report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2012, 06:11 AM
Gold Member

Re: The Great Amway Scam Resource Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Bunkum View Post
THE AMWAY MILLIONAIRE MYTH

The AMO (Amway Motivational Organization) propaganda machine goes to great lengths to create and perpetuate the myth that you can't become a millionaire working a J.O.B. and that becoming an Amway diamond is the fastest, most efficient vehicle for achieving a seven figure income. A book by Thomas J. Stanley (former professor of business at Georgia State) titled "The Millionaire Next Door" takes this myth and brings it into serious question. To summarize, Dr. Stanley's research shows us that:

Most millionaires make their money in unremarkable businesses such as funeral homes, bowling alleys and small manufacturing firms. And most live relatively inconspicuously...

Consider the following notion: the best (perhaps the ONLY) way to become a millionaire in the Amway business is to start an AMO and sell motivation to thousands of distributors.
Most
Perhaps
Conjecture

Amway equals fastest, easiest, most reliable way for common person to become millionaire and has proven it for over FIFTY years..

Old 05-04-2012, 09:25 AM
I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it!

This guy is psychotic. What's up with the multiple postings?

Too many ambot cult meetings perhaps?

Here's a good one....
"That's why I changed my 'story'".
Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Old 05-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James R View Post
This guy is psychotic. What's up with the multiple postings?
Leave Doc alone..

He is a poor sad little old man with nothing better to do..

Old 05-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Cranky Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptical_MLM'er View Post
Amway equals fastest, easiest, most reliable way for common person to become millionaire and has proven it for over FIFTY years..
How have they proven it?

If they have proven it, then Amway should be able to give an exact figure as to how many millionaires are in the ranks.

How many millionaires has Amway created?

If they don't know the actual numbers, then how can they claim to have produced more millionaires than any other type of business in history as you claim?

Old 05-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Cranky Old Fart

Spending Sunday in the worship of money

Is there a group of people more irritating, self-righteous and unnaturally enthusiastic than a bunch of sales folk trying to punt their wares? Well, imagine being trapped in a hall heaving with them.

Not a great way to spend a Sunday, but who can ignore the lure of money or, in my case, watching how worship of it can turn people into slaves, salivating at the thought of becoming mega-rich?

That is what Amway, the direct marketing group intent on global domination, promises to do for hard-working South Africans. It is the American Dream, and it has been spreading like a contagious disease since arriving here last August...

Amway - "spreading like a contagious disease".

Good way to put it!

Old 05-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
How have they proven it?

If they have proven it, then Amway should be able to give an exact figure as to how many millionaires are in the ranks.

How many millionaires has Amway created?

If they don't know the actual numbers, then how can they claim to have produced more millionaires than any other type of business in history as you claim?
Please stop using ad hominem rebuttals (questioning the validity of my statements, it is your job to prove them not true...not mine to support their validity....just ask Boxy)

Just because you dont like the data....doesnt stop it from being true..

Amway has created more millionaires and multi-millionaires than any other company in history of mankind

Old 05-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Cranky Old Fart

Quote:
Amway has created more millionaires and multi-millionaires than any other company in history of mankind
If you continue to post bulls-h-i-t statements like this, then it's your job to provide proof that it is indeed true.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
If you continue to post bulls-h-i-t statements like this, then it's your job to provide proof that it is indeed true.
Sorry.... debates dont work that way..

I post statements and it is your job to disprove their credibility, not mine..

Just ask your buddy Boxy

Old 05-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Most
Perhaps
Conjecture
How many people (out of the 3 million) have become millionaires strictly from being Amway distributors?

To the nearest ten would be fine.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once Upon a Time View Post
How many people (out of the 3 million) have become millionaires strictly from being Amway distributors?

To the nearest ten would be fine.
Sorry...

Ad Hominem approaches are not allowed on this forum (right Boxy?)

Your job to go find evidence to refute the statement ..

I just post the facts..

Sorry if you dont like them..

But that is how all of these threads go..

Anti MLMers post links to blogs that state ridiculous, unfounded data and say "prove it isnt true" instead of debating basic principles..

We both get to play bythe same rules right?

Here... I will still help you a little..

Here is a list ofsome of the Diamonds in Amway

Avg income as per Amway's IDS is $600K+

No doubt that put most of them above that..

This is an automatically generated list of Amway Diamonds and above with pages on Amway Wiki. Inclusion on Amway Wiki does not mean they are requalifying at that level or even if they are still Amway Business Owners. This list currently numbers now over 2000 and is not exhaustive, with Amway reporting in 2004 that more than 4000 businesses had qualified at Diamond or above. If you know of a Diamond or past Diamond not listed, please create a page for them.
Note that some names appear more than once as they have qualified with multiple separate Amway businesses.
Contents

[hide]

Diamonds

Old 05-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Band

Quote:
Most
Perhaps
Conjecture

I like how you call reason and logic "conjecture" when you can't even remotely back up your claim that Amway makes more millionaires than any other company.
I'm not selling anything, so I don't need links in my signature to for-profit ventures. You really should question the intentions of those here that have them, as they are generally advertising, not informing.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinandhobbes View Post
I like how you call reason and logic "conjecture" when you can't even remotely back up your claim that Amway makes more millionaires than any other company.
Just posted like a wicked wicked long list for you.

Prove they dont..

Stop with the Ad Hominems (Thanks Boxy)

Old 05-04-2012, 03:07 PM
Band

Quote:
Anti MLMers post links to blogs that state ridiculous, unfounded data and say "prove it isnt true" instead of debating basic principles..
as opposed to you who just posted links to mostly empty websites on a wiki, where anyone can post unfounded data.

your hypocrisy is limitless.

any actual hard data to back up your BS claim that amway has made more millionaires?

Nope.

I thought so. You don't tell people MLM is taught at harvard business school too, do you? you seem to be into the Amway myths big time.
I'm not selling anything, so I don't need links in my signature to for-profit ventures. You really should question the intentions of those here that have them, as they are generally advertising, not informing.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Band

Quote:
Just posted like a wicked wicked long list for you.

Prove they dont..

Stop with the Ad Hominems (Thanks Boxy)
You made the claim, you need to prove it.

If I said you are secretly a child molestor, would it be up to you to prove you aren't or me to prove you are?

Your logic is weak sauce. Powerless in fact.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
You made the claim, you need to prove it.

If I said you are secretly a child molestor, would it be up to you to prove you aren't or me to prove you are?

Your logic is weak sauce. Powerless in fact.

sorry sweetheart..

your other anti MLM moron friends already said that stating and posting things with no verification is proof enough..

No need to defend or rebut

Makes it all fact..

So feel free to post what you want about me.. it mustall be true...

As the 5 time convicted rapist you are, I'm sure that you can understand..

Old 05-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
as opposed to you who just posted links to mostly empty websites on a wiki, where anyone can post unfounded data.

your hypocrisy is limitless.

any actual hard data to back up your BS claim that amway has made more millionaires?

Nope.

Just following your lead...

Never posted a single factual bit of data.... just quoting angry blogs yourself...

How does that go.... good for the goose...?

Old 05-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Cranky Old Fart

Quote:
This is an automatically generated list of Amway Diamonds and above with pages on Amway Wiki. Inclusion on Amway Wiki does not mean they are requalifying at that level or even if they are still Amway Business Owners. This list currently numbers now over 2000 and is not exhaustive, with Amway reporting in 2004 that more than 4000 businesses had qualified at Diamond or above.
Thanks for screwing up my thread with all that garbage.

On that site you got all that trash from, what does it say right at the top of the page?

IMPORTANT: The Amway Wiki is independently operated and not affiliated with Amway, Quixtar, its parent company Alticor or any related businesses. The information on this site may or may not be accurate.

"May or may not be accurate".

Right - I think that sums up what you posted quite nicely.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Thanks for screwing up my thread with all that garbage.

On that site you got all that trash from, what does it say right at the top of the page?

IMPORTANT: The Amway Wiki is independently operated and not affiliated with Amway, Quixtar, its parent company Alticor or any related businesses. The information on this site may or may not be accurate.

"May or may not be accurate".

Right - I think that sums up what you posted quite nicely.

...and EQUALLY as accurate as any angry blog post/link you and your ignorant buddies have posted since day 1...

No one here cares to engage in true debate of facts... so we will all resort to this... fun isnt it?