report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Silver Member

King of Queens versus MLM

http://video.ezinemark.com/king-of-q...47d276984.html

Kevin James take's role of a newly recruited Water Filter salesman and tries to recruit his pops into the biz. Hilarity ensues.

I think there was a topic about TV shows and movies that included MLM as their topic. Penn and Teller's Bullsh1t also had a whole episode dedicated to the low rate of success of MLM reps. I believe the companies included were Zwii, some type of Bro-Meat Cooking Equipment and...something else.

CoolGrey: [Son concerned with is parents choice to join Amway] After one last heated argument with my mom, I have been kicked out for "being too negative" and "bringing so much negativity home" (just got home from college)

ChrisDoyle: I have to be honest I'm with your parents on this one.

Bookmark and Share

Old 05-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Silver Member

Re: King of Queens versus MLM

I saw that Penn and Teller episode and it was hilarious.

MLM is sales. If you can't sell, don't bother. If you can sell, don't bother because you'll make hell of a lot more working in direct sales than trying to convince tire kickers to fork over money to join your awesome company.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsc8987 View Post
I saw that Penn and Teller episode and it was hilarious.

MLM is sales. If you can't sell, don't bother. If you can sell, don't bother because you'll make hell of a lot more working in direct sales than trying to convince tire kickers to fork over money to join your awesome company.
By direct sales, you mean the typical salesman of cars, clothing, mattresses, pharmeceuticals, ect.
Also, direct sales, without MLM, may be worthwhile since it is 100% based around the sales of a product, not recruitment.

CoolGrey: [Son concerned with is parents choice to join Amway] After one last heated argument with my mom, I have been kicked out for "being too negative" and "bringing so much negativity home" (just got home from college)

ChrisDoyle: I have to be honest I'm with your parents on this one.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:43 AM
Platinum Member

Right. What is required to be successful in MLM is the exact reason why you should NOT participate. Since you MUST be a good salesman to make money in ANY sales business, that means you could just as easily take your skills and apply them to a real job where you get paid for your efforts. This is why it is typically BAD salespeople that get suckered into MLM, thinking that they'll get better salespeople in their downline to do the work for them. But they never get those types of people because those types of people find better opportunities and better ways to apply their skillsets.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:59 AM
Most Valued Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kegger430 View Post
By direct sales, you mean the typical salesman of cars, clothing, mattresses, pharmeceuticals, ect.
Also, direct sales, without MLM, may be worthwhile since it is 100% based around the sales of a product, not recruitment.
Direct sales is not the above...almost all of direct selling is MLM.
MLM is 100% based around the sale of product.
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44
Learn to read you fvcking moron. I never claimed those pages were from IBO's.
And he admits to changing people's posts!
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
Direct sales is not the above...almost all of direct selling is MLM.
MLM is 100% based around the sale of product.
The product being the MLM scam "business opportunity".

Old 05-04-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once Upon a Time View Post
The product being the MLM scam "business opportunity".
Nope, the products are the physical products that people buy and use. You cannot sell and pay commission for a business opportunity, that would make it a pyramid.
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
Nope, the products are the physical products that people buy and use. You cannot sell and pay commission for a business opportunity, that would make it a pyramid.
But you said it was 100% based around the sale of the product>

If so, how could it be an MLM?

Damn that logic! Trips you up at every turn, doesn't it.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once Upon a Time View Post
But you said it was 100% based around the sale of the product>

If so, how could it be an MLM?

Damn that logic! Trips you up at every turn, doesn't it.
All money earned in MLM is based around the sale of product, not by recruiting people. Easy to understand when you think about it.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote: