action, up to and including account termination. Our Terms of Service can be found in the footer of our site (http://www.freelancer.com/page.php?p=info/terms)

If you have any specific issues, we'd like to invite you to create a support ticket through http://www.freelancer.com/report/contact.php.

Thank you very much.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:19 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by user2690 View Post

now i want to safe my self although the amount is not so BIG it is between 250$ however 1 penny hard earned is worth

Hi user2690,

I'm Emir from Freelancer.com. I came across your post and I'd like to help. To help you better understand and utilize Freelancer.com services, I'd like you invite you to visit our FAQ at http://www.freelancer.com/faq/view.php. You'll find information on account verification, Milestone payments, Employer and Freelancer tips and more. If you have problems with your account, please send email to customer-support@freelancer.com and we'll get back to you.

Also, we would like to assure everyone that Freelancer.com is not a scam and we do not operate to defraud people of their money. The site has over 3.3 millions users worldwide and have paid out over $120,000,000 to freelancers around the world. We at Freelancer.com have an obligation to conduct our business in accordance with all applicable rules, regulations or laws. Violations of our Code of Conduct and our policies or procedures will result in disciplinary action, up to and including account termination. Our Terms of Service can be found in the footer of our site (http://www.freelancer.com/page.php?p=info/terms)

Thank you very much.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:49 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by user2690 View Post

Also, we would like to assure everyone that Freelancer.com is not a scam and we do not operate to defraud people of their money. The site has over 3.3 millions users worldwide and have paid out over $120,000,000 to freelancers around the world. We at Freelancer have an obligation to conduct our business in accordance with all applicable rules, regulations or laws. Violations of our Code of Conduct and of our policies or procedures will result in disciplinary action, up to and including account termination. Our Terms of Service can be found in the footer of our site (http://www.freelancer.com/page.php?p=info/terms)

Thank you very much.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:16 AM
Newbie Member

emir Thank you very much
actually yes you are not Fraud but you are too much confusing like
1: if i post a project later i decide to cancel what will i do ? on freelancer.com the option is DELETE which will cost me 5$ with a conman sense no one will chose close when there are two options to chose Close and Delete
2:for identity verification bank statement, utility bill or ID card is enough Why "Hold a paper with written verification code" to verify you can send postal mail that's enough
3: if employer hires a worker and cancel before completion why you don't return charged commission/fee to worker

4: deposited funds go to Balance
supposei have earned 30$ and have deposited 50$ now i try to withdraw 35$
30$ are earned and 5$ are deposited whats going to happen ? i am going to fall in hell with unnecessary wait and late

i know your Answer will be we don't answer some questions publicly create a support ticket

i myself run a crowdsouurcing network at desklancer and i don't hesitate to answer any question and with a big business why you don't

What is the purpose of Featured premium and basic job posting ?

Old 05-14-2012, 04:23 PM
Newbie Member

I've been a user of this site since 2006, back when it was called getafreelancer.com, I've been working on and off the site along the years without much issue.

The problem started with my last project, I was selected as a provider for a project and I started working on it, as it was a big and long project, we agreed with the employer to use freelancer.com's milestone system and to divide the project in a set of goals, we started the project and paid all the site's fees.
As I finished each goal the employer paid diligently, and after about two months a certain amount of money started to accumulate in the account, in the number of a few thousand dollars.

I didn't have the need to withdraw at the time but the day came when I wanted to make a withdrawal of about one thousand dollars. I got an e-mail from freelancer.com that said that my account had been suspended, with no explanation as to what could be the reason or any previous warning other than saying it was for "security reasons", which were not detailed.

I checked and I found out that I couldn't access my account, nor my money. I just got a sign that said in big red letters "Account suspended". I only had access to the ticket support system. I opened a ticket to ask about this situation and as a reply they asked me to send a scanned copy of a government issued ID.
I did that and they asked me again for a picture of me holding my ID in one hand a secret code written in a piece of paper in the other. I did it too.

Then they began to ask questions, they asked me if I had a previous business relationship with the employer, which I didn't, if we lived in the same area, which we don't, and what was the project about and a detailed description. I diligently answered all of their questions but they kept asking insidiously how did I manage to contact the employer directly. It's in their TOS that once you're awarded a project you get the direct contact details of the employer. So the questioning was ridiculous.

In the meantime my employer account had also been suspended. I told them that I was in contact with the employer and that he was very upset and was going to issue a chargeback.
Then they apparently got nervous and my account was re-activated "magically". BUT, when I try to withdraw money, by means of creating a withdrawal request on the site, which, by the way, takes quite some time to process, after a few days each and everyone of my requests gets cancelled.
When I ask what this is about, they tell me that it's because my employer hasn't veryfied his identity.
It looks like they just want to withhold my money and prevent me from getting it with all kinds of excuses, requisites and questioning.

Why didn't they ask for all this BEFORE the employer started the project and why in all the 6 years I've been using the site they'd never had an issue or asked for any of this?
I asked the employer and he says he's already sent documentation to them and that he doesn't feel like sending any more ID's, and that he doesn't trust the site.
Do they have the right to hold on to funds like that? Their TOS keeps saying that they're just a "venue" and that they're not liable for anything, but when it comes to money they do feel like they own it and they won't release it because they're supposedly concerned about "security".

I hope something can be done to make this company pay, I'm a hard worker and I need the money which I earned through my own efforts. I wish I could get contacted with people who's also been affected by this company and do something together against it. Please contact me.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:41 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I've been viewing different posts about freelancer being a scam company. I've also been a victim of their weird policies like

'you cannot hire a person from your own area on freelancer'

'you have to create a new project for a freelancer every time you work with him or her' - even for repetitive projects like writing SEO articles, yet they provide an option to make payments for OTHER reasons.

I think I've found out the reason why they have such weird policies. But i'll never excuse their cowboy practices no matter whom they deal with. This is a story I just found online of someone who's used their system to withdraw money from people's bank accounts, create fake projects, award him/herself the projects earning perfect returns.

Here is the link to the post

The post is password locked. Find the password here

Old 05-15-2012, 09:58 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts2001 View Post
As promised now goes my next story which is still not finished.

Recently I placed a withdrawal request and the other day I didn't see it. I thought it was a glitch so placed another one. But after 2 days it disappeared too. So did the next one until I emailed to the support and they answered:

So they removed my withdrawal without even notifying me and explaining the reason its was done and would keep doing so if I not contact them.

And well, the reason was they suspect my buyer to make a fraudulent deposit. It appears that according to their terms & conditions:

(I checked their Terms & Conditions and it really says so)

How genius! They scapegoat freelancers for fraud deposits made by customers they don't even know in person. Isn't that a Freelancer.com business to verify deposits they receive?

As I have other customers with ongoing projects I asked them literally:

And here the answer:

They? How can you say "they" about one person?
But away from grammar, do you believe this really answers my question? Either I or them lost the meaning of "other" word. I thought "other" means "not this one" but I could be wrong))))) Who knows what does it mean for freelancer.com staff?

I tried to remind them what the word "other" means in our World but didn't receive a response in few days. Why I'm not surprised?
So I'm still not sure if I can receive money from other clients or not while this "investigation" goes. But something makes me sure freelancer.com will steal them as well so I prefer not to risk with it anymore. Lesson learned and I paid enough for it with my time and money.

If this is not scam then maybe "feudalism" is better word?

Its true, some of the support staff never read what you write to them. My best guess is that they are paid by the number of replies made. Otherwise how do they overlook such important info? in my case it was worse. They had requested for the photo of me holding my ID and a code. i did but they said it did not pass their standards. I submitted a different document. the same answer. So i asked if i could resubmit the first document with a higher resolution because those were the only government issued documents i had. They said no, i just send them a utility bill instead. Of course that one passed their 'standards' but i was told to submit an ID. I repeated my answer that if i was to send an ID, it would be the same one i had sent earlier. Apparently, the person sending me the reply had not checked the entire case because once i gave him this information he apologized then surprisingly asked for a photo with a new utility bill. This time i told him i would only send one if he was sure it was the last one. I got a prompt reply it would be but it was not. I had to send the photo holding a bill one more time before they restored my account

Old 05-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Newbie Member

If you are not a scam company, and comply with all laws and have an ethical operation,

Why do you charge a .30 cent fee and a 2.3% fee taken for the use of Paypal, Mastercard, Visa and American Express, when these fees are a violation of the terms of service for your Merchant account with these providers?

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc.../terms-outside

User Agreement for PayPal™ Service

No Surcharges. Under Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express regulations and the laws of several states, including California, merchants may not charge a fee to the buyer for accepting credit card payments (often called a "surcharge"). You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as payment. This restriction does not prevent you from imposing a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge (in other words, the handling fee for transactions paid through PayPal may not be higher than the handling fee for transactions paid through other payment methods). Nor does this restriction apply to Pound-denominated transactions by sellers residing in the United Kingdom listing items for sale on a UK-based website.

I look forward to a response.
scam.jpg
Attached Images

Last edited by Markham : 05-15-2012 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Additional information

Old 05-17-2012, 09:08 PM
Newbie Member

Re: Freelancer blocks 1600$, gets idcards, keeps m

Hi, I've had a very similar issue as yours with freelancer.com, this is my post
please contact me at epsurv at g mail dot com
I want to organize something big against them

Old 05-17-2012, 09:18 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esolution View Post

I think I've found out the reason why they have such weird policies. But i'll never excuse their cowboy practices no matter whom they deal with. This is a story I just found online of someone who's used their system to withdraw money from people's bank accounts, create fake projects, award him/herself the projects earning perfect returns.
I understand and I've thought about this too, but do we all have to pay just because a few jerks do fraudulent activities?
From the outside it just looks as if they just want to keep the money. I'm a provider in the site since 2006 and I have a lot of good reviews (not perfect but good), each review is from a different client, it's clear that I'm not doing fraud!

How do other sites do it? and why they don't have so many complaints? Why this was not an issue when it was getafreelancer run by the swedish?

I think we should do something about this and if all the people affected join forces we can do something big.
I will try to do something on my own, but if you want to join with me contact me at epsurv at gmail dot com.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:01 AM
Newbie Member

Hi Mycoplasma,

My name is Emir and I work for Freelancer.com. I came across your post here. We are sorry that you had a bad experience, we would like to help and we have looked into your case for you.

We understand that you went through the account verification procedures. We’d like to assure that this Freelancer.com procedure is in place to verify the user's identity and to create a safe environment for freelancers and employers. Freelancer.com will not disclose sensitive information unless to comply to legal obligations or with your express consent.

As you discussed the employer has raised a chargeback for the funds that were associated with this project, these funds are now frozen on Freelancer.com, and there is an investigation being conducted into the reason for these chargebacks.

We will contact you via email to ensure you are kept up to date with the progress of this investigation.

Thank you very much.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:01 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emir@freelancercom View Post
Hi Mycoplasma,

My name is Emir and I work for Freelancer.com. I came across your post here. We are sorry that you had a bad experience, we would like to help and we have looked into your case for you.

We understand that you went through the account verification procedures. We’d like to assure that this Freelancer.com procedure is in place to verify the user's identity and to create a safe environment for freelancers and employers. Freelancer.com will not disclose sensitive information unless to comply to legal obligations or with your express consent.

As you discussed the employer has raised a chargeback for the funds that were associated with this project, these funds are now frozen on Freelancer.com, and there is an investigation being conducted into the reason for these chargebacks.

We will contact you via email to ensure you are kept up to date with the progress of this investigation.

Thank you very much.
There is not much to investigate really. My employer issued a chargeback because he was upset about this and since you were suspending our accounts for about 2 weeks or more, I suggested he should do it in order to reclaim some of the money back so he can pay me by other means.
I got 4 payments from him deposited on the site, out of these 4 payments, only the last one is being disputed, because the other ones have been done more than 45 days ago, and paypal doesn't allow disputes for payments done after more than 45 days.
What happens with the money from the other 3 payments? You don't let me withdraw that either.
So please reimburse all the money to my employer so he can pay me by other means.

Last edited by mycoplasma : 05-18-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:40 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emir@freelancercom View Post
Hi Mycoplasma,

Thank you very much.

Emir, Can you respond to the illegal Paypal, Mastercard, Visa and American Express fees?

Somehow you seem to avoid this post.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markham View Post
Emir, Can you respond to the illegal Paypal, Mastercard, Visa and American Express fees?

Somehow you seem to avoid this post.

you're right, back when it was getafreelancer.com paypal deposits were absolutely free.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:16 AM
Newbie Member

i worked on a project and got paid
got hired for second one and employer cancel it before i started work on it but they did not return deducted fee it was $10 (a big amount for me as i worked to get them) of 1st project

i ask them to return but they don't
human kill human to save human
no one cane win case against them in any court because of "TOS"
so get your money back doing this as i did

pick projects from other sources
get it done on freelancer for free "award project but do not pay"
kill human to save human

Old 05-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Newbie Member

People who's been scammed by freelancer.com please contact me at epsurv at gmail dot com so we can do something together