report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Re: Boat Rental Scam, Yacht Charter Scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldog007 View Post
Hi Kusadasicruise
I receive an average of 15 to 20 boat rental scams by email, per annum...
Making a scammer's scam googlable on every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find is a great way to slow that scammer down when a suspicious potential victim goes looking for information, finds your post containing the name the scammer is using, his email address, phone number and the emails themselves and then that potential victim does not become a scam victim because you took the time "get the word out".

Wasting a scammer's time legally and safely is called "scambaiting". If you google that word, you will find sites where you can read scambaits, post up the emails and email addresses of scammers, post up a fake website, read up on how to alert a hosting company that they are hosting a fake website, ask questions and learn all about the hobby of scambaiting.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 11-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Newbie Member

Thanks for your feedback Meri Widow
By the way, I just received a new scam:

From Frank Smith: franksmith2227@yahoo.es

Dear sir, I and my group of 3 marine scientists from Greece wish to engage in 1 week Eco-research tour within your sailing location The eco-research tour will also involve fishing and site integration of your location. I would therefore wish to charter your boat for my group for the purpose already mentioned above. It should be a boat of about 5 persons capacity with space for skipper and the booking will be for 1 week in the month of December as stated below: Date of booking: 9th December - 14th December 2011. Number of boat: 1 Number of person: 4 persons + skipper Number of week: 1 week Type of boat: Either Sailing Boat or Motor boat or Cataraman Size of boat: At least 3 Cabins or 6 persons capacity boat. Get back to me on the charter with the confirmation of total cost of charter for the period. Note: We shall also need the service of a captain or skipper that speak and understand English. So, clearly state the cost of the captain per day service. Regards, Dr. Frank Smith VTT CHAM AVENTURE UK Tel: +447024063777 Fax: +448447748760

Old 11-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:

From Frank Smith: franksmith2227@yahoo.es and

Dear sir, I and my group of 3 marine scientists from Greece wish to engage in 1 week Eco-research tour within your sailing location The eco-research tour will also involve fishing and site integration of your location. I would therefore wish to charter your boat for my group for the purpose already mentioned above. It should be a boat of about 5 persons capacity with space for skipper and the booking will be for 1 week in the month of December as stated below: Date of booking: 9th December - 14th December 2011. Number of boat: 1 Number of person: 4 persons + skipper Number of week: 1 ...0
This scammer also uses franksmith2284@yahoo.es

Old 11-09-2011, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Thanks for posting up the information from that scammer. Making a scammer's scam googlable on every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find is a great way to slow that scammer down when a suspicious potential victim goes looking for information, finds your post and then that potential victim does not become a scam victim because you took the time "get the word out".

Thanks!!

Old 11-09-2011, 05:46 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Unfortunately it is a scam, we received the same e mail and have replyed in a not friendly manner, eaven useless. At least, the scammer will not have a nice dinner thinking about our words.
BTW, great side. Will advise about a other swindler in the Costa del Sol, having scammed quite some people, also us.
Ronny

Quote:

From Frank Smith: franksmith2227@yahoo.es

Dear sir, I and my group of 3 marine scientists from Greece wish to engage in 1 week Eco-research tour within your sailing location The eco-research tour will also involve fishing and site integration of your location. I would therefore wish to charter your boat for my group for the purpose already mentioned above. It should be a boat of about 5 persons capacity with space for skipper and the booking will be for 1 week in the month of December as stated below: Date of booking: 9th December - 14th December 2011. Number of boat: 1 Number of person: 4 persons + skipper Number of week: 1 week Type of boat: Either Sailing Boat or Motor boat or Cataraman Size of boat: At least 3 Cabins or 6 persons capacity boat. Get back to me on the charter with the confirmation of total cost of charter for the period. Note: We shall also need the service of a captain or skipper that speak and understand English. So, clearly state the cost of the captain per day service. Regards, Dr. Frank Smith VTT CHAM AVENTURE UK Tel: +447024063777 Fax: +448447748760

Old 11-09-2011, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny Active View Post
Unfortunately it is a scam, we received the same e mail and have replyed in a not friendly manner, eaven useless. At least, the scammer will not have a nice dinner thinking about our words.
Wasting a scammer's time legally and safely is called "scambaiting". If you google that word, you will find sites where you can read scambaits, post up the emails and email addresses of scammers, post up a fake website, read up on how to alert a hosting company that they are hosting a fake website, ask questions and learn all about the hobby of scambaiting.

Quote:
BTW, great side. Will advise about a other swindler in the Costa del Sol, having scammed quite some people, also us.
Ronny
Definitely, the more posts there are about a scam, the less the chance someone will fall for it. Thanks!!

Old 11-09-2011, 06:35 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Add another attempt to the list for this one;

Dear sir,

I and my group of 3 marine scientists from Greece wish to engage in 1 week Eco-research tour within
your sailing location The eco-research tour will also involve fishing and site integration of your location.
I would therefore wish to charter your boat for my group for the purpose already mentioned above.
It should be a boat of about 4 persons capacity with space for skipper and the booking will be for 1 week in
the month of December as stated below:

Date of booking: 9th December - 14th December 2011.
Number of boat: 1
Number of person: 4 persons + skipper
Number of week: 1 week
Type of boat: Either Sailing Boat or Motor boat or Cataraman Size of boat: At least 3 Cabins or 6 persons capacity boat.

Get back to me on the charter with the confirmation of total cost of charter for the period.
Note: We shall also need the service of a captain or skipper that speak and understand English.
So, clearly state the cost of the captain per day service.

Regards,
Dr. Frank Smith
VTT CHAM AVENTURE UK
Tel: +447024063777
Fax: +448447748760

Old 02-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Newbie Member

Another one from Lagos Nigeria

From: ALEX SCOTT Email Address: alexscottsinc@gmail.com Subject: YACHT CHARTER Message: I need charter services in March.....alexscottsinc@gmail.com IP address: 41.138.181.30 (41.138.181.30)

Old 05-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Newbie Member

Another one...
Email: martin.almazenimport@live.com

Dear

kindly get back to me if still have availability from 22nd June to 5th July,2012. i wish to make a reservation for 9 persons.

Arrival Date: 22nd June,2012.

Departure Date:5th July,2012.

No. OF People: 9 persons

i wait your swift response as you check the total in euro and get back to me asap.

Thanks

Best Regards
Mr.Martin Lombardini
BHP Billiton HR Dept
Tema,Acrra
Ghana.
pls mail to: martin.almazenimport@live.com

Old 08-07-2012, 01:17 AM
Newbie Member

FROM Anderson Miller and2020y@gmail.com

Hello,

Do you have boat available for booking from 21st to 27th
October,2012.The number of guest to expect is 4 people.

Get back to me if you have opening for reservation during my stated date.
Warm Regards,
Anderson Miller
21 St. Vincent Street
Glasgow
G2 5NW
Scotland
+447035928032

Old 10-22-2012, 02:42 AM
Newbie Member

Boat rental yacht charter scam

Here is another one:

Hello,

Do you have boat available for booking from 14th to 20th
April,2013.The number of guest to expect is 4 people.

Get back to me if you have opening for reservation during my stated date.

Warm Regards,
Kelvin Coleman
7 St. Vincent Street Glasgow
G2 5NW
Scotland
+447035928032

Old 06-10-2013, 03:40 AM
Newbie Member

Yacht charter, boat rental scam Sean Pennington

From Sean Pennington - seanpeninngton@gmail.com

Greetings
I hope this email meets you in good health and spirits.
My name is Mr. Sean Peninngton from Wild Life Research Institute here in the UK. I would be in the country for a business negotiation thereafter my team and I will like you to arrange a week tour on a yacht. The yacht would be needed during the following dates

14th – 19th of July, 2013.

Yacht Spec: Catamarans, Motor or Sailing

Payment method: Credit card. I hope you have the facility to accept credit card payments.

Kindly email me if you have availability on those dates; also inform me of the sailing regions.

Total number of people: 10

Kindly confirm this booking with the yacht details and total cost for the specified days. All itineraries would be forwarded to you 1 week before our arrival. This is to enable us confirm all details from the agent handling the accommodation and venue logistics on our behalf.

Best regards

Sean Peninngton
(DIRECTOR)

11th Floor
The McLaren Building
35 Dale End
Birmingham
United Kingdom
B4 7LN

Old 06-29-2013, 12:55 PM
Newbie Member

Yacht charter scam, boat rental scam

Sean Peninngton

Greetings

I hope this email meets you in good health and spirits.

My name is Mr. Sean Peninngton from Wild Life Research Institute here in the UK. I would be in the country for a business negotiation thereafter my team and I will like you to arrange a 4-day tour on a yacht. The yacht would be needed during the following dates

5th - 9th of August, 2013.

Yacht Spec: Catamarans, Motor or Sailing

Payment method: Credit card. I hope you have the facility to accept credit card payments.

Kindly email me if you have availability on those dates; also inform me of the sailing regions.

Total number of people: 8

Kindly confirm this booking with the yacht details and total cost for the specified days. All itineraries would be forwarded to you 1 week before our arrival. This is to enable us confirm all details from the agent handling the accommodation and venue logistics on our behalf.

Best regards

Sean Peninngton

(DIRECTOR)

11th Floor

The McLaren Building

35 Dale End

Birmingham

United Kingdom

B4 7LN

Old 07-19-2013, 08:18 AM
Newbie Member

yacht charter scam, boat rental scam, yacht hire scam

Hello,
Kindly confirm availability for 3 guests charter reservation.
Using below info.
DURATION: 7DAYS
ARRIVAL DATE: 7TH-14TH SEPTEMBER.
YACHT TYPE: MOTOR YACHT WITH 3 CABINS.
They need the services of a skipper and a stewardess.
Let me know your cruise destinations, the available yacht for the date and total cost for the one week.
Regards,
William Goggins