report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2012, 06:06 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Sotaelectronic.com Is A Scam!

I recently took a look at a site called cameragps.co.uk After finding out that it was a scam site and that many people had been scammed out of their money by this Chinese wholesaling site I left the site looking for other chinese wholesalers who could do honest business.

I stumbled upon a new site called sotaelectronic.com and was beguiled by the low prices on some of the same hot selling products I had been looking for. After looking through their site further I found that much of it was exactly like the cameragps.co.uk site I had been on earlier. The help menu was exactly the same the line at the bottom of the home page was an exact match, the security certificate images at the bottom the home page were the same images leading no where.

The Paypal option is not functional as a payment method.. which is typical of Chinese scam sites. All of the contact information is dead and leads no where.

Then I went back to cameragps.co.uk and the site has been taken down. BEWARE!!! They have replaced their old site with a new one. They are stealing money and giving nothing in return. If you are concerned about whether or not to give it a try and believe me it is enticing... DONT! Search google and scams.com for info on cameragps.co.uk and beware.. they are now doing their scamming from www.sotaelectronic.com

Always make sure that your Chinese wholesaler accepts either payment through Paypal where you can dispute the charge and get your money back or has an escrow service that doesn't payout the wholesaler until you have received and signed off on the product!

Good luck all. lets stop these guys!

Old 05-16-2012, 10:47 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Re: Sotaelectronic.com Is A Scam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scamspotter View Post
Always make sure that your Chinese wholesaler accepts either payment through Paypal where you can dispute the charge and get your money back or has an escrow service that doesn't payout the wholesaler until you have received and signed off on the product!
Paying via Paypal or escrow services do not insure you can get your money back or that you are receiving what you ordered.

Paypal can only get your money back if there is money left in the scammer's paypal-linked bank account. Scammers know this and will immediately withdrawal your money and disappear. No money in the scammer's paypal-linked bank account means absolutely no possibility of refund for you.

An escrow service run by the same scammers as the website selling fakes will simply keep your money. A dishonest third party escrow service that is in cahoots with the scammers will simply hand your money off to the scammers without verifying that you received what you ordered. Even if you manage to find an honest third party escrow service to use, they will send your money to the scammers when you verify you received your package. Hours or days later, when you realize you have a box full of crappy fakes that don't work, you are now out the money.

Quote:
Good luck all. lets stop these guys!
Making a scammer's scam googlable on every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find is a great way to slow that scammer down when a suspicious potential victim goes looking for information, finds your post containing the name the scammer is using, his email address, phone number and the emails themselves and then that potential victim does not become a scam victim because you took the time "get the word out".

Thanks!!

Wasting a scammer's time legally and safely is called "scambaiting". If you google that word, you will find sites where you can read scambaits, post up the emails and email addresses of scammers, post up a fake website, read up on how to alert a hosting company that they are hosting a fake website, ask questions and learn all about the hobby of scambaiting.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com