report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Investment Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Concerned

Property World Invest Scam Yucatan Beachfront

Watch out for PWI and NCM Law
My group, five people were looking for Mexico property. Browsing on-line for beach front property available for sale in Mexico, I came across this site that offered reasonable price in the Yucatan. I flew down to Mexico to view the properties. We made a deal for an initial $19,500, plus $777. per month for 3 years, per lot. It was explained by him that any development would have to go through the permit process which usually takes 60 days. He assured me that all services (water well, electrical, sewer) could be brought in with ease. Following his instruction and making our monthly payments, over 6 months have passed and still no permits. Hundreds of e-mails and text messages have gone back and forth each time him saying that it takes time. I contacted another person that purchased from them 3 years ago who is still waiting for permits. She infact knows several others that have the same issue. To date, nobody can find anyone that has been allowed to even plant a tree on their investment land. Just last night on-line doing a bit of research, I noticed that my property agent and the law firm he suggested and I used are one in the same. When I told him I was going down to start clearing the land without the permits, he got aggrevated and advised me not to. I purchased 2 lots, and 3 additional lots were purchased in my group so to date, just our losses are around the $125,000 mark. Many others are in also but I'm not sure of their losses at this time.

Last edited by Rocketpip : 03-12-2012 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Forgot to add the word scam in title

Old 03-15-2012, 10:33 AM
Concerned

Re: Property World Invest Scam Yucatan Beachfront

If you have a similar problem with these guys, please post your story.
As of today the BBB and the FBI have been alerted.
More agencies will follow.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:38 AM
Concerned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketpip View Post
Watch out for PWI and NCM Law
My group, five people were looking for Mexico property. Browsing on-line for beach front property available for sale in Mexico, I came across this site that offered reasonable price in the Yucatan. I flew down to Mexico to view the properties. We made a deal for an initial $19,500, plus $777. per month for 3 years, per lot. It was explained by him that any development would have to go through the permit process which usually takes 60 days. He assured me that all services (water well, electrical, sewer) could be brought in with ease. Following his instruction and making our monthly payments, over 6 months have passed and still no permits. Hundreds of e-mails and text messages have gone back and forth each time him saying that it takes time. I contacted another person that purchased from them 3 years ago who is still waiting for permits. She infact knows several others that have the same issue. To date, nobody can find anyone that has been allowed to even plant a tree on their investment land. Just last night on-line doing a bit of research, I noticed that my property agent and the law firm he suggested and I used are one in the same. When I told him I was going down to start clearing the land without the permits, he got aggrevated and advised me not to. I purchased 2 lots, and 3 additional lots were purchased in my group so to date, just our losses are around the $125,000 mark. Many others are in also but I'm not sure of their losses at this time.
An update: March 31-2012
The law firm involved just got the news that we can now do the cleanup on the properties. It has to be done by hand or there can be a fine or JAIL!
Am I wrong about all this?

Old 05-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Concerned

Update
Still waiting for the paperwork.
Although the Semanaret said go ahead, we still require it in written form. (This is just to do the cleanup) The STUDY is $6500 per lot if we decide to build.
Things are still not looking very good.
Tried to sell the land but no real estate agency will even look at it. They all say that permits will never be issued for those lots.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:06 AM
Newbie Member

How is the permitting and clearing of the land going , any progress ? I too own a few lots and would like additional information.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:38 AM
Concerned

So far NOTHING has happened other than the person that was representing PWI was let go.
Guess I have my answer for why he doesn't return calls anymore. Hey, you got me Ted Mills! (theo) "Good one!"

It seems like Property World Invest has someone trying to deal with the misrepresentations of this transaction. I guess we're going to see if they are as honorable as the are claiming or as crooked as the individual that delt with us.
The one thing that has changed is the study cost has dropped to around the $4200 mark per lot through Thomas at Forma development.

There's a bunch of people waiting for the outcome of this crap.
I'll keep up with the progress.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:42 PM
I am new at Scam.com

In response to the comments of Rocket pip and the comments above.

I do not know what company you have been dealing with but my own personnel experience with Property World Invest has been nothing short of excellent. I strongly disagree with all the negative things you are writing about this fine company.

I am most upset with the way you are portraying this company. I invested in 3 lots with a business partner and the whole process was smooth from the beginning. I bought 3 years ago for a very reasonable price. We did our research precisely and checked out what the Yucatan had to offer, by far this is the best land in the best location.

Property World Invest have already been good on their word and have returned me a sizeable increase in the land values from when I bought only 3 years ago I am a cash buyer no finance. I bought the lots for USD45,000USD and now they have increased to $75,000USD.I am assured from them that when construction starts in Jan/Feb 2013 then we have an estimated $125,000 per lot, considering I bought 3 do the math.

I resent any false hoods that I read and I felt strongly enough to jump to their defense. Please PM me for more details as I will bear witness to just how good these guys are.

A happy investor with Property World Invest.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:56 PM
I am new at Scam.com

To back up the permit process part.From the beginning of buying these lots it was explained to me by Alberto who is one of the best agents I have ever dealt with in my 20 plus years of investing in real estate,that we are going to build on raw virgin beach front lots.Alberto and with the help of NCM law firm completely put me in the picture about the permit process and what was involved.

I knew from the start that it was going to be a few years 2 or 3,until construction started because of the nature of this kind of development.I am completely realistic with this my own permit process is well under way and my studies are very promising.We had to wait until we had a sufficient size in our investment "family" to keep the permit price down.As far as I am concerned Property World Invest,Alberto and NCM law firm have my best interests at heart and have saved me $thousands of Dollars on the permit process.
As I am a cash investor I do not have to wait until my payments are complete to move forward with the construction part.I already have my plans from Property World Invest's construction company and I am thrilled with what I am going to build.

A happy Investor of Property World Invest..

Old 11-17-2012, 10:10 PM
I am new at Scam.com

We are also very happy for services provided from Property world invest, after buying property three years ago (3lots) they have kept care of our needs, calling and emailing updates of whole progress to get titles and informing us all the time about permits, we askt from three different comppanys price quotes for MiA and they was all over 14 000 usd per lot. ROCKETPIP should end this block due negative impact of the lot prices in the area and HE IS CLIERLY LYING Because he can not apply permits if he don't owe the land, like he says he bought with three years financing, so he can start his MIA study when he gets his titles, after he pays lots fully in 3 years, he is LIER and he is shooting his owe leg with this, what is wrong with you? "six months and no permits" only idiot thinks that there is coming permits without odering and contracting some comppany to do it, you don't even owe the land. LOL. Last time 2006 when we bougth land from PWI and what is now sold last year we made over 1200% profit in yucatan coast and to get permits took over 3.5 years to get. This time we are expecting to make even more by building ecological villas project.
Prime Beachfront Property is best investment in whole world. And Property world invest have done great work with bringing it available for all the investors outside and inside of Mexico.

Ps. PWI and NCM are different companies, i have visit offices off them several times, PWI in Fiesta Americana and NCM lawyer firm on the Av. Montejo and on the web page you can see PWI just recomending to use best lawyer company in Merida.
Somepody should report Rocketpip to FBi about fraude and scam.

Extremely happy investor....

Old 11-19-2012, 03:06 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketpip View Post
An update: March 31-2012
The law firm involved just got the news that we can now do the cleanup on the properties. It has to be done by hand or there can be a fine or JAIL!
Am I wrong about all this?
Yes you are wrong about everything.You are negatively effecting myself & my fellow investors with your bullshit stories,which are misleading, incorrect and quite frankley completely wrong

Yo are doing damage to a good company and to honest hard working folks.

You are an idiot Sir.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:38 AM
Concerned

BHahahahahaha,
It's funny how each of those posts sound exactly what the person that bullshitted me said. Sounds like an afternoon of one persons opinion. As for me not owning the land so that's why I can't build... Our group has permission from the owner to commence building prior to the completion of the sale.
So, think about this! Why would I shoot myself in the foot by lieing?? Are you just an idiot with a statement?? Why would I risk lowering my property value when it's clearly not worth the time it took the WPI agent to write all those wonderful things above. LOL!!
Hey, think about this. All of you had to google the company name and add "SCAM"beside it to find the link. What's that telling everyone.
I'd love to hear from all of you.
I'm guessing the same person calls.
No blocked numbers will be allowed.
How about I call you. Hmmmm, I probably won't get much there either.
There! Let's call your bluff!
As for progress, the study is complete / $4500 per lot.
Now the waiting game begins.
I have a great idea.
Why don't all you people that are so happy with your money making investment buy me out.
My group has 5 lots next to each other and would all sell because of the bullshit.
I can't even get reputable realestate agents to look at this property because its not worth their time.
I guessing there won't be many replies on this.

Last edited by Rocketpip : 11-19-2012 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Missing content

Old 11-19-2012, 05:47 AM
Concerned

A knee slapper!!
July-12-2012
Switzzers PM me saying he was near the point of signing a deal and needed some insight on this company.
Above in his quote he goes on to say he purchased 3 years ago now.
Ooops!
There's the idiot...

As for 1Alias's comment... "Somepody should report Rocketpip to FBi about fraude and scam."

Please report me. Quickly!! I have nothing to hide and that way we can get to the bottom of all this. Would you like the contact information to the person investigating this file? If nothing else, if this does require legal action, all those involve and probably you will have to answer for the crimes.

I'm going out on a limb her but I'm guessing it wont be you that does any reporting lol!

Look, I just wanted to buy property in Mexico. As I've said before... If I'm wrong, I'll retract anything I've said, I'll apologise and I'll even find more investors as I have some waiting on the outcome of all this. I'll go as far as Putting a sign up on the property saying "Purchased Through PWI, The best Company On The Planet"

Last edited by Rocketpip : 11-19-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Newbie Member

I'm reading all this and both people seem to have very different experiences.

Here's the issue. I have 2 lots and not 1 single realtor from Property World Invest will represent me and my lots to sell them.
I have called and posed as someone else and they give me the pitch on the value of these lots "but do it today and you can buy for " etc etc.. when I call back and say listen I want to sell I own 2 lots and will sell them for $40k per lot which is 5k less than what I bought and from what you just told me they are worth 75k each they clam up and start telling me not to sell its a bad idea etc etc when I insist I even tested the guy and said tell someone buy both I will unload for 70k for both together they still refused to sell for me. So if these lots hold so much value why wouldn't they jump I even offered 10% commission. If I am missing something here I would love to know what it is but am very very skeptical. Yes I paid cash on the lots so there is no note. Advice or clarification would be wonderful

Old 11-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Concerned

Sorry to hear that buddy. I can't find a realtor that will even consider selling mine.
Looks like you've joined the group of the damned (scammed )
Our email and phone group is getting bigger. A group Lawyer is looking into this for us.
Ill keep the progress open on here.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Concerned

Quick update...
The money for the survey was returned by the bank for lack of information on their part. Several attempts were made. The guy wanting the cash even called the bank to correct but nothing went through. He then mentioned to send my funds to the lawyer for PWI. NCM Law.
I explained that I would be there in a day and would arrange payment in Mexico.
I mentioned that I would like to see copies of the $9500 survey and he got really angry. "You can't have them until you pay" I replied "I just want to see them, not take them" he refused! Why would I pay for something not done???
Flew down to see if there were any changes. Didn't look like anyone had been doing any kind of surveys although I was previously assured by the guy wanting the money, that there had been people there for the study.
I had asked him before my flight if I could at least run one path through the property to the beach with a cat or something. OMG "You'll go to jail" you can't do that!! He got quite angry with me but he did say that he could get some guys with maschetties to clear the path. I agreed but didn't here from him until after my trip was over.
People that say they've called numorous times but don't leave 1 message don't hold my confidence very long.
One of the members in my group did send his payment to NCM Law for the survey so I guess we'll see how that goes.
It's interesting how many people have googled PWI and scam in the same search engine and I've enjoyed talking to those of you that have emailed me. Hope I've helped.
I will continue with the updates until I get approval (meaning I was wrong) or (I was right) and the bad people are behind bars.

Last edited by Rocketpip : 12-12-2012 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Sequence was wrong

Old 12-17-2012, 08:20 AM
Newbie Member

I have like many other owner in the area building permits for my lot, i think this idiot Rocket pimp just wants to find buyers for his land true this BS. I have lost two buying clients because this Board.

Building permit Boqueron 1:

And even from internet you can find other photos of permits if you have brains
Attached Images

Last edited by costabuilder : 12-18-2012 at 03:46 AM.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Newbie Member

USO DE SUELO - USE OF LAND
Next land to Boqueron 1
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Newbie Member

We made our permits with help of PWI and NCM LAW FIRM and like you can see we have it and service was EXCELLENT, PROFESSIONAL AND FAST, WE CAN RECOMEND both companies services.