report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #19  
Old 05-04-2012, 06:11 AM
Skeptical_MLM'er Skeptical_MLM'er is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 861
Re: The Great Amway Scam Resource Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Bunkum View Post
THE AMWAY MILLIONAIRE MYTH

The AMO (Amway Motivational Organization) propaganda machine goes to great lengths to create and perpetuate the myth that you can't become a millionaire working a J.O.B. and that becoming an Amway diamond is the fastest, most efficient vehicle for achieving a seven figure income. A book by Thomas J. Stanley (former professor of business at Georgia State) titled "The Millionaire Next Door" takes this myth and brings it into serious question. To summarize, Dr. Stanley's research shows us that:

Most millionaires make their money in unremarkable businesses such as funeral homes, bowling alleys and small manufacturing firms. And most live relatively inconspicuously...


Consider the following notion: the best (perhaps the ONLY) way to become a millionaire in the Amway business is to start an AMO and sell motivation to thousands of distributors.
Most
Perhaps
Conjecture

Amway equals fastest, easiest, most reliable way for common person to become millionaire and has proven it for over FIFTY years..


Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old 05-04-2012, 09:25 AM
James R's Avatar
James R James R is offline
I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it!
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,596
Re: The Great Amway Scam Resource Thread

This guy is psychotic. What's up with the multiple postings?

Too many ambot cult meetings perhaps?
__________________
Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.


Here's a good one....
"That's why I changed my 'story'".
Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Reply With Quote

  #21  
Old 05-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Skeptical_MLM'er Skeptical_MLM'er is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 861
Re: The Great Amway Scam Resource Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by James R View Post
This guy is psychotic. What's up with the multiple postings?
Leave Doc alone..

He is a poor sad little old man with nothing better to do..



Reply With Quote

  #22  
Old 05-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Doc Bunkum's Avatar
Doc Bunkum Doc Bunkum is offline
Cranky Old Fart
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bumfuck, Iowa
Posts: 2,217
Re: The Great Amway Scam Resource Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptical_MLM'er View Post
Amway equals fastest, easiest, most reliable way for common person to become millionaire and has proven it for over FIFTY years..
How have they proven it?

If they have proven it, then Amway should be able to give an exact figure as to how many millionaires are in the ranks.

How many millionaires has Amway created?

If they don't know the actual numbers, then how can they claim to have produced more millionaires than any other type of business in history as you claim?

Reply With Quote

  #23  
Old 05-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Doc Bunkum's Avatar
Doc Bunkum Doc Bunkum is offline
Cranky Old Fart
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bumfuck, Iowa
Posts: 2,217
Re: The Great Amway Scam Resource Thread

Spending Sunday in the worship of money

Is there a group of people more irritating, self-righteous and unnaturally enthusiastic than a bunch of sales folk trying to punt their wares? Well, imagine being trapped in a hall heaving with them.

Not a great way to spend a Sunday, but who can ignore the lure of money or, in my case, watching how worship of it can turn people into slaves, salivating at the thought of becoming mega-rich?

That is what Amway, the direct marketing group intent on global domination, promises to do for hard-working South Africans. It is the American Dream, and it has been spreading like a contagious disease since arriving here last August...


Amway - "spreading like a contagious disease".

Good way to put it!

Reply With Quote

  #24  
Old 05-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Skeptical_MLM'er Skeptical_MLM'er is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 861
Re: The Great Amway Scam Resource Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Bunkum View Post
How have they proven it?

If they have proven it, then Amway should be able to give an exact figure as to how many millionaires are in the ranks.

How many millionaires has Amway created?

If they don't know the actual numbers, then how can they claim to have produced more millionaires than any other type of business in history as you claim?
Please stop using ad hominem rebuttals (questioning the validity of my statements, it is your job to prove them not true...not mine to support their validity....just ask Boxy)

Just because you dont like the data....doesnt stop it from being true..

Amway has created more millionaires and multi-millionaires than any other company in history of mankind

Reply With Quote

  #25  
Old 05-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Doc Bunkum's Avatar
Doc Bunkum Doc Bunkum is offline
Cranky Old Fart
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bumfuck, Iowa
Posts: 2,217
Re: The Great Amway Scam Resource Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptical_MLM'er View Post
Amway has created more millionaires and multi-millionaires than any other company in history of mankind
If you continue to post bulls-h-i-t statements like this, then it's your job to provide proof that it is indeed true.

Reply With Quote

  #26  
Old 05-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Skeptical_MLM'er Skeptical_MLM'er is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 861
Re: The Great Amway Scam Resource Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Bunkum View Post
If you continue to post bulls-h-i-t statements like this, then it's your job to provide proof that it is indeed true.
Sorry.... debates dont work that way..

I post statements and it is your job to disprove their credibility, not mine..

Just ask your buddy Boxy

Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old 05-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Once Upon a Time Once Upon a Time is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,652
Re: The Great Amway Scam Resource Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptical_MLM'er View Post
Most
Perhaps
Conjecture
Amway equals fastest, easiest, most reliable way for common person to become millionaire and has proven it for over FIFTY years..
How many people (out of the 3 million) have become millionaires strictly from being Amway distributors?

To the nearest ten would be fine.

Reply With Quote

  #28  
Old 05-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Skeptical_MLM'er Skeptical_MLM'er is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 861
Re: The Great Amway Scam Resource Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once Upon a Time View Post
How many people (out of the 3 million) have become millionaires strictly from being Amway distributors?

To the nearest ten would be fine.
Sorry...

Ad Hominem approaches are not allowed on this forum (right Boxy?)

Your job to go find evidence to refute the statement ..

I just post the facts..

Sorry if you dont like them..

But that is how all of these threads go..

Anti MLMers post links to blogs that state ridiculous, unfounded data and say "prove it isnt true" instead of debating basic principles..

We both get to play bythe same rules right?

Here... I will still help you a little..

Here is a list ofsome of the Diamonds in Amway

Avg income as per Amway's IDS is $600K+

No doubt that put most of them above that..

This is an automatically generated list of Amway Diamonds and above with pages on Amway Wiki. Inclusion on Amway Wiki does not mean they are requalifying at that level or even if they are still Amway Business Owners. This list currently numbers now over 2000 and is not exhaustive, with Amway reporting in 2004 that more than 4000 businesses had qualified at Diamond or above. If you know of a Diamond or past Diamond not listed, please create a page for them.
Note that some names appear more than once as they have qualified with multiple separate Amway businesses.
Contents

[hide]

Diamonds

Reply With Quote

  #29  
Old 05-04-2012, 03:03 PM
calvinandhobbes calvinandhobbes is offline
Band
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,304
Re: The Great Amway Scam Resource Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptical_MLM'er View Post
Most
Perhaps
Conjecture

Amway equals fastest, easiest, most reliable way for common person to become millionaire and has proven it for over FIFTY years..
I like how you call reason and logic "conjecture" when you can't even remotely back up your claim that Amway makes more millionaires than any other company.
__________________
I'm not selling anything, so I don't need links in my signature to for-profit ventures. You really should question the intentions of those here that have them, as they are generally advertising, not informing.

Reply With Quote

  #30  
Old 05-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Skeptical_MLM'er Skeptical_MLM'er is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 861
Re: The Great Amway Scam Resource Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinandhobbes View Post
I like how you call reason and logic "conjecture" when you can't even remotely back up your claim that Amway makes more millionaires than any other company.
Just posted like a wicked wicked long list for you.

Prove they dont..

Stop with the Ad Hominems (Thanks Boxy)

Reply With Quote

  #31  
Old 05-04-2012, 03:07 PM
calvinandhobbes calvinandhobbes is offline
Band
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,304
Re: The Great Amway Scam Resource Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptical_MLM'er View Post
Anti MLMers post links to blogs that state ridiculous, unfounded data and say "prove it isnt true" instead of debating basic principles..
as opposed to you who just posted links to mostly empty websites on a wiki, where anyone can post unfounded data.

your hypocrisy is limitless.

any actual hard data to back up your BS claim that amway has made more millionaires?

Nope.

I thought so. You don't tell people MLM is taught at harvard business school too, do you? you seem to be into the Amway myths big time.
__________________
I'm not selling anything, so I don't need links in my signature to for-profit ventures. You really should question the intentions of those here that have them, as they are generally advertising, not informing.

Reply With Quote

  #32  
Old 05-04-2012, 03:08 PM
calvinandhobbes calvinandhobbes is offline
Band
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,304
Re: The Great Amway Scam Resource Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptical_MLM'er View Post
Just posted like a wicked wicked long list for you.

Prove they dont..

Stop with the Ad Hominems (Thanks Boxy)
You made the claim, you need to prove it.

If I said you are secretly a child molestor, would it be up to you to prove you aren't or me to prove you are?

Your logic is weak sauce. Powerless in fact.
__________________
I'm not selling anything, so I don't need links in my signature to for-profit ventures. You really should question the intentions of those here that have them, as they are generally advertising, not informing.

Reply With Quote

  #33  
Old 05-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Skeptical_MLM'er Skeptical_MLM'er is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 861
Re: The Great Amway Scam Resource Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinandhobbes View Post
You made the claim, you need to prove it.

If I said you are secretly a child molestor, would it be up to you to prove you aren't or me to prove you are?

Your logic is weak sauce. Powerless in fact.

sorry sweetheart..

your other anti MLM moron friends already said that stating and posting things with no verification is proof enough..

No need to defend or rebut

Makes it all fact..

So feel free to post what you want about me.. it mustall be true...

As the 5 time convicted rapist you are, I'm sure that you can understand..

Reply With Quote

  #34  
Old 05-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Skeptical_MLM'er Skeptical_MLM'er is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 861
Re: The Great Amway Scam Resource Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinandhobbes View Post
as opposed to you who just posted links to mostly empty websites on a wiki, where anyone can post unfounded data.

your hypocrisy is limitless.

any actual hard data to back up your BS claim that amway has made more millionaires?

Nope.
.

Just following your lead...

Never posted a single factual bit of data.... just quoting angry blogs yourself...

How does that go.... good for the goose...?

Reply With Quote

  #35  
Old 05-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Doc Bunkum's Avatar
Doc Bunkum Doc Bunkum is offline
Cranky Old Fart
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bumfuck, Iowa
Posts: 2,217
Re: The Great Amway Scam Resource Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptical_MLM'er View Post
This is an automatically generated list of Amway Diamonds and above with pages on Amway Wiki. Inclusion on Amway Wiki does not mean they are requalifying at that level or even if they are still Amway Business Owners. This list currently numbers now over 2000 and is not exhaustive, with Amway reporting in 2004 that more than 4000 businesses had qualified at Diamond or above.
Thanks for screwing up my thread with all that garbage.

On that site you got all that trash from, what does it say right at the top of the page?

IMPORTANT: The Amway Wiki is independently operated and not affiliated with Amway, Quixtar, its parent company Alticor or any related businesses. The information on this site may or may not be accurate.

"May or may not be accurate".

Right - I think that sums up what you posted quite nicely.

Reply With Quote

  #36  
Old 05-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Skeptical_MLM'er Skeptical_MLM'er is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 861
Re: The Great Amway Scam Resource Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Bunkum View Post
Thanks for screwing up my thread with all that garbage.

On that site you got all that trash from, what does it say right at the top of the page?

IMPORTANT: The Amway Wiki is independently operated and not affiliated with Amway, Quixtar, its parent company Alticor or any related businesses. The information on this site may or may not be accurate.

"May or may not be accurate".

Right - I think that sums up what you posted quite nicely.

...and EQUALLY as accurate as any angry blog post/link you and your ignorant buddies have posted since day 1...

No one here cares to engage in true debate of facts... so we will all resort to this... fun isnt it?


Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Great Amway Story... box86rowh MLM Scams 132 06-27-2013 01:53 PM
LOL Thread on Amway and other MLMs tomInAustin MLM Scams 29 04-22-2013 08:27 PM
Scam Resource rrs1899 Internet Scams 3 12-22-2009 11:12 AM
BBZ Resource Management Gas Rebate Scam bbzscam MLM Scams 12 07-22-2009 03:17 PM
Is Resource-a-day scam or not santan25 Internet Scams 0 08-11-2006 11:35 AM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Scam.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the User’s own risk. Neither Scam.com nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Just because a business, person, or entity is listed on scam.com does not necessarily constitute they are scammers. This is a free open forum where people can debate the merits from the consumer's or business owner's perspective. Registration and participation is always FREE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.




Scam.com Is Proudly Hosted By Rackco and Protected By CloudFlare


Scams Message Board - Copyright 2004-2013 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved.