report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Platinum Member

Is the U.S. Air Force putting safety last?

http://news.yahoo.com/fighter-pilots...opstories.html

There's tons of evidence pointing to a problem with the oxygen supply in the new F-22s, and the Air Force even grounded them for five months to try and find out ... and found nothing. This quote, to me, is the epitomy of "what the f*ck" ...

Quote:
Capt. Jeff Haney was flying the Air Force's next-generation stealth F-22 Raptor on a routine training mission in Alaska in November 2010 when a sudden malfunction cut off his oxygen completely. Capt. Haney never made a distress call but took his plane into a dive and, a little over a minute later, crashed into the winter wilderness at faster than the speed of sound.
After a lengthy investigation, an Air Force Accident Investigation Board could not find the cause of the malfunction but determined "by clear and convincing evidence" that in addition to other factors, Haney was to blame for the crash because he was too distracted by his inability to breathe to fly the plane properly.
At least 25 cases of hypoxia since 2008. There's a serious issue somewhere, and if taxpayers are paying Lockheed Martin $420 million a plane ($79 billion for all 187), they should be goddamned functioning correctly and safely.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Re: Is the U.S. Air Force putting safety last?

Quote:
Haney was to blame for the crash because he was too distracted by his inability to breathe to fly the plane properly.
Yikes.

Next they'll be blaming unarmed teenagers for getting shot by armed stalkers ... wait ...

Old 05-07-2012, 02:49 PM
I ain't got time for pedantic Ghandi type internet nerds

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturefreak2101 View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/fighter-pilots...opstories.html

There's tons of evidence pointing to a problem with the oxygen supply in the new F-22s, and the Air Force even grounded them for five months to try and find out ... and found nothing. This quote, to me, is the epitomy of "what the f*ck" ...

At least 25 cases of hypoxia since 2008. There's a serious issue somewhere, and if taxpayers are paying Lockheed Martin $420 million a plane ($79 billion for all 187), they should be goddamned functioning correctly and safely.
Odd... The O2 system that I am (was) familiar with was simple & easy to use. I read about the accident & the problems...

What strikes me as unusual was why this pilot dove to the deck at the speed of heat .

Old 05-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Most Valued Platinum Member

for god sakes.......why did the incompetent pilot let the plane be destroyed!? so much TAXPAYER money down the drain!? they should be OUTRAGED!? and where is GLENN on this 1!? more personal and GOV incompetence and bad behavior!? he should HOUND them like he hounds his other pinup DARTboard picks!?

Old 05-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yawn... View Post
Odd... The O2 system that I am (was) familiar with was simple & easy to use. I read about the accident & the problems...

What strikes me as unusual was why this pilot dove to the deck at the speed of heat .

I'm sure Assjam will be along during the next break he takes from writing his book to tell us all about the 02 system he's familiar with when he was dropping all those nukes.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:02 AM

The F-22...

I know little of the F-22 other than seeing it in pre-production static tests, and on the runway at Edwards AFB going through flight tests back in 2000 & 2001.

But I have read up on it a bit.

It's not a fighter - It is a freaking space ship. It is design to cruse @ 60,000 Ft !

WFT ? There is nothing up at 60,000 ft.

RE the life support system (O2 system): It is rather complex. Spending lots of time at very high altitude is risky without a space suit. The design, in addition to having a G suit, chemical/biological protection wherein you basically wrap the pilot in plastic - requires that a cooling fluid next to the pilots body.

Somehow this cooling system fluid causes the O2 supply to be cut off.

Quote:
But Carlisle later told the Air Force Times that investigators from the Air Force Scientific Advisory Board have pinpointed a leak in the Raptorís cooling system. Somehow, the cooling fluid was getting into oxygen system, blocking air from getting to pilots.
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/02/raptor-oxygen/

Name:  f22suit.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  43.9 KB

Old 05-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Platinum Member

Glad to hear they're onto it. How long before Lockheed-Martin fixes all the planes? (under warranty, right?????)

Old 05-09-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturefreak2101 View Post
Glad to hear they're onto it. How long before Lockheed-Martin fixes all the planes? (under warranty, right?????)
They cannot identify exactly what is happening, nor can they duplicate the O2 failure.